Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: starleen
Stats: 194.0/189.0/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: (restart)04/04/08
induction desserts?

Today was a pretty tough day for me, but I still stuck it out. Everyone had tater tot caserole (one of my favorites) for dinner and then they had dairy queen after that. It was so tempting for me to just eat a little bit and get a blizzard but I didnt! Is there anything as far as desserts for induction or is it not allowed? It would be easier if I could have something instead of just watching everyone else around me eating the foods I loved to have. Thanks
starleen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2004, 09:12 PM   #2
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: sugarfreedee
Stats: 147/144/130
Start Date: March 2009
I believe you can have LC cheesecake on induction or a mock danish. I'm in maintenance now and chose to stay away from desserts all together. I kept stalling and feeling ill.

Good luck to you!
sugarfreedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:18 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Stay far far away from induction desserts! If you get really desperate, try a small cup of SF jello, but even that causes a stall for some! If you stick with it, ketosis will set in and you won't even crave dessert any more! Sometimes we will go to a really great restaurant and everyone orders dessert, I order chicken wings!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:11 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MIlowcarber
WOE: atkins induction
I make snowcones with Davinci sugarfree rootbeer or raspberry syrup. I feel like I am having a dessert right along with my family. Last night they had a cherry dumpcake with ice cream and I had no interest in it at all. You will get to a point where you just don't want any dessert! Good Luck!
MIlowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:45 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: toomuchbooty
If you want to lose weight quickly, I would suggest skipping the desserts. I would opt for a splenda sweetened soda if you must have something sweet.
However, if you don't mind losing at a slower rate...there are many induction friendly desserts to be had in the Recipe Room.
I find portion control to be a serious issue with all desserts.
toomuchbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 06:50 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laughing Cow
Stats: 237/125/110 Ht. 5'
WOE: Meat/Egg fast
Start Date: Aug. 1998
I think I read in the Atkins book that you should eat so much during the meal that there is no room for dessert. When other s are having dessert I have de-caf coffee of a diet rite. Good luck on this way of eating. Elaine
Laughing Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 06:58 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chewtoy
Stats: 292/292/135
WOE: Whole Foods, Less Carbs, Smarter Choices
Start Date: 1/1/2011
I think the point is to re-train your body to not want sweets and desserts - to change your tastes from what got you where you are. The cravings go away. Just focus on protein and leafy greens and you'll get there.
chewtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ac0205
induction desserts

i find that i HAVE to have something sweet on induction...if i dont, i'm more likely to fall off. what i usually do is take a small amount of cream cheese (2-3 oz) and mix it up with 2-3 packets of splenda. it tastes verryyy close to cheesecake! without the crust of course...but surprisingly, the small amount of cream cheese/splenda is just the thing to kill my sweet tooth...i guess because the cream cheese is so dense. good luck every1
ac0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: irisamom
Stats: 174/174/150
Start Date: January 6, 2013
I just did a re-induction after living this way of life for over 2 years. I have not had any sugar type foods in that time, not one cheat. But I still want that after meal treat like so many others. I don't know if it has to do with some people have been overweight forever (like me) or some who have gained 20-30 lbs. In a sense I feel like an addict and I can not have any or I will go back. My loss has been slow, I went back to induction to see if I was at a weight that my body had gotten used to and I have lost almost 10 lbs. I guess what I am saying is it is different for everyone. Some people will be happy never having a treat but I am not, find out what you can eat and keep losing. We are all different, I make great treats with no sugar. Cream cheese is a staple in my home. I had mock danish this week. If we want to do this forever we have to find out how to make it work for us, be patient you will find your spot and know what you can have and can't.
irisamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: junkfoodmonkey
Stats: 213/193/140
WOE: Atkins - Induction
Start Date: Original Nov 2003 Current 17 Sep 2012
For me, and it helped that I discovered that I don't really have a sweet tooth, I think dessert was as much a habit as anything else. Like I HAVE to have some dessert to finish dinner. Induction is a good time to break this habit. Try something else to signal that the meal is over now. Like a cup of coffee, or my thing is just a small piece of cheese and a cup of tea.
junkfoodmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:13 AM   #11
JBo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JBo
Stats: 230/179/160
WOE: ZC
Get some sugar free jello, then instead of eating eat, try to jiggle like it. When I do this make stomach makes a noise that sounds like "Bjorn Borg"
JBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: maryvit
Stats: 137/133/125
WOE: atkins
Start Date: reinducted 7/12/12
I find a hot cup of tea w/davinci sf vanilla syrup is satisfying for me after a meal.

I can't control my portion size on the legal (or otherwise) desserts so I just have to avoid them altogether
maryvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:15 AM   #13

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
I find a hot cup of tea w/davinci sf vanilla syrup is satisfying for me after a meal.
This is my standby! Celestial seasonings dessert tea with splenda and a splash of Heavy Whipping Cream. Its SO GOOD and also warm... which is very satisfying. And allowed on induction... and no portion control problem lol
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
For me I just have to get anything sweet tasting at ALL out of my meals until I am WELL back on track - at least three weeks.

I still find that when I do eat a "legal" treat it can lead to cravings. Just the sweet taste alone.
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #15

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
For me I just have to get anything sweet tasting at ALL out of my meals until I am WELL back on track - at least three weeks.

I still find that when I do eat a "legal" treat it can lead to cravings. Just the sweet taste alone.
This is definately a YMMV thing though. Atkins as written allows SF Jello and Artificial Sweeteners on induction. My own personal experience is that artificial sweeteners do NOT cause extra cravings in me and having something sweetened with AS usually satisfies my sweet cravings.
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: meatmama
When I was doing induction, I had one of the cheesecake muffins each night for dessert. I looked forward to it each night and saw it as kind of a reward for staying on plan. It did not stall me at all. YMMV
ETA the link to the cream cheesecake muffin recipe:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...se-muffins.htm

Last edited by meatmama; 02-20-2009 at 10:11 AM..
meatmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Take the advice of others and myself TRY and stay away from the desserts. They can be tricky and make you crave the sugary ones, or it did in my experience. I try and stick with SF jello and Whipped cream. I do keep a pkg of SF pudding on hand (chocolate) and top it off with whipped cream. That is for my desperate chocolate cravings. I also keep a box of SF fudge pop minis in the freezer in DH garage. I keep them out there because ... I have to be really desperate to walk out here and get one,lol.
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #18
Naz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Naz
Stats: 255/164.5/155
Start Date: March 2008
I just wanted to chime in and say that I put a couple of oz. of cream cheese in a little bowl with a small spoonful of Splenda, and a splash of HWC and lime juice. Then, I nuke it for 30 seconds. Tastes like key lime cheesecake! That fills in all the dessert gaps for me when I am desperate for dessert. Also, the coconut oil/cocoa chocolate.
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitcub
Start Date: 01/19/09...this time
Like many of the others, I would recommend staying away from desserts on induction. This is the time to break old habit.

When I really, really needed something sweet and satisfying, I would go for tea with cream and splenda. It's warm, rich and satisfying.

Another trick is to reach for something salty/savory instead. I don't know why this works, but it does. Baby dill pickles, pickled vegetables like cauliflower and greenbeans - just watch for sugar added to commercial products. Oh, and pickled sausage! Resers makes a good one.
kitcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mandylynnski
Stats: 315/304/200
Start Date: february 3rd 2009
i love a sugar free jello,,strawberry,, and only a table spoon of cool whip,, very low in carbs,, there is 1 gram of sugar. it doesn't effect my weight lose and it totally satisfies my sweey tooth.. good luck..love, mandy
mandylynnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz View Post
I just wanted to chime in and say that I put a couple of oz. of cream cheese in a little bowl with a small spoonful of Splenda, and a splash of HWC and lime juice. Then, I nuke it for 30 seconds. Tastes like key lime cheesecake! That fills in all the dessert gaps for me when I am desperate for dessert. Also, the coconut oil/cocoa chocolate.
Sounds good but what is HWC? :::still learning the message board lingo:::
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mandylynnski
Stats: 315/304/200
Start Date: february 3rd 2009
HEAVY WHIP CREAM... love mandy
mandylynnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hotchick818
Stats: 213/203/165
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 1/5/14 Restart Low carb
LOL....I'm still learning too, but I believe it means heavy whipped cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Sounds good but what is HWC? :::still learning the message board lingo:::
hotchick818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitcub
Start Date: 01/19/09...this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandylynnski View Post
i love a sugar free jello,,strawberry,, and only a table spoon of cool whip,, very low in carbs,, there is 1 gram of sugar. it doesn't effect my weight lose and it totally satisfies my sweey tooth.. good luck..love, mandy
Cool Whip - oy vey! <as kitcub slaps herself upside the head> this is mostly just high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils.

Give me real heavy whipped cream any day.
kitcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 7 Induction - 2/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcub View Post
Cool Whip - oy vey! <as kitcub slaps herself upside the head> this is mostly just high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils.

Give me real heavy whipped cream any day.

Yeah, I'm with you. It takes 30 sec to make it fresh and au naturel'.

Okay girls, all this talk about low carb sweets, I give up! I'm making the low carb Key Lime Crustless Pie tonight! (I've been good for a week...I can't ALWAYS be good)
Old 02-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TurnNBurn
Maybe not induction friendly but sf jello mixed with cottage cheese and no sugar added fruit, like pineapple chunks or peaches. This has gotten me through many a day. It is filling and calms the sweet cravings.

Heck, sometimes I can get by with just a cup of that for dinner.

But everyone's body is different and some can't handle any sf tastes without getting cravings.
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Maybe not induction friendly but sf jello mixed with cottage cheese and no sugar added fruit, like pineapple chunks or peaches. This has gotten me through many a day. It is filling and calms the sweet cravings.

Heck, sometimes I can get by with just a cup of that for dinner.

But everyone's body is different and some can't handle any sf tastes without getting cravings.
[COLOR="Blue"]This Crustless Key Lime pie is just SF Lime Jello, heavy cream, cream cheese and 1/4 cup of Erythiritol crystals. Not too dangerous.

I've never been a big sweets eater; mainly, if I get a hankering, I'll bake something, eat 1 serving and give the rest away. Just a taste will do. For me, psychologically, if I am forbidden anything - I crave it like a madwoman! [/COLOR]
Old 11-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Janan75
Stats: 196lbs
Start Date: November 7th 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by starleen View Post
Today was a pretty tough day for me, but I still stuck it out. Everyone had tater tot caserole (one of my favorites) for dinner and then they had dairy queen after that. It was so tempting for me to just eat a little bit and get a blizzard but I didnt! Is there anything as far as desserts for induction or is it not allowed? It would be easier if I could have something instead of just watching everyone else around me eating the foods I loved to have. Thanks
I began Atkins again, this weeks, I did it several years ago & wished I had never stopped. I lost a lot of weight felts TONS of energy, but I do remember in the book I had in 2002 it said that you will want sugary things at 1st, but to tough it out because even a tiny bite will mess your ketosis up. When I get a "craving" especially at night, I drink a little cup of Milk with a dash of light cream (not light as in calorie) I meant almost heavy cream...I use light cream in my morning coffee, I had to have my coffee, it's just one thing I simply will NOT part with....to be honest, the 1st time I began Atkins in 2001, I began DECEMBER 11th, can you believe it RIGHT before the holidays...I totally survived with flying colors, because when I saw the weight coming off I Wanted THAT more than sweets..so give milk a try it's on the lower carb end & might get you thru
Janan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:02 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
cec - how do you make the snowcones with diet root beer... thanks......
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: myluvbugg
Stats: 359.4/313.5/200
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 12/13/10 (starting again, and again), 11/2/11 agai
try diet rootbeer or diet coke with heavy cream in it.
myluvbugg is offline   Reply With Quote