Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Hard Core Atkins 72 Induction for September

This thread is for those of us that are sticking diligently to the induction rules for the 72 version of Dr Atkins plan. Basically, meat,eggs, cheese and fats. Very strictly. This is our September thread for our daily chats.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, my plan for the month is to maintain. I'll be happy with that.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
WOE: A 72 Induction (Hard Core!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Ok, my plan for the month is to maintain. I'll be happy with that.
That's a great plan. I have found maintenance to be difficult hence here I am trying to lose weight again. I think you are going to do smashing!

My goal is to stick to plan for everyday of the month and not deviate. I can't set weight loss goals as my body never seems to cooperate. But I would love, love to lose ten pounds but that may not be realistic.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Thanks for getting us started, MG.

My September goal is to lose 5 pounds; that should put me around 140-141. I really tried to stay on track in August but I know I could have done better. Changes are coming, ladies, changes are coming!!
Old 08-31-2014, 09:55 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Emerald, I was just telling Bonny Jean the same thing. Our bodies don't understand that we're looking at a calendar and want to lose a set amount in a certain time frame. All we can do is what we can do. Stay 100% on plan and the weight will come off when it wants to. I would really love to hear more about your journey and what do you think happened during your maintenance that didn't work out for you? I'm really worried about it!

Tweaker, I have faith in you! This is your month!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Emerald, I was just telling Bonny Jean the same thing. Our bodies don't understand that we're looking at a calendar and want to lose a set amount in a certain time frame. All we can do is what we can do. Stay 100% on plan and the weight will come off when it wants to. I would really love to hear more about your journey and what do you think happened during your maintenance that didn't work out for you? I'm really worried about it!

I got cocky and decided a bite here and a bite there wouldn't hurt. Then I went on a trip across Europe and Morocco and ate and drank myself fat. Every country I went to I had to eat the fare. Honestly I don't regret it too much. But it's when I got back home that I really fell under the wagon. For the most part though when I travel I can and do stick to plan. I was just in Indonesia and ate mostly meat and low carb veggies and Vegas is super easy to stay on plan, food wise anyway, the alcohol is another story. But really how could I go to France and not eat the bread, cheeses and macaroons? Or in Spain not eat the paella and drink Sangria? I could go on but it was my undoing. I travel a lot and part of the experience is eating the local foods. Which is not good for my weight.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:51 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

From you lips to God's ears, MG!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:53 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

I think you will do fine! You're going about in a smart fashion. Me not so much.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:58 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Time will tell Emerald, but thank you for sharing your experiences. I'm hoping to learn from what worked and what didn't for others.

Tweaker, no worries. Just stay on plan. You've go this and we're here to help you.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:17 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mar831
Stats: 245/205.6/150
WOE: Atkins/keto/paleo
Start Date: 5/6/2014
Happy September everyone! I am not going to set any weight goals, just because I always seem to fall short and get discouraged. I am just setting the goal to stay 100% on plan for the month and we'll see where it puts me! After reading everyone else's stats though I am excited! Have a great day!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:54 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
245.5 Happy Labor Day!

My goal for September is 230. Of course, I do realize that my body will do what my body will do but that is the number I am striving for!

Off to work for a couple of hours. Catch up with you gals later!

Have a good on plan day!
Old 09-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Helllllloooooo September!!! I'm excited to stay on plan and watch my body do its thing. Scale is back up to 190 this morning. So annoying with the up and down up and down!! This morning I ate my eggs and butter. I'll do the same for lunch and have 2 cheeseburgers for dinner. Need to see that 189 again!!

Kimber, what a difference in your pics!! You look so thin in your new pic!!

MG, when I was at maintenance on WW, I gained all my weight back because I got pregnant with my daughter...don't think you'll learn anything from me!!

Bonny Jean, how are you feeling today? How was last night??

Emerald, my goodness your life sounds fun!! All that traveling....so great! Do you travel for work?

Have to finish watching Maroon 5 on Good Day NY (Yum!) and then get ready to go to my parents...big pool day!! Enjoy your day all!!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/247/130
WOE: Atkins 72, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Good Morning!! Happy September!!
Yay....school starts this week ... WOOT!!(not so sure my 8 year old son is as excited as I am...LOL).
My goal for this month is 10 + pounds...280-284. Now that the weather is getting cooler...I may try incorporating some walking into my days....try to start building strength as I lose weight.
Looking forward to another month with you warriors! Let's DO this!!!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:31 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Morning All

MamaG: Awesome opening line. I loved it!!

Wow, ladies.. some lofty goals there!! Wonderful to see!! Oh, I wish you all nothing but success! Just love you little Warriors.

Well, I guess Tonic Water is not MY cure. Too bad. Drank a fair amount yesterday but had 1 cramp at 5 this morning. Well 1 is better than 3, I guess.

My September goal is to lose SOME weight, any amount of weight!! It's been a dismal 2 wks and to add insult to injury up an oz or two this morning! Really?? My "whooshs" are pretty much non-existent at this point so no wishing for them.

Have a great holiday Monday y'all!

Sept 1..... 149.2
Old 09-01-2014, 07:42 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Back to A72...where I belong.
First day started back on plan 8/30. Coming back from a 24hour stretch of not sleeping I should have expected no loss on the 2nd day weigh-in. I really am beginning to believe that if I don't get the sleep I need the scale won't go down either. Today I am happy, down 1.8 so am encouraged to continue...

Have a great day!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 4s2many
Stats: 255.5/ 240.2 /160
Start Date: 08/31/14
72 for me too. I have my book and will lay out at the pool absorbing some vitamin d and read it one more time. Today is the start of something good.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeChic View Post
Helllllloooooo September!!! I'm excited to stay on plan and watch my body do its thing. Scale is back up to 190 this morning. So annoying with the up and down up and down!! This morning I ate my eggs and butter. I'll do the same for lunch and have 2 cheeseburgers for dinner. Need to see that 189 again!!

Kimber, what a difference in your pics!! You look so thin in your new pic!!

MG, when I was at maintenance on WW, I gained all my weight back because I got pregnant with my daughter...don't think you'll learn anything from me!!

Bonny Jean, how are you feeling today? How was last night??

Emerald, my goodness your life sounds fun!! All that traveling....so great! Do you travel for work?

Have to finish watching Maroon 5 on Good Day NY (Yum!) and then get ready to go to my parents...big pool day!! Enjoy your day all!!
No I wish. I work to travel.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

I forgot to post my other September goal and that is to spend at least 5 minutes a day on my exercise equipment. Well five to start but I do want to work my way up.

1. Stay on Plan.
2. Exercise.

Have a great day everyone. And a productive September!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
Start Date: June 22 2014
Morning everyone!

Sept - 1 196 Goal READ everything and stay on plan 100% Also going to join the "adding eggs" club. Today I'm going to make egg salad and deviled eggs. I am back to not being able to swallow hard boiled.

My chicken romano without flour is really good I will post in the recipe thread.

Emerald - I can totally understand that journey. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to travel, have vacations and stay very strict. This is feeling more and more like a way of life for me but I don't travel anywhere exotic like that. I'm planning a trip to Punta Cana next November, I can't wait.

Yankee - You know it will go back down tomorrow!

Bonny - 1 is better than 3, maybe it will take a few days to figure out how much tonic you need?

MG - Sounds like a good plan, I would be scared too death too but it looks like you are ready to maintain. You look so healthy.

Tweaker - good luck with the changes! I am right there with you..no more accidental regular mountain dew for me!!

Sherlock - woot woot! On school starting! Lets go (or as we say around here because we are lazy speakers, leggo)!

Newbies! Excited to get to know ya!

Last edited by Neener207; 09-01-2014 at 09:08 AM..
Old 09-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Looks like we all have goals for September and I know we can do it with all the support and encouragement we get here. I didn't start with eggs today, as I knew I wouldn't, so I'm calling my official September start as the 2nd. I'm not going off the deep end or anything just not planning on any eggs today and that's really what I want to start having most days to see if it makes the difference that I think it will.

Hope everyone has a great day, I'll check back in later today. Off to the bbq!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DelaneyLC
Start Date: May 25, 2014
Good morning. Happy September! My goals:

1) stay on plan

2) exercise more

3) lose weight

4) talk to my doc about more blood tests

5) get under 170

6)
Old 09-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Happy September everyone! It is great to read all the goals and see where we end up at the end of the month! I also see some newbies on the thread, so !!!!

Today is day one for me with no coffee (cream) in the morning. I made it through and do not really crave it. I drank some coconut milk to replace it and I am sure the savings of the cream calories will help. I am just really curious if the cream deletion will make any difference in my weight loss. There are so many that claim it hinders them. I will give it a week and see what happens.

On another note, I have officially reached my 60 lb loss, and a day ahead of my 6 month '72 anniversary, too! I am at 60.2 lbs lost in just under 6 months now. weighed in at 271.6 this morning. Soon I will be in the 60's!!!!

My original goal was to be at 250 by my birthday on Dec. 1st - 3 whole months away! but I have been averaging a 10 lb loss every month so far, so I am going to make my monthly goal for Sept. to be a 10 lb loss and try to make that 250 goal 2 full months ahead of the original plan!!!!! I surely hope I don't run into any more setbacks like the electrolyte imbalance fiasco this month. It would be nice to have a steady month of weight loss this time. Although I ALWAYS have a mid-month stall. Only time will tell.

Today on the lunch menu is chicken breast tenderloins. I will make a lemon butter sauce to dip them in. I have no idea on what to make for dinner, though. I do have a cod fillet in the freezer, so I may take that out to thaw and bake it tonight. Fish is always such a good, light dinner and sits well in my stomach. I had baked meatballs last night and I swear they just sat there for hours. Beef tends to do that to me. I really love it, but it does not digest well for me, I guess. I have been having it less and less these past few weeks.

Bonny-Jean, I am so sad to hear you are still having cramps!!! Something must be wrong. It has gone on for so long, there has to be an answer for this!

I envy all of you who are planning on doing the pool thing today!!!! It has been so cold and icky here that I took my pool down a couple weeks ago. Today is only 66˚ and rainy, and I have no plans to do anything. I do have to clean the fish tank, though. I have a little red betta named Pablo. I guess I will be spending some quality time with Pablo today, then feed him his daily tacos.

Have a great Labor Day everyone!!!! May we all see a loss tomorrow!!!
Old 09-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
Today is day one for me with no coffee (cream) in the morning. I made it through and do not really crave it. I drank some coconut milk to replace it and I am sure the savings of the cream calories will help. I am just really curious if the cream deletion will make any difference in my weight loss.
OMG, kuddos to you!! No headache? No shakes? When I was "stuck" a few months back, mthergoos suggested I cut back a little on the hwc and it worked!! Alas, I can't give up my coffee but again, have cut the hwc to 20% so that's not bad. Now if I could stop putting it on my occasional jello, I think it would be even better. I'm weak, what can I say.

On another note, I have officially reached my 60 lb loss, and a day ahead of my 6 month '72 anniversary, too! I am at 60.2 lbs lost in just under 6 months now. weighed in at 271.6 this morning. Soon I will be in the 60's!!!!
Wow, 10 lbs a month is amazing!! Holla.

Bonny-Jean, I am so sad to hear you are still having cramps!!! Something must be wrong. It has gone on for so long, there has to be an answer for this!
Sooner or later we'll get this figured out. I wrote down the name of that test you mentioned so I'll bring that up tomorrow. Thanks.

I have a little red betta named Pablo. I guess I will be spending some quality time with Pablo today, then feed him his daily tacos.
That's funny.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
Start Date: June 22 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
60 pounds! That's amazing!! Congrats! It will be interesting to see what cutting out the cream will do. I'm trying something similar with limiting my artificial sweetners.

Good goals Delaney!
Old 09-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neener207 View Post
60 pounds! That's amazing!! Congrats! It will be interesting to see what cutting out the cream will do. I'm trying something similar with limiting my artificial sweetners.

Good goals Delaney!
By cutting out the coffee in the morning, not only am I cutting out the cream, but also the artificial sweeteners to boot. I used 1 Tbl of Walden Farms syrup in every cup, plus a few drops of stevia. I didn't think of this before, but the drop in sweeteners may also help me a bit.

It wasn't that I craved the coffee and caffeine so much, but that I liked the sweet creaminess of it!!! I could drink it all day long, but I am sure my body does not need to be injesting a quart of cream a day! That is a lot of calories!!! I do love the flavor of coffee so much, though, and I could be drinking decaf, but my BF drinks regular black coffee every morning and I just got in the habit of drinking my sweet creamy regular coffee for breakfast every day. No headaches or anything yet. I will give it a week. Then perhaps only have 1 cup every few days instead of 2 every morning.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ticker9400
Stats: 284/252/150
WOE: atkins vlc
Start Date: 3/09/13
Okay... Hello everyone lurker here.. Started this way of eating back in March of 2013, right after MtherGoos started (hey MtherGoos ) Lost 50 Pds in 4 months had a hysterectomy and thought I would need carbs to heal better ... needless to say gained back 30 of the 50 and here we go again.. Poster child of what not to do... Anyway, not much of a chatter but love seeing everyones progress and it really does help to stay on track.. Have been back on "72" for 11 days and lost 10 pds so far .... It really does work people..

MtherGoos, I have a question I also love Johnnys season salt but did you notice the second ingredient is sugar.. It says 0 carbs how can that be...

Hope this month is a great month for all of you.. We can do this
Old 09-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Well, I guess Tonic Water is not MY cure. Too bad. Drank a fair amount yesterday but had 1 cramp at 5 this morning. Well 1 is better than 3, I guess.
My uncle used to swear by quinine for leg cramps, which is in some Tonic Water, not sure if its in 'all' Tonic Water however. Good luck!
Old 09-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Good afternoon ladies! Sorry been MIA been busy with family. We enjoyed our hike and boy was it a good workout I was exhausted. We are some great grilled steaks and my hubby made grilled corn and Cesar salad but I passed on both. I was not happy this morning my scale was 160 up from 159.0.

My September goals are:
-eat 100% clean
-lose 10lbs
-exercise 3 days a week

Being as I only lost 3lbs last month I doubt I will hit my goal but I like to aim high and gotta get looking good by December. I plan to check in everyday so I will be accountable for what I eat.

Today ate 2 scrambled eggs, BPC and water. Lunch will be two eggs and an ounce of cheese. Dinner leftover steak and an egg.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Paulette:Oh I so envy you to be able to give up your java, even temporarily! That's awesome. I tried it once and everybody begged me to have a cup! LOL. Got the shakes bad and up until that point did not know I was addicted to caffeine. Coffee is most definitely a triple threat! Caffeine, fat & carbs from too much hwc and yes, then there's the sweeteners. I don't know about you but I'm sure I'd see a noticeable difference if I could give it up but I can't.

ticker Wow, 10 lbs in 11 days with only 30 to lose is incredible!! Good for you!!

Julie: Well, it's in my Tonic Water and not sure if it takes several days to kick in but drank it the last 2 evenings but got a cramp last night? If my dr. can't find a reason for them, I may ask him about a Quinine prescription even though that stuff scares the heck outta me!!

I managed to get 3 scrambled eggs in earlier and have a small to med pork steak for supper.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning everyone! Well...... not really morning any more, but my intentions were good!

Hi Ticker! I remember you, glad to see you back! I also had a hysterectomy and my Dr tried to tell me the same thing. He insisted I would need carbs to heal properly. Why do they insist on believing that?????? Thankfully I didn't listen to him and proved him wrong. My body healed very quickly without any carbs, but I know they tell you that you HAVE to have them and you're afraid not to believe them because they are the doctor and supposed to know best. As far as the Johnny's Seasoning Salt, only the version with no MSG has sugar in it. The regular version, that does include MSG, doesn't have sugar and that's the one I use.

Paulette, way to go on all your victories and losses!! I'll be interested to see how your coffee experiment goes!

Hope everyone is having a great labor day and remembers to stay on plan! Remember to make your celebrations about the company and the fun, not the food! Enjoy!!
Closed Thread