Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I guess i want to lose weight more than eating I no after 1 week iam just not hungry,I don't have kids at home to tempt me either.its a mind set.
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #602
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Black Betty
Stats: 180/164/145, 5'10"
WOE: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free
Start Date: August 2011
I've been (trying to) drink a heavy cream latte for lunch during the week. However, the Starbucks by my work keeps using half and half instead of heavy cream. It's frustrating and that basically doubles the carbs. I like having one simple drink for lunch instead of paying too much for shrimp from Long John Silver's or a burger from A&W. I'll splurge on a Johnny Rockets burger tomorrow (double bacon cheeseburger, no bun or fixings, fried egg on top, mmmm), but I'll have to man up on Monday and let them know they can't keep screwing me on this.

Last edited by Black Betty; 08-09-2012 at 01:31 PM..
Black Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #603
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mybobalu
Stats: 307/297/124
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2012
I did really well at first

Then I got overconfident and started drinking too much wine. Before I knew it I was right back where I started. I'm trying to just start over.
mybobalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: juhanna
Stats: 197/184/122
WOE: atkins induction
Start Date: 6th August 2012
@mybobalu
I keep on telling myself when I fall I shall pick up my bones and continue walking, and it happened to me, lost maybe around 15lb and then around jan droped of the game and put back twice as much, because I was trying to cheat myself that I am on low carb, when I wasn't, so I was stuffing myself with low carb and carb.. until one day I happned to see myself on mirror and I didn't recognice myself anymore and I cried, so I kikicked myself on butt and started from the very beginning and trying to never go back.
I can do it, you can do it, we all can do it, just keep on going, we may fall many times but what matters is that we raise back up and keep on going. xx

end of september 179lb 82kg
end of october 174lb 79kg
end of november 169lb 77kg
end of december 164lb 75kg

juhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #605
Senior LCF Member

@blackbetty
can you make one for yourself at home in a thermos mug and take along perhaps?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyhoch View Post
50 by 60: I ordered the book, "eat fat, get thin." I am interested in learning how these diets work, so I can better informed choices. I"m on day 8 of induxction. And I've lost 6 pounds! SO happy. Maybe the basco had DID make me retain water. I have't had any since.
Is it wrong if I skip salads for a day or two? In other words, if my only intake is protein, is that alright or is it necessary to get those salad carbs in for the diet to work ?
well, we are all different and there is noe exact amount of this, or that, that works best. those few carbs are quite nessecary for your bowl to work, or you might find it quite hard to go toilet after a while..
Me personally have lost 1lb a day, by sticking to a routin, of eating 3 regular meals a day, 2 first once containing 1/2 a cup lettuce, or 1/2 cup broccoli. with breakfast and lunch, I've had one cup of coffe with 2 tbs double cream, no sugar, or sweeteners. I've waited prox. halfn hour foor food to settle in and after that I've had half a litre mineral water with eyes and squeeze of lemon if I felt like it. And once a day I've made it to a routine to go for a walk, for about 20-30min.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #607
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sophboph
Atkins induction

Hi, I started on monday 13th and now its sunday the 19th and i dont feel any difference whatsoever. While on the atkins induction i am also working out at the gym. I have been strict on myself, its been 6 whole days and nothing has fallen off. I am not big but have pockets of fat here and there. I wonder is it my body chemistry? Do i have alot of stored glucose? My biggest worry is will I lose weight in the second upcoming week. Help please!!!!!
Sophboph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #608
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: batnik
ok 6 week low carb, no loss here either.
I have not been calculating ratio % though, how do you do this?
I don't want to have to get my calculator out and spend time googling every food before I eat. I guess I should buy the atkins book?
and what are these ketosis strips?
Where do you buy them?
And how do you know if you are damaging your body by ketosis, many places seem to indicate ketosis as a negative state and risking your health.
Thanks for your help,
Also discouraged, and wondering why I am not eating pasta if it seems to be a calories issue? sigh'...
I generally eat a few eggs, some meat, veg, a serving of fruit, cream in my coffee, occasional cheese, only occasional stevia or xylitol (which shouldn't affect BS)
I do drink a few red wines/ scotches a few times a week.
But seriously, can't we have any fun?!
My gain was due to medication, but that was now 6 years ago.... :-S
batnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #609
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: batnik
And why is loads of butter ok or heavy cream, but not cheese?
and why is this so complicated? LOL
batnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #610
Senior LCF Member

This is my second time around and I learned from the mistakes I did at first round.
Like, FRUITS are no no, especially in induction weeks, they are full of sugar!!
Start the LC life style by, following it exact for the first two weeks, count everything you eat, get the book if you feel last to calculate your carbs in the net. Although ******.com has actually really good calculator for all your activities and nutrition.
You might need to start adding a bit olive oil, or virgin coconut oil in your foods, and over all keep veggies and salad only max 3 cups a day. All together max 10-15 carbs.
Eggs and bacon are really good induction food, you can make omelettes, one minute muffins, boiled egg, sausages.. if you can afford steak, if not maybe tuna salad with olives look around different threads to see what other ppl eat!
Eat regularly every 4 hrs (very important). Drink a lots of water, I drink prox 1.5 litres of water a day.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #611
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rayman526
carb ideas to change things up

This is an awsome site hope I can help as well as get help love to be motivated and love to motivate so I might seem a little cheesy sometimes but I am being real! I am tired of the egg whites chicken dont do beef plenty of salads, just looking for new ideas.

Raymonds thought: I enjoy chicken wings and found out that at wild buffalo wings most of the sauces have 1 carb, which is awsome so I make them at home exept on tues nights 50 cent wings! I also have tried to coat boneless chicken with pork rinds havent perfected but work in progress, anyone need motivational words just text me, since I will ask the same from you all. I started at about 248 down to 225 and hoping for an even 200!
rayman526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #612
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChrisF
Start Date: August 18, 2012
It was good to read some of this stuff. I dropped 10 pounds in my first single WEEK of induction (learned in the past that I basically have to stay at induction levels of carb), and then -- nothing here at the end of Week 2. It's good to be reminded that that's normal for this WOE.

Meanwhile: I feel TONS better than I did 2 weeks ago. Those carbs we're not stuffing ourselves with anymore? They tend to cause inflammation throughout the body. I can attest to having far less general body aches/pains since getting back to Atkins. I'm taking a LOT less ibuprofen now. Also, the loss of water-weight is nothing to sneeze at... if you tend to retain water, dumping that makes you feel like a new person, truly.

Also... last time I did this, we didn't have The Miracle Food, Flax Meal! I've found SO many great things to do with it that mimic bread... waiting to try a cracker recipe I found, and those one-minute microwave muffins are beyond yummy. Pancakes, too. Flax is good for you and has ZERO net carbs after you subtract the fiber -- AND it keeps you regular, often a problem with Atkins. I even made flax cookies one night, mixing in a little almond flour.

Also, we didn't have liquid Splenda -- marvelous stuff. I can't see ever going back to aspartame, and I've consumed aspartame pretty much every day since it hit the market... in my coffee at the very least. Didn't even give it up the last time I did Atkins, like 15 years ago -- it took me about 8 months to lose 30 pounds. Might've gone better if I'd ditched the aspartame, who knows. (Oh, and after 5 months eating this way, my bloodwork was STUNNINGLY good; the nurse who was all prepped to lecture me for doing Atkins for 5 months nearly fainted and said she'd never seen triglycerides as low as mine.)

I'm rarely really hungry, I'm not craving anything, and I feel great. Even if I don't drop another ounce... this is clearly the way I need to be eating.

The scale's not everything. It's FAR from everything. Keep the faith.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #613
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Skyehawk
Start Date: August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1234 View Post
im sitting here eating a big bowl of spinach bc i cannot stand these lower leg aches any longer... its constant now (i mean, it will fade and get stronger throughout the day but its every day) and i posted a thread about it and someone said it was from low potassium. well i take the 99mg potassium supplements now and a multivitamin and it didnt do anything. so tonight i have a huge test to study for and i already know i wont be able to concentrate so im eating the spinach hoping it will help could the aches be caused by anything else?? has anyone had this consistently? i think im going to post this in a couple places...
Hi everyone! I'm new and I'm really enjoying the forums here and the inspiring posts from all of you.
I just want to add my comment on the leg cramps. Tonic water works for them really well. It contains quinine which is what doctors used to give patients with heart problems that had leg cramps. About an ounce at bedtime or whenever you have the problem and and works nicely. Be sure and mix it with Koolaid or Crystal Light because it tastes awful.
Skyehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #614
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KSerian
Stats: 177/171/135-140
Start Date: 9/9/12
Not losing much on induction.... eating lower fat meat due to IBS

Ok, I got on the scale on Wednesday and had lost 4.6lbs, then got on the scale the next day (after making sure I was being strick) & I gained ... Now total loss is 3lbs at best.. I did atkins before and lost a tremendous amount of weight during induction. It was very encouraging. I haven't been eating as much "fatty" food this time, I've been eating more grilled chicken as I like it in salad. Do I need to increase my fat? I know. 3lbs in a week isn't bad but I feel like it's all water weight as I was in PMS when I started. I usually lose that a few days after getting my period...

I'm not a big fan of "fatty" meat as it bothers my stomach (IBS) just doing induction caused enough problems with the IBS... I think things are starting to settle down, maybe increase fat slowly??? anyone with suggestions??

Last edited by KSerian; 09-15-2012 at 06:16 AM..
KSerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #615
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nic0921
Questions...questions...and MORE questions...lol

Hello! I'm just starting out and have tons of questions! LOL. I'm mostly eating eggs, meat and cheese. I get a little scared about vegetables though...what can I have? A salad? If so, what kind of dressing? I've looked at ingredients and they have sugar...which is bad...right?

Another thing is, besides water...what can I drink? Is plain lipton tea ok?

Sorry about all the questions!!
Nic0921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #616
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TJMountainJoy
Start Date: Sept. 2012
I have been stalled for about 2 weeks now. Started induction beginning of Sept. lots 10lbs during first 2 weeks. Then even though the stick is turning purple I just go up and down within 5 of those lost pounds. No diff in eating. I too remeber doing low carb when younger and lost lots of weight, now.... not so much. Will stick with it as my belly has gone down and I do feel better, just was expecting better results. : (
TJMountainJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMountainJoy View Post
I too remeber doing low carb when younger and lost lots of weight, now.... not so much. Will stick with it as my belly has gone down and I do feel better, just was expecting better results. : (
I don't know too much about it but, based on what I've read, you might benefit by googling some information on "glycogen storage."

Apparently, if you've successfully cut your carbohydrates on a previous diet, your body might change its capacity to store glycogen when you raise your carb level after reaching your goal. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some athletes cycle between very-low-carbohydrate diets and higher-carbohydrate diets to intentionally increase their glycogen storage capacity in order to have a larger glycogen reserve to draw from.

The liver responds quickly to carbohydrate restriction, and readily releases its glycogen stores. But the amount of glycogen that muscles release when carbohydrates are restricted is determined by activity. If the dieter is less active, the muscles will release glycogen at a slower pace. From what I've read, holding on to the muscle glycogen stores for a longer period of time won't keep the dieter from getting into ketosis because muscle glycogen is reserved by the muscles for their exclusive use, while the brain will immediately increase its need for ketones once glucose becomes scarce. But because glycogen is mostly water, a dieter that is holding on to muscle glycogen stores might seem to be losing at a slower rate than a dieter whose muscles readily release glycogen.

For a person who returns a second time to a low carb diet in order to reduce bodyfat, the body's change in its glycogen-storage management means that person may have different results the next time he or she does the same program. Glycogen storage isn't just about storing glucose and water, it affects a wide range of hormonal and metabolic factors. According to what I've read, this doesn't mean you'll necessarily have *worse* results the second time around. It just means your weight loss pattern might be quite different.

Your body *learned* something new the first time you significantly cut carbs, depleted glycogen, and lost weight. Now, you have to see what that *lesson* means to the way your body now addresses fat burning during a period of carbohydrate restriction. If you do some additional research, you can find more detailed information than I'm able to give you.

Or, it could be something as simple as the fact that your metabolism has probably changed since you've gotten older...

Good luck!
Trillex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #618
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 1DStyles
Gained close to 2lbs on induction after weight loss in wk 1

Lost 20lbs the first 6 days on induction. Stalled and it's day 11 now.
When I did lose all the weight here is what I was eating but it stopped working so I switched up the menu.

Breakfast:
4 boiled egg whites, 1/2 c spinach, 1/4 avocado

Lunch:
1 chicken breast, 1C lettuce, 1/2 C cucumber, EVOO, salt

Dinner:
1 chicken breast, 1/2 c green bell pepper

SWITCHED UP MENU
Breakfast:
3 eggs fried in 1T butter, 1/2 c red bell pepper

Lunch:
Low sodium tuna, 2T mayonnaise (0 carb), 1/4 c celery, 1t onion powder
1/2 c cauliflower with 1oz cream cheese

Dinner:
5oz lean steak wrapped in 1 piece of bacon (fud no sugar bacon)
1/2 c cauliflower with 2T mayonnaise

Snack: 2oz pork rinds, 2 slices of cheese, had to have 1T of flax seed

No splenda, no stevia, no artificial sugars, nothing to drink but water. i drink around 1 gallon of water a day. I space my meals out and do not eat after 7pm. I do not season or put salt/pepper on anything if it's not listed I didn't use it. I've also been irregular and haven't had a "real" bm in like 5 days now. So what am I eating wrong?
1DStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #619
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: prncessrkp
Stats: Post baby bf-ing gain 205.6/148, Now 168.0
WOE: Atkins / VLC
Start Date: re-start 8/1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DStyles View Post
Lost 20lbs the first 6 days on induction. Stalled and it's day 11 now.
When I did lose all the weight here is what I was eating but it stopped working so I switched up the menu.

Breakfast:
4 boiled egg whites, 1/2 c spinach, 1/4 avocado

Lunch:
1 chicken breast, 1C lettuce, 1/2 C cucumber, EVOO, salt

Dinner:
1 chicken breast, 1/2 c green bell pepper

SWITCHED UP MENU
Breakfast:
3 eggs fried in 1T butter, 1/2 c red bell pepper

Lunch:
Low sodium tuna, 2T mayonnaise (0 carb), 1/4 c celery, 1t onion powder
1/2 c cauliflower with 1oz cream cheese

Dinner:
5oz lean steak wrapped in 1 piece of bacon (fud no sugar bacon)
1/2 c cauliflower with 2T mayonnaise

Snack: 2oz pork rinds, 2 slices of cheese, had to have 1T of flax seed

No splenda, no stevia, no artificial sugars, nothing to drink but water. i drink around 1 gallon of water a day. I space my meals out and do not eat after 7pm. I do not season or put salt/pepper on anything if it's not listed I didn't use it. I've also been irregular and haven't had a "real" bm in like 5 days now. So what am I eating wrong?
That's a good menu. But you have to realize that you loss 20 lbs in just a few days!!! That's incredible and it's also a lot more than most people. Just because you haven't lost any more lbs does NOT mean that you are stalled. You have to be stuck at the same number for Weeks for it to be considered a stall. Your body is simply shrinking down to adjust for the weight loss. That takes time. Don't give. Just stick to what you're doing and the numbers will start to move again once you body is ready.

When my numbers used to stick, I was losing inches instead of lbs. So don't be discouraged.

Also make sure you are drinking tons of water to flush all those toxins out! And try to add fiber to help you with your bathroom issues

Last edited by prncessrkp; 10-18-2012 at 10:31 AM..
prncessrkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #620
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NVN8IVE
Besides the ketosis strips, how can you tell if you are in ketosis? BTW, I am in week 10 of Atkins diet, and am down 18lbs. Happy with that, fo sho!
NVN8IVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #621
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sarge
Stats: 245/211/200
WOE: Atkins 20-25 carbs
Start Date: Apr 01, 2006
Personally, I have never used ketosis strips and have had (and am currently having) great success with Atkins. Lost 45 lbs on my first experience with Atkins about 5 years about while stationed in Alaska. Started again 10 days ago, down 8.8 lbs as of today. I use a IPhone App called Weightbot to track weight my progress.

Here are some of the signs according to myself and other websites.

1. I never am hungry when I wake up in the morning.
2. I have found the grogginess of the morning goes away extremely quickly vs before.
3. I have to time my meals because I am rarely hungry throughout the day.
4. Increased thrist (I can vouch for that). I normally have about ten 12 oz bottles of different flavors of Crystal Light in my fridge at any given time. I go through about 4-5 bottles a day. Crystal Light Peach Mango Green Tea = YUM!
5. Some sites say bad breath is a sign and drinking lots of water will lessen that effect. They say brushing and flossing does not help.
6. Frequent urination, your muscles are releasing water and of course increased water comsumption.
7. Some sites say your urine turns darker. I take 2 muti-vitamins a day so I cannot confirm that.
8. For the first few days after starting induction, you will have brain fog and tiredness, but will then be hit with a burst of energy (it took me 4 days after starting induction). I actually jog twice a week for 3 miles a day on less than 20 carbs a day.
9. Some claim there are mood swings. I have not noticed that. Of course, I feel better than before which makes me happier. Is that a mood swing? :P

Last edited by Sarge; 10-25-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #622
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sailigator
gaining weight in induction

I started this diet last Saturday and weighed myself and I've gained 3 pounds. I got some ketostix on tuesday and they always show that I am in ketosis. I generally eat 2 eggs with cheese for breakfast, some form of meat and brocoli for lunch and dinner, and a string cheese for a snack. What should I be doing?
sailigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #623
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mintdrops22
Hello Friends,,,,
Today is my day 2 of atkins induction plan.I am little confused if whatever I am eating is the right kind of food and diet for weight loss.Every little help will count.Sharing my diet plan,please advice..
Breakfast
3 egg omelette with one TBSP olive oil
Pre Lunch
150 grams of iceberg lettuce
Lunch
4.8 oz of chicken(weighed raw)
broccoli 90 grams frozen and thawed in microwave later mixed with chicken
1 babtbell cheese(purple)
1 TBSP olive oil
evening
3 egg omelette
1/2 cup mushrooms
1TBSP olive oil
150 grams lettuce
Dinner
Chicken 4 oz
1/4 cups redd bellpeppers
1/2 cup onions
1TBSP olive oil
My concern right now is if i am takin too much oil.and if i can use olive to make omelettes or need someother fat,as olive oil is not good for deep cooking
please help and guide
also i made some slight variations on day too
breakfast consisted of 2 egg omelette instead of 3 and i added another babybell cheese
R
mintdrops22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #624
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meridethx
feel like I'm doing it all right; why won't the scale move?

Like many other posters, I've lost the first 10 and then nothing the last two weeks. I'm eating my greens, taking in 20-25 carbs daily, working out regularly, eating the full fat stuff. The only wavering is two packets of truvia in morning coffee and an occasional sugar free jello or diet gingerale. I'm not even eating the atkins bars or shakes, just meals prepared from atkins cookbooks.

I'm eating 1100 - 1400 calories a day; drinking my water... what's my next step?
meridethx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #625
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 198/198/130
Start Date: 9/30/12
I NEED AN INDUCTION BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEED AN INDUCTION BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just joined Low Carb Friends. I am on day 37 of Atkins and I have not lost one pound. In fact my clothes are tighter and I have never looked fatter in my entire life. I just went to a family reunion and had hoped that the last 37 days would yield a bit of weight loss and confidence in seeing cousins and relatives I havent seen in many years.
No such luck.
I just had to kind of fake it with the confidence. I have many things to be confident and proud of other than my body but I am really feeling stuck in obesity.
I need a buddy to go through induction with because it seems I am going to have to be on this for a few months.
I have PCOS, insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome. I am 71 lbs overweight and I am only 5'1".
I know you are out there, buddy...contact me!!!
The Final Countdow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #626
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kila Lee
Stats: 126/126/110
Start Date: January 2010
I am starting induction tomorrow.

My plan:
coffee
cream
eggs

Lunch: chicken
Snack: Veggie smoothie
Dinner: salmon / salad
Kila Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #627
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cassy
Stats: 210/210/145
WOE: ATKINS - Induction
Start Date: 11/24/2012
Hello Everyone,
I am just getting started and happy I stopped by this post, great information.
I plan to stay on induction as long as I can I will make wise choices, like turkey bacon instead of pork bacon, and I normally work out at least 25 minutes a day.So Iwill try to up that and see how it goes.

Wish me the best ......
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #628
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BuzzB
Not losing

I've been on induction for nearly 2 months. I lost abut 5 pounds the first week and one inch. Nothing since then. I keep track of what I eat and it's no more than 20g of carbs (not net carbs, total carbs), 75% fat, about 23% protein. I stick onlly to induction foods. I limit cheese and dairy. No sugar, starch, fruit or alcohol.

I test ketones both by urine and blood. Only three times in the last two months has the blood test shown a ketosis level over 1.0

My doctor, a specialist in low carb diets, says I shouldn't be hungry but I am.

Any ideas?
BuzzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #629
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelpatel
Help needed- I need a buddy

I have been on induction for 2 weeks and lost 3 pounds and have now gained it over night.. Please can somebody help me as I jus have 1 stone to loose ASAP.

I'm feeling quite upset a the moment and feel like giving up.
Angelpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #630
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lotuslove
Thank for encouragement Charliegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I have just recently rejoined these boards after almost four years away. I did Atkins before and lost twenty pounds. (I am post-menopausal and an extremely slow loser)

I have plenty of sympathy for those of you in ketosis who are not seeing a pay-off on the scale because I have been in that situation myself. But realize that this doesn't mean you are not losing fat! One of the oddities of Atkins is that sometimes when you are losing fat, your body thinks it will keep those fat cells at the ready by filling them with water. If you look around on these boards, I'm sure you will find many references to this phenomena. Anyway, maybe my experience will help you:

I went on Atkins for the first time about four years ago. It was June 1st. I lost about four pounds in the first week of ketosis; second week two pounds; then ... nothing!
Week after week I had the bad breath and metallic taste in my mouth so I knew I was in ketosis, but the scale stayed the same. The only thing that kept me on Atkins was inertia --- I had lost most of my appetite, which was nice, and the diet was actually easier for me than my normal way of eating, as far as food prep.

Still, for two months, no weight loss, not an ounce. Then, when I had given up hope and was not even weighing my self regularly (too depressing), I suddenly lost 10 pounds! No one loses 10 pounds of fat in one week unless they are starv-ing. "Something" strange happened. The next week I lost six pounds.

When I say I lost this weight I don't mean that it came off a little at a time through the week; it was one day there and the next day gone. Since that time I have had many people tell me of similar experiences. I hope you will stick to it and stay on the diet. Think of it as an experiment in this very (in my opinion) weird way of losing weight.
I needed to hear this CG...I too am slightly post meno and know the weight won't pour off like it did on this plan 10-15 years ago. I've been in induction since Jan 1 ...I love this phase when food is soooo delish again. I lost 3 slow pounds but I also lost my sudden double chin and carb bloated stomach! I read to step on scale once a month only and go by clothes and for me how my body feels....I feel much better as far as strength and digestion. My body loves this food ....my only worry is that I will get bored of it in a few weeks ...I must learn to make interesting food or I will scream if I eat any more cheese
Lotuslove is offline   Reply With Quote