Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kameleon35
Stats: 5'5 1/2 156.8/153.4/140
WOE: Atkins (day 3 of induction)
Start Date: Restarted May 21, 2006
Ketosis...symptoms and time

I was wondering how long it takes to go into Ketosis, what the symptoms are and how many days it lasts. Today is my third day on induction and I have been really tired feeling today.
Kameleon35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2005, 05:35 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rollo3
stick with it!!

Hello there,
all I can say is that yesterday (day 4 of induction) I felt grumpy moody and flat all day, it was really hard going, but this morning I woke up feeling fantastic and full of energy!!!

Hope it gets better soon
Rollo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:03 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kameleon35
Stats: 5'5 1/2 156.8/153.4/140
WOE: Atkins (day 3 of induction)
Start Date: Restarted May 21, 2006
Thanks alot for the encouragement. How has your weight loss been going on day 4. Any luck so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo3
Hello there,
all I can say is that yesterday (day 4 of induction) I felt grumpy moody and flat all day, it was really hard going, but this morning I woke up feeling fantastic and full of energy!!!

Hope it gets better soon
Kameleon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:07 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txtravelgirl
Stats: 217.9/205/135
WOE: Pretty Much Live on SlimFast LC & Atkins Shakes
Start Date: 08/08/11
I am on day three and used one of the ketosis sticks and it said I was already in ketosis...I have had a pretty good headache for the last two days which I think is my body purging all the sugar and caffiene and wanting some more.

My mouth tastes pretty gross but other than that I do not know any symptoms and would not have know until I did the ketosis strip.

It gave me all the encouragement I needed to go a few more days!
txtravelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:08 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TXCutie
WOE: Atkins/LowCarb
I went into ketosis around day 3. Some of my symptoms are: an awful copper taste in my mouth. Always thirsty. I can't seem to get enough water to drink. I also have horrific breath. Some days I have energy, and some days I don't. I've been doing alot of house cleaning these last couple of days though, and I can't seem to sit still.
Maybe this will help you out a little bit. Any more questions, feel free to ask.
TXCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:11 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JackiCWa
Stats: 220/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: this time: June 27, 2005
Being thirsty all the time is a dead giveaway for me. And more energy.
JackiCWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:14 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rollo3
Hi again Kameleon

Well I havent weighed myself (now day 5) because I know I will let the scales rule my days, and Im not joking in the past I have allowed them to throw me in to a state of depression, sad huh! sooo I am steering clear, so far my clothes have loosened quite nicely and I feel excellent today (as I said before) when I eat sugar and wheat etc I feel as everyone seems too, sluggish and tired.
I really enjoy low carb eating, last year I did the Atkins for the first time and lost 15 pounds (goal) and maintained it for eight months, then beginning of winter this year (im in New Zealand) just started eating sugar bread noddles you name it weird and then before you know it its back again....
The first few weeks see some weird things happening symptom wise but you start to feel better and better, and the most amazing thing for me is withing a couple of weeks of low carbing last year I stopped obsessing about my weight and started to feel so so good about clothes life me etc (which really got me thinking about the unconcious way I was very negative about myself!! pretty sad really )
and it really is easy to maintain once in the maintenance phase , you forget that its a diet and it really seems to become a way of life!!!!!
This website is incredible and even though I havent been posting it seems to make you feel supported and almost challenges you not to let yourself down
(like eating that piece of cake)

anyway good luck and keep posting
Rollo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:38 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HEINO
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtravelgirl View Post
I am on day three and used one of the ketosis sticks and it said I was already in ketosis...I have had a pretty good headache for the last two days which I think is my body purging all the sugar and caffiene and wanting some more.

My mouth tastes pretty gross but other than that I do not know any symptoms and would not have know until I did the ketosis strip.

It gave me all the encouragement I needed to go a few more days!
Hi, I have been on the induction phase for 3 weeks now, I used a Ketone strip for the first time yesterday and it coloured pale pink, (lowest reading on the list),what colour must the strip go, to indicate ketosis?

sunny regards
HEINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:44 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HEINO
What colour

Hi, I have been on the induction phase for 3 weeks now, I used a Ketone strip for the first time yesterday and it coloured pale pink, (lowest reading on the list),what colour must the strip go, to indicate ketosis?

sunny regards
HEINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessrose18
Stats: 204/187/160
I have read on other threads that being in ketosis is like being pregnant or not you either are or arent and the level on the strip doesnt matter. I have been the dark purple and the lightest before most people said dark purple meant you were probably dehydrated. Not an expert though. I usually can tell if I am on the way into ketosis becuase i have to pee about 4x as often as i normally do everyday!
jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: genevieve
Stats: 282.6/267/160
WOE: atkins
Start Date: april 2010/restart 10/11/10
great loss jess rose
genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:57 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pamela C
Stats: 5'10", 285/239/170(1st rd)256/239/227170(restart)
WOE: 1972 Atkins
Start Date: restart june 2011
Bad breath, loss of appetite, thirsty. Took me about 4 days. I only check the strips once a week for a guide.
Pamela C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
I get a funny taste in my mouth. I think I am in ketosis, I have stuck to induction. I haven't checked with the strips though
Jennyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pinklady
Stats: 293/283/150
Start Date: October 2014
I was in ketosis on day 2 according to the strips. Symptoms for me other than the strips are little hunger and copper taste in my mouth.
Pinklady is offline   Reply With Quote