Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #1921
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Yankee, no, not at all! I didn't work out while I was actively trying to lose. I didn't start until I hit 150 pounds, which was my original goal, because I found that working out slowed or stalled my scale numbers. Once I got to 150 pounds, that's when I started working out because I know it's good for our overall health, and I was okay with the scale not moving, or moving slower at that point.

Bonny Jean, so the pork rinds didn't help the leg cramps last night? Darn!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #1922
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Bonnie- sorry you have had the foot cramps. Darn those pork rinds for not working.

My scale is still at 159 this am. Can't wait to see a drop hopefully by the end of this month I can get another pound or two off. So far I started at 162 this month so only a 3lb loss hoping for at least five. Come on body it's not much to ask. I went to my exercise class today it was fun it was a special music class so we workout to music outdoors. Then after class the instructor brought out two trays of really nicely decorated shortbread cookies. I gave one to my son and daughter and just admired the pretty cookies. Surprisingly I wasn't even tempted by them. Hoping today's exercise won't show a gain tomorrow. I really like going to keep my sanity. It is the only time I interact with other moms so it's my social hour and exercise in one. They have a program you pay extra for called body back and it is two nights a week and it is more intense exercise with nutritional guidance and progress reports and measurements. I was thinking about doing it but don't really have the extra $275 to spend on it. I also would hate to see my scale stall by doing too much exercise. Thought are welcome!
Old 08-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #1923
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny Jean, so the pork rinds didn't help the leg cramps last night? Darn!
I'm guessing it wasn't enough. Saturday and Sunday I had half a 60 gr bag and last night I only had 3 little pcs so it's either NOT the rinds helping or I am required to eat 1/2 a bag or more!!
Old 08-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #1924
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Okay, thank you so much! And one more question if you don't mind and I hope it's okay if I ask here...what did your typical daily menu look like before you started adding the avocado? I read that you eat a steak just about every night and I thought I saw somewhere that you eat 4 slices of bacon in the morning...is that with eggs? And how about lunch? Thanks alot!!

Sorry...that's more than one more question...lol

Last edited by YankeeChic; 08-27-2014 at 01:32 PM..
Old 08-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #1925
Senior LCF Member

Bonny, your posts always make me giggle! You need to get a pic of Dr. Delicious for us to see! He sounds like he might just strike a pose for you!
Old 08-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #1926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For a long time I was eating ~

Breakfast 4-6 pieces of bacon

Lunch ~ Egg Salad with 2 eggs mashed up in a bowl with 2 Tablespoons of Mayo and 1 Tablespoon of MCT Oil

Snack ~ 1 ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese

Dinner ~ Some type of meat, usually on the grill. Most of the time it's a steak. Sometimes it may be a pork steak, or a hamburger patty, or some ground beef with cheese on it. Once in a while I'll have some chicken thighs that I coat in coconut oil and bake until they're really crisp, but most of the time it's a steak. I eat all the visible fat first, because that's my favorite part, and if I'm still hungry I'll eat the meat part of it.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #1927
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhAmy
Stats: 5'8" 293/204/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: March 25, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post

The weight is just falling off of me this week and I'm going to enjoy that while it lasts!! I'm 85 pounds down and 95 to go! Looking forward to my having lost more weight than what I still need to lose

So happy for you, Kimber!!! I want your scale...what kind is it?
Thank you for sharing your daily menu. Very helpful!

I lost nine pounds this month, not great but ok. Like some others, I seem to be retaining fluid. I always drink borderline too much water. Electrolytes are finely tuned so if one goes off like sodium from drinking too much water, it can cause the others to trend off too. I think the lite salt (sodium/potassium) is a great idea, Paulette. I'm going to try it. Bonny-Jean, does Dr. Cute know about your pains and that they are persisting?

I have gone off dairy now . Off cream for a week and this is my third day without cheese. This is based on my inability to moderate it well enough. So they are on my list (along with almonds) of things I will eat someday in maintenance.

Thanks, Everyone! All of our bits and pieces of knowledge and experience together make one great Hard Core Plan!
Old 08-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #1928
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeChic View Post
Bonny, your posts always make me giggle! You need to get a pic of Dr. Delicious for us to see! He sounds like he might just strike a pose for you!
OMG, if I EVER get my hands on one, you girls will be the first to see and you'll be shocked how I'm not EVEN exaggerating!!! Holy heck.. not even a little. Hey, one day, you'll see!!
Old 08-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #1929
Senior LCF Member

Thank you again MtherGoos, I really appreciate it...dang that MCT oil is costly!
Old 08-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #1930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're welcome Yankee! It's a big bottle of it and it last a really long time! I just like it because I can add it to cold things, like egg salad, and it won't get hard, it stays liquid. I like to make sure I can get at least tablespoon in each day because I really believe in the health benefits of it, but you can always use coconut oil too.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:40 PM   #1931
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAmy View Post
Bonny-Jean, does Dr. Cute know about your pains and that they are persisting?

Yeah, he knows. That's the reason I gave him for asking for a full panel and CBC but nothing was found. He told me to take Vit D w/Calcium so I pointed out my very tanned skin and said, "You think I need Vit D??? Really???

I have gone off dairy now . Off cream for a week and this is my third day without cheese.

Have you tried Silk brand Unsweetened Coconut Milk?? It's great and I cut my hwc way down and now mix Coconut (80%) with hwc (20%) and it's super healthy, less than 1 carb per ENTIRE cup and my coffee is still delish! You should try it. I get mine at Walmart.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #1932
Senior LCF Member

Okay great, I actually like coconut oil a lot. I also make a face scrub out of it with sugar. Makes my skin super soft.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #1933
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lilyflowertulip
Stats: 265/230.2/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Jan 2014 (restart)
MotherGoose, a whole stick for dessert!? I'd like to say that sounds barbaric.... but I can't lie, I love butter. Sometimes I slice a sliver off and just let it melt on my tongue, lol. But I've been limiting myself to 3 or 4 tablespoons. It's really the only oil I use, so hopefully this isn't too much. I haven't been losing much the last few months, and perhaps I was getting too many calories. I think I was overdoing it on cream and cream cheese and vegetables too, so I'm cutting back all around.

So this morning I did my makeup and took some cute pictures and then what do I do? Left my camera up at work! I haven't done that in months, and now when I really need it I leave it, ha ha. So, I'll put the pics up tmr instead!

Wasn't very hungry today so I sort of picked at things: In total I ate:

BPC (4 tsp cream, 2 tbl butter), 9oz hamburger patty, 3 tbl chicken liver pate, 1 oz pork rinds, 3 eggs, 1 tbl coconut oil

Looking at some of your menus I feel like I eat way more than some of you who've lost a lot of weight, but hey, I'm like those snickers commercials where the guy turns into godzilla when he gets hungry. For my student's safety, I have to eat!
Old 08-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #1934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lily, the great thing about this is that you never need to go hungry, so if you're hungry there's nothing wrong with eating! Don't worry about that. You'll find that the longer you're in ketosis, and the more weight you lose, the less hunger you have. It just happens naturally. So eat if you're hungry, and stop when you're not. I find that oftentimes just a hard boiled egg is enough when I'm hungry. I'll stop after that and if I'm still hungry, I'll eat more, but I'm usually not.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #1935
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
No worries and I hope I didn't come across as acting like I knew it all?
I have zero experience with "feed lots".. actually I've never seen one in my life. Are you saying these animals are penned in and just fed grain till they're ready for market??? Yes, I do agree hay in very expensive but I know nothing about feed lots. I'm not sure if I wanna know, kind of sounds barbaric and inhuman but again, what do I know. Our cows just got rotated on pasture land and only the girls got fed hay in the winter. I welcome more information....... well, I think??
Well, you did make a pretty strong statement about it

You probably don't want to know. The knowledge of what goes on is what led me to veganism at one point in time. I'm sure you could find more than you ever want to see on Google though.

I will say that they feed the cattle grain because it quickly fattens them up (just like it does to us humans!). And yes, they are penned in crowded, filthy conditions and fattened up until they are sent to slaughter. It's an industry after all, so they look for the cheapest, fastest way to produce the biggest/fattest cows. I won't say anymore.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #1936
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Boy, you guys have been chatty today! Took me awhile to catch up..

Kim - WTG, girl! You're really on a roll.

Lily - Congratulations on the loss. Look forward to "seeing" you!

Bmac - Sorry you had bump up today, it will be gone tomorrow or Friday I'm sure. I love butter too, but I probably don't even eat 2 Tb. a day, sometimes none at all. I really just forget to put it on my cooked meat, I fry chicken and eggs in butter but that's about it. Maybe if I increased my butter/fats in general I'd start losing again. What do you all think?

Yankee - you'll be back where you were and lower in no time. I'm still hanging in the same 143-145 range, can't seem to get things going down! BTW, you look lovely!

Welcome Aimee!

Cuda -

Skinny - at least your scale is doing something!!

Paulette - I'm so happy that you saw a loss. Patience does pay off!

I hope I got everyone - keep up the good work ladies.

At this point if I can stay in this range thru the end of August I'm hopeful that September will be a good month for me.

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 08-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #1937
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Tweaker and I'm so looking forward to seeing 180s!!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #1938
Senior LCF Member

Tweaker- fx for you to stay where you are or lose for the month.

I think I drink too much water but I love it. I think that might be part of my loss problem water retention. I know I need to have more patience but that is not my strong suit! I have only had two eggs so far today I just didn't feel too hungry but thinking of having two hamburger patties for dinner with an egg.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:47 PM   #1939
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Lily, the great thing about this is that you never need to go hungry, so if you're hungry there's nothing wrong with eating! Don't worry about that. You'll find that the longer you're in ketosis, and the more weight you lose, the less hunger you have. It just happens naturally. So eat if you're hungry, and stop when you're not. I find that oftentimes just a hard boiled egg is enough when I'm hungry. I'll stop after that and if I'm still hungry, I'll eat more, but I'm usually not.
I think I'm beginning to feel the lessening of hunger, actually. I've been doing close to Atkins 72 inductions for about five days now, and today I just didn't get hungry. Energy was good and cravings are absolutely zip. I was getting to the point where I was really craving foods, but I've definitely noticed a difference and I'm grateful. I'm not exactly jumping up and down excited about eating meat, meat and basically nothing but meat.... (not a big cheese fan) but not being hungry and not thinking about and wanting food I can't have is a huge bonus!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #1940
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was NEVER a big meat fan either. I would rather have a grilled cheese sandwich and fries any day over a steak, but since I've been eating this way for over a year and a half now, I've completely changed. I CRAVE my yummy steak at night, or bacon in the morning.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #1941
Senior LCF Member

Well, I don't have my after pictures, but I'm impatient and want to see if this works! This is my before. I loathe this picture- it made me want to go and punch the photographer! lol. But hey, pictures don't lie- that's what I looked like and school photographers aren't there to find a flattering angle for you like your family will!! So I chose it because it represents me at 265.

"After" pictures tmr! (not so much after as "in progress" but you can really see it in my face)

Last edited by Lilyflowertulip; 08-27-2014 at 04:59 PM..
Old 08-27-2014, 04:58 PM   #1942
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlaneyLynn View Post
Well, you did make a pretty strong statement about it

You probably don't want to know. The knowledge of what goes on is what led me to veganism at one point in time. I'm sure you could find more than you ever want to see on Google though.

I will say that they feed the cattle grain because it quickly fattens them up (just like it does to us humans!). And yes, they are penned in crowded, filthy conditions and fattened up until they are sent to slaughter. It's an industry after all, so they look for the cheapest, fastest way to produce the biggest/fattest cows. I won't say anymore.
Oh, I'm sorry for coming across that way... just the way I am, I guess. My bad! Does this happen thru their whole lives??? Poor Moo's, what a way to live, albeit short. Yeah, I guess it's just about the money. Too bad. Honestly, I've never seen that in my life and even the stuff on tv, I thought that was just done prior to auctions or ... well, you know.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #1943
Major LCF Poster!

After 3 hrs of reading and researching, has anyone heard of a sodium / potassium supplement in one?? Or a salt that contains potassium?? From everything I've read it sounds like I may be low on both. I don't wanna take handfuls of pills so any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:18 PM   #1944
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Beautiful Lily! Looking forward to your progress shot!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #1945
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG, if I EVER get my hands on one, you girls will be the first to see and you'll be shocked how I'm not EVEN exaggerating!!! Holy heck.. not even a little. Hey, one day, you'll see!!
Yum, look forward to it!!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #1946
Senior LCF Member

LOVE your pic Lily! You're beautiful!!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #1947
Senior LCF Member

I was looking online for MCT oil in Walmart and they have a coconut oil with MCT...is that the same thing? Should I get it??

Oh wait, it says Coconut Oil MCT by buried treasure...is that good you think? I'm going to walmart tomorrow. If you all think it's good, I'll get it.

Last edited by YankeeChic; 08-27-2014 at 05:43 PM..
Old 08-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #1948
Senior LCF Member

Lily- can't wait to see the next pic and see your progress. I need to take some during photos.i still cringe at my current pics I can't wait until I like how I look in pictures. I try to avoid being in them. I definitely don't look the way I feel I feel skinny haha.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:59 PM   #1949
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
After 3 hrs of reading and researching, has anyone heard of a sodium / potassium supplement in one?? Or a salt that contains potassium?? From everything I've read it sounds like I may be low on both. I don't wanna take handfuls of pills so any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Hey Bonny!

Try taking 1/4 teaspoon of Morton's lite salt in a glass of water.. it is loaded with potassium. A lot of people take it to get rid of leg cramps.. I can't tell you how many people this has helped!! Give it a try.. it isn't expensive at all either.. Here is the nutritional information on the lite salt..

Old 08-27-2014, 06:17 PM   #1950
Senior LCF Member

Skinny CJ, you look gorgeous and slender to me in your photo! I never feel skinny exactly but when I'm posturing in the mirror to minimize my double chin I feel much thinner- that's why photos are such a shock, lol!
Closed Thread