Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #1891
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Neener - glad the scale moved downward for you!

Yankee - your little one liked school, that's great for both of you. Good that she didn't see you with tears in your eyes.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #1892
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Bonny Jean , I say any excuse to see Dr Delicious is a good one! . What did you end up doing tonight? Did you add in extra sodium?

Colleen, I know those labels can be so deceiving, but soy sauce does have wheat and soybeans in it so it's definitely not zero carbs, even though they try to tell you it is.

Kimber, I agree, the longer you stay away from carbs, the easier it is. You don't even have to think about it, it's just the way it is.

Neener, congratulations ! Keep it up!

Thank you Tweaker and Yankee!
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
Old 08-27-2014, 02:56 AM   #1893
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/178.3/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Morning carb warriors! I'm having my usual little blip up on the scale today. Up at 188...which is only 0.6# from my lowest. Can't complain, it is what it is. It was insanely hot yesterday, so that might have done it. I usually retain water when its hot out.

Butter, can too much really be bad? I have never really calculated how much I eat, but I'm sure it's a lot. 2 T for breakfast, probably about 3-5 Tablespoons for dinner, depending on what kind of meat I cook. So let's say 6 Tablespoons a day...90g a day. How much is in a stick?

I've never been a huge salt fan. Before LC I didn't even use it to season my meat. Then I started watching master chef lol. After seeing them cook and realizing that everything should be salted(or seasoned as Gordon Ramsay says) to bring out the natural flavors, I put salt in/on EVERYTHING!!!!

It honestly does bring out so much more flavor in foods, especially meat. I've never had leg cramps or anything, that's just my two cents.

Warrior on, my people!!

Mini goals:

200lbs by August 12, 2014 Weigh in at weight loss challenge (Made it-July 18, 2014)
180lbs by October 4, 2014 Costa Rica Trip (Made it-Sept 12, 2014)
165lbs by November 25, 2014 My Birthday
145lbs by April 2, 2015
Old 08-27-2014, 03:22 AM   #1894
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/189.8/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014

WHY did I get on the scale??? I was going to wait until Sunday-a week after my last weigh in. I'm up 2 pounds! I don't even know how that's possible but I'm mad as heck let me tell you!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 03:46 AM   #1895
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/235/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014

The weight is just falling off of me this week and I'm going to enjoy that while it lasts!! I'm 85 pounds down and 95 to go! Looking forward to my having lost more weight than what I still need to lose!! Won't be long now

Yankee - This is why I weigh everyday. You may just be having one of those up days today and you don't realize that because you don't know what you weighed daily for the past week. I have days that I bump up 2-3 pounds for no reason and now that I know that...I don't let it bother me so much. Divorce your emotions from the number on the scale...weigh daily....record daily and then you will see the downward trend. It's also interesting to see that every month, you have good loss weeks and then weeks where you bounce around the same number. I agree with Bonny Jean --- you are a cutie pie!

Bmac - That .6 blip is nothing! That will be gone in no time along with some more of its friends along with it! There are 8 Tbs of butter in a stick. I like my butter too but I don't think I eat anymore than 3 Tbs a day (except on vacation I did have 1/2 stick butter with my lobster). I was the same way with salt...I didn't salt anything because it would cause a spike in my blood pressure. Now, I add salt generously to my steaks and burgers and it is so yummy!!!

Neener - Glad to hear that you are heading back downward again!

MG = I love to look at your stats everyday! It is still so amazing to see the 120's in your current weight position! I'm so happy for you!

Colleen - Woohoo on the 184!! Don't ya just love this WOE?!

Paulette - Hope you see some losses this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Bonny Jean - Enjoy that Dr visit!!! Maybe he doesn't give you the cure for your cramps because he wants you to come back to see him!

Hope everybody has a good on plan day!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kimbersh47; 08-27-2014 at 03:47 AM..
Old 08-27-2014, 03:48 AM   #1896
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeChic View Post

WHY did I get on the scale??? I was going to wait until Sunday-a week after my last weigh in. I'm up 2 pounds! I don't even know how that's possible but I'm mad as heck let me tell you!!!
The scale is EVIL!!! Don't stress about it. It's probably your fat cells hogging all the water. They like to hang onto water when they start to lose their size. It's super crap, but that's what happens. Don't worry about the scale so much(I know, easier said than done). I weigh myself a gazillion times per day and I used to get super bummed out if I saw an increase. But once you do this WOE for a while you see the pattern that your body has and realize that not every day can be a lose day. Some days I'm up a pound or so, but I always go back down. As long as you are sticking to the plan, you will lose.

Even though we all want the weight off yesterday, we have to keep telling ourselves that this is not a race. It is a new way of life that we have to embrace and know that it is truly working, despite what the stupid scale says. Also, take some measurements. That always helps boost me back up when my scale sucks.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:18 AM   #1897
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aimee
Stats: 5' 7'' 238/186/150
WOE: LCHF and 1972 Atkins
Start Date: 01/11/2014
Hey guys!

Hey everyone! I'm Aimee!

I think this is the thread that I learned about the egg fast I'm not sure. If it isn't please excuse me for barging in ha.. Just wanted to tell ya'll that it REALLY WORKS! I've lost almost 5 lbs in 5 days. It broke a stall that I've had for over a month!!!! I just love LCF! You guys are the best and very inspiring!!! I learn something everyday from you guys! THANKS AGAIN!!! Aimee'
Old 08-27-2014, 04:31 AM   #1898
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lilyflowertulip
Stats: 265/230.2/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Jan 2014 (restart)
That's really good, healthy advice Bmac, and so true! Many times in the past I've gotten so discouraged by a tiny -probably water- gain that I go crazy and cheat. This year I've been telling myself pretty much what you said, and it's helped. Once I gave my scales to my mother and told her to hide them from me and not give it back for a week, no matter what I said, lol!

But... got on today, and lost 1.2 pounds after 2 days of Atkins 72 (and I'm improving but I'm still not even 100% compliant yet)!!!!!!! 232.4 is a new low for me and it feels so good to see the scale finally moving again I can't even express it.

I'm really excited and eager to see what I'll lose when I get my menu plan completely clean. I can tell I'm in ketosis because when I woke up this morning I had that tell-tale keto breath loitering about my molars. I just pray to the Lord no one else can smell it, because I can never taste it during the day and I don't want the sugar alcohols in gums or mints. But anyway, nasty as nasty breath is, I know it's a good sign!!

Ok, I'm not weighing for a week though. I'm starting my period today and I know I'll get discouraged if I weigh this week, so I'm keeping the happy glow going and staying off! Reduced my cream intake to 4 teaspoons this morning and I've got nothing but meat, cheese and buttah in my future, so today should be a good day!

Kimber, I'm really unsure about the cream. My coffee with cream is my favorite part of my day, but I'm realizing that I'm guilty of replacing high carb addictions with low carb ones, (notably cream, butter, cream cheese) so honestly it might be good for me to give it up for a while. Tmr I think I'll reduce down to 3 teaspoons and see how my coffee tastes. If I could get it down to 2 tsp probably the carbs would be pretty minimal.

Ya'll tell me if my horde of posts are getting obnoxious. I'm just so excited about this WOE I don't know what to do with myself!!!!!! I'm so glad I decided to stay and try this. And I'm posting pictures of myself tonight so you can put a face to a name too.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:32 AM   #1899
Senior LCF Member

Kimber, congrats!! Wow, you are melting away so fast!! I'm super happy for you! Thanks for the advice...I was weighing myself every day and the whole up and down thing was a bit un nerving so I figured once a week is best, but I'm going to take your advice and bmac's advice and weigh and record every day.
And thanks for the compliment on my pic! Right back at ya!!

Thanks bmac and yes, you're right, it totally isn't a race but ohhhhh when i'm so close to 189, I could taste it...or as Kimber once told someone (I think it was Kimber!), I was a pee away from 189 and then I'm up 2 pounds. So unfair. I bust my booty every day with the cardio. An hour on the exercise bike, vigorously, every day in a steaming hot Florida garage is tough and it says I burn between 650-700 calories during that time...why?!?!?!?
Old 08-27-2014, 04:35 AM   #1900
Senior LCF Member

Hi Aimee! So glad the egg fast is working for you! I'm tempted to try it myself but I think I just need to be patient with my body and have faith in this wonderful WOE.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:39 AM   #1901
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aimee
Stats: 5' 7'' 238/186/150
WOE: LCHF and 1972 Atkins
Start Date: 01/11/2014
Thanks girl! You and I are close to the same size. I fluctuated between 190-192 for over a month. I really couldn't believe it when I saw 189! Now 186. I thought I'd be tired of the eggs and to be honest with you, I really miss chicken haha. But seeing the weight come off is SO worth it. Hang in there girl!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:26 AM   #1902
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mar831
Stats: 245/205.6/150
WOE: Atkins/keto/paleo
Start Date: 5/6/2014
Bonny Jean did you tell your doctor about the leg cramps? A CBC won't usually show potassium or sodium levels. You need an electrolyte panel for that. Night time leg cramps are usually a sign of potassium deficiency. There is a supplement you can take but it is by prescription. Potassium is one of those things too much or too little can be dangerous so they don't sell it over the counter that I know of. Hope you feel better!

Last edited by Mar831; 08-27-2014 at 05:28 AM..
Old 08-27-2014, 05:29 AM   #1903
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mar831
Stats: 245/205.6/150
WOE: Atkins/keto/paleo
Start Date: 5/6/2014
Oops..sorry, after reading more posts it seems like your doctor is already aware! I got ahead of myself there!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #1904
Senior LCF Member

Yankee, I'm not going to say to stop exercising, but you should know that when you do exercise your lactic acid in your muscles increases and that will also show a gain on the scale. I have not exercised at all since starting, because whenever I've done strenuous work on my yard and what not, I've seen a bump in the scale and I can't mentally handle it right now. I do plan to start exercising at some point, because I can already tell a difference in my muscle tone and I don't like it at all!

Just keep it in mind when you step on your scale that the exercise might show some movement in the wrong direction. It will work itself out and you will still lose, but you may see more fluctuation that way. I have a friend that is doing A '72 at work with me(she is not on these boards) and she exercises, or tries to, a few times per week and almost every single time the day after, she sees a bump up on the scale.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:04 AM   #1905
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/150.5/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Just saving my lurking spot!
Really debating giving this another shot but not sure if i'm totally there yet.. I like to read the posts for inspiration none the less.
If I can stick to this sucker for at least a week maybe i'll come back and chime in. Thanks for the good reads ladies!
Old 08-27-2014, 07:16 AM   #1906
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155.3/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Good morning ladies.

Kimber- congrats on the loss again that is amazing how your losing so quickly.

Yankee- don't fret I know it really stinks when your scale shows a gain but it will be gone soon. It happens to me all the time and as fast as it comes on it is gone. Just keep doing what works.

Aimee- yes I know the egg fast works but I really started to get sick of eggs to where I thought am I really hungry or should I just skip eating to avoid eating another egg. I did modify it where I ate eggs for B,L and then an egg with my meat of choice and still saw results.

Lily- yay congrats on the loss that is really great. Hitting a new low is always so much fun.

Bmac- that little blip will be gone by tomorrow I'm sure. You're right about the salt I don't know how people eat without it. It really brings out the flavor in the food. I still get leg cramp from time to time so I think it is more than just salt that needs to be added to diet. I know dr'a say potassium too.

I am holding at 159. Glad there isn't a gain so I'll take it. I know I'm a slow loser now that I have 30lbs to go so I just gotta keep up with what I'm doing and watch it slowly come off.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #1907
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/267/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Finally starting to lose the pounds that built up this month - I am 1 lb away from my last low on the 4th of this month. My bout with low blood sodium and potassium took a toll on me, and then the unexpected TOM did not help things. But I am finally coming back to norm.

It is not fun having low electrolytes. Your energy goes away, you retain water, and plus it is dangerous to boot. I am glad I have a full blood panel done every 3 months to keep me in check. And it is VERY important to make sure you get enough salt in your diet! Potassium, too!!! I have switched to Morton LITE salt, which is a mix of sodium and potassium, and I use it daily on all my food - doctor's orders! I am also taking a prescription potassium supplement.

Also - I do not over-do the water consumption. Unlike many people that say it is necessary to drink a gallon or more, I find that amount to be excessive and only causes me to retain even more water. I drink around 8 glasses a day, the normal amount. Seriously, I wonder where that gallon of water idea ever came from????? I try to look it up online and find no medical research that proves it....

Bonny Jean, I don't have a Dr. Delicious LOL!!! But just a normal woman for my doc. I feel comfortable with a woman doctor. Having a Dr. Delicious would make me very self-conscious!!!

A big thumbs-up to all of you who are seeing continuous losses , and to those that are not, just stick to your guns - the weight will move again. Your body is a complicated machine and the inner workings of water loss/retention, body fat distribution, hormonal fluctuations, bodily waste retention/loss, and muscle gain (if you are working out intensely) all take their turn in masking the fat loss from your scale. But if you are following the plan and not eating forbidden carbs or other foods, the fat loss IS continuing behind the curtains of the above mentioned hinderances!

PATIENCE is so important when trying to lose weight. It can be frustrating to see the scale stall on you, or even go up a few lbs when you know you are not cheating. We get used to a steady loss, then it stops for no reason. But if you are patient and diligent, the scale eventually moves again. and if you are charting your daily/weekly weigh-ins, you will see that it is ALWAYS on a downward trend!
Old 08-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #1908
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carterbv
Stats: 200/190/130
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 07/15/10
Hey Hey...good morning everyone! This is day 3 of Atkins '72 and so far, so good!! I feel better just in these three days...I hate the feeling of being sluggish and not wanting to do anything at all. I am an emotional eater which is horrible and was very very addicted to sugar! I am getting married next year and would like to be healthy and feel good about myself when I'm in my wedding gown. I have a lot of stress going on in my life due to having 6 kids and teenage drama! ha ha! Trying not to fall off this wagon...want to look at this as a way of eating, not a diet. I've done LC before and lost over 65 pounds so I know it works but I just want to be healthy. I will start exercising after I'm doing good on this WOE for a while. Just wanted to say hi to everyone!
Old 08-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #1909
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/267/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Hi Carterbv!!!!

It is great to meet you! We are all here to cheer you on!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #1910
Senior LCF Member

Maybe I'll take a break from the exercising to see what happens. Thanks ladies!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #1911
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Most, if not all cattle are "grass fed." It's much cheaper to pasture an animal till market than to be preparing grains for them besides too much is not cost effective for the farmer/rancher. It's also not healthy for the animal?? A little grain, yes but not the bulk of the diet.

I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. There is no pasture available on commercial feed lots and the cattle are fed grains (and other byproducts) because it is much cheaper than feeding them hay. I agree that feeding a grazing animal grains is not healthy for the animal and by extension the people eating the animal....that's kind of the point of people preferring grass fed. It is expensive though and grain fed meat is still healthier than processed carbs.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #1912
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neener207 View Post
Bonny - Have you tried tonic water with quinine? My gram had leg cramps and quinine helped...not sure the carb count but I know they have diet tonic water.
I'm actually a little scared quinine.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #1913
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny Jean , I say any excuse to see Dr Delicious is a good one! . What did you end up doing tonight? Did you add in extra sodium?
OMG, ain't that the truth. Good heavens that man is ridiculously good looking. My friends and I have tried desperately to find a picture of him and couldn't even find anything on FB! You'd think somebody would have caught him somewhere. I gasped the first time I met him and was actually tempted to try to sneak a pic of him.
Last night I had 3 pcs of rinds and the crumbs but maybe it wasn't enough cause I had 2 little cramps in my feet so am I being "FORCED" to eat 1/2 a bag everyday??

My scale didn't move again so I think I'm done with the salt and/or pork rinds and I'll have to just deal with the leg pain. Makes for some horrible nights but I've been stuck for almost 2 wks and it's making me crazy!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #1914
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
Bonny Jean - Enjoy that Dr visit!!! Maybe he doesn't give you the cure for your cramps because he wants you to come back to see him!
Yay on your loss!!! WTG!!

That's SO funny... he wants me to come back I must admit that we have the silliest time when we're together. I'm constantly cracking jokes and oh my .. does he look pretty when he smiles. My heart skips a beat. I joke about my BP being low unless you're taking it!!
I tease him about not buying domestic cars cause I always seem to be able to pick out which is his in the parking lot and he goes on about "recalls" then he tells me his Porsche is good on gas and I'm like "Oh yeah, I know that's why you bought it.. yeah right. Has nothing to do with being a sleak, sexy, black rag top..... no, not at all. Then he blushes and laughs. Whoa, there's my payout!!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #1915
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar831 View Post
Bonny Jean did you tell your doctor about the leg cramps? A CBC won't usually show potassium or sodium levels. You need an electrolyte panel for that. Night time leg cramps are usually a sign of potassium deficiency. There is a supplement you can take but it is by prescription. Potassium is one of those things too much or too little can be dangerous so they don't sell it over the counter that I know of. Hope you feel better!
That's okay. I do the same thing myself and
Okay, we never talked about an "electrolyte panel" so good excuse/reason to go in again. I did try the supplements for about 5-6 months and no relief so I just dropped them. Nothing changed, good or bad. Thanks for the suggestion!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #1916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Bonny Jean, where are you today?????? I'm really late in posting today and you haven't been here yet????

BMAC, don't let the blip throw you. You know it happens to all of us! Too much is NOT a bad thing, unless you reach the point where you need to start counting calories too. 6 Tablespoons of butter a day is 600 calories. Dr Atkins wrote about a woman that wasn't losing weight, and he couldn't figure out why, and finally discovered that she was eating an entire stick of butter for desert at night and it was just too many calories consumed in the day. As long as you're losing, I would NOT worry about it and enjoy the butter! But if you get stuck at some point and have to start watching calories too, then you may need to cut it down. Until then, enjoy!

Yankee, I OFTEN see a 2 pound bump up on the scale. Way more often then I'd like. But it just happens. Stay patient and consistent and it will come back off.

Kimber, as always, you are ROCKING it! So very impressive!

Welcome Aimee!

Lily, looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Cuda, jump in and join us!

Skinny, you're making great progress! Slow or not, at least it's moving!

Paulette, I'm really glad things are finally leveling out for you! You are so dedicated and your patience and persistence are inspiring!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #1917
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
Bonny Jean, I don't have a Dr. Delicious LOL!!! But just a normal woman for my doc. I feel comfortable with a woman doctor. Having a Dr. Delicious would make me very self-conscious!!!
EXACTLY!!! That's why I don't want him to touch or look at anything below my neck!!! Also why it took 6 years to get my latest physical and the ONLY reason I went thru that was because he blackmailed me and held my CBC hostage until I got my physical. Ugh, that's unethical, isn't it!! Yeah, he's a dandy!!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #1918
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlaneyLynn View Post
I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. There is no pasture available on commercial feed lots and the cattle are fed grains (and other byproducts) because it is much cheaper than feeding them hay. I agree that feeding a grazing animal grains is not healthy for the animal and by extension the people eating the animal....that's kind of the point of people preferring grass fed. It is expensive though and grain fed meat is still healthier than processed carbs.
No worries and I hope I didn't come across as acting like I knew it all?
I have zero experience with "feed lots".. actually I've never seen one in my life. Are you saying these animals are penned in and just fed grain till they're ready for market??? Yes, I do agree hay in very expensive but I know nothing about feed lots. I'm not sure if I wanna know, kind of sounds barbaric and inhuman but again, what do I know. Our cows just got rotated on pasture land and only the girls got fed hay in the winter. I welcome more information....... well, I think??
Old 08-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #1919
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny Jean, where are you today?????? I'm really late in posting today and you haven't been here yet????
Everything's so boring there's no rush to go blah, blah, blah!!

2 rinds and 2 cramps!! No movement on the scale.......... see told ya, boring!!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #1920
Senior LCF Member

MtherGoos, just curious, have you always worked out during your journey?
Closed Thread