Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #601
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: i.am.jenn
Stats: 341/341/We'll see when I get there. :)
WOE: None/Playing it by ear
Start Date: 05 September 2010
Tonights Noms: Beef Cabbage Casserole

OMG! Sooo good!

Ingredients
[16] 4 cups cabbage (when shredded and sauteed)
[6] 1/2 onion (diced and sauteed)
[2] 2 tsp minced garlic
[0] 1 lb lean ground beef
[16] 1 cup low sugar ketchup (or sugar free tomatoe sauce if you can find it)
[2] 1 cup shredded cheese

[42] for the total recipe
[6] per serving (makes 6 servings)

Brown the lean ground beef. Season to taste. Drain.

Sautee onion and garlic in EVOO till onion starts to become transparent. Add to meat mixture.

Add cabbage to pan and extra EVOO if needed. Sautee till good and limp. Remove from heat.

In bowl with meat, onion and garlic add low sugar ketchup (or sugar free tomatoe sauce) and mix thoroughly. Add the cabbage and mix. Transfer to 9x13 pan. Top pan with shredded cheese. Put in preheated oven (300 F) and let it cook for 30 minutes.

Remove. Sprinkle the top with favorite spices (I did a little Tony Chacheres and Black Pepper), take a picture, sing a song as you serve yourself a big fat helping, move to the table and mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... get your NOMS on!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

"I'm not crazy, M'Lynn, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years!" Ouiser Boudreaux

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Greer'sGal
Stats: 226/195.8/120
WOE: Atkinsish/Stillmansish
Start Date: 9/3/08
There is a Chinese Grocery that I used to get Shiritaki noodles from - I'll have to go get another bag of them. Never thought of cutting them up like rice! Jenn - you're a freakin GENIUS!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #603
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I've used them like rice before but I bet Jenn's were better than mine.

I don't want my venison sausages now, I want that casserole!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fashay
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodinlife View Post

hamburger steak with mushroom gravy, creamed spinach, mashed cheesy cauliflower, all induction friendly, no starch.

Recipe please
Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #605
Bel
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bel
Stats: 141/137/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2008 (second time around)
Ahhh, fashay...look how good you are with your portion size! I'm terrible with portions and it's something I really need to work on since I'm programed to eat everything on my plate.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #606
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bel View Post
Ahhh, fashay...look how good you are with your portion size! I'm terrible with portions and it's something I really need to work on since I'm programed to eat everything on my plate.
Luckily with LC your appetite suppresses and you end up feeling more satiated with less food. Which is SUPER AWESOME for those of us with HUGEMONGEOUS appetites.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:53 AM   #607
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: BarbDe
Stats: Quit smoking 11/4/07; 16/10/10 on 11/30/12
WOE: Low carb/Paleo/& Crossfit!
Start Date: August 2004
I have been going crazy with sweet cravings today. Not sure why. I have not had sweets in about 3 weeks. Anyway, before I dove head first into DH's icecream, I remembered this. I ate about 1/2 of it. Hit the spot!

Chocolate Flax Muffin

2T butter
4T Flaxmeal
1 egg
1/4t Baking powder
1T Coco Powder
Splenda/Sweetner to taste. (I used 2 packets Splenda)

Melt butter in small bowl, add remaining ingredients. Microwave for 2 minutes, or til done.
"Frosting"
Soften some cream cheese, add some sweetner and cinnamon, again to your taste.
Enjoy!
Old 10-31-2008, 12:16 PM   #608
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Mmmmm... Barb De that looks good.

I'm making a sweet tomorrow, no TODAY! that everyone is gonna go gaga for. Like everyone is going to marry me and clean my house for me.

I'm looking forward to the clean house.

PS - There will be pictures... and it's Induction Friendly.

ETA: Changed it today, I figured out how to make it with the goodies I have around the house.

Last edited by i.am.jenn; 10-31-2008 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: Heh! I'm a super genius who can TOTALLY rock the stove!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 12:22 PM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
Barb de - i was thinking bout something choclatey....came here...and made the choc. flax muffin. will definately be making that again!!!

jen - have you made it yet? huh? huh?.....I'll probably be over with the preacher and the vacuum.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:29 PM   #610
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I got it looking pretty but it tastes like boo.

Gotta keep working on it. Maybe next weekend. Keep that preacher on hold!
Old 10-31-2008, 03:23 PM   #611
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: luvdanrs
Stats: 243/221.5/150
Start Date: December 2006
choc cake looks good. Will be making it tomorrow. Have weigh in tomorrow and already had flax min bread at lunch today. SO limiting myself.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #612
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

This is the disaster from yesterday. I've decided to post it as is. I don't think I'll be working on this recipe anymore. But I wanted to share it because SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will enjoy it.

Recipe:
[1.6] 2 oz Cream Cheese
[0] 2 eggs
[0] 1 splash Davinci's (your flavor of choice) or a packet or two of Splenda (again, to your taste)

Put a medium size, deep (at least an inch, preferable inch and a half) pan on the stove over medium heat. Put a deep layer (1/2 inch) of canola oil and let it warm up.

Mix it in a food processor until it's blended VERY well. No chunky cream cheese in this recipe. I put it in a zip lock bag. Nip the tip of a corner of the bag (and just BARELY cut it. If it's too big this is not work. This is experience talking! Squirt into oil making a few circles around the pan going into the center. Basically, trying not to let the batter touch itself. Swirl the oil as it cooks to cover the tops of the "funnel cake".

When done, remove with tongs and transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain grease. Do not pat! They will mush and won't be as pretty.

Do not cook it as dark as a funnel cake (like in the picture). The dark parts are NASTY! DON'T EAT THEM!!!

After you have cooked it all and let it drain, transfer to the plate you'll eat it off of. Sprinkle with Cinnamon and Granular Splenda (the kind for cooking) if you want it to be pretty like a funnel cake and you DO! after all!!! What else is the appeal of a funnel cake? It doesn't really have a flavor. This one is nice and sweet... well, the parts that aren't too dark!

So there ya go! Enjoy!!!

Last edited by i.am.jenn; 11-01-2008 at 11:46 AM..
Old 11-01-2008, 11:44 AM   #613
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Low Carb Pizza - NOM!

You'll need the fabulous Zucchnini Crust by Jamie (aka The Fabulous Cleochatra).

The Crust

All Decorated and Out of the Oven

I've topped this one with
[4.5] Tomato Sauce
[2] Canadian Bacon
[1] 1 cup Cheese

[9] Zucchini Crust

---------- Totals

[16.5] Entire Recipe
[2.75] Per Slice (at 6 GINOURMOUS slices)

I love a nice big slice of pizza. NOM NOM NOM!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #614
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: goodinlife
Stats: 245/195.8/145
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 1, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
I bought mine at whole foods but I would buy 1 at a time....my sis and mom loved it....I couldn't get past the texture....

Miracle noodles and Shirataki noodles are the same.

I've only had the tofu ones, there are others I almost ordered made from a root, I think it was a sweet potato root but dont hold me to it. I ended up buying the Tofu ones at Whole Foods also. 2 carbs per serving, the whole bag has like 4 carbs, packed in water in the dairy section of some stores.

I'm with you Dedicated. While DH is not LCing he thought they were fine, but I can't get past the rubbery texture. No smell, I rinsed and rinsed, they are so easy to make, but I totally get where kids come from when they won't eat something because of the texture.

Now ricing it might be better, but I'd rather use cauliflower for that.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #615
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Jen, I love the egg and cheese crust for a quick after school snack for DS. I just mix one egg with cheese, garlic powder, basil and a handful or two of mozzerella and fix him a fast after school pizza. He's down over 40 lbs since late June and he loves that pizza!

I need to make this one with zucchini for myself, I think I would like it more.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #616
Bel
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bel
Stats: 141/137/120
Start Date: October 2008 (second time around)
Ohhh, how i've missed PIZZA!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #617
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Miracle noodles and Shirataki noodles are the same.

I've only had the tofu ones, there are others I almost ordered made from a root, I think it was a sweet potato root but dont hold me to it. I ended up buying the Tofu ones at Whole Foods also. 2 carbs per serving, the whole bag has like 4 carbs, packed in water in the dairy section of some stores.

I'm with you Dedicated. While DH is not LCing he thought they were fine, but I can't get past the rubbery texture. No smell, I rinsed and rinsed, they are so easy to make, but I totally get where kids come from when they won't eat something because of the texture.

Now ricing it might be better, but I'd rather use cauliflower for that.
I thought it was all in my mind...but I can't do the texture! It's good for the peeps who like it! good option!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #618
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Jen, I love the egg and cheese crust for a quick after school snack for DS. I just mix one egg with cheese, garlic powder, basil and a handful or two of mozzerella and fix him a fast after school pizza. He's down over 40 lbs since late June and he loves that pizza!

I need to make this one with zucchini for myself, I think I would like it more.
It's awesome. I think it has less "zucchini flavor" than fauxtatoes have "cauliflower flavor".

I did not let the crust cool before I threw on the toppings and popped it back in the oven. So while it was solid, it was floppy. No less delicious. I'd make it again floppy in a heart beat. DH and I have already plotted the next toppings. (Can't tell, but there will be pictures!)

I asked around and the best idea for the crust I have gotten is to put the zucchini crust on parchment paper and put that directly on the pizza stone in the oven. I like this idea b/c when it comes out of the oven I can pull it off the parchment paper and let it sit on the grill to dry out... instead of sitting in a cookie sheet collecting heat moisture.

All in all, AWESOME!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #619
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:

hamburger steak with mushroom gravy, creamed spinach, mashed cheesy cauliflower, all induction friendly, no starch.
Fashay, sorry I havent checked in recently.

Ground chuck
minched garlic
diced onion
season salt - or salt and pepper, whatever you like.
chopped canned mushrooms - optional, I just decided to add it that night
make in hamburger patty fry on medium heat until juices run clear

If use use hamburger with more fat, pour off some of the fat, you can remove the patties and add them back

Jut before it was almost cooked I tossed in another can of mushrooms and some beef broth (can or box is fine) Just let it reduce until it thickens.

Canned spinach drain all the water out,
about 2 TBS butter for 1 can,
2 TBS cream cheese - some people use sour cream
and just pour in a little heavy cream...a TBS at a time.
Cook on medium heat allowing it to come to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer, it will thicken up as some of the liquid evaporates.
You can also add a handful of parmeson cheese to this and some people like creamed spinach with boilded eggs chopped in it. You may want to salt this, I do for myself.

I'm the only one that eats creamed spinach at my house so I just use canned.

That cauliflower was Walmarts brand of frozen. I bring water to a boil, toss in one bag and it's tender after about 10 minutes. Drain well, add a couple of spoons of butter, a splash of heavy cream, add more if you need to, but just a splash at a time. I use a hand blender, but you can use a mixer or a potato masher until it's creamy, then toss in 1/2 cup or more shredded cheddar cheese...salt and pepper to your taste. My skinny DD loves the cheesy mashed cauliflower.

Last edited by goodinlife; 11-02-2008 at 04:29 PM..
Old 11-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #620
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennbaker View Post
It's awesome. I think it has less "zucchini flavor" than fauxtatoes have "cauliflower flavor".

I did not let the crust cool before I threw on the toppings and popped it back in the oven. So while it was solid, it was floppy. No less delicious. I'd make it again floppy in a heart beat. DH and I have already plotted the next toppings. (Can't tell, but there will be pictures!)

I asked around and the best idea for the crust I have gotten is to put the zucchini crust on parchment paper and put that directly on the pizza stone in the oven. I like this idea b/c when it comes out of the oven I can pull it off the parchment paper and let it sit on the grill to dry out... instead of sitting in a cookie sheet collecting heat moisture.

All in all, AWESOME!

You know, I wonder if thats from the moisture in the zucchini?

I made this and it was really good, but it was a little wet. Everyone liked it and it actually tastes a little like dressing, but next time I will sweat the moisture out earlier in the day and bake a little lower temp longer.

No pic, I took one when it was wet, but forgot before we ate to take another!

Zucchini Bake
3 C. grate zucchini
1 C. ground almonds (replaced from bisquick)
1/2 C. chopped onion
2 T. parsley
1/2 C. parmesan cheese (ground)
salt/pepper/garlic powder
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 c. oil
4 eggs beaten

Mix and bake in a greased casserole dish at 350 degrees for 45-50min.
Carbs for 1/6 of the recipe was 5.02

Let me correct myself. I thought this was a little wet from the juice in the zucchini, I baked it per instructions and had I baked it longer it would have burned because it was nice and brown.

So next time I will put the shredded zucchini in a strainer, pour salt over it and allow the liquid to drain out, then I will squeeze out the juice before I make it. Not sure what else to do but the flavor is delish and my kids loved it.

I think this could use some shredded chddar too, about a cup and I dont think the almond flour ( I used) is necessary at all.

Last edited by goodinlife; 11-02-2008 at 04:22 PM..
Old 11-03-2008, 03:55 AM   #621
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I wrung out the zucchini the best I could. Maybe if I was strong (like a certain Man Monkey around here) I could use my Biceps of Death to REALLY wring it out.

I'll definitely be perfecting my technique. It's soooo good and sooooo worth it.

I like the sound of your recipe but I'm not big on using nuts or replacement flours. And I *love* the fact that it's like 2.75g carbs per slice. I may experiment with something like that when I get to maintenance (or closer to it).
Old 11-03-2008, 04:52 AM   #622
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: BarbDe
Stats: Quit smoking 11/4/07; 16/10/10 on 11/30/12
WOE: Low carb/Paleo/& Crossfit!
Start Date: August 2004
Also, just noting because this is an induction thread - No nuts or nut flours on induction!

Sounds good though, Goodinlife!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:53 AM   #623
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: teescomp
Stats: Goal is 150
Wow this was very good. Thanks for the idea!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:25 AM   #624
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbDe View Post
Also, just noting because this is an induction thread - No nuts or nut flours on induction!

Sounds good though, Goodinlife!
Yeah, I made it per recipe, but I dont think the almond flour is necessary, I would just take it out next time...planning on adding shredded cheddar instead. This was a copy of what was given to me.

The great thing about LC recipes is you can tweak them as you have the basic ingredients....been doing that since I started, especially in baking, I do not like using powdered splenda because of the carbs so I use liquid instead.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lynda99
Just bumping.

It gets hard this time of year, this thread is inspiring.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #626

You're telling me! I think it should be a sticky!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #627

Hey I see it is a sticky!!!!

When did that happen?
Old 11-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #628
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I assume we have YOU to thank for that!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #629

:blush: Gosh!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #630
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I think it's overdue. This is a great thread, lots of fun and soooooo delicious!
Closed Thread