Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyUpTheGirl View Post
Hi Whitedov,

I'm not really having that easy of a time... I havent weighed in a couple of days but I plan to probably either monday or tuesday. I've been experiencing kind of rough induction flu like symptoms. I really dont have an appetite, but NOTHING sounds good at all. I hate under eating, because I know it can slow down weight loss. But seriously nothing sounds good to eat.
Ontop of that, I'm just sooo stressed about finances, I feel like the stress is eating me alive. And of course this too doesnt help at all with my weight loss. I'm just feeling really down right now, I'm actually in tears as I'm typing this, I feel like an emotional wreck!
...I'm sorry to be soo doom and gloomy, I'm just really discouraged about my weight ontop of so many other things. It means alot that you were checking on my whitedov, thank you
Dizzy,
You are expericing die-off symptoms of Candida - meaning that it's really working. After you've completed the pills - you will lose weight easily. One thing I forgot to mention is stay off alcohol - that feeds candida yeast!
Hang in there. You will feel so much better when it's gone. Depression is another symptom of Candida.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DizzyUpTheGirl
Stats: 249.8/231(restart)/190(mini-goal)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 8, 2007... Restart AGAIN 9/16/10 @ 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Dizzy,
You are expericing die-off symptoms of Candida - meaning that it's really working. After you've completed the pills - you will lose weight easily. One thing I forgot to mention is stay off alcohol - that feeds candida yeast!
Hang in there. You will feel so much better when it's gone. Depression is another symptom of Candida.
Ohhhh nooooo!!! I've had a quite a few bacardi and diet cokes over the past couple of days since I'm on vacation from school and everything. I didnt think the Bacardi Superior (which has zero carbs and zero sugar) contained yeast or would effect the the yeast I'm such a ******!). How bad have a I screwed up???
So as of today, 3 weeks and 1 day of doing LC I'm down 7.4 lbs....
I know I shouldnt be complaining at all, but I was down at least twice that much previously when I did LC (but I know it has alot to do with the candida). Now, I only have a couple more days of the candida killing pills of the treatment, the last 20 days is to rebuild the flora. Do you think this will be enough considering my use of alcohol while taking the pills??

My SpOoKtAcUlAr challenge: 215 by Halloween!

Chelsey
DizzyUpTheGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ohhhh nooooo!!! I've had a quite a few bacardi and diet cokes over the past couple of days since I'm on vacation from school and everything. I didnt think the Bacardi Superior (which has zero carbs and zero sugar) contained yeast or would effect the the yeast I'm such a ******!). How bad have a I screwed up???
So as of today, 3 weeks and 1 day of doing LC I'm down 7.4 lbs....
I know I shouldnt be complaining at all, but I was down at least twice that much previously when I did LC (but I know it has alot to do with the candida). Now, I only have a couple more days of the candida killing pills of the treatment, the last 20 days is to rebuild the flora. Do you think this will be enough considering my use of alcohol while taking the pills??
If the Bacardi Superior has no sugar, no I don't think it would affect it. I didn't know they made that...hmmm I like Rum and Diet Rite myself. I'll have to check it out. But watch anything you eat or drink that might have sugar because like grains and carbs - that turns into sugar - will feed the yeast. You are doing great for 7.4 lbs down for having Candida Just continue the course - then test yourself at the end. If you find that you still have it, you may want to talk to your doctor about it. Nystatin is the kick butt presciption for candida. Be patient with yourself and read the article I posted on this thread. For some, it takes months to get rid of it You are at least on the right diet for it.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

If the Bacardi Superior has no sugar, no I don't think it would affect it. I didn't know they made that...hmmm I like Rum and Diet Rite myself. I'll have to check it out. But watch anything you eat or drink that might have sugar because like grains and carbs - that turns into sugar - will feed the yeast. You are doing great for 7.4 lbs down for having Candida Just continue the course - then test yourself at the end. If you find that you still have it, you may want to talk to your doctor about it. Nystatin is the kick butt presciption for candida. Be patient with yourself and read the article I posted on this thread. For some, it takes months to get rid of it You are at least on the right diet for it.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Yeah, you should check out bacardi.com , Bacardi Superiour supposedly has 0 carbs and 0 sugar.
I'm still trucking... well, at least I'm doing my best. I read the article that you provided and it was very interesting, thankyou. I also need to start measuring already, or use a string or something, lol.
Oh, I wanted to ask you, how long can the die off last for? Is it possible to be drawn out over a course of days? a week? whats typical?

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:14 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Yeah, you should check out bacardi.com , Bacardi Superiour supposedly has 0 carbs and 0 sugar.
I'm still trucking... well, at least I'm doing my best. I read the article that you provided and it was very interesting, thankyou. I also need to start measuring already, or use a string or something, lol.
Oh, I wanted to ask you, how long can the die off last for? Is it possible to be drawn out over a course of days? a week? whats typical?

Thanks!
Depends on how much you have in you but usually 2-3 days of ICK! For me it was a day. Achy bones and muscles, slight fever. The best thing you can do is take Advil and drink more water to flush out the yeast - then the duration of ICK is shorter.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Depends on how much you have in you but usually 2-3 days of ICK! For me it was a day. Achy bones and muscles, slight fever. The best thing you can do is take Advil and drink more water to flush out the yeast - then the duration of ICK is shorter.
Hmm, I really havent had any of those symptoms. I've had more induction flu like symptoms. Hey, do you think there's a possibility that I'm metabolically resistant to LC now? I'm not really sure what that terminology means exactly, but IMO, if LC worked for me before (losing 60 lbs), shouldn't it work again?
I only ask because I only have like a day or 2 more of the "candida destroying" pills, and then the remaining pills are to rebuild the flora. Should I have seen more drastic results from just the candida destroying pills?

grr, I just want to lose some real weight already!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Dizzy:

Before thinking of being metabolically resistant, take the 2nd step of the candida pills to rebuild the flora - then retest for candida. If after a week after the last of the pills and you do not have candida and you're not losing then ask yourself what have you done different this time from the last time?

Are you taking the same medications?
Are you exercising the same as the last time?
Are you more stressed than before?

If you're doing everything the same as the last time you lost 60 lbs, see your doctor about what pills you are taking that may be causing your metabolism to be slow.

Did you ever have your thyroid checked? Hypothryroidism makes it hard to lose weight too. Ask your doctor about testing for Adrenal Fatigue as well.

By then, you have done the process of elimination (without the doctor) and now you can tell him you've tackled the candida issue. There is also a blood test the doc can check for candida and then prescibe that Nystatin I mentioned if you want to be sure you got rid of it. But this is all premature now to worry about. Just be patient and stay the course.

If you've lost before, you can do it again! [/COLOR]
Old 05-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR="Purple"]Whitedov,

Thanks for explaining the process of elimination... But I have horrible news! I'm dealing with a horrible, horrible urinary tract infection. I was trying to put off taking anti-biotics, I really really was.. but I can feel that it's an infection and pain pills alone wont tackle this pain. I'm prone to bladder infections, I'm a chronic sufferer I want to see if there is some other form of treatment, (surgery??) then taking anti-biotics for the rest of my life. Bleh. So all in all I hope I'm doing everything right. I'm taking the anti-biotics with probiotics, should I still continue the candistroy? I only have one more day of the first 10 day treatment, then it's on to the rebuilding probiotics. Should I hold off until I finish the little bit of anti biotics that I have left? (I didnt go to the dr, I'm just using some that were left over from my last recent UTI. I know, I know, you're not supposed to do that, but bare with me!).
I'm really frustrated with the whole thing! I have absolutely NO appetite, and when I try to eat its just kind of nauseating The only thing I can really want is broth. The scale still isnt moving I'm doing everything the same as I did last time. The only difference is that I wasnt stressed like this before; finances were okay, I wasnt in school yet, work was steady and easy, rent was cheap, etc, etc... another contributing factor: My father in law passed away right after I lost all of the weight. My husband had to perform CPR on his own father; it really tossed our world upside down. We are still recovering, of course, but I think I carry the stress of it every single day. It's really been hard...
But it's not like there's an on and off switch for stress. I think I need to try and hit the gym and just blow off some steam... Or anything else that you could advise??
Thanks so much!
[/COLOR]
Old 05-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Dizzy,

Why don't you PRIVATE MESSAGE me from here on in? I don't think you want to go into your issues in public.

What medical conditions do you have that you keep getting UTI?

I've had them plenty and I hate them! There was always a logical reason for them.

Yeah, check into surgery if it would eliminate the chronic UTI's. Being on antibiotics in the long run will do you no good. Your body will resist them after a while and what would happen if you get older (like me) and you come down with a bad infection and they don't work? Besides, it keeps the Candida Yeast overload constantly in your body which makes you feel ick and compounds your other problems - besides not losing weight.

Yes, take the Candida pills as scheduled. Take probiotics too so you can build up good bacteria. See you doctor about these things that are issues.
Do you have medical insurance? Tell him that you think the antidepressants are not working to de-stress you. Ask him if they cause weight gain.

I don't know what all is going on with you, Dizzy, but the less pills you take the better. Anti depressants aren't the answer for everyone. Down the road, you may want to think about de-toxing all those chemicals out of your body and go natural(organic) foods w/nutrients. There are docs that do that. You are so young to be having these problems.

Keep me posted.
[/COLOR]

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 05-07-2009 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: addition
Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Dizzy,

Why don't you PRIVATE MESSAGE me from here on in? I don't think you want to go into your issues in public.
[/COLOR]
:blush::blush::blush:
I feel so embarrassed...
I dont mind people knowing, but you're right maybe I should just PM you?
Thanks!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

...and dont worry im okay
Old 05-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wyterayven
Stats: 275.8/222.8/175 6 feet tall
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Start over date: Jan 01, 2013
New to the Board, and somewhat new to Atkins

Hello all,

I am glad to have found this Board. My name is Dawn, I live in Northern California.

I have always been overweight, but it has gotten really bad in the last couple of years. I need to lose weight as I can feel it now and it is affecting how I move, and I suspect my general health.

I tried atkins once before, but didnt manage to get out of induction. I got to where I was feeling very faint and my heart was doing funny things. I suspect that I was not eating enough carbs that time, and the ones that I did eat were mostly at night, and so had nothing during the day.

This time I am going to try to spread the carbs out so that I get more at breakfast and lunch. Dinner shouldnt matter as much, as I dont need as much energy in the evening as I do during the day.

I just started induction yesterday. I really want to stick to it this time, and I am hoping that by posting here and reading that I can keep myself motivated to keep on.

I think I am pretty addicted to high carb foods....and eating for me is also a coping mechanism. I was not overly hungry yesterday or today, but today I did have the urge to go to the kitchen and browse. Its harder when I am in the office.

Anyway, currently I am 6 feet tall and 274 pounds. I hope to be able to get to 165, which should be a good weight for me. The last time I lost weight I made it to 178, and I estimate that 165 would be just about perfect.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself...havent seen a place specifically to do that, and that since I just started induction, this would be the most appropriate place to do so.

I hope to meet lots of people here and share stories and recipes when I find them.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyterayven View Post
Hello all,

I am glad to have found this Board. My name is Dawn, I live in Northern California.

I have always been overweight, but it has gotten really bad in the last couple of years. I need to lose weight as I can feel it now and it is affecting how I move, and I suspect my general health.

I tried atkins once before, but didnt manage to get out of induction. I got to where I was feeling very faint and my heart was doing funny things. I suspect that I was not eating enough carbs that time, and the ones that I did eat were mostly at night, and so had nothing during the day.

This time I am going to try to spread the carbs out so that I get more at breakfast and lunch. Dinner shouldnt matter as much, as I dont need as much energy in the evening as I do during the day.

I just started induction yesterday. I really want to stick to it this time, and I am hoping that by posting here and reading that I can keep myself motivated to keep on.

I think I am pretty addicted to high carb foods....and eating for me is also a coping mechanism. I was not overly hungry yesterday or today, but today I did have the urge to go to the kitchen and browse. Its harder when I am in the office.

Anyway, currently I am 6 feet tall and 274 pounds. I hope to be able to get to 165, which should be a good weight for me. The last time I lost weight I made it to 178, and I estimate that 165 would be just about perfect.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself...havent seen a place specifically to do that, and that since I just started induction, this would be the most appropriate place to do so.

I hope to meet lots of people here and share stories and recipes when I find them.
[COLOR="Blue"]

Love your boxer picture! Are they the most cuddliest dogs? Outside the house, my Safi is like the watch dog tuffy extraordinaire - inside, she's a sweet pea! I have a close up pic of her I'm going to put on my avatar next.

At the time you were feeling ick on Atkins - that's your body de-toxing from carbs. More and more data is coming out (Protein Power and now a new book on Metabolism says that our bodies need ZERO carbs to function! So, I doubt you need more carbs. Carbs make you hungry - so the little bit that you can have from Atkins should mostly come from veggies. Take a high potency vitamin every single day - while on this diet, and it will minimize the carb detoxing. Soon, you won't even crave carbs and the addiction will be a thing of the past. I was on Atkins newer version - then older version from February until last month and lost 10 lbs. I have 5 more to go and am trying Protein Power to let up on the strictness - hopefully still get those last lbs off. I am doing more exercise now than ever. Good luck, Dawn![/COLOR]
Old 05-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Whoohooo!! Another Boxer lover! They are absolutely the best dogs.

Take a look at my web page if you want to see my other cuties. I have four..or rather 3 1/2...as one of them is half boxer half bullmastiff.

I see your baby in your avatar, and she is a cutie pie.

Thank you for the input on what was happening to me on induction before. I got really frightened about it, because I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I just thought that by spreading my carbs out more this time it would lessen that reaction.

You have a good point with the vitamin too...I dont think I was taking one then,and I am taking them religiously now. In fact ****** is showing me that I am deficient in some areas and should add some more supplementation. I added my vitamin there, and it still shows that I am low on calcium (which I need to watch as there are some people in my family who have difficulty absorbing calcium so if anything I should make sure that I am getting more than necessary) and magnesium and a couple of other things.

Magnesium can help with heart issues, so I should start that one too, and perhaps it will prevent my heart from doing anything funny at all this time around.

Thank you for the welcome and Good luck on the rest of your goal. You have done so well!
wyterayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjohn0102
Stats: 167/162.2/135
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: April 2009
Hello All! I re-started Protein Power about a month ago and have finally noticed a reduction in my cravings. Now, if the weight would start coming off a little quicker I'd be really happy! Lost 7 lbs in 4 weeks, so nothing to cry about-but was expecting the same rapid weight loss I experienced when I was younger! Don't we all? In sifting through all of the posts in this thread I found some good tips on what might be stalling me out, so I'll run with those. I forgot to take measurements when I started, so I don't know if I've lost inches-but keeping track of that now.

Any other thoughts on what can cause a weight loss shut down would be appreciated.

KJ
kjohn0102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 2big4mysize
Stats: 313 to current goalie 169-173
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: june 1 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn0102 View Post
Hello All! [COLOR="Red"]I re-started Protein Power[/COLOR] about a month ago and have finally noticed a reduction in my cravings. Now, if the weight would start coming off a little quicker I'd be really happy! Lost 7 lbs in 4 weeks, so nothing to cry about-but was expecting the same rapid weight loss I experienced when I was younger! Don't we all? In sifting through all of the posts in this thread I found some good tips on what might be stalling me out, so I'll run with those. I forgot to take measurements when I started, so I don't know if I've lost inches-but keeping track of that now.

Any other thoughts on what can cause a weight loss shut down would be appreciated.

KJ
welcome to LCFs

you should ask in the Protein Power section since answers here are based on the Atkins high fat moderate protein low carb plan.
2big4mysize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #197
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: johnrenshaw420
can u help me with this atkins question please?

i know that wine temporarily stalls weight loss, but can i have wine during day 10 of induction??

THANK U SO MUCH!!
johnrenshaw420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrenshaw420 View Post
i know that wine temporarily stalls weight loss, but can i have wine during day 10 of induction??

THANK U SO MUCH!!
Im new too, but I believe that wine is on the list of things you can add during ongoing weight loss, but not on induction, and it isnt first on the list it is 5th, so I would say that wine during induction would probably stall you.

Someone who is better versed in atkins should be able to shed more light though.
wyterayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyterayven View Post
Im new too, but I believe that wine is on the list of things you can add during ongoing weight loss, but not on induction, and it isnt first on the list it is 5th, so I would say that wine during induction would probably stall you.
You are technically correct, Wyterayven. During Induction - no alcohol. During OWL - wine is allowed but you should choose the DRY wines - less carby. Better yet are the hard spirits i.e, gin, vodka, burbon - but watch the mixers. For a gin and tonic - use diet tonic or club soda. But keep in mind that the body burns alcohol first, then carbs, then fat So, drinking may stall the fat burning process and weight loss will take longer.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:32 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcarr36
Stats: 118/115/108 - 5'2"
WOE: Atkins-Maintenance
Start Date: March 2002
At a stall.

This may sound crazy to you. It took me over a year to lose my last 10 pounds and get to my goal weight. While I was losing I kept my carbs at 20 or below (induction) and never once cheated. My stalls lasted weeks and even months at a time! Yes, I had times that I felt discouraged. However, I never gave up. What choice did I have? I would rather enjoy my low carb foods without guilt than gain weight on sugar or count calories. I have dieted my entire life. I was going to weight loss meetings in the 1st grade. I was determined to get to my goal for once in my life. It took a long time but I did it. You can too!

Melissa
mcarr36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:29 AM   #201

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarr36 View Post
This may sound crazy to you. It took me over a year to lose my last 10 pounds and get to my goal weight. While I was losing I kept my carbs at 20 or below (induction) and never once cheated. My stalls lasted weeks and even months at a time! Yes, I had times that I felt discouraged. However, I never gave up. What choice did I have? I would rather enjoy my low carb foods without guilt than gain weight on sugar or count calories. I have dieted my entire life. I was going to weight loss meetings in the 1st grade. I was determined to get to my goal for once in my life. It took a long time but I did it. You can too!

Melissa
thanks for the encouragement!
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wovnbskt
Stats: 7/2007: 321, Start of VLC 7/2009: 256/252/145
WOE: Atkins/Duke Lifestyles Clinic
Start Date: July 2009
Newest Newbie!

I can't believe I sat here and read this whole thread. Don''t tell my boss1 I am a 21+ year diabetic who has never been able to get the weight off. I started 2 years ago on the traditional diabetic diet. I lost from 321 to 242 and then had an acute appendicitis attack. I am now starting again, at 256 lbs. on an Atkins based program offered at Duke. I am very sodium sensitive and doin't like to drink water. Both of those facts work against me. I have lost 3 lbs (253) on the scales, but I am holding a lot of water. There are a couple of issues that have been covered that I am going to follow up. Yeart and adrenal fatigue. I was in a car accident when I was 16 and was found hanging from my lap belt, doubled over at the abdomen. By the time I was 21, I have ceased having my periods. PCOS and endometial hyperplasia. I also gained a large amount of weight at that time. I will probably be a 'stleath' member (reading, maybe contributing once in a while), but look forward to the wisdon and knowledge that everyone shares!
wovnbskt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.

I just started re-induction...2nd day. I had the Headache yesterday.

Last edited by Rbenz; 08-10-2009 at 06:32 PM..
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #204
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SushiRaccoon
Hello!
I've been lurking a little but I think I need some encouragement! I am on Day 12 of Atkins and I haven't lost any weight. In fact, according to the WiiFit board (I thought it might give me a little added boost to have the animated board congratulate me on my progress :eyesroll) I've gained a tiny bit!
I did this diet with serious weight training 7 years ago after my first baby and it was amazing, I lost all the weight I wanted to and kept it off until I got pregnant again , and again. Now I'm done having babies and I want to slim it back down. I don't even have too far to go, 20 pounds tops and I just ran a marathon (wouldn't you think that all that running would have helped? No.) so I'm more than a little bitter that the scale isn't budging for me.

How long would y'all stay on this diet with no indication that it's working?
Oh, and I had a lot of the weird heart palpitations, dizziness, spaciness, tiredness stuff and I can't maintain anything like my normal intensity in cardio workouts. But at least I'm not really craving carbs, though I'm pretty bored already of meat and salad.
Sorry! What a way to introduce oneself huh? Whine whine whine!
But I hope that this is at least the place to start!
SushiRaccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:01 AM   #205
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Leinster Joe
Stats: 278/266/200
Start Date: 19.11.07
Back on induction again

Hi all have done Atkins before but fell off the wagon. I am now back again into my second week of induction. I have noticed my clothes are looser already. I have not weighed my sely yet. I was put on medication this year which had a very bad effect on my weight, I have since also come off meds. I think I will do induction for one month.

Regards Joe
Leinster Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #206
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
SRaccoon~Bummer! That's tough! Don't know what to say to you. I'd be Bummed too! Maybe try another WOE. Perhaps a Weight loss clinic?

Joe~ I month more of induction and you will be swimming in your clothes.

I went on induction and off...since I last posted. I've lost almost 10 lbs. I want to lose another 6 or 7 lbs.
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #207
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweetknez23
Stats: 206/200/150
Start Date: Jan.08'
Hello all,
Please excuse me but this is a long post. I need to talk to someone. I have been here before but it's been a while. I have started induction and it's been 2 weeks today and guess what? Haven't lost a pound!! I was so hyped up to try this again and for like the 6th time, I am having trouble. I was slim up until my first pregnancy. Back in 2002 I weighed 205lb @ 5'9 and age 33. I went on diet in February after reading (pretty much memorizing) old and new adkins books. I started losing fast and by the end of may, I had lost 50 lbs! During that time, I had started having lots of torso pain. Well it actually started right before I started diet. Pains worsened over the months and after countless tests, most of which were directed towards my kidneys because I have had constant UTI's, they found my gallbladder was full of stones and diseased. Ok, so I had that removed in august. I went off diet that summer but was controlling my eating. I kept it off, or so I thought, well its now 2009 I'm 41 now and I weigh 238lbs. !!! That makes me sick to even see that number. those last 38 lbs were pretty recent and due to the chronic joint pain I have and it limits me. I have been to my regular doc, orthopedic doc, and chripractor and I'm still in pain. left the 2 doc offices crying cause they couldnt have cared less. I think they just figured it was because I was fat! One did a thyroid test on me and said it was normal but I really don't know. I excercised and hiked as much as I could take this summer then I messed up my knee. My legs and back hurt me constantly. I don't like pain meds. I take ibuprofen almost every day. every once in a while I will take a half of a pain pill to make the pain stop long enough to try and rest but I hate them. I'm getting really frustrated and wish there was some help for me. My weight and pain is very depressing and I don't want to go out and interact with anyone. I go to work and store when I have to but that's about it. Anyone have any advice for me? thanks.
Sweetknez23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 2big4mysize
Stats: 313 to current goalie 169-173
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: june 1 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetknez23 View Post
Hello all,
Please excuse me but this is a long post. I need to talk to someone. I have been here before but it's been a while. I have started induction and it's been 2 weeks today and guess what? Haven't lost a pound!! I was so hyped up to try this again and for like the 6th time, I am having trouble. I was slim up until my first pregnancy. Back in 2002 I weighed 205lb @ 5'9 and age 33. I went on diet in February after reading (pretty much memorizing) old and new adkins books. I started losing fast and by the end of may, I had lost 50 lbs! During that time, I had started having lots of torso pain. Well it actually started right before I started diet. Pains worsened over the months and after countless tests, most of which were directed towards my kidneys because I have had constant UTI's, they found my gallbladder was full of stones and diseased. Ok, so I had that removed in august. I went off diet that summer but was controlling my eating. I kept it off, or so I thought, well its now 2009 I'm 41 now and I weigh 238lbs. !!! That makes me sick to even see that number. those last 38 lbs were pretty recent and due to the chronic joint pain I have and it limits me. I have been to my regular doc, orthopedic doc, and chripractor and I'm still in pain. left the 2 doc offices crying cause they couldnt have cared less. I think they just figured it was because I was fat! One did a thyroid test on me and said it was normal but I really don't know. I excercised and hiked as much as I could take this summer then I messed up my knee. My legs and back hurt me constantly. I don't like pain meds. I take ibuprofen almost every day. every once in a while I will take a half of a pain pill to make the pain stop long enough to try and rest but I hate them. I'm getting really frustrated and wish there was some help for me. My weight and pain is very depressing and I don't want to go out and interact with anyone. I go to work and store when I have to but that's about it. Anyone have any advice for me? thanks.
welcome back

did you know carbs can increase inflamation so low carbing induction should help your body pains decrease too.

why don't you start your own topic in the main lobby and get some support to help you stay on plan. you could also join one of the induction topics. there is even a topic in the atkins section posted by somebody who lost nothing for the first 14 days of induction but is now on day 28 and losing well.
2big4mysize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #209
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: db7425
Stats: 177/158/140
Start Date: August 22, 2009
New to board

Hi all

Just found this board and love all the good info here. I started Adkins about 6 weeks ago and have lost 19 lbs. Weight loss has slowed significantly but still going down. Wanted to have another 20 pounds of by Thanksgiving but don't think that it is a realistic goal. From the beginning the sticks used to monitor ketosis never got to more than moderate for me. But apparently I am because the weight is coming of. I have stayed on the induction phase because I have not been hungry or held the need to add additional carbs as of yet.
db7425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #210
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Michi41
Back on the Induction wagon again...and not a good ride

Hello all. I am new to this forum, but not to Atkins (like many of you). I was on Atkins earlier this year (from 2/1 to 5/15) and lost 3 dress sizes!! I was thrilled. Then I fell off the wagon. Ate the carbs I shouldn't, and have gained back about half of what I lost (or more like 3/4 of what I lost). So, decided to go back on Atkins for good this time!! I want to lose at least 15 lbs.

Started induction again on 10/6 and now on day 14. I have been in Ketosis since day 4 of induction, started to shrink a bit, now suddenly I am bloated up to my pre-induction size! I don't go by scale, rather I follow how my clothes fit. I am still in ketosis, doing all the right things, drinking tons of water, counting my allowed carbs, and I am feeling frustrated. I have read a lot of posts and articles that trying Atkins more than once means it's harder and harder every time you try it. I know my metabolism is very resistant so I stick to about 12gr of carbs per day. 20 is too much for me. So, any advice from any of you that might help me get over this hump? Any ideas on how to jump start the weight loss again? Have no idea what happened.

Sample Menu:
2 eggs (fried with butter or scrambled or as an omelet)
2 -3 pieces bacon or 1 oz of cheese

Snack: lunch meat (organic, no hormones) and 1 oz. cheese.

Lunch: Hamburger patty with cheese, mustard, mayo, and a ceasar salad.

Snack: Pork rinds or lunch meat or a hard boiled egg.

Dinner: Halibut filet with butter, green beans.

Drinking 64 oz of water a day, at the very least 48 oz.
No sodas (well almost, perhaps 1-3 diet sodas a week), no creamers, no sugar. Read labels religiously. I do drink 1/2-1 cup coffee a day but easily can do without it. Try to ride my stationary bike 3-4 times per week.

I have to take an antihistamine at night due to my allergies. I am wondering if that is part of the problem? I can stop taking it, but I'll be drippy mess in the morning and sneezing all night.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any input or advice you all might have!

"Pork fat rules!"
Michi41 is offline   Reply With Quote