Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #271
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: corny
Stats: 187/168/145
WOE: Atkins (2002)
Start Date: 11/24/2012
^Ladydee, have you had your thyroid numbers looked at?
corny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #272
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mewt
Like many of you I'm on the induction and it's been two weeks and instead of losing I've actually put weight on. It does feel like a kick in the pants cause I actually feel like this week I lost something, clothes felt slightly looser.

My typical meals are-

Breakfast- Coffee and 2 1/2 table spoons of Greek yoghurt
Snack- 5 strawberries and 8 rasberries (if we have).
Lunch- Omlette with half a has avocardo
Dinner - Red/White meat depending and some veggies (spinach, carrot, green caps)

Then for snack if I do get hungry during the day it's usually a small slice of cheese. And I do drink coffee/water/tea through out the whole day.
mewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewt View Post
Like many of you I'm on the induction and it's been two weeks and instead of losing I've actually put weight on. It does feel like a kick in the pants cause I actually feel like this week I lost something, clothes felt slightly looser.

My typical meals are-

Dinner - Red/White meat depending and some veggies (spinach, carrot, green caps)

Then for snack if I do get hungry during the day it's usually a small slice of cheese. And I do drink coffee/water/tea through out the whole day.
most of what you are eating is not on The Induction plan. You can't have yogurt, no berries or fruit of any sort, no carrots either. Carrots are high in Carbs as are fruits and yogurts. Have you read the induction food list? It will give you a complete list of foods you can eat on induction
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/233/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart June 3 2013
Quote:

My typical meals are-

I agree with Skinnurse. Way tooo many carbs for induction. Try celery and ranch for snack. or ham and cheese roll ups. yogurt is a no-no as are berries. Have your omelette for breakfast and a great cobb salad for lunch. try to stay around 1200 - 1500 calories for the first two weeks. Good luck! I'm on week two. posting my meals in another forum. I just started this site but have done the diet with great success a few years ago.
luvleliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #275
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lisaTX94
I was on Atkins about two years ago and dropped 32 pounds in 3 months! I walked ALOT and did Atkins is why I had lost so quickly. I felt so good then went back into bad habits. Now is not so bad as far as how much weight I have to lose (19) pounds. But it seems harder to take it off.. I have dropped 5 pounds in two weeks. I think my problem is I ordered the KFC grilled chicken twice this week and believe the sodium count it too much because my face swells a little. So got to cut it out! My advice? Stick with it because this does work and you will feel so much better after the first few weeks!
lisaTX94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sprite
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2012
I started Atkins on Jan. 1st 2012. I made sure I measured all parts of my body carefully and documented with plans to measure on the 1st of every month after.
I stayed on Induction for the 1st 3 weeks.
I lost 16 lbs and 26 3/4 inches all over my body with NO exercise in January!!!
February 6 lbs loss and 10 1/4 inches total lost. (DH bought me two boxes of S/F Valentine choc which were added almost daily to my diet, but never over two pieces) slowed me down. Week 4 of February, I added HIIT Treadmill workouts 3-4 x per week and Total Gym for 6 minute per day every other day.
I started adding carbs back to my diet and stalled and stopped losing totally. After two weeks of doing that, I decided to go right back to Induction and start again. I have this week lost three more lbs., and feel fantastic.

What I can see so far is this, Atkins is not for everyone. Everyone's bodies are so differen't. I am one of the lucky ones that it works for. Thankfully.
When I started, I had 100.5 inches to loose and 82 lbs to loose. I am determined to win this time around.
The 1 minute muffin is my new friend!! Thanks to all for great recipes and inspiration

I even swayed a bit from the strictness of this phase by eating a couple of bars and adding shakes every once in awhile.

I was laughing reading some of the posts because I looked at my breakfast yesterday and thought silently to myself how weird my breakfasts have become LOL....too funny!

Last edited by Sprite; 03-08-2012 at 07:27 PM..
Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #277
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mkbrummer
Stats: 333/313/180
Start Date: 2/26/2012
newbie and getting a bit discouraged.

I started Adkins Induction 2 weeks ago and 2 days.
The first week I went from 318 down to 312, wow I was so happy. Second week I fluctuated from about 312 down to 308, I cheated this past weekend, because like alot of people when we celebrate we celebrate with food. NOW today the scale says I weigh 314. UGGHHHH.

I am eating low carb low cal, trying to stay under 1200 cals a day and 20 carbs a day.

Today I have had a Atkins meal bar, a boiled egg, and a slim jim. For dinner tonight we will be eating turkey, green beans, and salad.
The last two weeks meals have consisted of this.
Breakfast - Atkins shake or bar
Lunch - deli meat, cheese, cucumber or celery or edamame
snack - pepperoni slices (microwaved) or homemade parmesan crisps
dinner - some kind of meat and salad and veggies.

Am I doing something wrong should it come off faster or am I not being realistic.
Also, I work out at least 3 times a week, about 500 calories per workout.
I weigh everyday which I know I should stop doing but it makes me feel in control.

mkbrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #278
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ihopethisworks
NEWBIE- KETOSIS Q

Ive been in ketosis since 2 days into my induction (week 2). Ive been eating 1 shake and 2 advantage bars daily and it hasnt affected my ketosis. does this mean im ok to continue this way? i read on here that they are bad for you (I was conned by the labelling!) ive only lost about 2lbs but i do feel like im leaning out on my upper body (apple shape). My potbelly and waist measurements remain the same. I have 14lbs to lose.

Should i continue the shakes or not?
ihopethisworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #279
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
It is always best to eat real food when on induction. Eating meats and veggies. The bars can stall you. People who exercise a lot can get away with eating them without it affecting their weight loss. If you find your weight loss is slow you most definately need to back off on them. The shake shouldn't slow your loss down however.. Just the bars.
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thealything
Stats: 238/196/138 5'7"
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: restart March '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbrummer View Post
I started Adkins Induction 2 weeks ago and 2 days.
The first week I went from 318 down to 312, wow I was so happy. Second week I fluctuated from about 312 down to 308, I cheated this past weekend, because like alot of people when we celebrate we celebrate with food. NOW today the scale says I weigh 314. UGGHHHH.

I am eating low carb low cal, trying to stay under 1200 cals a day and 20 carbs a day.

Today I have had a Atkins meal bar, a boiled egg, and a slim jim. For dinner tonight we will be eating turkey, green beans, and salad.
The last two weeks meals have consisted of this.
Breakfast - Atkins shake or bar
Lunch - deli meat, cheese, cucumber or celery or edamame
snack - pepperoni slices (microwaved) or homemade parmesan crisps
dinner - some kind of meat and salad and veggies.

Am I doing something wrong should it come off faster or am I not being realistic.
Also, I work out at least 3 times a week, about 500 calories per workout.
I weigh everyday which I know I should stop doing but it makes me feel in control.

hey dude. what I think is that you should give it a CLEAN induction. two weeks, with absolutely no cheats, no non-induction foods (like edamame) and no bars/shakes/weird chemical products. cheating is going to slow down weight loss for sure because it kicks you out of ketosis and it will take another 2-3 days just to get back in. that will mess up your weight loss for the week, even if you don't gain weight for the week..

if you are not following the diet as written then you are not giving it a chance to work for you!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #281
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Siren
Stats: 189/171/125
Yes it does!

Just for the folks on here who take meds:

Lamictal makes you gain.
Wellbutrin can make you gain (some people lose!)
Lithium apparently makes you balloon; I told my doctor "NO!!" to that.
The Depo-shot can make you gain.
Ambien CR seems to not change my weight.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Don't be afraid to talk to your MD or Psychiatrist about being on a diet and not wanting to take medications that make you gain
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracyhoch
Stats: 218.8/198.2/175 5'8"
Start Date: 04/18/12
slow but more purple

I thought I would have lost at least 5 pounds within the first 8 days, but no. I have lost 2. I used a ketone strip this evening and take some consolation in knowing it is more purple than it was yesterday, so tomorrow will be better, right? I have been following the rules strictly so the weight's GOTTA go, right? Ugh. Go Purple.
tracyhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracyhoch
Stats: 218.8/198.2/175 5'8"
Start Date: 04/18/12
DAYS 1-7 : 2 POUND TOTAL LOSS

DAY 8 - 4 POUNDS LOSS

I don't know how I lost 4 pounds in one day,

but I'm so happy.
A TOTAL OF 6 POUNDS DOWN!! 54 TO GO...
tracyhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #284
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stone-chick
Stats: 178/171/135
Start Date: April 23, 2012
I am new here. I would like to lose about 35 pounds, but find I am not losing anything. I am in Ketosis, but have been using the Atkins products. I drink vast amounts of water every day to combat the dry mouth. I exercise about 3 hours a week.

I am going to discontinue the Atkins bars, and try that. I hope it works.
stone-chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:22 AM   #285
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Drop those Atkins products for now.. You are on induction which means clean eating. Eat mainly meats and veggies and lots of water.. I think the Atkins bars are holding you back.. The shakes not so much but it is better to be safe.. Save those products till you are closer to goal. I am betting if you do this you will find you will suddenly start seeing a lot of weightloss.. Good luck and if you need help always feel free to ask!!!

Atkins works!! I am proof of that!!

cheri
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #286
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gdub
Stats: 274/274/199
WOE: Modded Atkins
Start Date: 7/18/14
What is Ketosis? Im in my 2nd and the weight isnt coming off like id like it to. Im going to go at this hardcore for the next 2 weeks and see what happens.
Gdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #287

Gallery: Divinexheirocity
Stats: 186/175/170
Start Date: 5/21/2012
Loosely, ketosis is when your body has transitioned from using/burning carbs for your energy/fuel and is NOW using/burning your stored fat. I have ketosis strips that you pee on (haha) and they gauge your level of ketosis. Some swear by them, some say they can be inaccurate. There's lots of info about ketosis online too

Also - I noticed your WOE says "modded atkins" so maybe to see the max loss you can, do straight clean hardcore induction for a while and see if that improves your losses?
Divinexheirocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #288
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hawkeye
Stats: 275/265/175
Start Date: June 12th, 2012
Quote:

My typical meals are-

Even though this is old, I'm not even sure if the fruits/veggies were the problem. It doesn't look like it's much over 20 carbs (if at all).

The problem I would think is that it looks like the person was only consuming like 800 calories per day. I'm no expert, but that definitely seems like they aren't getting enough fats, protein, or calories.

No idea what the person's weight was, but if like alot of people here who started around 200 - I would think they should be consuming like 1500 calories a day.

Last edited by Hawkeye; 06-15-2012 at 08:19 PM..
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #289
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jax'sMAMA
Stats: 168.8
Start Date: 06/01/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135by3/09/07 View Post
i would just like to get through the first 2 week. that would make me so proud of myself. I know I will do it this time after about 50 tries. the most cheat free days I have ever had is 7 last week 5. and when I cheat I really cheat. I cant be fat anymore I am 29 and very unhappy with my life in general. My excess weight has got to go. so I am on day 2 for the (too many to count time) and I dont plan to ever do day 2 again. somebody pray for me please. cant do another year FAT
I have cheated before too, but if you do not go over board and have just a little of what you are eating (excluding bread) I have always been back in Ketosis in a few hours.. So cheat if you need to, but dont over do it.
Jax'sMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #290
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: renedlb
help

Where can I find a list of induction approved foods??

Rene'
renedlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neezie
Stats: 238.2/getting smaller!/130
Start Date: July 2012
Hi All,
I started induction on July 4th. It seems to have really helped my hypoglycemia but I am not losing really at all. My clothes and rings seem to be getting bigger. I am one of those people who typically barely loses on a 1200 calorie diet. I have been trying every diet under the sun since I ballooned up in 2004, with very little success. I did lose 30 pounds once on Atkins about a decade ago very easily. My thyroid is normal, but I do have adrenal fatigue. Also, in week two of induction, I STILL have induction flu.

Any tips, hints? I am having flax muffins made with flax, eggs, sour cream, cream cheese. Also, cheesecake made with cream cheese, eggs, stevia. Could any of these things be stalling me? The flax helps keep me regular.

Thanks!
Neezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fluffy
Stats: 237.4/232.4/128
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/21/13
Neezie, I have lost 16 lbs in my first 4 weeks and I am staying on induction. I would have lost more except I cheated twice. I don't know if this will work but I can tell you what I do. I don't eat any muffins. I don't eat the low carb cheesecake. In fact I really don't crave dessert at all. I found that keeping with the basics is best. Like fried eggs in butter w/bacon or sausage. No extras. Lunch: Hot wings w/ blue cheese (make sure the hot wing sauce is low in carbs, sugar, check the nutrition counts on menus before going out. For dinner: steak that has fat in it and small amount of veggies (sometimes I skip veggies because they have carbs) Also take a multi vitamin. Try leaving out the muffins and cheesecake see if that helps. Go a good two weeks solid with fats and protein, a few veggies, and your multi vitamin. Hope this helps.
Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Fluffy,
Thanks so so much! I will try this! It makes sense. Crazy question. How do you stay regular? Without the flax muffins, I don't er...go to the bathroom. Also, do you have any cheese?

Last edited by Neezie; 07-23-2012 at 09:29 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Neezie, I do eat cheese but not a lot of cheese. Usually drinking enough water will flush anything out but I take a cleanser supplement if I feel like things aren't moving fast enough.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Fluffy! Will try that.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I'd be more concerned with cheese, sour cream, cream cheese etc..as far as stalling goes..

But Flax is SO GOOD..it's like all Fiber! How can that stall someone?
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

HI Betty I have no ideas on how a flax muffin could stall anyone as I have never had one. I was only sharing with Neezie what has worked for me because I have fortunately been losing weight consistantly. Just sharing what has worked for me. Looks like you are doing well. I know that I am enjoying this WOE alot and I have much more energy for my kids than I have ever had before
Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #298
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: iamrebecca
Stats: 384/347.4/135
Start Date: 02/06/2012
7 Months on Induction

I have been on induction since February. I started induction at 384lbs. and now I weigh 305lbs. It's great progress...except that I have been at 305 for a month. I found out that I should be doing total carbs versus net carbs. I also found out from Dr. Westman (one of the authors of DANDR) that there were some foods that I need to restrict and I have made those changes. Now that I have been in "true" induction per se for the past twelve days, I still haven't lost a single ounce. It is so frustrating. I don't consume caffeine, no artificial sweeteners, I don't make any substitute desserts or breads. I drink 1.5 gallons of water every day. I exercise 4-5 days a week (25 min. of cardio and 45 mins. of strength training each time). I cannot imagine what I am doing wrong and what I am missing. Any suggestions?
iamrebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurel
Stats: 188/168/135
Start Date: 7/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrebecca View Post
I have been on induction since February. I started induction at 384lbs. and now I weigh 305lbs. It's great progress...except that I have been at 305 for a month. I found out that I should be doing total carbs versus net carbs. I also found out from Dr. Westman (one of the authors of DANDR) that there were some foods that I need to restrict and I have made those changes. Now that I have been in "true" induction per se for the past twelve days, I still haven't lost a single ounce. It is so frustrating. I don't consume caffeine, no artificial sweeteners, I don't make any substitute desserts or breads. I drink 1.5 gallons of water every day. I exercise 4-5 days a week (25 min. of cardio and 45 mins. of strength training each time). I cannot imagine what I am doing wrong and what I am missing. Any suggestions?
I know that this may not be "good" advice, but I have read that taking an off day or two and eating like a normal person and then going back to induction levels will sometimes kick-start your metabolism and get your body out of the rut it's in.
Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #300
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meridethx
feel like I'm doing it all right; why won't the scale move?

Like many other posters, I've lost the first 10 and then nothing the last two weeks. I'm eating my greens, taking in 20-25 carbs daily, working out regularly, eating the full fat stuff. The only wavering is two packets of truvia in morning coffee and an occasional sugar free jello or diet gingerale. I'm not even eating the atkins bars or shakes, just meals prepared from atkins cookbooks.

I'm eating 1100 - 1400 calories a day; drinking my water... whathttps://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/images/smilies/help_2011.gif's my next step?
meridethx is offline   Reply With Quote