Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 05:15 PM   #121
Junior LCF Member
 
Bethshaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Canaan, CT
Posts: 17
Gallery: Bethshaya
Stats: 205/203/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12.28.08
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgavin View Post
No diet change, but morning sugar numbers took a turn for the worse. Weight is completely stalled and has been for the last 4 days. Carb intake is only trace amounts present in protein and fat foods.

I'm drinking only decaf coffee with half-half, and gave up the Jello. No impact, either way. 3 Eggs, 4 bacon, cheese chunks, lettuce, celery, green onions, Ranch dressing, and a few Macadamia nuts. Fried pork rinds for a crunchy snack. One Diet Coke per week or so.

I'm scratching my head over trying to find the source of the sugar. I know some 57% of protein is converted to glucagen, so that must be it. Ketosis remain 15mg/dL which is considered a "small" amount. I appear to be highly metabolic-resistant. Bummer.

I will step up the exercise program after 9/6, when I have some free time.
I know the half and half has the sugar in it (1 fl oz has 1.3 carbs). Try switching to heavy cream (1 fl oz has .8 carbs), or even light cream (1 fl oz has 1.1 carbs).

Eggs (.4 carbs), Ranch Dressing(2 tbsp 1.3 carbs), macadamia nuts (1 oz 3.9 carbs, 1 cup 18.5)) all have carbs in it.
Bethshaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member
 
Desertthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 187
Gallery: Desertthorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueseely View Post
I am first time poster, so confused
Dont be confused Sue, ASK questions, ask a million questions and someone will know the answer.
Desertthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member
 
Desertthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 187
Gallery: Desertthorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgavin View Post
No diet change, but morning sugar numbers took a turn for the worse. Weight is completely stalled and has been for the last 4 days. Carb intake is only trace amounts present in protein and fat foods.

I'm drinking only decaf coffee with half-half, and gave up the Jello. No impact, either way. 3 Eggs, 4 bacon, cheese chunks, lettuce, celery, green onions, Ranch dressing, and a few Macadamia nuts. Fried pork rinds for a crunchy snack. One Diet Coke per week or so.

I'm scratching my head over trying to find the source of the sugar. I know some 57% of protein is converted to glucagen, so that must be it. Ketosis remain 15mg/dL which is considered a "small" amount. I appear to be highly metabolic-resistant. Bummer.

I will step up the exercise program after 9/6, when I have some free time.
Since I am not sure what diet your following, I really can't comment on the foods your eating. I know that nuts are not allowed on Atkins Induction neither is 1/2 and 1/2 , but its the only diet that I really understand.
BUT I read where you quit the water pills and that is why your stalled. Its going to take a few days to get all that water off you. Never stop any doctor prescribed medication without taking to the doctor because s**t happens when you do, as you found out.
I don't think your metabolic-resistant either, well you might be, but it's to early to tell. Give yourself a two week perfect induction and then see that happens.
__________________
The map includes the states we have visited in our new RV since we retired.

270240190
Desertthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Instant Coffee has carbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba12106 View Post
Oops, I forgot......bgavin....I read in Atkins New Diet Revolution that in some people caffeine can "mimick" the effects of sugar in the bloodstream. I had to give up caffeine. The first week of induction I cut back to just once cup in the morning and thereafter I drank decaf only. The second week into induction I was no longer drinking the caffeinated coffee, I was strickly drinking the decaf. I got Maxwell house decaf and it tastes (to me) like regular caffeinated coffee. Another thing, don't use instant coffee at all, it has carbs in it. I hope that might be of some help.
Hi Sheba,
Your post was helpful. I read Atkins New Revo book a year ago but completely missed that part about caffeine can mimmick the effects of sugar in the bloodstream. Dang. I just thought he said to watch it for increasing hungry as in hypoglycemia. I also didn't know about carbs in instant regular or decaf cofee. Folgers doesn't list their ingredients on the label.

I drink 1 or 2 regular Folgers instant cofee in the morning and then 1 Burger King decaf in the afternoon. I used to drink 8 cups of regular every day until I cut back a year ago but jeez...to not have a regular coffee when I get up?
__________________
Blue Topaz
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member
 
Munchie1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: From Mobile, Alabama and Las Vegas,NV but stationed in Maryland
Posts: 316
Gallery: Munchie1984
Stats: 186/154/145 5'4
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara View Post
Hello newbie the board. Ive read the stalling posts etc, but this is day 8 of induction, my ketosis are very very dark pink and have been for 3 days, but the weight as yet is not coming off. I have yo yo'd this past year, am totally addicted to sugar but I am on this plan the protein seems to stabilise my blood sugar and I dont get cravings.

Basically, I know its still early days but im feeling very full and abit bloated. Ive done this before, a couple of years ago, so know the drill about the food and the fat to kick off ketosis. Ive been in ketosis from day 2, and the sticks have got darker. Ive made sure I drink plenty of water. Im not constipated, but its a couple of days so perhaps a herbal laxative tea would help. Motivation is running low!!!!!!!!!! Im hanging in there but it would help if I could see a couple of Lbs lost!

Any advice would be much appreciate. Oh btw I am power walking a total of 5 miles a day, probably 45-50 mins in total. (Journey to work) - surely I am active enough.

My stats are currently

5"9
148 Lb


Well I don't think you have much weight to lose that's probably why it's taking a while. Because I see you're 5'9 and already 148 you're pretty small already. I'm 5'4 and I'm shooting for 145. How much weight are you trying to lose if you don't mind me asking.
Munchie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member
 
jake'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 61
Gallery: jake'smom
Stats: 168/size 10&8/size 4 :)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2010
Started Atkins Again after having new Baby

Hi All,

I am back on Atkins, after going up to 205 while pregnant, which I can't believe. I was on Atkins back in 99 when I went up to 146lbs, then hit my goal of 123lbs at 5'3". I have always been really toned and had muscle tone so for me I was fine with that. Over the years I had steadily gained weight back up to 163lbs when I got pregnant. So here I am at 170lbs after 7 weeks from giving birth.

My goal is to get done to about 130lbs. But I am really struggling. I was at 177 when I started and so far I lost 7 lbs, but here's my problem. I have not given up my coffee in the mornings because frankly I need it to survive because of my schedule with my baby, and the other problem is I love my wine and champagne. I usually have a few glasses of red with dinner and have some brut for brunch on the weekend.....

So far I have still been losing weight, and I'd like to know if others have successfully lost weight while having their coffee and alcohol?

Thanks for your help!

Farrah -'Jake's Mom'
jake'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member
 
ketosisgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 476
Gallery: ketosisgirl
Stats: Post babies=218/170/125
WOE: Stress
Hey, everybody. I started back up on Induction a couple of weeks ago after having two babies in the past 3 years. I have only lost 4 pounds so far, & trying not to get discouraged. I like what someone said here about promising to stick with it for 45 days no matter what happens. This is a great idea!
ketosisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
Gallery: Jinx
Hey, I'm a new user *waves*

I have been on induction for 10 days now and have lost only 6lbs. This is my second time around and last time I had lost around 11lbs by this stage.

I can't work out what I'm doing wrong *tears out hair*

I have included my daily menu so if anyone can figure out what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate some pointers!
Breakfast:
2 slices of bacon & scrambled or fried egg. Maybe one tomato.

Lunch:
Chicken salad with mayonaise or bacon and eggs again.

Dinner:
Pork chop with brocolli or cabbage. Or a mushroom omlette.

Snacks:
2 slices of ham
A can of tuna

I drink at least 10 glasses of water a day and exercise for at least 20 minutes a day on an exercise bike.

I am allergic to nuts, therefore I can't eat them and I hate cheese so much! Ick!

I know weight loss takes time but I am getting so frustrated
I was in ketotsis after 32 hours too. Help?!

Thanks
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!
 
2big4mysize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,307
Gallery: 2big4mysize
Stats: 313 to current goalie 169-173
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: june 1 2002
Jinx you didn't post any stats nor amounts so it owuld be hard to know if yiou are over eating or undereating. I hope you are having some healthy fats with that dinner and snacks since Atkins is all about the fat.

You are not the same body comp and age as you were the last time you needed Atkins so your results will not be identical to then neither. 6 pounds in 10 days is great. Bet you didn't gain those 6 pounds in 10 days did you? stress has a negative effect on body weight so relax and plan how you will do your Atkins differently this time so your house of Atkins will stand the test of time and you will stick as a goalie this time.
2big4mysize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #130
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
Gallery: Jinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big4mysize View Post
Jinx you didn't post any stats nor amounts so it owuld be hard to know if yiou are over eating or undereating. I hope you are having some healthy fats with that dinner and snacks since Atkins is all about the fat.

You are not the same body comp and age as you were the last time you needed Atkins so your results will not be identical to then neither. 6 pounds in 10 days is great. Bet you didn't gain those 6 pounds in 10 days did you? stress has a negative effect on body weight so relax and plan how you will do your Atkins differently this time so your house of Atkins will stand the test of time and you will stick as a goalie this time.
Thanks

When you say stats I am assuming you mean height/weight? Don't mean to sound stupid, i am confused over all this!

I am 5ft 2 and 200lbs.

I guess I am eating around 1,200 calories a day? And as for the fats, I'm using vegetable oil for cooking and a teaspoon of mayo on my salad.
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member
 
heatherdazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 732
Gallery: heatherdazy
Stats: highest ever: 214 (2004) this time:164/159/105
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDDD
Start Date: Switch from Atkins to JUDDDD April 5
OMG, if one more person whines about how they've only lost a bajillion lbs in five minutes I'm going to SCREAM.
heatherdazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!
 
2big4mysize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,307
Gallery: 2big4mysize
Stats: 313 to current goalie 169-173
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: june 1 2002
thanks for the follow up Jinx stats are begining weight current weight and goal weight usually so you'd be 206/200/?

and according to DANDR your 6 pounds lost already put you on target to be average to low metabolic resistance based on your 14 day loss total, so you are doing fine.
I noticed you didn't list whaty your mandatory exercise is? what you doing? walking? riding a bike? going to the gym? working out with a video? swimming? what?

Also your cal intake is too low at 1200 for a 200 pounder. Bodies on less then needed cals start to slow down metabolism and shut off nonessencial for lifebody functions so feed your body.
2big4mysize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdazy View Post
OMG, if one more person whines about how they've only lost a bajillion lbs in five minutes I'm going to SCREAM.
[COLOR="Blue"]Heather - That's what this thread is all about! A place to vent.[/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #134
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
Gallery: Jinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big4mysize View Post
thanks for the follow up Jinx stats are begining weight current weight and goal weight usually so you'd be 206/200/?

and according to DANDR your 6 pounds lost already put you on target to be average to low metabolic resistance based on your 14 day loss total, so you are doing fine.
I noticed you didn't list whaty your mandatory exercise is? what you doing? walking? riding a bike? going to the gym? working out with a video? swimming? what?

Also your cal intake is too low at 1200 for a 200 pounder. Bodies on less then needed cals start to slow down metabolism and shut off nonessencial for lifebody functions so feed your body.

Thanks!
I'm using an exercise bike most evenings but I go out walking during the day too.
I'll up my calories too.

Heather...I'm not whining, it's called asking for advice you know. I'll just not even bother to grace your reply with a real answer
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #135
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 47
Gallery: LifeIsShort21404
Stats: 215.5/207/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/09/09
Jinx,
I think you're doing great! Keep on going.

I am on Day 10 of Induction and I have lost 5 lbs. Woohoo! I am happy about it.

BUT, whenever I am feeling defeated and find myself comparing my success to other people's success, I try to remember what a therapist said to me once (when I was in my early 20's and questioned the unfairness of God, life itself, and the creator of soap?) She told me that in the journey of life, there will always people ahead of me and there will always people behind me. She said you just have to keep walking and you'll get to where you are going.

To this day, I haven't forgotten this bit of profound advice from her. Whatever I am doing that is not hurting anyone else I just have to keep on doing and be myself.

We are all on the same boat, just don't EAT me.
LifeIsShort21404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:08 AM   #136
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
Gallery: Jinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsShort21404 View Post
Jinx,
I think you're doing great! Keep on going.

I am on Day 10 of Induction and I have lost 5 lbs. Woohoo! I am happy about it.

BUT, whenever I am feeling defeated and find myself comparing my success to other people's success, I try to remember what a therapist said to me once (when I was in my early 20's and questioned the unfairness of God, life itself, and the creator of soap?) She told me that in the journey of life, there will always people ahead of me and there will always people behind me. She said you just have to keep walking and you'll get to where you are going.

To this day, I haven't forgotten this bit of profound advice from her. Whatever I am doing that is not hurting anyone else I just have to keep on doing and be myself.

We are all on the same boat, just don't EAT me.
Thank you! And well done on your loss!

Haha, soap! I'll keep that advice in mind.

And don't worry, I shan't eat you!!
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member
 
heatherdazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 732
Gallery: heatherdazy
Stats: highest ever: 214 (2004) this time:164/159/105
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDDD
Start Date: Switch from Atkins to JUDDDD April 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post

Heather...I'm not whining, it's called asking for advice you know. I'll just not even bother to grace your reply with a real answer
You're right, you're not whining, you're showing off and fishing for compliments in a very rude way. Nobody really whines about losing 6lbs in 10 days. It's like whining about being too rich or too beautiful in front of people who are broke and ugly.

OBNOXIOUS AND RUDE
heatherdazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
Gallery: Jinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdazy View Post
You're right, you're not whining, you're showing off and fishing for compliments in a very rude way. Nobody really whines about losing 6lbs in 10 days. It's like whining about being too rich or too beautiful in front of people who are broke and ugly.

OBNOXIOUS AND RUDE



Ok. Actually I was doing neither. Seeing as this is a place we can ask for advice, I was doing that. You know, asking if I was doing anything wrong, giving an example of my diet, trying to find out a few pointers, seeing if there were any hidden carbs or anything I needed to change. I gave my loss as an EXAMPLE. I have seen many people on this board do exactly the same thing and post exactly the same response. And I have also seen you ***** about others. In fact, I found a thread that YOU had started posting almost exactly the same thing as what I did.

As for obnoxious and rude - not at all. Seems you are being a bit of a hypocrite there seeing as you were the one leaving comments with no substance under something which I was only ASKING about. And as for saying I'm showing off - not at all. I was doing simply like you did in one of your threads. So I guess that makes YOU obnoxious and rude AND a hypocrite. Oh my
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member
 
heatherdazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 732
Gallery: heatherdazy
Stats: highest ever: 214 (2004) this time:164/159/105
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDDD
Start Date: Switch from Atkins to JUDDDD April 5
Yeah, I asked for advice... because I had only lost 1 lb in three weeks!

You know you're doing well!
heatherdazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Gallery: panther
It took me 30 days of induction to see weight loss...after the 30 days I saw a 3-5 lb reduction almost weekly.
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Gallery: panther
What is a typical day menu for you ?
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member
 
eklektos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 207
Gallery: eklektos
Stats: 152/137/119? 5' 2.5" tall 24.7 BMI
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: Feb. 02, 2009
Wow, panther! That's great! So do you think you actually healed your metabolism by extended induction? That's what it sounds like to me. Are you still losing, or have you reached goal?
Oh how I wish I could see that kind of result...
eklektos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Rbenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In the Mountains of Northern Ca.
Posts: 9,850
Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdazy View Post
OMG, if one more person whines about how they've only lost a bajillion lbs in five minutes I'm going to SCREAM.
I thought that was funny and not rude or obnoxious.
6 lbs in 10 days is GREAT!!!
I'm hoping I get the same results!

Hey, KetoGirl...4 lbs is better than NONE!
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #144
Junior LCF Member
 
HeartnurseVa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Midlothian, Va.
Posts: 5
Gallery: HeartnurseVa
Stats: 217/210/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2009
Thats my thought, you could use more food, Dr Atkins says never allow yourself to get hungry.
The beauty of this WOE is it is possible to tweak it to each individual. You look wonderful and I would love to be your wt. I say relax and dont give up!
This was directed at a previous post from a gal weighing 145 lbs. I lost where it was.

Last edited by HeartnurseVa; 04-20-2009 at 08:52 PM..
HeartnurseVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member
 
DizzyUpTheGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 606
Gallery: DizzyUpTheGirl
Stats: 249.8/231(restart)/190(mini-goal)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 8, 2007... Restart AGAIN 9/16/10 @ 231
Hey everyone,
I'm almost done with week two of induction. I started at 243 and I'm only down to 241.4. I feel very discouraged due to the fact that when I previously did LC a substantial more amount of weight at the same stats. I've been in Ketosis for at least a week. I' m not ready to give up.. but the thought is extremely tempting; especially considering my past experiences. I have never lost weight so slowly doing LC.
DizzyUpTheGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyUpTheGirl View Post
Hey everyone,
I'm almost done with week two of induction. I started at 243 and I'm only down to 241.4. I feel very discouraged due to the fact that when I previously did LC a substantial more amount of weight at the same stats. I've been in Ketosis for at least a week. I' m not ready to give up.. but the thought is extremely tempting; especially considering my past experiences. I have never lost weight so slowly doing LC.
IMHO, assuming your thyroid is ok and you are not taking meds that impede losing weight and there are plenty that make one gain weight, the advice I could give you would be to exercise and drink at least 8 - 8oz glass of water daily. This is important to flush the carbs and toxins out of your system. A dehydrated body will retain water for survival. Leg and foot cramps could set in. Make sure you take a high potency multi-vitamin, magnesium oxide 250 mg and calcium 500 mg at night and potassium pills.

Other than that, just be patient. The big picture is to change your way of eating lifetime - not a quicky diet to lose weight because ultimately, people then go back to their old ways and the lbs come back with a vengance.

Post what you are eating for a few days and we'll take a look at it and advise, if you want it. Good luck!
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member
 
DizzyUpTheGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 606
Gallery: DizzyUpTheGirl
Stats: 249.8/231(restart)/190(mini-goal)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 8, 2007... Restart AGAIN 9/16/10 @ 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
IMHO, assuming your thyroid is ok and you are not taking meds that impede losing weight and there are plenty that make one gain weight, the advice I could give you would be to exercise and drink at least 8 - 8oz glass of water daily. This is important to flush the carbs and toxins out of your system. A dehydrated body will retain water for survival. Leg and foot cramps could set in. Make sure you take a high potency multi-vitamin, magnesium oxide 250 mg and calcium 500 mg at night and potassium pills.

Other than that, just be patient. The big picture is to change your way of eating lifetime - not a quicky diet to lose weight because ultimately, people then go back to their old ways and the lbs come back with a vengance.

Post what you are eating for a few days and we'll take a look at it and advise, if you want it. Good luck!
Hi Whitedov and thanks for your advice! I've had my thryoid checked along with a million other tests including an upper endoscopy and EVERYTHING is apparently normal. I do take birth control pills, although I took the same birth control pills when I previously lost 60 lbs doing LC. The only other medication I take is 200 mg of Wellbutrin; which from my knowledge, is not supposed to cause weight gain as opposed to paxil or prozac. (I was on paxil almost half a year ago and I honestly believe it contributed to the majority of my weight gain).
The only other thing I could maybe add is the fact that I yo-yo dieted using LC for months about a year ago. This method of LC didn't produce weight loss, but it did help me to maintain.. Until I gave up completely. I'm thinking that my body is possibly so familiar with that old "yo-yo process", that it's not letting the weight go; does that make any sense?

A typical day for me usually looks something like this:

B- Left overs from the night before, such as taco salad, steak, etc...
L- Chicken/Meat loaf/steak strips/tuna/ with some cheese or salad or some sort of veggie
D-Something out of the same food group from lunch, along with green beans usually

Today:
B-didnt wake up early enough.
L-Grilled chicken with broccoli and grilled shrimp
D-prob going to have taco salad
S- the cream cheese "clouds" by Linda Sue


.... I do need to drink more water, so that will be my goal for the remainder of the week. I also have been negligent as far as taking vitamins.. So I will try to get on that as well.

...But I've been in a "moderate" level of ketosis... so what the heck??

Thanks Whitedov!!!
__________________
"If you dont like it, change it. If you cant change it, dont worry about it!"


My SpOoKtAcUlAr challenge: 215 by Halloween!

Chelsey
DizzyUpTheGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyUpTheGirl View Post
Hi Whitedov and thanks for your advice! I've had my thryoid checked along with a million other tests including an upper endoscopy and EVERYTHING is apparently normal. I do take birth control pills, although I took the same birth control pills when I previously lost 60 lbs doing LC. The only other medication I take is 200 mg of Wellbutrin; which from my knowledge, is not supposed to cause weight gain as opposed to paxil or prozac. (I was on paxil almost half a year ago and I honestly believe it contributed to the majority of my weight gain).
The only other thing I could maybe add is the fact that I yo-yo dieted using LC for months about a year ago. This method of LC didn't produce weight loss, but it did help me to maintain.. Until I gave up completely. I'm thinking that my body is possibly so familiar with that old "yo-yo process", that it's not letting the weight go; does that make any sense?

A typical day for me usually looks something like this:

B- Left overs from the night before, such as taco salad, steak, etc...
L- Chicken/Meat loaf/steak strips/tuna/ with some cheese or salad or some sort of veggie
D-Something out of the same food group from lunch, along with green beans usually

Today:
B-didnt wake up early enough.
L-Grilled chicken with broccoli and grilled shrimp
D-prob going to have taco salad
S- the cream cheese "clouds" by Linda Sue


.... I do need to drink more water, so that will be my goal for the remainder of the week. I also have been negligent as far as taking vitamins.. So I will try to get on that as well.

...But I've been in a "moderate" level of ketosis... so what the heck??

Thanks Whitedov!!!
Your menu of foods look good. More questions: How many calories are you consuming? (I know...Atkins says calories don't count and in the beginning one should not worry about it)

What is your excercise level?

How old are you and what height are you?

All those meds ...have you ever looked into adrenal fatigue? Check out the websites on it. Between the meds you were on and what you're taking now, it seems reasonable that your adrenal system could be drained. I'm not a doctor and most doctors would not even address it. Look on the website for natural supplement for that.

I bought a weight loss pill that addresses Adrenal Fatigue called Cylaprin at my local drug store. I haven't taken it yet but the reason why I bought it, I was frustrated at the newer Atkins Induction 2002 and only losing 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I called my doc and ordered up a thyroid test as well as nutrient tests. Then, awaiting my test results and appointment, I went on 1972 version of Atkins Induction and lost 6 lbs in 5 days. The test came back ok for thyroid and nutrients but by then I figured it out myself.

If you are under alot of stress and take meds - adrenal fatigue "could" be the issue. Also, I would also think about Candida Yeast overload which is very common and prevent weight loss. Atkins writes about it in his books.

There are alot of factors that it could be...just stay the course, drink water and excercise and if that doesn't do it, then check the above things out with your doctor.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 04-21-2009 at 08:26 PM..
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member
 
DizzyUpTheGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 606
Gallery: DizzyUpTheGirl
Stats: 249.8/231(restart)/190(mini-goal)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 8, 2007... Restart AGAIN 9/16/10 @ 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Your menu of foods look good. More questions: How many calories are you consuming? (I know...Atkins says calories don't count and in the beginning one should not worry about it)

What is your excercise level?

How old are you and what height are you?

All those meds ...have you ever looked into adrenal fatigue? Check out the websites on it. Between the meds you were on and what you're taking now, it seems reasonable that your adrenal system could be drained. I'm not a doctor and most doctors would not even address it. Look on the website for natural supplement for that.

I bought a weight loss pill that addresses Adrenal Fatigue called Cylaprin at my local drug store. I haven't taken it yet but the reason why I bought it, I was frustrated at the newer Atkins Induction 2002 and only losing 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I called my doc and ordered up a thyroid test as well as nutrient tests. Then, awaiting my test results and appointment, I went on 1972 version of Atkins Induction and lost 6 lbs in 5 days. The test came back ok for thyroid and nutrients but by then I figured it out myself.

If you are under alot of stress and take meds - adrenal fatigue "could" be the issue. Also, I would also think about Candida Yeast overload which is very common and prevent weight loss. Atkins writes about it in his books.

There are alot of factors that it could be...just stay the course, drink water and excercise and if that doesn't do it, then check the above things out with your doctor.
I currently dont exercise outside of work; I know I must sound extremely lazy! I work 12 hour shifts and I'm usually running around on my feet for the majority of the time. I'm trying to find time to go to the gym but with my hectic schedule it's hard to find time to spend with my family in between. I think another reason I havent really devoted much time to exercise is my previous loss doing LC; I dont remember working out all too often! (I know these are all just excuses and I need to stop whining and get my rear off the couch!).
I am 22 years old and I'm 5'4". I've never heard of adrenal fatigue; although I work in the medical field and I will definitely look into this! I'm stressed about 110% of the time, so maybe this is a possibility..
What did you do differently when inducting on Atkins '72??? Maybe I need something similar to give me that whoosh I need...? And as far as the Candida Yeast overload... I've never really heard of this; So I will definitely look into this as well. If this is the problem, can it be corrected? And if so, will that resolve the problem?
I dont count calories and I never really have; so maybe I should start utilizing ******... I just run out of time some days, lol.
I really appreciate you taking the time to help address my problems! You definitely are a saint!!!
...I'm going to go look up that info now... Thanks again!
DizzyUpTheGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
No problem Dizzy, glad to help.

Candida is a yeast that everyone has in their bodies but sometimes, it gets out of hand and we feel lousy, foggy brained, lethargic, sinuses out of control, yeast infections - for women and it will make you retain water like there's no tomorrow and weight loss is difficult.

My husband had it and his doctor told him to do the 1972 Atkins Induction plus prescribed Nystatin. He was also not allowed to eat mushrooms, anything fermented, vinegar, fruit, cheese. So, it was basically meat, salads w/olive oil or plain for 2 weeks. The candida kill off is flu like symptoms - for a day or two. Afterwards, you feel like a new person. There are natural supplements that do the trick as well but not as quick. Also, coconut oil along with Caprylic Acid work good too. In fact Coconuts has Caprylic acid in it and is known to be a yeast killer.

The way to tell if you have Candida overload is to spit in a glass of plain tap water first thing in the morning before brushing your teeth. If it sinks within an hour - you have candida overload. If it doesn't sink - no worries.

I knew I had it when taking antibiotics, yeast infections came, I was bloated , craving carbs and gaining weight. I took the test. Bought a product from my drugstore called Candida Quick Cleanse w/Caprylic Acid and in a month it was gone. A year later, I still don't have it.

There is a message board on Low Carb Friends in the Heath Section that talks about it and what other people do.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.