Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 02:42 AM   #1801
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mar831
Stats: 245/205.6/150
WOE: Atkins/keto/paleo
Start Date: 5/6/2014
New here

Hi everyone! I'm Mary. I have lost about 55 lbs doing paleo, but I have stalled in a big way and after alot of research I think that this version of Atkins will get me started again, I am about 55lbs from goal right now. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and losing the rest of this weight!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2014, 03:08 AM   #1802
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/174.5/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Morning warrior ladies and happy Monday!!!!

I had a very busy weekend. Had a yard sale on Saturday and I had over 200 articles of plus sized clothes to sell as they don't fit anymore!!! Woohoo! Made a couple bucks and now I can get some new clothes!

So, it is official, I have won my weight loss challenge! So a few more bucks in my pocket for some new clothes. Yay!

Kimber, super congrats on the mega losses whole on vacation and a huge congrats for going back to school!

Welcome to you newcomers! As many others have said, without these boards I do not know if I would be where I am with my weight loss journey. The first 2 months I was glued to these threads. I have a ton more confidence in myself now and although I may not check in as I often as I used to, I know you ladies are all here for me and it makes a world of difference!!

Paulette, you deserve a huge congrats for sticking to plan for a month long stall!! Its sometimes hard yo stay on plan even when you're losing, so staying on plan while having a stall is an incredible indication of your will power and is truly amazing.

Congrats to everyone's weight loss. For those who are not seeing it as fast, just be patient, it will happen. I am the most impatient person ever and I think I have finally accepted the fact that the weight will come off and does at its own pace.

Today I'm at 187.4, 44lbs down in 3 1/2 months. Woohoo!

I hope everyone has a super day!!

Mini goals:

200lbs by August 12, 2014 Weigh in at weight loss challenge (Made it-July 18, 2014)
180lbs by October 4, 2014 Costa Rica Trip (Made it-Sept 12, 2014)
165lbs by November 25, 2014 My Birthday
145lbs by April 2, 2015
Old 08-25-2014, 03:21 AM   #1803
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/273/130
WOE: Atkins 72, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Good morning All!
Scale is finally moving again....onward and downward!!
Congrats to all of the losers!!
The weekend was productive....now back to work again....
Here is to wishing everyone a wonderful day/week!
Old 08-25-2014, 03:37 AM   #1804
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014

Well, this morning my wonderful vacation has officially come to an end. It is time to go back to work so that I can make and save some money so that I can do this again next year!

Congratulations Bmac! I am so glad that you won that money! Make sure you take a pic of you in one of your new outfits to share with us!

Sherlock - I'm glad to hear that the scales are cooperating with you again!

Mary - Welcome! Good luck on your journey to goal. These women here are amazing supporters and a great inspiration! Visit often, follow the advice and you are sure to succeed!

Hope everyone has a good on plan day!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:32 AM   #1805
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Morning All

Mary!

Congrats bmac, Kimber and Denise!!
Paulette, I'm sure people are noticing but why they don't say something is beyond me? I too was at a 50+ lb loss before anybody said a word. One guy said he was afraid to say anything cause he wasn't sure if I was sick or not. I guess it's a legitimate reason but you'll start to hear it more and more, I'm sure of that!!

Well, although I indulged in too many pork rinds this weekend, I haven't had severe leg cramps in 2 night now??? Did the sodium help?? I sure hope so cause it caused a major blip on my scale!!! Still under 149 but just barely. I know it will go but still wondering if there's any correlation between the two?
Old 08-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #1806
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Mary- welcome to the group congrats on your loss so far. Look forward to getting to know you.

Bmac- nice getting money is always a good thing. Congrats on the win!

Sherlock- yay so happy the scale is moving again that is great!

Bonnie- glad the pork rinds helped with the leg cramps that is a good thing. I know how painful those can be. I got cramps on the tops of my feet this Saturday not fun! You're still down so that is great.

Well feeling good this am the scale is back down! From 162 to 159! Feeling good that my body went right back to the 150's again I feel like it is official I will be in the 150's for a bit. Hope all of you ladies have a great day!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #1807
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/177/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Good Morning Everyone,

Paulette: You were losing so quickly for so long that maybe your body just needs some time to catch up with your losses? Even if you're not seeing big losses on the scale, I bet your clothes are getting looser? How are those new jeans you just bought?

bmac: congrats on winning the challenge!

Kimber: I'm sorry your vacation time has come to an end, but WOW, what great progress you made while on vacation and still eating delicious foods. I hope you got some great new furniture on your trip!

Skinny: How are you doing today? Hopefully the wine weight is gone and you're back to losing.

Everyone else, hope you have a great day!

I'm making this for dinner tonight:

Korean style beef! YUM!

Ingredients:
•Beef -- flank steak, sirloin, or your favorite -- cut in ½ inch strips against the grain or whole
•For Each Pound of Beef, make the following marinade:
•¼ cup soy sauce
•¼ cup chicken broth (or water, the difference is subtle)
•2 Tablespoons artificial sweetener
•2 Tablespoon sesame oil
•1 teaspoon black pepper
•1 teaspoon fresh garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
•1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
•2 green onions (scallions) chopped
•1 Tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)

Preparation:

Cut the beef into half-inch strips if the butcher didn't do it for you. (In a large U.S. supermarket, this means finding the bell and ringing it. Someone will come out; it's their job to cut meat.) If the meat has a grain (obvious lines) like flank steak, cut perpendicular to those lines. How to Cut Meat Against the Grain

Mix the marinade ingredients up, and put the meat in. Marinate anywhere from an hour to overnight. If you use artificial sweetener, consider adding just a teaspoon of dark molasses for flavor.

Grill quickly on a hot grill.

Will let you know how it is!
Old 08-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #1808
Senior LCF Member

Colleen- that meat sounds yummy I am going to try that this weekend when I go buy some flank steak from the store! Thanks for the great idea.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #1809
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/177/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Skinny:

It does look good, doesn't it! Obviously, I'm skipping the Molasses for flavoring. Otherwise, it looks like it's pretty low carb..just the spices. I generally just grill my meat with salt, pepper and butter so all the other flavorings/spices in this will certainly be enough for me.

We have football practice tonight, so I needed to plan ahead because we will eat earlier than usual.

Do you cook different things for your whole family or does your husband and kids eat what you eat?

My husband has lost 10 lbs in the last couple of weeks without even trying. LOL He's just been eating what I eat and went from 177 to 167 in no time! Darn MEN!
Old 08-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #1810
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
WOE: A 72 Induction (Hard Core!)
I'm following along and I'm so happy for everyone who is losing. Also stalls suck but hang in there.

I have had no dairy and have not eaten off plan AT ALL and have only lost 3.2lbs in 8 days. I was hoping for 5lbs.

Oh and I gave up my beloved wine. My routine is when I get home from work my husband and I would go to the roof and I would have a nice chilled glass of Pinot Grigio.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #1811
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflowertulip View Post
Oh Paulette, I feel your pain. Same thing here, but like I said before, extra salt helps sooooo much, even more than potassium I think. I can really feel it when I neglect it, so I'll take the water retention any day!!

Out of curiosity, did your doctor have any suggestions for how to get more salt? Techniques? Just add extra salt to you food?

I put salt in little gel caps (a gram of salt) and take them with a meal, but I do it a little uneasily. Seems sort of.... I don't know. Unnatural. But I don't want the MSG and carbs in bullion and have NO desire to make my own.
My doctor just told me to add more salt to my food. I had switched to NoSalt, which was probably a bad thing, but I am now using Morton Lite Salt which is a mixture of sodium and potassium. I sprinkle it on all my food. I am also not afraid to sprinkle a little soy sauce on my stirfry now. Makes it taste better and adds sodium.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #1812
Senior LCF Member

Colleen- I usually plan to eat whatever meat I fix for DH and kids and then make them their sides. Since I usually only eat the fish, meat and some eggs my DH would starve if he didn't have carbs and he is skinny so he doesn't have to worry about losing. I know what you mean men don't usually have to try and can lose pretty quickly.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #1813
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
My doctor just told me to add more salt to my food. I had switched to NoSalt, which was probably a bad thing, but I am now using Morton Lite Salt which is a mixture of sodium and potassium. I sprinkle it on all my food. I am also not afraid to sprinkle a little soy sauce on my stirfry now. Makes it taste better and adds sodium.
Try coconut amino acids. So much better then soy sauce.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:47 PM   #1814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post

My goal was to hit 245 by the end of this month. I still feel like that is possible -- now to see if my body will cooperate with my efforts!

NSV -- Hubby says that he is having difficulty finding me in Walmart! He doesn't recognize me at first glance anymore he says! He said that happened on our way to Maine as well. I had gone to the bathroom and when I headed back his way he saw me looking at him and heading towards him and thought, " Who is that pretty woman heading my way?" And then he noticed that it was ME! I told him last night that if he was having trouble after the 1st 80lbs...wait until he sees the next!! I probably won't be recognizable to myself! And I'm ok with that!

Tweaker - I still have 99.4 pounds to go til goal so Bonny Jean will most definitely get to her goal before I get to mine but like you said, who gets there first, among all of us, doesn't really matter because eventually we will all get there! It's nice, for me, to have people like Bonny Jean and MG cheering the rest of us on. Seeing their success makes me believe in my own success.

I started this WOE with 181lbs to lose. That should have overwhelmed me but I saw people here who have lost that much and more and that gave me the inspiration I needed to make this happen for me. I lurked here for about 4 months and then realized that it was selfish of me not to share my journey because maybe I could be an inspiration to someone as so many people here have inspired me. So if you are lurking...please start posting. Share your story. Post your before and during pics. Inspire others! That's what this place is all about.

Hope everyone has a good on plan day today!
Kim - I've been absent a couple of days and haven't totally caught up on all the posts yet but I did want to respond to your post. First off, I thought you and Bonny were so close because I've been reading your 2's as 1's! So, my friend, I'm just getting you there so much faster!!

I do think you'll make your 245 by the end of the month, I'm cheering you on to victory! There is no doubt in my mind that you will make your ultimate goal.

Nice NSV, Kim, your hubby will be doing lots of double takes when you get to your final goal!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 08-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #1815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Brown - Congratulations on the 20 pound loss!

Kim - Nursing school - Terrific - you are amazing, girl!

Bonny - I agree with you 100% -- everyone here is so supportive and encouraging. It's nice to be with like-minded people who don't put down your way of eating and tell you it's bad for you. "Low fat is sooo much better" - ya right!!

Paulette - sorry you had no loss for the month, you'll make up for it next month no doubt. I'm glad your friend finally acknowledged your loss.

Welcome Mary. This is a great support group.

Bmac - Congratulations on winning the challenge - yay! Have fun shopping for new clothes.

My loss hasn't been great this month, again. I don't have too much to lose and it just doesn't want to budge. I've bounced around the 143-145(6) area for a couple weeks now. Hopefully September will be better and I'll finally get below 140!

Anyone I missed, congratulations if you lost and chin up if you didn't, it will happen! We all know that, right?
Old 08-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #1816
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lilyflowertulip
Stats: 265/230.2/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Jan 2014 (restart)
Hi guys! I just finished my first day of school and somehow managed not to dive face first into a pint of ice cream from the stress- go me! Lol. I wanted to post what I ate for the day though and see what those of you more experienced with 72 think of it. Here's what it was:

Breakfast: Bulletproof coffee with two tbl butter and two tbl cream as well as two boiled eggs. (I had this about 5:30 and it kept me going till about 10, which isn't bad!)

Snack: a boiled egg and a ton of pork rinds... about a third of the package! (two ounces) I was so hungry and I needed the salt, I could feel my leg muscles twitching!

Lunch: Chicken liver pate (basically chicken livers... probably 4 ounces livers, seasonings and 3-4 tablespoons butter) I get 2.5 carbs, mainly from onion powder in seasonings

Dinner: Omlette made with 2 eggs, 1/4 cup chicken, a tablespoon blue cheese and a small handful of colby cheese fried in 1 tablespoon butter

Whoa, I didn't realize it until I looked over this, but I ate a ton of butter! Probably a good 6-7 tablespoons, maybe even 8 if I cut off generous tablespoons. Does that seem like too much? I'm trying to keep fat high and protein moderate, but it does seem crazy to eat that much butter. Also, on a typical day I eat more meat but after my first day craziness, an omlette made from leftovers was all I was good for!

I'm eating leftover omlette for breakfast and lunch tmr and then hamburger patties with mayo for dinner. I'm pretty sure that's very Atkins 72 compliant and if I still have my BPC that will only be like 3 tablespoons butter for the day.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #1817
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, that's a fair share of butter!

Where's the meat Lily??? I agree to high fat, moderate protein but I don't see any "protein" that will hold you till the next morning. Hey, it may bode quite well with you but I know I'd be pretty hungry in the morning if I didn't have a few ounces of meat at my evening meal.
I'm not telling you what to eat, of course but a 2 egg omelette certainly wouldn't hold me. Other than that, it looks good to me but let's see what the other girls think. I always love hearing other points of view and most times it's very helpful. That's just MHO!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #1818
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, it was very light on the meat today. I wouldn't say it was a typical day, for sure, though I do eat a fair amount of eggs usually. I ate in total 5 eggs, 4 ounces chicken livers, about 2 ounces chicken and 2 ounces pork rinds... not sure they count as protein? I usually eat more protein and less fat, so posting my daily menu probably didn't help much, other than making me realize just how much butter I ate which I swear had never even occurred to me, lol! Amazing how that delicious butter goes right down!!

I'll eat more meat tmr and less butter!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #1819
Senior LCF Member

Oh and I actually eat lighter in the evening because I get sour stomach if I go to bed with food on my stomach, which explains the little omlette. I usually do most of my eating in the mornings and at lunch. I think I might scrounge around and see if I can add some more protein to my breakfast omlette to keep me going, now that we're talking about it, actually. Thank you for your input Bonny Jean!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #1820
Big Yapper!!!!

Liver is a "carby" protein. If I recall correctly liver has about 2 carbs per ounce. I love liver but right now it's off my rotation.

Last edited by Emerald; 08-25-2014 at 05:50 PM..
Old 08-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #1821
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/174.5/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Lily, how about some bacon? I have two pieces with my omelet every morning. I always try to throw bacon in stuff, cause it's delicious!!! And it has protein and fat. Careful with the pork rinds as you'll probably see a bump if you eat too many. Otherwise it looks good to me.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #1822
Senior LCF Member

It's been hard for me to find a definitive carb count on livers... A lot of different sources say different things, you know? And they often vary very widely, for that matter. I finally decided to go with the count that pops up when you put it in a google search, which is .3 per ounce, but that might very well be me being optimistic and 'hoping' that's the right count! Livers are a pretty rare treat for me though and it might be best if I give them a rest for a while I'm try to lose weight more quickly. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #1823
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflowertulip View Post
Yeah, it was very light on the meat today. I wouldn't say it was a typical day, for sure, though I do eat a fair amount of eggs usually. I ate in total 5 eggs, 4 ounces chicken livers, about 2 ounces chicken and 2 ounces pork rinds... not sure they count as protein? I usually eat more protein and less fat, so posting my daily menu probably didn't help much, other than making me realize just how much butter I ate which I swear had never even occurred to me, lol! Amazing how that delicious butter goes right down!!

I'll eat more meat tmr and less butter!
Okay, so today's menu wasn't a "typical" day then?? Well, if you can eat light at dinner and not have a grumbling tummy then I agree that's a good thing. We only eat till full so you shouldn't feel too stuffed by bedtime but if I had a lighter supper I'd be famished in the morning. If I could have my biggest amount in the morning and trickle down throughout the day, the would be my choice for sure. Lily, is this is working for you then don't change a thing. Stick to nothing but your allowable food, in any order that works for you and you'll be just fine!!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #1824
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Lily - Whoa! I thought I was eating a lot of butter when I was eating 1/2 stick with my lobster but a whole stick?! You rock! BTW...I lost 8lbs while on vacation and eating 1/2 stick butter every other night so maybe you have the right idea here! I LOVE butter and if I had to eat a bunch of butter a day to lose....that would be more than ok with me! I don't even need anything else to go along with my butter....it is good all on its own!

Tweaker - I sure do wish that my 2's were actually 1's!! Next year for sure!! Then I will be losing slow like all you other skinny ladies. I am enjoying my rate of losses now while I can! Stick with it and it will eventually come off. Or maybe you will have to start running marathons like MG!

Emerald - In the long run, giving up that wine will be so worth it!

Skinny - Yay for you getting back to the 150's!!!

Colleen - It is rather frustrating when we see our men drop pounds with little to no effort. Just not fair!

I'm one step closer to being a college student----ordered the transcripts from the other 2 schools I've been to!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:26 PM   #1825
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Mary, welcome and congrats on your loss!!
bmac, congrats on winning the challenge! Have fun buying some new clothes!!
sherlock, glad you're scale is moving downward again!
skinny, yay for being back in the 150s. i knew it would be a short stay in the 160s for you since it was a wine gain.
sahm, that korean dish sounds really good and love your new pic.
lily, way to go for finishing your first day of school! are you a student or teacher?

feeling super bloated today so i didn't want to get on the scale today. i could see in my stomach that it will be up. my pork chops this afternoon were a bit salty...maybe that's why. i want to see 189 so bad, i will be heart broken if i get on the scale and it's over 190. i'm working so very hard.

have a great night everyone!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #1826
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Lily - Whoa! I thought I was eating a lot of butter when I was eating 1/2 stick with my lobster but a whole stick?! You rock! BTW...I lost 8lbs while on vacation and eating 1/2 stick butter every other night so maybe you have the right idea here! I LOVE butter and if I had to eat a bunch of butter a day to lose....that would be more than ok with me! I don't even need anything else to go along with my butter....it is good all on its own!

Tweaker - I sure do wish that my 2's were actually 1's!! Next year for sure!! Then I will be losing slow like all you other skinny ladies. I am enjoying my rate of losses now while I can! Stick with it and it will eventually come off. Or maybe you will have to start running marathons like MG!

Emerald - In the long run, giving up that wine will be so worth it!

Skinny - Yay for you getting back to the 150's!!!

Colleen - It is rather frustrating when we see our men drop pounds with little to no effort. Just not fair!

I'm one step closer to being a college student----ordered the transcripts from the other 2 schools I've been to! :up:

That is so fantastic! I would love to go back to school but the price/tuition is a big deterrent for me.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #1827
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Hi everyone! Finally home, but just time for a quickie note. I'll be back to my regular posting tomorrow !

Managed to lose about 10 pounds on vacation , I'm at 130.1. Can't believe I'm almost in the 120's.

I've attached a picture of my daughters and I and my granddaughter heading out for a girls day out to celebrate my granddaughters 8th birthday.

Colleen, you're doing great, but I'm pretty sure soy sauce has way too many carbs and isn't on induction. You might want to double check, but I seem to remember it having carbs in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (59.9 KB, 55 views)
Old 08-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #1828
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
If I started running marathons we wouldn't have to worry about me losing weight cause I'd be six feet under!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:49 PM   #1829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One more picture. I was trying out the new yoga swing in my daughters studio. So fun! Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (26.4 KB, 62 views)
Old 08-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #1830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kimber, just want to say how incredibly proud I am of you. You are truly hard core and accomplishing great things!

Bonny Jean, missed our daily chats and glad to be back online! You are blowing me away with your losses. I'm so crazy proud of you. You're so darn skinny now! Haven't you passed your original goal?
Closed Thread