Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #1771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
WTG Brown!! Don't you feel amazing already?! It always feels good to get that 1st 20 off! Sorry to hear about your Dad. It is hard when our folks start having medical problems. Kudos for you sticking to plan!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2014, 07:12 AM   #1772
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lilyflowertulip
Stats: 265/230.2/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Jan 2014 (restart)
Good job Brown! The first twenty pounds are when people really started noticing my weight loss and getting some acknowledgement from other people really helped me stay on plan. Sorry about the stresses of life, though! School starts for me tmr and I have a feeling I'm just going to be hanging onto sanity by the tips of my fingers for a couple of weeks until my students get to know me and my rules. I'm actually hoping to simplify my life a little by not having much variety in my cooking, though, so this might actually help me weight loss-wise.

Are you a teacher or a student?
Old 08-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #1773
Senior LCF Member

Well, I went and did something today that I have been putting off because of my weight but I've decided I am not going to let that stop me anymore. I just applied to the University of South Alabama!! I plan to study nursing. I know I'm almost 50 years old, but I am not going to let that stop me either!! Woohoo!
Old 08-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #1774
Senior LCF Member

KIMBER THAT'S AMAZING!!!! You should be so proud of yourself. It really takes a lot of bravery to go to school after being out of it for a while, but you will absolutely get back into the swing of things. And you won't be the only person there who isn't just out of high school, either, so don't let that intimidate you. In fact, I often observed that the older members of my classes did better than the younger ones because they were smarter, had more world experience and were less likely to let extraneous things (you know college kids... partying, lol) distract them.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #1775
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brown79
Stats: 300/273/165
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: July 13, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflowertulip View Post
Good job Brown! The first twenty pounds are when people really started noticing my weight loss and getting some acknowledgement from other people really helped me stay on plan. Sorry about the stresses of life, though! School starts for me tmr and I have a feeling I'm just going to be hanging onto sanity by the tips of my fingers for a couple of weeks until my students get to know me and my rules. I'm actually hoping to simplify my life a little by not having much variety in my cooking, though, so this might actually help me weight loss-wise.

Are you a teacher or a student?
Starting my 28th year. I teach kindergarten. The 1st month is hard and exhausting. We have so much testing to do this year.
I'm frying up hamburger patties right now for the week. I'm trying to keep it simple.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #1776
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brown79
Stats: 300/273/165
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: July 13, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
Well, I went and did something today that I have been putting off because of my weight but I've decided I am not going to let that stop me anymore. I just applied to the University of South Alabama!! I plan to study nursing. I know I'm almost 50 years old, but I am not going to let that stop me either!! Woohoo!
That's fantastic!!!
Old 08-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #1777
Senior LCF Member

I'm an art teacher and this is my 7th year. I'm not as nervous as I was my first couple of years for sure, but the nerves are still there. The first month is really hard and I get scared every year about what kind of students I'll have. One already has me extremely upset- he's so bad that last year I could have pressed assault charges on him, but decided not to... it's come back to bite me on the butt because I got him for the third year now! (he's already had 4 teachers press charges on him, some more than once...) I'm really going to have to watch myself on stress eating with that, because it's a daily battle with him.

But you know what? If I was teaching kindergarten I'd be even more TERRIFIED! I think elem teachers are like miracle workers, esp the younger grades. They're still babies at that age!!!! I'm secondary though, so that might have something to do with it, hee hee. I know a lot of primary teachers who would sooner jump off a cliff than teach high school.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #1778
Senior LCF Member

I think you both are brave! I wouldn't want to be stuck in a classroom with that many kids no matter their age!! Kudos to all the teachers!!!
Old 08-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #1779
Senior LCF Member

I just realized that I have LESS than 100lbs til goal!!
Old 08-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #1780
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Morning All

Before I begin with all the thank you's and whatnot, I have to gush about this wonderful helpdesk technician, Cheri. With all the issues I'm having trying to post and load pictures etc, etc, it was Cheri, time and time again that helped me add, remove, size and re-post my pictures. She was a godsend as I was pulling my hair out (omg, especially when they were MEGA size). I just wanted to let you know should you ever go thru what I did, she is most definitely your "go to girl." Thank you Cheri for saving me 100 less grey hairs.

I can't say thank you enough for all the support and wonderful you girls say. You really warm my heart with all your kind words. When I came on almost a year ago, my biggest support then was mthergoos and without her I don't believe I would have accomplished what I did. I'm almost 100% sure I would have quit. For me these boards and all you wonderful girls are the reason some or maybe most of us are successful.
This is hard, of course it is but with all the love and support we can offer each other, it will happen for all of us. Just stay true to yourself, your conviction to your new woe, absorb all the love and support you can and YOU WILL SUCCEED!!! Honesty, you will!!!
My deepest gratitude to everyone that has been my friend and supporter thru all this. I truly owe you all and many, many thanks my friends.
Just love you girls to pieces!!
Old 08-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #1781
Major LCF Poster!

Kimber: Like I've said before, you are the girl to watch!!! So happy for all the news you share! Congrats on the weight loss and huge hugs for your decision to go back to school. That's crazy awesome and we're never to old for anything, well maybe mini-skirts and bikini's but other than that.... go for it!!! So proud of you, hon.
Didn't I say this woe was LIFE CHANGING!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #1782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 22 2014
Quote:
Congrats !!

I can't believe you are almost 50 I didn't even thing you were 40!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #1783
Senior LCF Member

See what I'm talking about?! You guys are just so generous with your support, advice, encouragement, and compliments! I just LOVE this place!!

Thank you again Bonny Jean for your unending belief in me! There have been many days that I have been down and you are always there to cheer me up! I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate that.

Thank you Neener! I am really lucky to have good genes. My Mom and Dad are in their mid-seventies and look like they are 60!! My Dad hardly has any gray hair (thanks Dad for passing that gene to me!) and my Mom doesn't have many wrinkles (not sure if that will play out for me being I have stretched my skin to its limits).

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #1784
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you again Bonny Jean for your unending belief in me! There have been many days that I have been down and you are always there to cheer me up! I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate that.
Ah, you're more than welcome dear Kimber. You're pretty easy to believe in, you know. You're Hard Core, you're a Warrior, you stay on plan, you don't cheat, etc. How could I not have the utmost respect and admiration for you!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #1785
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Kimber - congrats on the official 80lb loss! That is such a huge accomplishment. That is was on you are following your passion and going to school good for you.

Angaa- aww glad you could relate. It is nice to go through and have others who eat the way you do and find out what works for them and you. Stalling is hard and a bit frustrating but always stick to plan and the weight will come off.

Bonnie- I feel the same way you do. You are a great supporter and such an inspiration to all of us. Hearing your words of encouragement and advice help make this journey easier.

I had a mom's night out with some of my exercise mom's and I had wine on Friday night. Well Sunday I was still at 158 and this morning showed a gain 162! Yikes no more I should have learned my lesson the first time I had wine I think I just had too much wine but stayed on eating plan. I am busy cleaning the house and doing laundry today. I plan on walking tonight once I put the kids to bed. Hope everyone had a good weekend
Old 08-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #1786
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Wow you are all truly amazing! I'm reading back on the posts and smiling. Bonny Jean and Kimber, big big congrats for such a huge accomplishment!! Bonny Jean, I can't believe that's you in your pic! You look like a totally different person!! You've come a looooong way!!! And Kimber, good luck on your newest endeavor with going back to school for nursing! You are incredible!!

Way to go to everyone else...skinny in the 150s, bmac in the 180s...forgive me as I know I'm forgetting others!!

This WOE is it for me. I had what you would all call a whoosh I guess? Happened after my TOM. I went from 196 to 190 fairly quickly. I am REALLY looking forward to seeing 189!! Haven't seen it in quite some time. Still working out a lot. I love the exercise bike. I get lost with my ipod and before I know it, an hour has passed. Still doing the DVD as well with light weights. My brother commented on seeing some definition in my arms yesterday which made me feel awesome. My newest mini goal is to be in the 170s by my cruise in 45 days. Do you all think it's doable??

How do you all do those side by side photos on your avatar pic?
Old 08-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #1787
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/177/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Happy Sunday!

It was a beautiful day outside, so we started our morning early at McDonald's for breakfast (where I only got an iced coffee with Splenda) and then we took the kids to the park/playground so my husband could practice some football plays with my son and the girls could swing/slide, etc. Afterward, we went for a family bikeride to get ice cream (just the kids).

Kimber - fantastic loss! CONGRATS! You have done REALLY amazing since January!

Bonny_ Thanks for re-posting the pictures. They are great inspiration for all of us. The blonde hair and pink lipstick is really flattering on your new small frame!

Skinny: Sorry you had a jump on the scale. It'll be gone in a day or two. Hope you had fun with the ladies. What size are you wearing now? I'm just curious because I'll be going to Florida in November and hoping to be about where you are in weight currently and wondering what size I may be in at that time. I'm thinking an 8-10?

Yankee: I do think your goal is achievable, just stick very closely to the plan. I'm shooting for the 170's too, so hopefully I'll meet you there!

TOM arrived this morning. My cycles have become much shorter since starting this WOE. I am at 185 today and hoping to see a bit of a downward movement once this TOM is over! I hoped to reach 179 by end of month. We shall see. I'm down 6 lbs for the month so far, but was shooting for 10 or 11. Praying for a whoosh! I really do think that upping my carbs and calories one day last week helped get my metabolism moving again.

We just finished dinner. I made tacos for the family with blackbeans and brown rice. I ate a grilled burger patty with a slice of cheddar cheese and a dollop of mayonnaise.

Keep up the great work everyone! You're all doing amazing!

Colleen
Old 08-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #1788
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/177/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Yankee: I did mine with picstitch app. It was very easy. We'd love to see your photos!
Old 08-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #1789
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for your support as well.

Skinny Yankee and Colleen

Wishing all you great ladies a wonderful scale day tomorrow!!

Rock on Hard Core Warriors!
Old 08-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #1790
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy SAHM View Post
Yankee: I did mine with picstitch app. It was very easy. We'd love to see your photos!
Thanks so much, I'm working on it. I have a before pic at 212 when I started my weight loss journey on another plan in June...I have to take a pic of me now 22 pounds lighter. Don't know if there's much of a difference...I'd like to hope so! And I will definitely meet you in the 170s...unless you bypass it so fast I can't keep up! lol...
Old 08-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #1791
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/247/130
WOE: Atkins 72, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown79 View Post
Weigh day today. 280. 2 pounds this week. I'll take it. One day at a time. My dad is 81 one, with Alzheimer's. He has not been well this week. I've eaten on plan but with the 1 st week of school and helping my parents I didn't know what scale would say. 1st 20 gone.
Have a great Sunday all.
So sorry to hear about your Dad...
Way to go on the 20 pound loss That's fantastic!! Yay you!
Old 08-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #1792
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/247/130
WOE: Atkins 72, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Quote:
Wow !! That is AWESOME Kimber!!
I would love to do something like that.....I would love a career change!
Congratulations!! Gum so happy and thrilled for you!!
Old 08-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #1793
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Kimber, congrats on reaching the 80lb goal, and a HUGE congrats on having less than 100 to go!!!!!!!! Now if I could only start losing again I would be happy for me, too! I have not shown a loss this whole month.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #1794
Senior LCF Member

Oh! I forgot to add - Friday afternoon was the FIRST TIME that one of my friends made mention about my weight loss!!!!!!!! I was so happy! Took almost 7 months and almost 60 lbs lost before someone said anything!
Old 08-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #1795
Senior LCF Member

Paulette - Yay on someone finally not only noticing your loss, but saying something to you as well!! Sorry for the no loss this month - you are amazing as not only have I not heard even one complaint from you all month, but you have been here cheering those of us who have been losing on! I would have been in here wining and crying to everyone! You rock and I am sending good vibes your way for some big losses this next week!
Old 08-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #1796
Senior LCF Member

Paulette, that's great that someone commented on your weight loss! I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned already! With an almost 60 pound loss and looking at your avatar pic, I could totally see a big difference!!

Brown, so sorry about your dad! ...
Way to go on a 20 pound loss!!
Old 08-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #1797
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Kimber. I have been having issues with my sodium and potassium levels, and the doc has me on pills and is making me add more salt, so I know I am holding on to more water than normal. Also, my damn TOM came back and it didn't help none. On the last leg of that now, so I really am hoping to see some losses the next few weeks.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #1798
Major LCF Poster!

Well there you go Paulette... a couple of pretty strong reasons for being a little stuck, as it were. Sounds temporary, hopefully, and things will start moving very soon for you. Sometimes we are forced to balance out other issues to the what is a hard job to begin with. Fingers crossed things level out for you asap. And ditto what Kimber said!!!
Old 08-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #1799
Senior LCF Member

Oh Paulette, I feel your pain. Same thing here, but like I said before, extra salt helps sooooo much, even more than potassium I think. I can really feel it when I neglect it, so I'll take the water retention any day!!

Out of curiosity, did your doctor have any suggestions for how to get more salt? Techniques? Just add extra salt to you food?

I put salt in little gel caps (a gram of salt) and take them with a meal, but I do it a little uneasily. Seems sort of.... I don't know. Unnatural. But I don't want the MSG and carbs in bullion and have NO desire to make my own.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #1800
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Colleen- you will be at my weight in no time good job on the loss so far this month. I am a size 10 depends on the style of jeans. My tens fit me perfect right now so I am happy about that. I hate the TOM. I too had my periods get shorter since this woe. I get bloated feeling for three days but only have a light period for two days. So strange how our bodies react to things.

Paulette- that is great your friend noticed.i'm sure that felt great! Way to go keep up the good eating.
Closed Thread