Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: maizenbluebabe
Stats: 182.0/168.4/150
WOE: LowCarb, JUDDD
Start Date: June 08
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_escobar View Post
Exercise has made a big difference during Induction for me this time around. I lost five lbs. this week (wk. one) by following the induction rules and getting cardio in everyday regardless of if I felt energetic. I think for me, the exercise was the key to jumpstart the loss and putting my body to work burning all my old carbs and then hitting the fat. We'll see what happens next week, I might be jinxing myself!
Drinking plenty of water, no splenda or other "sugars", no coffee and just 1 cup half decaf tea in the morning. After my initial weightloss of somewhat over a pound early in the week, I have not lost anything on my scale--have stayed the same but have clearly lost inches as a fitted dress I use for "measuring " is getting really looser each morning, can be buttoned now and worn in public.

But I pretty much know the things I am doing wrong--and thanks for the reminder of your success with exercise, K escobar . Not exercising yet is the big thing holding me back, I am sure, but also Atkins makes me so feel so full that I cant eat all the calories I need to take in--am often only at about 1,200 per day (dumb!) and so my body is trying to hang onto some of its fat because it is telling itself "that crazy woman is trying to starve me!" I am going thru the board to see how I can up my calories without upping the carbs at the same time--and two days this week got swamped with stuff I had to do and forgot to eat lunch. That is NOT good, I know.

But I am in ketosis and expect the scale to show a reward sometime in the next week or so. I am determined to remain on induction until I have been on it at least a month. My personality is that once I make up my mind to do something, I stick with it thru thick and thin. (ooops, bad pun) So since I really believe intellectually and emotionally in this WOE, I'm not the least bit discouraged and am looking forward to just going on and improving my health with this plan no matter how long it takes.
maizenbluebabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Katie914
Stats: 155/135
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 08/31/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
Hi, I am in week 2 of induction and have seem to hit the wall. I am a stickler for making sure I have checked off the things that you have listed but my question is for your point #4 Do we know exactly/approximately how much protein is recommended at a sitting/daily? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help
yes #4 is my question too...i eat until im full at one sitting.??? bad???
Katie914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinda4952 View Post
Hey Caretaker
I am back on induction I have been using keto sticks
I am up to a trace...
I have cut out any alcohol and have been drinking lot's of tea w/ splenda
ahhh who knew... no more splenda for me
I clean houses so the exercise is there for me
thanks for the info!
Melinda4952
im at trace too cutting on the alcohol and diet soda
Old 06-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenedee View Post
can sugar free gum stall your weight loss? and I know I can't have caffeine on induction is that b/c it triggers cravings? just wondering..??
these are so my questions too!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fastlerner
Stats: 253/217/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/29/08
I still have my morning coffee without ill effect. I find that if I use just a touch heavy cream, I don't feel the need for sweetener, nor does it leave me craving. Plus the heavy cream is lower carb than milk!
fastlerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mallywally
WOE: Jenny Craig
Start Date: 1/11/08
Question....can I have eggs for bruch and also dinner?
mallywally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laceymichelle
Stats: 150/127/125
Start Date: July 12
not lsoing either

I am simply going to keep it more simple for the 2nd week of induction! I really want this diet to work so I feel confident sticking with it for the rest of my life....

Has anyone actually had any luck cutting out cream cheese, heavy cream or any other food aloud on induction?
laceymichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
Start Date: July 17, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallywally View Post
Question....can I have eggs for bruch and also dinner?
I don't know why not
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mallywally
WOE: Jenny Craig
Start Date: 1/11/08
I'm constipated this last two days.....can't wait to poo then weigh myself LMAO!
mallywally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:28 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookie smuggla
Stats: 220/186/130
Start Date: 5/23/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallywally View Post
I'm constipated this last two days.....can't wait to poo then weigh myself LMAO!
Hi, I was having the same problem and someone told me about psyllium husk pills at GNC (they go by the name Colon Cleanse), just three capsules a day made a huge difference. By the way, the label lists them as "recommended for low-carb diets"... hth.
cookie smuggla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tiffany2288
Stats: 172/141/130 5'4
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct 2010
Hey Lacey...how long did it take you to drop the 20lb?
Tiffany2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bgavin
Stats: 186/177/135
WOE: Atkins Fat Fast
Start Date: 8/12/2008
I am still diligent with my program, and 100% stalled at the -10 pound point. My ketosis indicates 15~40 mg/dL every day, so I'm probably eating too many calories. Blood sugar is pretty stable at 120 most of the day.

But.. this isn't a diet, it is a permanent way of life, so no worries. It will come off when it comes off.
bgavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Tina, I have not lost. I think I posted my stats wrong. I have 20lbs to lose from baby weight! Havent truely stuck with atkins or really anything else for that matter did you lose your by following atkins? How is your diet going and what are you doing? Congrats on your wedding!!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:49 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 'HotLipz'
Start Date: April 2008
Hey I' back on induction, was fasting for a month, 1st all went well. and boy couldn't stop eating, but now i'm serious, had scrambled egg with tomatoes, this morning, and green tea.

lunch will be donner kebab with salad!

wish me luck, need to lose a stone no matter what!!
'HotLipz' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie914 View Post
these are so my questions too!!!
Yes sugar free gum can stall your weight loss...each piece has 2 carbs in it....if you are/were like me and ate about 10-20 pieces a day you will be going WAY over your allowance for carbs. I was and as soon as I cut it out I started losing again. I switched to the listerine papers now.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceypr View Post
Tina, I have not lost. I think I posted my stats wrong. I have 20lbs to lose from baby weight! Havent truely stuck with atkins or really anything else for that matter did you lose your by following atkins? How is your diet going and what are you doing? Congrats on your wedding!!
Hey Lacey..just saw this one...thanks on the wedding congrats

Yes I lost the weight on Atkins 72..but I had to tweak a few things and have been doing it by trial and error....I was eating WAY too much SF gum and that stalled me...didn't realize it til I wrote down eveyrthing I consumed and my parents went over it.

I am also exercising 5-6 days a week too, cardio all of those days and weights 2-3 days a week.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Ever since I had Brayden, my first, in jan I cannot stick to a diet yet I obsses over it! It is really getting old! Before baby I excercised regularly and ate pretty healthy. Now I'm always on a "diet" and my husband and I both are tired of it.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:37 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ambrosia702
Stats: 191/185/130
WOE: atkins
Start Date: restart 10/08 ( did 4 years ago successfully)
hey everybody,
i am still fairly new here, although i do lurk to gather info, but not posted much

I am currently on my 3-4 time around with induction, and to my frustration i am not losing weight like i have before. I am actually on my 3rd week of induction and have only lost a total of 5 lbs ( 191-186) although thats nothing to stick your nose up at (better than nothing) i have never ever lost this slow before. I usually lose the 5lbs the first week in!! I have been doing the same thing i have always been doing on induction. I check my ketone sticks and they are in trace. could my body be resisting this WOE or has my metabolism been drastically affected???
ambrosia702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dianeticsheather
Stats: 202.2/198.2/135
WOE: Atkins/LC
Start Date: 10/17/2008
I know one way that I break a stall is to just eat natural food. What I mean is nothing that is chemical goop....only stuff found in nature....For example, chicken, steak, pork chops etc with nothing on them except salt and pepper. As for veggies, I will only eat salad greens or green beans with a little butter. I do this for several days and I usually start losing again. I then add back cheese and cream and bacon etc. But just eating things in their natural state with very little additives. Of course I drink more water and I even started drinking water with a couple of splashes of apple cider vinegar which is helping me with weightloss too. It does a whole bunch of stuff and I put it on my salads with olive oil....YUM!
dianeticsheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:53 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: threas
Stats: 5'6"~243/226/170-160
WOE: LOW CARB
Start Date: FEB.6th,2009
I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I started induction on Feb 6th.The 3rd week into Atkins I stalled for about 4 weeks. I was questioning my ability to stick with it. I added OWL foods but still stuck between 20-25 carbs a day. I'm finally showing a lb. a day, the last 3 days. Took 4wks. but hopefully this loss lasts.Just hang in there, no matter what. I really believe your body is working to repair itself with this WOE. It just doesn't always show as weight loss. Hang in there & eventually you will be rewarded!Oh, that's about 10-12lbs. down, 60 more to go.

Last edited by threas; 03-25-2009 at 05:04 AM..
threas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:27 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ximmi
Hello to everyone, i am new in this board, and i wanted to say Hi and thanks for all the usefull information. I had done ATkins 10 yeasr ago and it had work great for me , however the last time i did it i was completely stuck and would not lose weight. I started again 3 days ago, and all the information here is very helpfull, specially the ****** website, i realized that i was eating too much protein and not enough fat , and also very little calories. because what is amazing to me is that i am not hungry i sometimes have to eat , so as to have the calories in.

i will keep you updated on my progress, and thanks again , good luck to all !!
ximmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ximmi
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceypr View Post
I am simply going to keep it more simple for the 2nd week of induction! I really want this diet to work so I feel confident sticking with it for the rest of my life....

Has anyone actually had any luck cutting out cream cheese, heavy cream or any other food aloud on induction?
hello i did Atkins 10 years ago and lost 60 lbs then , and i was seeing a dietitian that recomended the Atkins diet , because of the results, all my friend were losing much more that in was, and when i was stuck with teh same weight for 2-3 weeks, she recommended to cut the cream , cheese, and some veggies as well, it was veru restricted but it worked , i showed results immedaitely , not only on the scale , but also in the pant sizes !

try it , and i hope it works for you
ximmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CheriRN
Stats: 205/185/165
Start Date: 9/23/09
A key part to the Atkins way of living is remembering this is a low carb diet, NOT a low fat diet. You need to eat adequate amounts of good fats to burn more fat. Keep in mind that the more fat you eat the more fat you burn. A lot of people make that mistake and find they lose very little and get frustrated. It takes more energy to digest fat so in turn your body has to pull more of its fat stores to do this. So...Use that butter! Use that olive oil! Use that real mayo! Do this and you should turn your body into a fat burning machine! Check those labels and remember NO SUGAR in any form! Good Luck.

Maintaining a 52 pound weight loss since 2001!
CheriRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Goldgirl
Stats: 183/166/130
Start Date: March 2009
Advantage and Daybreak are all phases bars

If you read on the back of the Atkins product package Advantage and Daybreak bars are allowed on ALL phases of Atkins. Endulge bars are for phase 2 and beyond, not for induction. You are allowed to eat Advantage and Daybreak bars in induction. It is suggested by the Atkins Nutritional Company that you limit them to no more than two a day.

Many people believe that you should not eat bars in induction because they might cause stalls in some people. Others think you could cause cravings for sweets. Still others think that you should concentrate on eating real foods and not convenience foods.

You are allowed to use the above mentioned bars in induction. But if they cause you to stall from losing, cause cravings, or you find yourself skipping meals and just eating bars you might want to avoid them.
Lastly, bars are NOT meant to be meal replacements this comes straight from Atkins Nutritional company too, they are only intended for snacks.
Goldgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Oh forgot to answer about shakes in induction

The shakes are allowed in all phases including induction. But they are not allowed like you want to use them as meal replacements. They are not supposed to be used as meal replacements according the Atkins Nutritional company, they are snacks. You should limit them to no more than two a day and the same rational I stated about the bars above applies to shakes. Therefore if the shakes cause stalls, cravings, or you eat them instead of real food discontinue their use. Otherwise, you are allowed to use shakes in induction.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #56
Junior LCF Member

New here

I didn't repost where the person asked about bars and shakes because I don't know how to do that yet. Hope that is okay.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spfldguy
Im so happy for you

Exercise for me has made a big difference , this is my second time starting induction , i lost 55 pounds the first time 5 years ago i kept it off for 4 years , and since i stop smoking , i had gain some weight , im trying to loose 30 to 40 pounds this time . and im staying focus . i hope you are too. take care and congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_escobar View Post
Exercise has made a big difference during Induction for me this time around. I lost five lbs. this week (wk. one) by following the induction rules and getting cardio in everyday regardless of if I felt energetic. I think for me, the exercise was the key to jumpstart the loss and putting my body to work burning all my old carbs and then hitting the fat. We'll see what happens next week, I might be jinxing myself!
spfldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mandie.barnette
Stats: 231.0
Start Date: July 23, 2009
Staying on Induction for a while

I'm on induction and I am really dropping the pounds, but I know this will soon stop. I paln to stay on the induction stag until the end of August or until I get out of the 200 lb range.
mandie.barnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katsgoods
Stats: 272/262/150
WOE: atkins, Low carb
Start Date: 7/2009
Starting over again

I am stating the Low Carb-Atkins diet again, and I started working out-Cardio and weight training. I have noticed I lost 10 lbs. in the 3 weeks that I have been dieting, and I haven't had any Bread, Rice, Potato, pasta, no carbs in this form. I started noticing that I hit a wall and have been feeling like very bloated-I just checked that ****** thing and it calculated that I ate like over 2400 Calories, and 86.7 Carbs today-WOW is this thing very accurate? because it doesn't seem like I did. I had a medium sized salad with Garlic dressing, 1 small green pepper, 3 slices of American cheese, 1-2 cups of dry roasted peanuts, and 1 small chicken breast, and a carb smart ice cream bar. I don't get what I am doing wrong?? ;(( I did this diet in the past and lost 20 in one month, now I lost only 10lbs. and both times I lifted weights. Please Help!!
katsgoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saramar
Stats: 138/135/118
Start Date: restarted Sept 15
I'm going to jump in.... I'm not new to low-carb, but this time I'm having a little trouble. I just completed my first week of induction and the scale says I've lost 3 lbs. OK 3 lbs in a week seems like quite a bit, but my weight can easily fluctuate 3 lbs in a day at any time, I could get on the scale tonight and it could be right back at my starting weight. I have had great success with Atkins in the past. I lost 20 lbs in one month the first time and I stuck with low-carb for a year after that. I only lost 5 more lbs after the initial 20, (I think I was at my lowest natural weight by then) but I stuck with Atkins because I felt GREAT! I felt light as a feather, energetic, my skin looked great, etc. Eventually I started adding "good carbs" at first just fruits and whole grains, but gradually I creeped my weight on up to 140 again and I started eating sugar and flour. And it's ALL on my stomach! I began working out daily in January and I feel that I am stronger and healthier, but it has done NOTHING for weight loss. I will continue working out.

I've decided to extend induction for at least an extra week. I'm going to REALLY limit my carbs. Basically just eggs, meat and salad for the next two weeks. I think I've been eating too much cheese maybe, I know too many tomatoes (I have a garden) and I'm going to cut out Crystal Light and just stick with water.
I'm going to leave now and go to Goodwill to find a copy of Atkins 72!

I just don't understand why I'm losing so s.l.o.w.l.y this time. I feel just as flabby as when I started. Maybe because I'm older this time? I'm 42 and I was 38 when I had so much success last time. Maybe because it's not the first time?
I'm determined to make this work!
Sarah
saramar is offline   Reply With Quote