Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #1741
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/193/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 22 2014
I weighed myself a few minutes ago and I weigh the same, I've had a chicken breast, 2 burgers, a DIET mt dew and at least 50 oz of water so no way I can weigh the same. Hopefully that's a good sign.

I went over everything I ate from the trip over and over, I'm sure there were more carbs than I normally eat but I stuck to meat, eggs and cheese. Threw out the bun, gave away the potatoes etc. I wouldn't be so upset if I thought, other than the MT Dew, I went off the deep end. Sigh..I just want to feel and look normal again. I know it won't come off overnight and I don't get upset anymore when I stay the same of if I go up and down a little bit but 3 friggin pounds is a lot. I'm going to stick with it, I have to.

Skinny - GREAT way to start the weekend!!

Thanks for the support everyone. Hoping we all have great weekends!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #1742
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/182/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Bonny- Yes, they are beef short ribs. They are long, thinly sliced and are very tender. I bought mine a Sam's Club this week.

This is how I made them. They were incredibly delicious!

4 pounds bone-in OR 3 pounds boneless beef short ribs (I used bone in)
Bacon fat, olive oil, or coconut oil
Adobo seasoning powder and chile powder OR salt & pepper to taste (I used only salt and pepper)
1 medium onions, sliced somewhat thickly (if you want to use mushrooms you can do that too, but I didn't)
2 cups dry red wine
2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
Herb bundle (sprigs of rosemary, oregano, and parsley, tied together with kitchen twine)

1/2 stick of butter

Preheat oven to 325*.

Sprinkle ribs liberally on all sides with seasoning (again, I only used salt & pepper.) Brown ribs on all sides in a little bacon fat, olive oil, or coconut oil. Put in a foil-lined roasting pan that fits the meat with some room. Brown the onion in the same pan; spread over meat.

Add the balsamic vinegar and red wine to the skillet, and heat, stirring, until the wine is simmering. Add the garlic cloves, stir, and pour over meat. Add the herb bundle to the roasting pan, pushing it down into the juices. I also added 1/2 stick of butter cut up over the short ribs before putting them in the oven. Cover with heavy-duty foil and roast 2-3 hours.

Increase heat to 375* and remove foil; roast another 30 minutes or until the meat is getting a good brown on it and the tops are getting a bit of crispy on them.

They were so good. I didn't eat anything but the meat (no onions), and they were very delicious. I have leftovers.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #1743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
I made it home safe and sound!

Tweaker - you will get that scale to move one way or another being a warrior and all Glad to see that you don't let the slower losses get you down.
Thanks, Kim. I don't have all that much less to lose, five to eight pounds I guess would make me happy. I may change my mind and want to go lower but I'm making small goals at this point. A big congratulations to you losing 6 pounds on vacation, that's phenomenal!

Skinny, Ev and Bmac - congrats on the losses!

Neener - eat and drink clean, lots of water, that 3 lbs. will be gone in no time!

Colleen - the beef ribs sound good. I just bought 2 packages of country-style pork ribs today, on sale $1.69 a pound. I put them in the freezer because I already had a package in the fridge that I plan to put in the crock pot this weekend. I love ribs!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 08-22-2014 at 03:37 PM..
Old 08-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #1744
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Bonny Jean - OMG those pics are HUGE!!
OMG, I was just sick when I saw that especially when I couldn't fix them!! So embarrassed!!

You were even a cutie pie in your heavier pic!
You need some Windex, me thinks! So if I was a pie, the before pic would make me a Lemon Meringue.
They took a long time to load and then it was too late to delete them. Hopefully I can get past this!!

So glad you posted them for a good before and after comparison. Congratulations on the 80lbs gone FOREVER!!!
Well, thanks but you're overly kind!
Old 08-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #1745
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/157/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
I just had ribs yesterday. I have some left over for dinner tonight. You just can't go wrong with ribs I love them!

I put on a pair of shorts that I always wear and realized they are soo loose they needed to be retired around the waist and even my butt shrank some because it doesn't hold them up well. Thankfully it is still firm and there just more petite. Haha
Old 08-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #1746
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brown79
Stats: 300/273/165
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: July 13, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Wow, sorry.. Neener. I really messed up that last post!

Here is a before and after and hopefully it works. Eeeww, pretty scary though!!

Amazing!!!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:36 AM   #1747
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

I have nothing new to report this morning but I hope some or all of YOU do!!
Still sitting at 148 but happy I'm there. I'm guessing this will take a few days to see another number. Managed to remove those ginormous pics and if I can get them smaller, I may try to post again, if not then they're gone forever.

bmac: not sure if I remembered to thank you for helping me with that adware but I got rid of it thankfully. Got a few more grey hairs with that one!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:29 AM   #1748
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/238/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014

So I have OFFICIALLY lost 80lbs and will soon be less than 100lbs to goal!! Only 10lbs more to being 1/2 way to goal!! Woohoo!

Bonny Jean - Though I am sad to see that your pics were removed I do understand how you are relieved that they are gone. I'm sorry but that was just TOO funny how ginormous they were! I'm still giggling about it.

Skinny - Congrats on the shorts being too big! LOVE those kind of accomplishments. I know we all like the scale to go down but seriously...if you can wear the size you want does it really matter what the number on the scale is?! I think NOT!

Colleen - Those ribs sound delish! When I get ready to add more variety to my menu that recipe will be a keeper! Have you added it over on the recipe thread yet?

Busy day today unloading the moving truck and finding room in my house for some more furniture. I'm thinking it is time to part with some of my stuff!! That is just so hard to do sometimes! I'm better able to get rid of hubby's stuff than my own!! Then I have a bunch of unpacking and laundry to do as well as going grocery shopping for the week.

I bought a whole bunch of Yankee Candles at the outlet store in Maine---hubby had to walk away from the register when she rang up the total!! They are already making my house smell great just sitting in the bags!

Hope everybody has a great on plan day!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:49 AM   #1749
Major LCF Poster!

Ah, Kimber... you always make me smile!!
HUGE CONGRATS on your 80 lb loss, hon. So very, very proud of you!! I smile daily when I see your stats and your reward for your hard work and sticking to plan!! You're awesome my girl!!!

I literally "laughed out loud" when I read your comment about the pics. Oh Lord, they freaked me out beyond words!! It's like the email sent to the wrong person or something and you can't retract it!! Anyway, enjoy the heck outta that happy scale today!! Way to go, you!!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #1750
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MarthaT34
Stats: 182/178
Start Date: 7/29/2014
I dont know what I'm doing wrong but cant manage to lose anything im giving up

Last edited by MarthaT34; 08-23-2014 at 09:13 AM..
Old 08-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #1751
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthaT34 View Post
I dont know what I'm doing wrong but cant manage to lose anything im giving up
What is your daily menu? How long has it been since you have not lost?
Old 08-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #1752
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/182/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Martha,

Don't give up. You can do this. If you are sticking to the plan faithfully, you will lose. Measure inches as well as the scale.

Post a menu here if you want us to look over it. I've lost nearly 40 lbs in 3 1/2 months, and others have done even better than that, so it's possible and we are here to support you!
Old 08-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #1753
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/290/130
WOE: Atkins, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Hey there ladies! I've been trying to keep up as best I could...
Bonnie Jean: Wow! What a transformation! Absolutely AMAZING! An inspiration for sure!! You are a beautiful lady....truly!!

Kimber: Congratulations on 80 lbs!! You are an inspiration also! I love to read your posts....and "watch" you literally melting away each week!

Happy SAHM: Congrats on your loss so far (fantastic job!)....and fitting in those jeans!! Woot!! That's awesome!

Neener: I was thinking....maybe a stroller or wagon for your smaller dog...when she gets tired, you can put her in the stroller. I had a Jeep stroller when my son was little. It was great because it had all terrain tires on it. Lay the seat down flat, and there would be plenty of room for a small/medium dog. You could probably get something cheap from a garage sale or Craig's List.

Congrats to all of the losers! I think you all are doing a great job.
And for those who's scale isn't moving....be patient...if you are eating A72....it WILL start moving again! Sometimes the body needs some time to regroup....but the inches are still melting off. Don't get discouraged. Re-evaluate what you are eating...see if you are eating something that is causing you to stall. I, for example, know that my weight loss will temporarily stop when I eat pork rinds (salt/water retension)... So I rarely eat them.

Now that Tom is over....and excess water retension is also going away...the scales should start moving again. I am striving for 3 more pounds before 8/31....to give me a 10 loss for the month (would love to see more...but the 3 would be awesome)
I sure hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #1754
Senior LCF Member

Denise - you are doing great! Just stick with the A72 list and, as you said, the weight WILL melt off! Not on our schedule...but it will! I love all the foods I get to eat and love that I am hardly EVER hungry! I get to eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm not. I have the will power to stop because I know that IF I get hungry again....I can eat! These are the reasons I don't let the scale numbers bother me too much. If I was hungry all the time and couldn't eat the foods that made me feel satiated (for example BUTTER!), I would get so mad at the rate of loss but because I don't have those problems and I KNOW that this is how I will eat forever anyways....it is easy to just keep doing what I'm doing and know the weight will come off!! Easy peasy!

The great thing to remember is that 10lbs a month is 120 gone in a year!
9lbs a month is 108 gone in a year!
8lbs a month is 96 gone in a year!
7lbs a month is 84 gone in a year!
6lbs a month is 72 gone in a year!
5lbs a month is 60 gone in a year!
and 1 pound per week is STILL 52 pounds gone forever in a year!!!

Oh man, that is GOOD stuff to know guys! You can do this! And coming here and seeing others succeed just makes it all that much more exciting! I love to see others post their pics and then I dream of the day I can do the same! This is where it's at! I'm loving all you wonderful cheerleaders!!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #1755
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lilyflowertulip
Stats: 265/230.2/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Jan 2014 (restart)
Kimber, that's AMAZING! 80 pounds lost, you are such an inspiration! One day that's gonna be me, one hamburger patty at a time... lol

Okay, guys, this is a really fun thread and you all are amazing and doing great on the 72 approach, but though my intentions are good, I have this feeling I can't be quite this strict. For me right now making this a way of life that I know I can live, enjoy and not feel deprived on is more important than losing quickly. I've got to make this something I can do for the rest of my life, and for me that's indulging myself just a little more than I can on the 72 approach.

I HAVE learned some things from you guys and research in the 72 approach that I think will help me lose a little quicker, though (not even going to buy cream cheese so I won't be tempted!!), and I'm going to try to include a few Atkins 72 every week so that I can keep things mixed up. On the days I can't manage that I'm going to count my carbs better and make sure I stay under 20. I'm at 234 right now (31 pounds down!!!) and my new goal is at least 215 by the New Year which is a very easily accomplished goal, I think. That will be 50 pounds lost in a year and while it's not quite what I hoped for, that AIN'T SHABBY considering it's probably the first time in my life I'm beginning the new year weighing less than the one previously. And if I do manage to get under 200 with adding in the 72 Atkins days whenever possible, then all the better!

So thank you to everyone who contributed advice and support. I wish you all the very best!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #1756
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kmme
Bonny-Jean- Just wanted to say Wow your pictures are amazing, very inspiring for us new gals
Martha T34- Don't give up, I was stuck for over a month, just keep eating clean and the scale will move. You can do it!
Kimber- 80 pounds? amazing, you should be so proud!

As for me thanks to all the motivation, thank you all! After 4 weeks of no movement I have finally reached a new low 162.8 this morning. Wow 3 pounds in 3 days, I know it will slow down but patience and clean eating finally paid off.
Kim
Old 08-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #1757
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Had a busy day today, yard sales, swimming, took a nap (cause I can, no kid here needing anything lol) and cleaned up some around the house. Lost 2 of the 3 I gained hopefully I'm back down to 198 tomorrow.

Kimber Congrats!! Such an accomplishment!! Keep going girl I can't wait to read when you meet goal!

Bonny - WOW I can see the pics now, you don't even look like the same person! Beautiful!

Sherlock - that's a good thought, we didn't go today it is really hot. If I could get my lab to calm down quicker I think she'd be fine. I think we just really walked too quickly for her. He used to be sooo good on a leash, its just going to take some more practice for him to remember how to heel. He's weird for a lab he's more nervous than any other I've had.

Lillyflower - Good luck, stop in and catch up every once in a while!

Kim - Congrats!! WTG for sticking to it!!

Martha - We need to see what you are eating to help. I've wanted to give up a few times but I am very glad I didn't!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:12 PM   #1758
Senior LCF Member

Lily - Seriously...it really IS one hamburger patty at a time for me! I have one every day for lunch. I have egg salad made with 2 eggs every morning (when I'm hungry) and either steak, fish, or hot wings for dinner every night. On the RARE occasion that I need a snack, I either have an ounce of very sharp cheddar cheese or 10 green olives. You have a good attitude about your WOE. You DO need to do something that you can do in the long run. I have to admit that it took me like 4 months to get myself to how I am eating now. I struggled with giving up vegetables and I dabbled with a lot of recipes at first but it seemed like the more variety I had, the more I wanted. Then I found Bonny Jean and MG on the induction thread and read every post of theirs I could because I wanted to do whatever it was that they were doing so that I could have the same successes they were having. They are the only reason I have been as successful as I have been. I had only lost 33lbs in the first 4 months of the year but after I started eating how they ate...I have lost 57lbs in the past 4 months! I think the idea is to find someone that is having success in a WOE that you think you could do and then follow them and do what they do! Good luck with your journey.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #1759
Senior LCF Member

Bonny Jean - I'm glad to see that your pics are back up....and at a much better size to view! Thanks again for sharing your before and after pics and also for being a good sport about all the teasing!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:24 PM   #1760
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angaa
Stats: 225/196/150. 5'8" apple shape
Start Date: Restarted July 16th 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Morning All

Angaa.

Okay, I'm calling it!! 148.1 today so that's close enough for me to celebrate 80 lbs gone forever!! So happy, well except for these computer problems. Strange how that got in my computer since I don't surf and neve download anything??

Wishing you all a great scale day but remember if not today, then probably tomorrow!
Awwww thanks for the welcome Bonny Jean! You inspire me with your positivity. Thank you!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #1761
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac13 View Post
Angaa, if you are using shredded cheese, approx. one ounce is about the amount you can fit in the palm of your hand, not heaping. If it is a block of cheese it is about a 1 1/4" by 1 1/4" cube. I would be leery about the water. I would think the natural flavours are from the actual lemon and that definitely has carbs in it. If it is less than 1 gram of carb per serving size then they don't have to put it on the label, so there still could be carbs. I'd say switch it out if you are worried about it and see what happens.

Bonny-Jean, sorry I couldn't help. I'm not super crazy techy, but I can usually figure stuff out if I mess with it long enough. If I could get access to your computer, I could help lol. Maybe a visit? lol Haven't been through Manitoba in about 6 years, it's pretty up that way.
Thanks BMAC... I was afraid of that. I had a really bad diet soda habit and sparkling water became my new addiction which is weird because there isn't anything in it addicting. Guess I love bubbles. I will switch to non flavored but it is not as enjoyable. I did finally lose weight though! I'm down to 200.2. I'm so excited to be in the one hundreds. Maybe tomorrow! It always nice when my hard work pays off. Thanks you, I don't know what I would do without these boards, especially Atkins 72. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #1762
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnycj View Post
Bonnie- yay great job on the 80 lb. loss! What an inspiration

Bmac- GL on winning the challenge you did. I don't see how you can't win.

Angaa- welcome to the group! Looking at your menu I say cut out cheese for a while and stick to plain water. I know cheese makes me stall so I cut it out for almost two weeks now and have begun to lose again.

Well I finally hit 159.2 this morning! Feels so good to out of the 160's. Everyday the scale goes down it is a victory!
Thanks skinny, yesterday I cut down my cheese a lot and will keep it up. I always enjoy your posts because we were stalled at the same time so I felt like well skinny is stalling too. Lol And u had such amazing will power and great attitude it really helped me stay on plan. I just started posting but read this thread every night. Thank you ladies!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #1763
Senior LCF Member

Kimber, that's really smart actually! Here in a month if I haven't managed to lose as much as I want to I might be coming back and following what you do! Because man are you making progress!
Old 08-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #1764
Senior LCF Member

Angaa - You are doing great! You are a good pee away from the ever coveted Onederland! Hoping that happens for you tomorrow!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #1765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Kim - 80 pounds gone - big congratulations! You and Bonny are neck and neck, who gets to the finish line first doesn't even matter because I (and everyone else here) know that you're both going to make it! You should be so proud of yourself!

Hope everyone has a nice, carb-free weekend!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #1766
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Angaa - You are doing great! You are a good pee away from the ever coveted Onederland! Hoping that happens for you tomorrow!
a good pee
Old 08-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #1767
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I always enjoy your sense of humor in your posts. I know, I'm keeping my fingers crossed tomorrow will be onederland! Congrats on your 80 pounds! That is amazing!!! I can't wait to be down 80 pounds, it seems so far away!
Old 08-24-2014, 03:57 AM   #1768
Senior LCF Member

My goal was to hit 245 by the end of this month. I still feel like that is possible -- now to see if my body will cooperate with my efforts!

NSV -- Hubby says that he is having difficulty finding me in Walmart! He doesn't recognize me at first glance anymore he says! He said that happened on our way to Maine as well. I had gone to the bathroom and when I headed back his way he saw me looking at him and heading towards him and thought, " Who is that pretty woman heading my way?" And then he noticed that it was ME! I told him last night that if he was having trouble after the 1st 80lbs...wait until he sees the next!! I probably won't be recognizable to myself! And I'm ok with that!

Tweaker - I still have 99.4 pounds to go til goal so Bonny Jean will most definitely get to her goal before I get to mine but like you said, who gets there first, among all of us, doesn't really matter because eventually we will all get there! It's nice, for me, to have people like Bonny Jean and MG cheering the rest of us on. Seeing their success makes me believe in my own success.

I started this WOE with 181lbs to lose. That should have overwhelmed me but I saw people here who have lost that much and more and that gave me the inspiration I needed to make this happen for me. I lurked here for about 4 months and then realized that it was selfish of me not to share my journey because maybe I could be an inspiration to someone as so many people here have inspired me. So if you are lurking...please start posting. Share your story. Post your before and during pics. Inspire others! That's what this place is all about.

Hope everyone has a good on plan day today!
Old 08-24-2014, 04:56 AM   #1769
Senior LCF Member

I'm not ready to go!

LOL! Kimber, that's fantastic. I'm definitely ready for people who've known me as overweight all my life to not recognize me when they see me. I'll be that hot girl incognito... Already a lot of people who haven't seen me in a while are commenting, though, which is exciting. When I get the time I'm going to upload some before/after pictures. There isn't much to show, but you can really see it in my face.

Btw, guys, I'm really going to try to incorporate at least 2 or three -and if I can manage maybe the whole work week and then up the carbs a little on the weekend so if there's something I'm dying for I won't feel too deprived- so I might stick around if no one is offended by me not being 100% Atkins Induction 72 compliant every day? Y'all are so inspiring, and it makes me feel good about this way of eating to see everyone doing so well as well as some people who have similar weight loss goals as I do.

I feel like I've learned so much already from reading your posts and I'm already applying what I've learned- 233.6 today! Just .4 down, but as a slow loser, I'll take it!!!! 220's here I come! (okay, I'm about to start my period so it will probably go back up, but even a little drop on the scales brightens my day!)

One of the things I've recently tried is the bulletproof coffee, which I believe some of you do as well. OMG, I couldn't believe what a difference blending it actually made. I've always just plopped a hunk of butter into my coffee and it pooled on top. Mixing it in is creamy and yummy and helps me keep from overindulging on the cream. It's awesome. I do hear people can make this for breakfast and manage to keep full for hours, but for me it's only going to hold me over for a short while without something solid in my stomach, though. Does that seem normal? Sometimes it seems like I get so much hungrier and eat more than some dieters! It makes me wonder if that's why I lose so slowly, but man, I gotta eat when I'm hungry!
Old 08-24-2014, 05:55 AM   #1770
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brown79
Stats: 300/273/165
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: July 13, 2014
Weigh day today. 280. 2 pounds this week. I'll take it. One day at a time. My dad is 81 one, with Alzheimer's. He has not been well this week. I've eaten on plan but with the 1 st week of school and helping my parents I didn't know what scale would say. 1st 20 gone.
Have a great Sunday all.
Closed Thread