Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 03:48 AM   #1831
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/174.5/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Welcome back MthrGoos! Can you believe you are 20lbs UNDER your goal?? That is so incredible!!

I'm sitting pretty at 187.5 today. I'm really hoping to make it to 185 for the end of the month, but we'll see. The thrift shop near my house had a 50% off sale yesterday so I got 10 things for under $50!!! Not too shabby. Off to Detroit this weekend for some more shopping.

Have a great warrior day ladies!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 04:02 AM   #1832
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: elke3008
Stats: 95 kg (aprox 190 lbs?)
WOE: atkins an low carbs
Start Date: jan 17 2012
now, I live in Abu Dhabi and have been looking madly for the atkins 72 book. needless to say its nowhere to get. Amazon is way to expensive to deliver to here. So I was thinking probably we could post our meals and help each other ? or can somebody put the induction PLAN ? because i need a day by day guide to follow not just the can and can-not list. sorry to bother.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:03 AM   #1833
Junior LCF Member

that one went incomplete, somehow the site stopped working ?? sorry
Old 08-26-2014, 04:05 AM   #1834
Senior LCF Member

Elke, there is a skicky in this board that is called Atkins 72 by the book. That has all the rules for Atkins 72. Post your menus if you want people to help. Good luck!
Old 08-26-2014, 04:56 AM   #1835
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mar831
Stats: 245/205.6/150
WOE: Atkins/keto/paleo
Start Date: 5/6/2014
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I am so excited to be part of this group! You seem so supportive and positive! I am super excited for today, my husband and I are going on a lighthouse cruise in Gloucster (not sure if I spelled that right) and we are going out to eat for my favorite thing that I only get once a year! Lobster and it is totally on plan! This way of eating makes me feel so much better. I am so glad I found this group.
Kimber good luck with nursing school! I think that is so awesome! I am a licensed practical nurse and have been for 26 years and it is a wonderful, rewarding profession! I always talk about going back and finishing my degree but have put it off for so long! You are inspiring!!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:19 AM   #1836
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Welcome back MG! Hope you enjoyed your vacation. Congrats on your loss, you're so tiny!! That yoga swing looks interesting!

Paulette, just wanted to share I've been taking celery seed extract supplements for water retention. My right ankle gets pretty swollen for some reason I need to get it checked but that supplement has really helped me get rid of the excess water and the swelling.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:23 AM   #1837
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014

I'm not sure how that number could be real and I will be praying it sticks for tomorrow but I am going to celebrate it for today!

MG - Congrats on the additional weight loss!! You are doing so well and giving me hope that I too will meet and exceed my expectations!! So glad to see you back! Love the new pics. That contraption looks interesting! Thank you for your support...I would not be as successful as I am without you and Bonny Jean showing me the way. Thank you so much for sharing so openly here so that the rest of us have a known success to follow!

Bmac - Wow on the clothes!! Have fun shopping in Detroit! Make sure you have someone take a few pics of you with some of your new outfits!!

Mary - Thank you for your support. I am scared to death about going back to school....kind of wondering if this old brain can even learn and retain things anymore, but I have decided not to let doubt and fear run my life! Keep up the good work and you will be successful in your goals!
ENJOY THAT LOBSTER!!!

Welcome Elke. The easiest way to eat is to find a few things that you like that are on plan and to stick to them--or at least that is the best way for me. We are here to answer any questions you may have! Good luck!

Tweaker - "If I started running marathons we wouldn't have to worry about me losing weight cause I'd be six feet under" I'm sure we ALL feel that way when we first start out but eventually our bodies do get with the program!

Emerald - The tuition is definitely worrisome for me as well, but we figure that in the long run, it will be so worth it! Don't let something like a little (ok a LOT) of money get in your way!!

Yankee - Crossing my fingers for you that the bloat goes away and you see the 180's!!

Hope everyone has a good on plan day!!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kimbersh47; 08-26-2014 at 05:25 AM..
Old 08-26-2014, 06:38 AM   #1838
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeChic View Post
Welcome back MG! Hope you enjoyed your vacation. Congrats on your loss, you're so tiny!! That yoga swing looks interesting!

Paulette, just wanted to share I've been taking celery seed extract supplements for water retention. My right ankle gets pretty swollen for some reason I need to get it checked but that supplement has really helped me get rid of the excess water and the swelling.
Funny----my right ankle swells more than the left, too. I wonder why? It is a strange thing. I will be researching the celery seed extract, but adding one more pill to take is not something I really want to do. I take 8 pills every morning and 2 at night. I hate taking pills. Hard for me to swallow.

HELLO MTHRGOOS!!!! It is great that you are back. I missed you and your reasonable and sound advice. Your photos are great
Old 08-26-2014, 07:34 AM   #1839
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
MAMAG: OMG, I've missed you SO MUCH!!!!

WTH woman!!!! Are you eating air??? I'm totally running out of words to express my sheer awe of your accomplishments!!
You are just incredible lady!! Did I mention how much I missed you??

Holy Hannah, can't believe your pics. Who is that???
Wow, can't tell you from your 8 yr old granddaughter.
UNBELIEVABLE!! Remarkable!! ... okay, there's a couple.

Thanks for all your support and kind words Warrior Women!!

Maybe I'm crazy or it's just coincidence that I've had some pork rinds every day since Saturday and have not have one nightly leg cramp in 3 nights now?? The problem is my scale stopped moving. Maybe I should just have a tsp of salt everyday instead cause I'm sure it's the sodium and not the high fat that causing this so I must decide if I want pain all night or pleasure in the morning on the scale. Hmm, you'd think that would be an easy decision but it's not!!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:43 AM   #1840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Thanks everyone! Bonny Jean, where are you this morning, you're always on before me!

BMAC, you're doing so great! Enjoy your thrift store finds! You'll be taking them back in no time for even smaller sizes.

Elke, stick to meat, eggs, cheese, and fats. That's it, nothing else, and you'll do fine.

Kimber, thank you for the kind words, but this all came from inside you. You've accomplished this on your own and should be so proud of yourself.

Paulette, I would definitely think the water retention and salt would be causing the scale to stall, but once it gets all leveled out, you're due for a big whoosh!

Yankee, that swing is very interesting! It adds a whole new dimension to a workout!

Mar, welcome to the group!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:51 AM   #1841
Junior LCF Member

woow THANK YOU SOOOO VERY MUCH.
bmac13 - MtherGoos - Kimbersh47

and all of you around here and all other post.

without you it would be impossible.

love you girls
Old 08-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #1842
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Thanks everyone! Bonny Jean, where are you this morning, you're always on before me!
LOOK UP!!! .............
Old 08-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #1843
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Yankee- thanks lady. I hope your bloating is gone soon so you can hit your next low!

Mtherg- welcome back glad you had a nice vacation. Congrats on all the weight loss that is truly amazing how the pounds are just melting off you! It is so inspiring and motivating.

Bonnie- that is a hard decision. Maybe just adding some salt to every meal will help the cramping and not cause a stall on the scale? Cramps are awful and hurt so relief if needed. Maybe you could try potassium pills to help with the cramping I know that worked for me.

My scale is at 159.4 this morning which I'll take! It seems I have about a week that my number jumps around and then it goes down. Had bulletproof coffee for breakfast and two over easy eggs. My 3year old woke up vomiting and has a slight fever and runny nose. I hope my other two don't catch what he has. Hope everyone is having a good morning.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #1844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny Jean, we must have been posting at the same time! I'm glad to be back too! Really missed you!

I'm at 129.6 today!!! So I'm officially in the 120's...... barely, but I'm counting it.

Bonny Jean, that is a tough one! Yeah, I would say your body is trying to tell you that you need more sodium. Kind of sounds like what Paulette is dealing with. What if you tried just adding more sodium once or twice a week and see if that helps?

Skinny, hope your baby is feeling better!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #1845
Senior LCF Member

Bonny Jean, I never had leg cramps, but I was feeling very lethargic. If not for the blood test, I would have never known! My sodium and potassium are in the normal range now, but on the low side. And my weight is starting to drop again. I lost 3 lbs in just the past 2 days. Still about a lb to go to reach my last low of 273.8, but I am sure it will get there and pass it within the next few days
Old 08-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #1846
Senior LCF Member

Elke, there is a thread on the '72 that just has lists of people's menus for the day so you can get an idea of what some of us are eating each day. Check it out.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #1847
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bonny Jean, that is a tough one! Yeah, I would say your body is trying to tell you that you need more sodium. Kind of sounds like what Paulette is dealing with. What if you tried just adding more sodium once or twice a week and see if that helps?
Maybe I could try putting a little more on my meat at supper?? Sure don't wanna be eating several rinds every single night but I must say I've had a pretty good sleep the last few nights. I do have to wonder though why a sodium deficit would'nt have shown up on my blood work cause he tested for everything, including thyroid, etc, etc.
Things that make you go hmm....
Old 08-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #1848
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Paulette, how odd about the swelling on one ankle. I've had it for quite some time. Glad you're losing again!! Darn scale has to go down sometime!

Thanks Kimber and I'm really enjoying reading about all of your successes! It's very inspirational! I've always wanted to be a nurse but only got as far as a certification in Medical Assisting. Good luck with everything!

Thanks skinny...I'm still too afraid to get on the scale as today I skipped breakfast because of rushing around with the kids. I have to drop my son off at Kindergarten at 8:25am and rush like a mad woman to the next county to drop my daughter off at preschool at 9am. It was just crazy today...I'm hoping your little guy feels better soon!! And hooray for the 150s!!

Welcome Elke!!

Bonny, my Italian grandma, god rest her soul, always told me, if you get a charlie horse or leg cramps, put your bare feet on a cold floor and it will go away...lol...it works for me! I haven't tried the pork rinds because I've read from you fine women that it can cause a stall or gain so I'll hold off...but they sound good...especially as a coating for meat...yum.

Working on my profile pic...I still have to do the side by side thing...not sure if you all would see much a difference with my 22 pound loss...I went to the Orthodontist today and I haven't seen them since I lost the weight and they didn't say anything...bummer...I'll just post a regular pic for now.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #1849
Senior LCF Member

Yankee, I don't so much see a stall or gain from the pork rinds, just a little blip in the scale. I know it is just water weight though, as I always see it go back down the next day. But that is usually only if I use a lot in my cooking for coating meat or if I eat a lot by themselves. If I just have a little bit for a snack, I'm usually still good for a lower number on the scale the next day.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #1850
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeChic View Post
Bonny, my Italian grandma, god rest her soul, always told me, if you get a charlie horse or leg cramps, put your bare feet on a cold floor and it will go away...lol...it works for me! I haven't tried the pork rinds because I've read from you fine women that it can cause a stall or gain .
Well, I think it might have stalled my scale but that scale does that too often anyway. Nice to see your picture cutey pie!!

I just about fell on my keister when I jumped outta bed to get rid of the cramp and didn't realize my darn foot was twisted inwards.
It's like...... okay, it's 3am and I'm wide awake now!! So far the magnesium and potassium seemed to make no difference so against all odds I'm kinda leaning towards the pork rinds helping, God forbid!!
My luck.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #1851
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
Bonny Jean, I never had leg cramps, but I was feeling very lethargic. If not for the blood test, I would have never known! My sodium and potassium are in the normal range now, but on the low side. And my weight is starting to drop again. I lost 3 lbs in just the past 2 days. Still about a lb to go to reach my last low of 273.8, but I am sure it will get there and pass it within the next few days
Paulette, I never had cramps in my life and they only started 6 months into my woe. Again, perfect CBC so I don't know what the dealeo is???
Old 08-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #1852
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Poohsmommi
Stats: 221/217/145
WOE: 1972 Atkins
Start Date: 09/01/2014
Hi guys,

I'm starting on September 1st. Do you have any suggestions for chicken broth? I like to sip it during the day as it helps with cravings, but I'm having a hard time finding one that doesn't contain sugar!

Last edited by Poohsmommi; 08-26-2014 at 12:31 PM..
Old 08-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #1853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny Jean, I think it's going to be trial and error, but try that. See if adding extra salt to your meat at night helps. Couldn't hurt!

Yankee, love the picture! I would imagine that your dentist sees lots of people and maybe just didn't notice, but I'm sure you can definitely see a difference! Plus, people are often just uncomfortable mentioning that they notice you've lost weight, as though they are saying you were fat in the first place. You know what I mean. They're afraid we'll take it the wrong way. But don't worry, in time they'll start saying something.

Welcome PoohMommi! Glad to have you join us! For the broth, your best bet is to make it yourself.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:17 PM   #1854
Senior LCF Member

PoohMommi, I make my own broth all the time. I usually cook a whole chicken in my slow cooker all day. Then I take all the meat off the chicken and cook whatever is remaining in the same juice with more water in my slow cooker for another 24 hours. Turns out pretty good.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #1855
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bonny Jean, I think it's going to be trial and error, but try that. See if adding extra salt to your meat at night helps. Couldn't hurt!
SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #1856
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
WOE: A 72 Induction (Hard Core!)
I make bone broth. It is fill of nutrients. The trick is to add apple cider vinegar with the mother. It pulls the nutrients out of the bones. I use bones and chicken feet.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #1857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I need someone to come over and make some of the broth for me! I can never get it to come out right!

Bonny Jean, me too! Missed you guys!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #1858
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kmme
Hi All
So happy to be here. I'm hoping for some advice. after a month long stall at 165, I slowly went to 162 after doing strict Atkins 72, however over the last 2 days I have popped back up to 166. I know weight can fluctuate but 4 pounds in 2 days seems a little crazy to me. The only change I have made is I have as of Saturday I have started back on my body pump classes at the gym after 3 months off. I do eat just once a day as I eat to hunger ( sometimes I'm not hungry then, but decided I should get 1 meal in) This week's meal has been ground beef with some cheddar cheese and sour cream for flavour. I do drink 3-4 coffee's per day with WF cream and carb free sweetener. Any suggestions you guys could make would be great as I am at a loss to explain it.
Thanks in advance
Kim
Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #1859
Senior LCF Member

Is an organic, raw vitamin B complex pill, but it contains brewer's yeast ok?
Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #1860
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
I make bone broth. It is fill of nutrients. The trick is to add apple cider vinegar with the mother. It pulls the nutrients out of the bones. I use bones and chicken feet.
I found one online like this. $34 for 2 servings! Yikes!! I'll make my own ;-)
Closed Thread