Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
See the thread Atkins 72 - and you'll get the list of foods on Page 1.

Basically the difference is 10-15 carbs a day eating a few choice salad veggies, meat (unlimited) and 4 oz of hard cheese for 1 week. Longer if you need to but don't go too long because your body will get depleted. No alcohol, sugar free jello at supper and coffee w/heavy cream if it doesn't set off your appetite.

It's hard core but it works for alot of us that get stuck. But you must be pure for it to work and no tweaks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 01:20 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DizzyUpTheGirl
Stats: 249.8/231(restart)/190(mini-goal)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 8, 2007... Restart AGAIN 9/16/10 @ 231
Whitedov,
I'm going to do the candida test in the morning. It's interesting though because about 6 months ago, give or take a few months; I was still around the 210's/220's, I started experiencing severe consistent stomach bloating. I was in and out of urgent care but most of the doctors just looked at me like I was crazy... That I was just "overweight" and bloated. They did an ultrasound, CT scan of my abdomen, and upper endoscopy, stool samples, blood tests, everything! Every time the tests came back normal I just wanted to cry in frustration because they couldnt figure out what was wrong with me! The GI doctor suggested taking digestive enzymes and diagnosed me with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
To this day still, I know there was something wrong with my stomach that they didnt catch. Over time, and very, very strong digestive enzymes; the severity of the bloating eventually dissipated, although it is still a problem. Oddly enough, I'm extremely prone to getting bladder infections, and I always put off going into urgent care to the last minute because the anti biotics cause my stomach to bloat and swell.
Sorry to bore you with my life story; I just thought it possibly has some relevance to the problem at hand. I am not currently taking any probiotics or digestive enzymes because I cant find any that are strong enough to work on a daily basis, but not too strong that it would be "harmful" (according to a nutrition shop). I've been taking "Yakult", not consistently, but I've noticed it helps me to stay regular. That's something else I was going to mention; I cant recall the last decent BM I've had! Sorry to be so in depth; I just realized that today and I thought I would mention it to you as well! I have "detox" pills, but they tend to cause diarrhea.
....I really hope this isn't way too much info! I hope I didn't offend you, or anyone else, by talking about my bodily functions!
Thanks again!

My SpOoKtAcUlAr challenge: 215 by Halloween!

Chelsey
DizzyUpTheGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Dizzy - the nice thing about Low Carb Friends is we talk about bowels alot! If some people would get offended they can click off the thread. The digestive and lower tract is an indicator of "health". You know this being in the medical field and I know this from my experience.

Do the candida test I mentioned (it costs nothing) because if you do have an overload, that is not letting your IBS go away anytime soon. One is fighting against the other. When we lose our flora from taking antibiotics, those Candida pac mans go to town and feed off of what we eat. Horrible little critters. Also, a good thing to take besides taking a decently strong pro-biotics is to add Collidal Silver Water which kills parasites. Not to be taken more than 2 weeks at a shot. If you don't have Candida, I would recommend you taking it anyway because of your tummy issue. Check out the benefits of it on the website.

What diet did they prescibed to you for the IBS?

The more and more I live, I realize that we have to diagnose ourselves to some extent and then tell the doctor's to verify it. I also believed in "Blended Medicine" meaning combining traditional medicine with holistic alternative medicine" i.e, Mind, Body and Soul. Together as a team, your odds of getting over these issues become much greater. Also, think about simplifying your life. You seem to live stressfully and perhaps if you make some lifestyle changes, you could eliminate the anti-depressants for one and perhaps the others over time. Our bodies were made to heal themselves but we must be participants and it takes a confident attitude and don't give your power away to others.

LOL - now I'm getting preachy....sorry. [/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:04 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Whitedov,

You dont sound preachy at all! I really appreciate you sharing your opinion with me So I did the Candida test... and as far as I'm aware it was negative. Do you have to spit a lot? lol I just spit once and checked it about an hour later and it didnt smell foul to me.
The doctor didnt prescribe a specific diet for me, although I'm too familiar with Belladonna and Immodium, lol.
So I was down another pound today.. so maybe things are finally looking up? I'm trying to fit in exercise but it's just soo hard. I have a final tomorrow, but I know I'm just using this as an excuse lol.
Well I'm off to study... Thanks again for all of your help Whitedov. I notice that you really contribute to Lowcarbfriends and I really admire you for that! thanks!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyUpTheGirl View Post
Whitedov,

You dont sound preachy at all! I really appreciate you sharing your opinion with me So I did the Candida test... and as far as I'm aware it was negative. Do you have to spit a lot? lol I just spit once and checked it about an hour later and it didnt smell foul to me.
The doctor didnt prescribe a specific diet for me, although I'm too familiar with Belladonna and Immodium, lol.
So I was down another pound today.. so maybe things are finally looking up? I'm trying to fit in exercise but it's just soo hard. I have a final tomorrow, but I know I'm just using this as an excuse lol.
Well I'm off to study... Thanks again for all of your help Whitedov. I notice that you really contribute to Lowcarbfriends and I really admire you for that! thanks!

Dizzy,
Oh! No, it's not the smell that tests it. It's if the spit falls to the bottom of the glass like in tendrils! I probably forgot to mention that! If you didn't notice because your weren't looking try it tomorrow! Let me know.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:03 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Dizzy,
Oh! No, it's not the smell that tests it. It's if the spit falls to the bottom of the glass like in tendrils! I probably forgot to mention that! If you didn't notice because your weren't looking try it tomorrow! Let me know.

OMG! Lol

You didnt misinform me; I just totally read "stinks" instead of "sinks".

I guess thats what I get for not paying more attention! I feel so stupid! lol.
Well tomorrow morning I will definitely make sure to check if it SINKS and NOT stinks! lol. Thanks Whitedov!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OMG! Lol

You didnt misinform me; I just totally read "stinks" instead of "sinks".

I guess thats what I get for not paying more attention! I feel so stupid! lol.
Well tomorrow morning I will definitely make sure to check if it SINKS and NOT stinks! lol. Thanks Whitedov!

[COLOR="Blue"] no problem [/COLOR]
Old 04-23-2009, 10:27 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: motherweight75
Stats: 199/199/125
Start Date: 4/18/09
Another newbie!!

It's so fun reading all the old posts. Gee, I sure wish I would've been with you guys back then.

Anyway, I'm not losing and I'm on day 6. I am a BIG scale watcher and calorie counter. I have lost on all the other diets I was on, even if for a week. Of course I was always hungry as well. Well this time I'm not hungry, well actually when it's time to eat I am starving but up until that time I really feel like my stomach is full.

Ok, so I'm 5'5 and 199. Each day I eat the following:

Bkfst
3 egg omelet with onions and mushrooms and cheese, the cheese is less than a quarter of a cup for sure and then just a few onions and mushrooms pieces in it.

Lunch
4 egg omelet with the same-oh and both of these are prepared in butter

Dinner
Either a smaller hamburger (from the farm) with maybe a few onions or 2 thigh pieces of chicken, not really that big.

Ok, so what am I doing wrong.

I'm sorry I'm asking so early but I am used to fast weight loss it's just that I can't stick to those because I'm starving and have huge cravings. I just don't want to be eating too much, I feel like if I'm not eating my yummy stuff then on a diet I should be losing weight. I don't have any medical problems whatsoever and I'm in my upper 30's.

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can give me.

Sincerely,

Lyn
motherweight75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GPrime2
Stats: 255/192/175
WOE: Induction
Start Date: August 2008
Lyn, don't worry about eating too much, just don't over eat. The second day I was on induction I ate so much food it was unreal. My menu was as follows:

Breakfast: 4 egg omelet with 4 slices of bacon and 2 sausage links
Snack: 2 cheese sticks
Lunch: 2 cheeseburgers and another 4 slices of bacon (bacon cheeseburgers are great)
Dinner: 4 cheddarworst sausages and a chicken breast

It felt like about 8 billion calories, but I still lost a half a pound the next morning. Don't starve yourself on this diet, eat whenever you're hungry, until you're full, just don't over eat and drink LOTS of water.
GPrime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Whitedov,

I'm kinda freaking out here!

....So I did the test this morning, and my spit sunk to the bottom like two seconds later! Does that mean I'm really really overloaded with the candida???
Is this a normal thing???
Well, I better start reading up on candida overload... lol. Let me know what you recommend as well!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Motherweight,

Welcome! I'm a newcomer as well, lol. I just wanted to let you know to stick with it and not to get too discouraged. I only lost like 2 lbs my first week of induction... I'm only 3 days into my second week and I'm now down 6 lbs. I'm use to losing like 6 lbs in the first week alone, so it was very discouraging. And honestly, I'm kind of afraid the 2 or 3 lbs I've lost in the past couple of days is just a "trick" and that they're going to come back overnight, lol! Hang in there! You're not alone in the battle!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #162
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: motherweight75
Stats: 199/199/125
Start Date: 4/18/09
Thanks gprime2 and Chelsey. I will keep trying. I'm glad to hear you have the huge loss on other diets as well but you are still sticking with it. It's just that when I read the book Dr. Atkins was talking about the huge weight loss you would get in the first two weeks. I was ready for a couple pounds a day. I guess that's pretty unrealistic. I'll just keep trying to take it day by day.

Lyn
motherweight75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:47 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherweight75 View Post
Another newbie!!

It's so fun reading all the old posts. Gee, I sure wish I would've been with you guys back then.

Anyway, I'm not losing and I'm on day 6. I am a BIG scale watcher and calorie counter. I have lost on all the other diets I was on, even if for a week. Of course I was always hungry as well. Well this time I'm not hungry, well actually when it's time to eat I am starving but up until that time I really feel like my stomach is full.

Ok, so I'm 5'5 and 199. Each day I eat the following:

Bkfst
3 egg omelet with onions and mushrooms and cheese, the cheese is less than a quarter of a cup for sure and then just a few onions and mushrooms pieces in it.

Lunch
4 egg omelet with the same-oh and both of these are prepared in butter

Dinner
Either a smaller hamburger (from the farm) with maybe a few onions or 2 thigh pieces of chicken, not really that big.

Ok, so what am I doing wrong.

I'm sorry I'm asking so early but I am used to fast weight loss it's just that I can't stick to those because I'm starving and have huge cravings. I just don't want to be eating too much, I feel like if I'm not eating my yummy stuff then on a diet I should be losing weight. I don't have any medical problems whatsoever and I'm in my upper 30's.

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can give me.

Sincerely,

Lyn

Hi Lyn,
If you're not already plugging in your food to ******, I would recommend that you do to tract your protein, carbs, fats, calories. Mushrooms would be 2.4 carb grams for 1/4 of a cup and onions would be 5.3 carb grams for 1/4 of a cup so that gives you a total of 7.7 carb grams for breakfast and lunch as an example. If you are doing Atkins 2001 New Revolution - then 15-20 grams of carbs are allowed per day. So, those carbs can add up fast.

You didn't say but was that hamburger with or without the bun and what did you put on the hamburger?

What are you drinking? Youl should aim for 8 8-oz glasses of water daily.
Try to avoid drinking too much diet soda or caffeinated coffee for it spikes your blood sugar and makes you hungry.

Are you exercising?

SF Jello with dinner is fine - not alone.

If you drink coffee, black is better - heavy cream is ok but limited.

Cheese should be limited to 4 oz a day.

You should be eating at least 1400 calories and if you read Atkins book - calories don't count at least in the beginning. Plus you eat until you are not hungry - but not till your stuffed. Fat and meat and 20grams of carbs mainly from veggies are required to get into ketosis (fat burning stage) - then the lbs should come off fairly quickly. If you undereat, your body will go into starvation mode and store fat.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Whitedov,

Did you see my post about the candida test?
Old 04-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DIZZY

Quote:
Whitedov,

Did you see my post about the candida test?
[COLOR="Black"]No, I didn't until now - your message was buried among others!

Whoa - that was like how mine was last fall. That is the BIG culprit of your slow weight loss. Dr. Atkins talks about it in his book.

It's what many people have and don't know it. If you ever take antibiotics, you can be sure to get it a some level. Best to take a pro-biotic like acidolphlus whenever you are taking antibiotics. Everyone has some candida yeast but when you have an overload - it causes alot more problems than slow/no weight loss. It can make you tired, allergy prone and some let it go so long they get fungus in the mouth.

Don't panic. Read up on the foods to eat to rid yourself of those critters and then find a supplement in a store for candida. I found Candida Quick Cleanse made by Zand. There are many others that are good too. Or you could talk to your doctor about a prescription for Nystatin. Also, what will clear it up in conjunct to taking a supplement or prescription is: organic coconut oil - 1 Tablespoon a day in your coffee or tea or how else you can ingest it. You
can eat it raw or your hot beverage will melt it. Not bad.

Check out the board here on Candida. What I wrote above is what I had done and it worked in 2-3 weeks. You'll know when it's on its way out when you have a yuck day of achy bones or muscles. Drink lots of water!

Some of the foods to avoid and this list isn't complete because I don't remember it all is: cheese, balsamic vinegar, sugar, mushrooms, any vinegar (lemon juice w/Olive oil is fine for salad dressing). No grains. Basically you will be eating meat and salads - which is the Atkins 1972 Induction - only without the cheese.

You will lose weight. Follow up with me on this, hun
[/COLOR]
Old 04-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Whitedov,

Wow ok.. I feel a little overwhelmed! So do you think my positive test goes hand in hand with my stagnant weight loss??
I'm going to go to one of the best vitamin shops around town and inform them of my situation. I'm planning on just getting a really effective probiotic and then something that will help to rid the candida... As far as avoiding certain foods; Is that indefinitely? Because I really love mushrooms, cheese, spicy food, pretty much everything on that list.
I honestly just want to cry... I havent cheated at all and I was down to 237 but I'm up to 238.8 today. I'm drinking my water, exercising, etc... I feel like all my hard work is just getting flushed down the toilet Especially considering I had such great weight loss when I previously did LC. Plus, seeing all the posts where people are losing 7-13 lbs during their 2 week induction, well it just makes me even more frustrated with my staggering loss I mean, dont get me wrong, I'm really happy for those people! I just wish I could be one of them
....still hanging in there....
-Chels'
Old 04-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Hey Whitedov (I have a post above as well ^ lol)

So I ran to that vitamin store and I bought a bottle of probiotics that contain 14 billion organisms, and then I also picked up a kit called "Candistroy" by Nature's Secret. The Candistroy was recommended by one of the people at the store; It's a 30 day cleanse composed of two different components: The first 10 days is the "Candistroyer", you take 3 pills twice a day. The "candistroyer" is made up of calcium and zinc, and a proprietary blend with goldenseal, garlic extract, pau d' arco, oregon grape powder, barberry powder, cassia powder, clove powder, Licorice powder, orange peel extract, peppermint powder and thyme powder.
The second part is a probiotic rebuilder which you take 3 times a day for 20 days. The probiotic builder has calcium, lactobacillus acidophilus and bifdobacterium bifdum.
...So what do you think?? Lol- I hope I did a good job at picking out. I just took my first 3 now, and I work the noc shift tonight; So I guess I'll take the other 3 later.
I hope this works!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey Whitedov (I have a post above as well ^ lol)

So I ran to that vitamin store and I bought a bottle of probiotics that contain 14 billion organisms, and then I also picked up a kit called "Candistroy" by Nature's Secret. The Candistroy was recommended by one of the people at the store; It's a 30 day cleanse composed of two different components: The first 10 days is the "Candistroyer", you take 3 pills twice a day. The "candistroyer" is made up of calcium and zinc, and a proprietary blend with goldenseal, garlic extract, pau d' arco, oregon grape powder, barberry powder, cassia powder, clove powder, Licorice powder, orange peel extract, peppermint powder and thyme powder.
The second part is a probiotic rebuilder which you take 3 times a day for 20 days. The probiotic builder has calcium, lactobacillus acidophilus and bifdobacterium bifdum.
...So what do you think?? Lol- I hope I did a good job at picking out. I just took my first 3 now, and I work the noc shift tonight; So I guess I'll take the other 3 later.
I hope this works!!!
I think you did good! I like Nature Secret brand and I like that it's all herbal. The Pau D'Arco naturally destroys bad bactera. Garlic is a natural fungus remover as well as the oregon grape powder. Don't forget about the organic coconut oil that has caprycyn that is also good on candidia - coconuts have it naturally - the oil is a concentrate. Also, did you look on the net for candida foods to eat and those to avoid? All this will speed up the progress. I tested myself recently and it came up no candida. Atkins Diet is really good for killing it and my DH's doc told him to go on it to get rid of it - except the cheese, pickles, olives. But you could just stick to meat and salads w/oil and lemon juice and be done with it and lose weight as well!

Let me know at the end of the week how you feel and if you have lost any lbs or inches (measure yourself).
Old 04-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Whitedov,

Wow ok.. I feel a little overwhelmed! So do you think my positive test goes hand in hand with my stagnant weight loss??
I'm going to go to one of the best vitamin shops around town and inform them of my situation. I'm planning on just getting a really effective probiotic and then something that will help to rid the candida... As far as avoiding certain foods; Is that indefinitely? Because I really love mushrooms, cheese, spicy food, pretty much everything on that list.
I honestly just want to cry... I havent cheated at all and I was down to 237 but I'm up to 238.8 today. I'm drinking my water, exercising, etc... I feel like all my hard work is just getting flushed down the toilet Especially considering I had such great weight loss when I previously did LC. Plus, seeing all the posts where people are losing 7-13 lbs during their 2 week induction, well it just makes me even more frustrated with my staggering loss I mean, dont get me wrong, I'm really happy for those people! I just wish I could be one of them
....still hanging in there....
-Chels'
Chelsea,
Don't cry because you are on the right track! I have a few other things we can try too but one thing at a time. Having candida makes it just about impossible to lose weight. Getting rid of it and then having your cheese, mushrooms and spicy food will even taste better!. I also love those things too. In fact, when you are over this, I would recommend you use cayenne pepper and tumeric - Indian spice. Not only will it prevent candida but it will be good for your digestive tract to rebuild it from killling off the candida.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:47 PM   #170
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Toria70
Hi Everybody! Another newb here! I don't have anything to add to the spit & bowel comments (yet!!), so I just wanted to chime in and say hello.

I started on 4/23 and I've already lost 5.5 lbs, so WOOHOO! I'm feeling hopeful...

Last edited by Toria70; 04-26-2009 at 11:00 PM..
Toria70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:20 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria70 View Post
Hi Everybody! Another newb here! I don't have anything to add to the spit & bowel comments (yet!!), so I just wanted to chime in and say hello.

I started on 4/23 and I've already lost 5.5 lbs, so WOOHOO! I'm feeling hopeful...
[COLOR="Blue"]Hi Toria [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Welcome to low carbing! Sounds like you are a happy camper. Keep on doing what you're doing and encourage others with your menus and secrets of your weight loss. Post your menus for the day so people can get ideas.[/COLOR]
Old 04-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
I think you did good! I like Nature Secret brand and I like that it's all herbal. The Pau D'Arco naturally destroys bad bactera. Garlic is a natural fungus remover as well as the oregon grape powder. Don't forget about the organic coconut oil that has caprycyn that is also good on candidia - coconuts have it naturally - the oil is a concentrate. Also, did you look on the net for candida foods to eat and those to avoid? All this will speed up the progress. I tested myself recently and it came up no candida. Atkins Diet is really good for killing it and my DH's doc told him to go on it to get rid of it - except the cheese, pickles, olives. But you could just stick to meat and salads w/oil and lemon juice and be done with it and lose weight as well!

Let me know at the end of the week how you feel and if you have lost any lbs or inches (measure yourself).
Linda,

Awwww, I love your picture! I'm so glad I got your seal of approval on the nature's secret brand, lol. I'm really trying to do the just meat and salad thing, but it's just kind of hard for me. I dont really know what I should eat for a snack... and how should I prepare the meat? I eat alot of meatloaf and things prepared with ground beef, like Linda Sue's green bean casserole meatloaf. I also eat meatballs with like 3/4 cup of spaghetti sauce (the lowest carb I can find). I will also usually have chicken "fajitas" but of course without the tortilla; I usually just cut chicken slices with some bell pepper and onion and cook it all in diced stewed tomatoes (2 tbsp) and salsa (2tbsp). I'm afraid that all my meals arent really acceptable for my condition.. But I have a hard time just eating meat plain... Also, I'm not the biggest salad eater, especially when I cant use regular dressing
I need to measure! I'm really excited and I hope this "candistroy" really does the trick. I'm going to purchase some coconut oil within the next couple of days as well. I'm ready to really lose some weight!!!
-Chels

PS
Toria, welcome!
Old 04-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda,

Awwww, I love your picture! I'm so glad I got your seal of approval on the nature's secret brand, lol. I'm really trying to do the just meat and salad thing, but it's just kind of hard for me. I dont really know what I should eat for a snack... and how should I prepare the meat? I eat alot of meatloaf and things prepared with ground beef, like Linda Sue's green bean casserole meatloaf. I also eat meatballs with like 3/4 cup of spaghetti sauce (the lowest carb I can find). I will also usually have chicken "fajitas" but of course without the tortilla; I usually just cut chicken slices with some bell pepper and onion and cook it all in diced stewed tomatoes (2 tbsp) and salsa (2tbsp). I'm afraid that all my meals arent really acceptable for my condition.. But I have a hard time just eating meat plain... Also, I'm not the biggest salad eater, especially when I cant use regular dressing
I need to measure! I'm really excited and I hope this "candistroy" really does the trick. I'm going to purchase some coconut oil within the next couple of days as well. I'm ready to really lose some weight!!!
-Chels

PS
Toria, welcome!
Yeah, I got up the nerve to put my face on my avatar - a more personal touch. Thanks.

To correct myself, I said that coconut oil has caprycn (that's peppers!) but I meant Caprylic Acid. Anyway, get one of those lemon squeezers already made in produce isle of store and olive oil and bite the bullet. You will feel so much better to get rid of Candida. If you have a crock pot - put beef or chicken in it with some broth and spices and let it go for 8-10 hrs on low. When you get home - it's done and juicy and all you have to do then is take a bag of salad and you're good to go.

As far as snacks - pack lunch meat. I actually like Hormel's Corned Beef and it's filling.

You can also cook string beans for a couple of minutes and take them out before they're done, rinse with cold water, toss w/olive oil and spices to make a cold string bean salad.

Also, you can have radishes. I use them as potatoes - cook them in salted water until tender. Make those with roast beef or roast chicken or some people shred the radishes and fry them in olive oil for hashbrowns. The cooking of the radishes gets rid of the stingy taste. Instead of spicy fajitas, stir fry the strips in lots of garlic (anti-fungal) and italian spices.

If there's a will, there's a way.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Hi Whitedov!.

I just wanted to let you know that I think the supplements that I'm taking are helping.. I've been more regular and my stomach is as bloated (I know it's kind of like waay to early to tell; but I just wanted to let you know, lol). Thanks for all of your recommendations. I'm doing my best to keep my meals simple. I have a really good feeling for this week though. Thanks again!
Old 04-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

oops, I meant to say my stomach ISNT as bloated, lol.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
oops, I meant to say my stomach ISNT as bloated, lol.
Keep me posted, ok?
Old 05-01-2009, 06:28 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dizzy,
How are you doing?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A good article on Candida

I found this on the web last night and thought it would be helpful to you, Dizzy or anybody else that is having problems losing weight: It's a link to a website.

Yeast and Candidiasis | RxAlternativeMedicine.com
Old 05-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Hi Whitedov,

I'm not really having that easy of a time... I havent weighed in a couple of days but I plan to probably either monday or tuesday. I've been experiencing kind of rough induction flu like symptoms. I really dont have an appetite, but NOTHING sounds good at all. I hate under eating, because I know it can slow down weight loss. But seriously nothing sounds good to eat.
Ontop of that, I'm just sooo stressed about finances, I feel like the stress is eating me alive. And of course this too doesnt help at all with my weight loss. I'm just feeling really down right now, I'm actually in tears as I'm typing this, I feel like an emotional wreck!
...I'm sorry to be soo doom and gloomy, I'm just really discouraged about my weight ontop of so many other things. It means alot that you were checking on my whitedov, thank you
Old 05-04-2009, 06:33 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 2big4mysize
Stats: 313 to current goalie 169-173
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: june 1 2002
Quote:
Hi Whitedov,

I'm not really having that easy of a time... I havent weighed in a couple of days but I plan to probably either monday or tuesday. I've been experiencing kind of rough induction flu like symptoms. I really dont have an appetite, but NOTHING sounds good at all. I hate under eating, because I know it can slow down weight loss. But seriously nothing sounds good to eat.
Ontop of that, I'm just sooo stressed about finances, I feel like the stress is eating me alive. And of course this too doesnt help at all with my weight loss. I'm just feeling really down right now, I'm actually in tears as I'm typing this, I feel like an emotional wreck!
...I'm sorry to be soo doom and gloomy, I'm just really discouraged about my weight ontop of so many other things. It means alot that you were checking on my whitedov, thank you
so what are you doing as the mandatory exercise part of your Atkins to work off those stress hormones and help your weight loss? Even just a brisk for you walk will work wonders on that stress. hang in there work your Atkins and you will be amazed at how much better you feel once all thhe withdrawal issues are gone.
2big4mysize is offline   Reply With Quote