Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 11:08 PM   #331
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hm8119

Hi every one I'm so sad cause I try the ketostick at the morning and it shows that I'm out of Ketones I didn't cheer I eat just egg, meat, very little cheese and some days 1cup lettuce some times I eat free sugar jello and drinking decaf coffee and a lot lot of water.. Can any one tell me how much we need fat, protein? All what I want to lose 20 lb and it's my first time with Atkins I have hypothyroid. I used to be thin all my life but now with the thyroid problem I cann't lose my after pregnancy weight. I started before 1monthes with the new Atkins and now I'm on Atkins 72.
hm8119 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 11:07 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nimuae
Stats: 296/190.0/165
WOE: Atkins -currently Atkins 72 Induction week 1
Start Date: Restart - 01/24/14
HM, would you post one days menu including condiments? Maybe we can see something that you are missing. It is possible that you do not have Enough fat in your diet
Nimuae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #333
Junior LCF Member

Here is one day which was today
At the morning I took my thyroid med. Then I wait for one hour and drunk water
My breakfast was 2 fried egg with 5 peppironi and decaf coffee.
At 1p.m I got one cheddar cheese slice and water
For lunch 5 pm I had fried meatballs and I add on them 2 TBS cream and origano.
At 6pm I drink green tea.
At 7.30 I got lime free sugar jello with sushi cocoa powder..
At 8 pm drink more water
For dinner at 9 I have tuna with mayo..
Before sleeping I had herbal tea.
That's it usually I have egg for breakfast, chicken or meat for lunch and tun or burger for dinner as sanjak I have a little cheddar or mozzarella cheese w butter some times and I used olive oil and coconut oil.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

I wonder if you are getting enough calories ~ Are you hungry between meals? On Atkins 72 induction, you must eat when you're hungry, and stop when you're not.... Is your chicken skinless, your meat choices lean? That could also be part of the problem.... you need to make sure that you are getting enough fat in your diet
Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #335
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimuae View Post
I wonder if you are getting enough calories ~ Are you hungry between meals? On Atkins 72 induction, you must eat when you're hungry, and stop when you're not.... Is your chicken skinless, your meat choices lean? That could also be part of the problem.... you need to make sure that you are getting enough fat in your diet
First of all Thanks for your reply, ya my chicken is skinless and the meat is lean I feel hungry sometimes and I got chedder cheese with butter or 2 fat bomb which is iced cube of coconut oil w butter & cocoa powder and stivia.before I started Atkins 72 I was eat some macadamia or almond also but it seems not allow now
Can you help me how can I increase my fat and is that OK even with my hypothyroid? And please can I know when can I eat coconut? And when can I add almond flour? Thanks again
Old 02-27-2014, 09:27 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

No problem.... I do not know much about hypothyroid, so I cannot address that, but I would say you should eat as much as you are hungry for, not limit yourself, but eat only the foods in the plan for a week.... have dark meat chicken with the skin on, and enjoy a fatty cut of meat - rib-eye steak, pork steak, bacon... do not fear the fat.. Protein can act a lot like carbs when you cut out the fat. Have you had a chance to read Atkins 72? There is also a very neat book out called "Fat Fast Cookbook" - It gives a really great overview of why this process works. You can get a sample of the book on Amazon for kindle. The sample is pretty interesting reading and reinforces how and why the diet works. Best part is, you do not have to have a kindle to receive it, you can add a "reader" to your PC at no cost

God gives the best to those who leave the choice to him.

March Goals:
Walking / 85 mi / 92

April Goals:
Walking / 95 mi
Old 02-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #337
Junior LCF Member

Nimuea, thanks dear for helping I know I have to eat fat but I'm afraid little bit cause I'm hypothyroidism which make my body slow in metabolism and burn. I'll try to add some far
Old 03-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #338
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: OICU812
Atkins 72 only allows small portions of aged, hard cheese; may want to look at your cheese consumption. I tried the "new" induction with poor results, went on '72 and have lost 8 lbs in a week and a half.
OICU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:54 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Atkins 72 only allows small portions of aged, hard cheese; may want to look at your cheese consumption. I tried the "new" induction with poor results, went on '72 and have lost 8 lbs in a week and a half.
I agree with OICU812, I'm doing A'72 (with daily kcals between 1200-1400 and 6 grams of carbs) and can't handle the cheese or the nuts -- they stall me or give me cravings for those toxic, poisonous carbs -- so I avoid them...

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote