Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2014, 06:41 AM   #1591
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/177/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Good Morning Friends!

Happy Sunday!

I am at 186.8 today. I went to a child's birthday party yesterday and skipped all the pizza, cake, ice cream, chips & salsa, fruit, and crackers. Instead, I snagged the last 3 pieces of pepperoni and 1 cheese cube. I didn't eat much else all day..2 iced coffees early in the day. I wasn't hungry and time wasn't on my side. I was happy for the big drop on the scale though.

Bonny- a HUGE congratualtions on seeing 149.whatever! That's wonderful!

All the rest of you, congrats on your losses and keep up the great work!

Off to make a "big breakfast" for the gang, will check in later with all of you!

Colleen

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2014, 07:26 AM   #1592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 22 2014
198 this AM. Today's my son's last night at home for a while. We leave for college in the AM. We are having dinner with my parents at his favorite Japanese steak house. I will order double meat and give away the veggies and rice. It will not be easy to watch him say farewell to his grandma they are very close. I keep reminding him, he will be home for Thanksgiving. I've decided I will walk my dogs with all my free time, my pups have been so patient as I've run around with my son all these years. Well..as long as its above 30 degrees LOL

Lilly - I haven't noticed a big difference between the meats. I'm slowly losing it no matter which meat I eat.

Bonny - I would totally take the 149! Awesome.

Colleen - WTG Good for you for skipping all those nasty foods!

Yankie - I took a 3 day trip with my girlfriends and gained 9 pounds. If I had to do it over again I would have stuck to the food plan and just added a few drinks. I've decided I need to quit equating food with celebrating (haven't quite gotten there on the alcohol yet lol). Just my experience but it was not worth the entire week it took me to lose that 9 pounds. Where are you guys cruising to?

Last edited by Neener207; 08-17-2014 at 07:28 AM..
Old 08-17-2014, 07:56 AM   #1593
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neener207 View Post
198 this AM.
Congrats on your 198!! whoo-hoo.

It will not be easy to watch him say farewell to his grandma they are very close.
Think of it as a "see ya later" rather than a "farewell." I know the feeling as I had to drop mine off 2 hrs away and it didn't hit me till I got home so I know how hard this is, plus my ds is my one and only!!

Bonny - I would totally take the 149! Awesome.
Thanks, I think I will!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:24 AM   #1594
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Bonny!!!! Woohoo!!! I'm sooooo happy for you!!!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #1595
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Colleen and Yankee and everyone else!
I'm a little embarrassed now that I realized I hit 150 a week ago but then again I'm only looking at an ounce or two for the whole week but it is what it is so maybe tomorrow will be better. Thank you all again for your unwavering support. It is greatly appreciated.
Right back at ya, girls!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #1596
Senior LCF Member

Neener, we're cruising out of Miami to Key West and Mexico and then back to Miami. Only 4 days and we all live here in Florida so we don't have to fly or anything. We are all purchasing the alcohol program (If one purchases it, we all have to being we're in the same cabin). It's called the Cheers program on Carnival. I've never done a girls only trip. I know it's going to be a lot of fun. Me and my friend are already joking that when it's over and we're back in Miami, they're going to have to pull us off the ship. I'm already anticipating a gain and a substantial one at that and that's okay. I'll get back on plan when I get home and work my butt off to lose it again.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:05 AM   #1597
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Bonnie- yay great job lady! So happy your out of the 150's.

Neener- aw enjoy the last day with your son. I'm sure it will be hard for you. Hope you have a good dinner.

Colleen- happy you got a nice drop on the scale today. You really didn't eat much yesterday.

I went to get an hour facial and and hour and a half Swedish massage paid for by my mother in law as my birthday gift. Then last night we had an early birthday dinner at black angus. I had a ribeye with extra butter and green beans with bacon.i think I should have skipped the green beans. The steak was great but the butter was salty so today I showed a 2lb gain ugh! I are on plan all day so my dinner had to be what threw me off. Hopefully the water gets out of my system by tomorrow my birthday. Hope everyone had a great morning.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #1598
Senior LCF Member

Oh boy! My new favorite lunch: tuna with mayo and 2 pieces of crumbled bacon! So good!!

Is MG okay? Haven't seen any posts by her unless I missed them??
Old 08-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #1599
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Skinny. Wow, what a nice birthday gift!! That must have been wonderful. I've never had a massage in my life. Maybe that'll be a "goal gift" for myself. I have to agree with you on the beans! It's probably a little sodium from the butter as well. You know a few good days on plan and it'll be gone! Just a little patience, my dear (I know, I'm one to talk)

Yankee: mthergoos is away on vacay visiting her kiddos and apparently weak or no service in that area. She'll be back soon and have to agree we miss her to pieces!!
Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #1600
Senior LCF Member

Wow skinny, what a nice bday present from your MIL! Your bday dinner sounds like it was really good! I'm sure you'll whoosh those 2 pounds off pretty quick considering it was from the salty dinner. Happy Birthday a day early!!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #1601
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Yankee: mthergoos is away on vacay visiting her kiddos and apparently weak or no service in that area. She'll be back soon and have to agree we miss her to pieces!!
Thanks Bonny! How nice I hope she's having a great time!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #1602
Senior LCF Member

Sorry I'm so talkative today! LOL... I'm actually stepping away for awhile now. I have to get last minute paperwork filled out and get my little guy's backpack ready for tomorrow and uniform ready. He's starting kindergarten tomorrow and I'm freakin' out. I'm so scared for him. He's been evaluated for autism/Asperger's and he just missed getting the diagnosis but instead has speech and language impairment. Socially he's so very shy and chooses to play by himself. I just hope he doesn't get picked on because of his challenges. I worry about him so much.

Have a great day!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #1603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
No change for me today, but that's ok, steady and downward are the only things I want, of course I don't want to be steady long but I just hit the 143's so I'm happy!

Lily - we won't kick you out! Go easy on the cream cheese though, ok? The chicken and the burgers sound delicious!

Bonny - I know how you feel - it took forever for that 5 to go away for me, I hope never to see it again! Yay on the loss!

Colleen - You're doing great. Congratulations on the loss and good food choices!

Neener - 198 and going down!

Skinny - sorry about the gain but with lots of water perhaps you can flush it out fast! Happy Birthday!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #1604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
Start Date: June 22 2014
Quote:
Connor is my only child too. I have such mixed emotions. Last summer he spent two weeks at the University of Cincinnati in Ohio. They have a very good conservatory of music..any whoo.. Connor is not a cryer but he had a good cry when he left that school. I think back to that and I know he will be so happy at college with his "people"...theatre people they are their own kind, wonderful, usually very fun and incredibly talented.

Yankee - Sending good thoughts to you and your little boy. ((HUGS)) I hope he has a good day tomorrow! Sounds like a great cruise, I've never heard of the cheers program. We took a carnival cruise a few years ago and I think my friend's bar bill was more than their trip..clearly we need the cheers program. We are planning an all inclusive in Punta Cana next November over Thanksgiving. I am very excited for that.

Thanks Skinny I am hanging in there. I keep reminding myself I get to see his first college musical at the end of September, parents weekend is in October, dance concert in November, then Thanksgiving, then Winter break. So I will see him quite a bit. I am very happy he'll only be 3 hours a way so I can make that trip easy. Happy early Bday I probably won't log on tommorrow.

Tweaker - thanks! I have my eyes on the 180, after all this moving my son stuff is over I'm going to be extra extra on plan..no eating out for a while.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #1605
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhAmy
Stats: 5'8" 293/218/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: March 25, 2014
Hurray, Bonny-Jean! That's an enviable number--149--woohoo!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #1606
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAmy View Post
Hurray, Bonny-Jean! That's an enviable number--149--woohoo!
Oh Amy, can't wait till I see you hit that number as well. It will come sooner than you think and you'll love yourself for staying on plan and getting a whole new outlook and body to boot!! I can't describe how good I feel about myself for getting there. I have no words for it. I'm wishing you nothing but success!!!

Tweeker: Thanks for the support, hon. Hugs back to ya!
Old 08-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #1607
Major LCF Poster!

Have an "odd" question for y'all.............. has anyone ever bought those "padded" underwear? You know the kind that has padded butt cheeks? This woe has removed all remnants of a butt I used to have.
Well, some of it's still there but it's sitting on top of my thighs now
I looked online but they seem to range from 40-55 dollars.
I look terrible in a skirt now so I'd like to find something to improve my Nerf backside. Really, it's a Nerf!!
Ya ever squeeze a Nerf ball............ same thing!!!!
Old 08-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #1608
Senior LCF Member

Don't know if I should be asking this question in the recipe thread? If so, I apologize.
Does anyone have a recipe for no carb taco seasoning? All the ones I'm finding online have garlic and onion powder and I know those have carbs. I actually made the recipe I found tonight and used garlic salt instead of garlic powder, but I did use the onion powder so my ground beef dinner had a trace of carbs, I'm sure tiny, but still. Do you think if I put onion salt in place of the powder it would be okay?

Also, I read somewhere that plain black coffee has carbs?? Say it ain't so!!
Old 08-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #1609
Major LCF Poster!

0 calories and 0 carbs!! It's just what we put into it that changes everything.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #1610
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
0 calories and 0 carbs!! It's just what we put into it that changes everything.
Hallelujah! Thx Bonny!
Old 08-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #1611
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lilyflowertulip
Stats: 265/230.2/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Jan 2014 (restart)
Tweaker: yay, thanks! I think I'm not going to make cream cheese a daily part of my life, but the idea of never having the option for those days I NEED an alfredo sauce is pretty much a deal breaker for me. But I definitely am going to go easy on it, since it may be one of the reasons why I've lost slowly. Sob. Also cutting back on the cream. I tried to stay under 1/4 cup a day, but if I'm honest I probably used more since I didn't measure. Going to try to cut down on the coffee too, since that's where I want my cream. But needs must! I want to lose 35 pounds in 4 months, so I've got to make some sacrifices!

Yankeechic: One of the sad things I learned when starting low carbing is the things I thought had no carbs often had some. Onion powder and garlic powder have 6 carbs in a tablespoon! And I love me some onion powder. I think even chili powder has a significant amount if you're aiming for close to zero carbs. It's not as good, but sometimes I just cook my taco meat with salt and pepper and simmer it for several hours to make it really tender and then top with a little taco sauce (um, like taco bell brand I think? It's very low carb, I know that much).

Bonny-Jean: I was browsing on the Walmart website and I noticed that they had some of those padded panties for like under 20 dollars. I've still got way more back there than I actually want so I wasn't interested, but that seems an easier to swallow investment than 50 dollars on something you might not end up liking. The reviews seemed pretty positive too. AND if you have a Walmart near you you can return it, even.

Ok girls, I'm not going to be able to start doing this strictly until next Saturday because I'm a teacher and inservice starts this week and I'll probably be going out to eat for lunch at least a few days of the week. I'll stay low carb but no carb probably isn't feasible without having to answer a lot of uncomfortable questions from disapproving coworkers... I know, I should stay strong under the weight of disapproval, but I'm not! I am curious, though. Do any of you have friends or family members who think it's strange that you don't eat any/many vegetables? I know my family would freak out if they knew what I was planning because they're big low fat proponents (though in all fairness they support me and are happy about my 30 pound weight loss, they just think I eat a lot more veg and a lot less fat than I do), but fortunately I don't eat with them very often- I also am not married and no kids so I only have to cook for myself, yay. So mostly I'll be able to eat any way I wish without censure.

So anyway, I'll consider Sat my official beginning date and will post my official beginning weight. I'm really happy to be a part of this group, I can tell you guys are super positive and fun.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #1612
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lilyflowertulip
Stats: 265/230.2/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Jan 2014 (restart)
About Flax

Oh yeah, what's ya'll's view of flaxseed? I don't recall seeing it on the list but then I'm not sure it was very common back in 72 either and it is supposedly zero net carbs. I can eat 2 tablespoons without adverse effects and I think some flax crackers would help me learn to like regular cheese more. I used to really like pimento and cheese but not by itself so I haven't eaten it in months.

I might try the parm crackers, though! They'd probably be good with chicken salad.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:05 AM   #1613
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/174.5/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Yankee, I make taco meat REGULARLY. By that I mean weekly at least. I have a homemade recipe for seasoning and it calls for garlic and onion. I also use garlic very regularly in almost all my cooking. I have never had a problem with spices, ever. I don't use 12 cloves of garlic or even more than a teaspoon of each seasoning at one time. You also have to remember that a lot of seasoning also cooks off. I'm just throwing that out there .

Lily, flax is a no go for A '72. We don't count net carbs here either. Whole carbs only. I make my own "cheese" crackers. You can either bake, fry or microwave shredded cheese until crispy. It works great for dipping in homemade dips and also you can make "taco shells" with it. Super yummy!!!

I'm holding strong in the 190s today. I did a ton of cleaning and reorganizing my house and yard this weekend and my muscles hurt. I'm pretty sure I'll be down again tomorrow. I hope I'm in the 180s for wednesday for my weight loss challenge.

I hope everyone has a great low carb warrior day!!

Mini goals:

200lbs by August 12, 2014 Weigh in at weight loss challenge (Made it-July 18, 2014)
180lbs by October 4, 2014 Costa Rica Trip (Made it-Sept 12, 2014)
165lbs by November 25, 2014 My Birthday
145lbs by April 2, 2015
Old 08-18-2014, 03:53 AM   #1614
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brown79
Stats: 300/273/165
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: July 13, 2014
Weighed yesterday. Down 2 pounds. I will take it. 283 now!!! I have a long way to go. 1 day at a time. Have a great week.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:30 AM   #1615
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all! Getting my little guy ready for his first day of Kindergarten...my stomach is in knots but he's as happy as can be and that's all that matters!

Scale is up. By a lot. 3 pounds. My period started this morning and with it came a pimple on the side of my neck so big it looks like another head growing out of my neck. And it hurts. Not happy about the gain at all as I know I'm following hard core pretty strictly. But I know...AF is cruel...

Thanks for the tips on the taco seasoning! I have to say...it was DELICIOUS how I made it. BMAC, do you add your seasoning to the raw meat and cook it all together or do you add the seasoning after you drain the meat and cook it more like that? I added the seasoning after I drained. I really enjoyed it!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:39 AM   #1616
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/174.5/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeChic View Post
Good morning all! Getting my little guy ready for his first day of Kindergarten...my stomach is in knots but he's as happy as can be and that's all that matters!

Scale is up. By a lot. 3 pounds. My period started this morning and with it came a pimple on the side of my neck so big it looks like another head growing out of my neck. And it hurts. Not happy about the gain at all as I know I'm following hard core pretty strictly. But I know...AF is cruel...

Thanks for the tips on the taco seasoning! I have to say...it was DELICIOUS how I made it. BMAC, do you add your seasoning to the raw meat and cook it all together or do you add the seasoning after you drain the meat and cook it more like that? I added the seasoning after I drained. I really enjoyed it!

Have a great day everyone!
I add the seasoning after I brown the meat. I do not drain my meat anymore. I like the extra fat! I just add less water when I put the seasoning in.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:52 AM   #1617
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflowertulip View Post
Bonny-Jean: I was browsing on the Walmart website and I noticed that they had some of those padded panties for like under 20 dollars. I've still got way more back there than I actually want so I wasn't interested, but that seems an easier to swallow investment than 50 dollars on something you might not end up liking. The reviews seemed pretty positive too. AND if you have a Walmart near you you can return it, even.
Hmm, I thought I checked the Cdn Walmart site and didn't find any?? Will have another look. I know Sears has them but that's where they're so expensive! Thanks!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:34 AM   #1618
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac13 View Post
I add the seasoning after I brown the meat. I do not drain my meat anymore. I like the extra fat! I just add less water when I put the seasoning in.
Okay, I did that but when I drained the meat, I reserved 1 Tbsp and mixed it back in with the meat and seasonings. One more question, what ingredients are in your taco seasoning? Thanks!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:36 AM   #1619
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeChic View Post
Don't know if I should be asking this question in the recipe thread? If so, I apologize.
Does anyone have a recipe for no carb taco seasoning? All the ones I'm finding online have garlic and onion powder and I know those have carbs. I actually made the recipe I found tonight and used garlic salt instead of garlic powder, but I did use the onion powder so my ground beef dinner had a trace of carbs, I'm sure tiny, but still. Do you think if I put onion salt in place of the powder it would be okay?

Also, I read somewhere that plain black coffee has carbs?? Say it ain't so!!
There is no such thing as a NO carb taco seasoning, because ALL spices have carbs. But you can lower the amount of carbs by making your own spice mixture. I am going to put a taco spice recipe in the recipe thread so anyone can look it up if they want. The recipe makes enough spice for 1 lb of ground beef and the total carbs are from 9-11g (depending on how hot you like it).

That is 9-11g of carb for a FULL recipe. If you eat 1/4 of it you are still adding 2.25 carbs minimum to your daily totals. (Packaged mixes can have 4x that amount!!!!) Some may choose to disregard this amount, but I prefer to add up ALL carbs from ALL foods I eat daily. Hidden carbs are everywhere, in your eggs, your bacon, your sweeteners, your cheese, your cream, your spices! I prefer NOT to be ignorant about the amount of carbs that go in my mouth every day.

By the way, coffee beans do have carbs - about .8 for a cup - but most carbs are in the grounds, and very little is leached into the liquid. If you drink a lot of coffee, I would suggest counting at least 1 added carb for every 3-4 cups. HIDDEN CARBS ARE EVERYWHERE.

Remember - the USDA allows companies to round down if the nutrient level per serving is under 1. That could be .9g per serving and they are legally allowed to claim 0g!!!!

I count every carb, as I mentioned, and even eating the '72 way, I still get around 4 carbs even on a bland day. I always try to stay under 10 for the day.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #1620
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
There is no such thing as a NO carb taco seasoning, because ALL spices have carbs. But you can lower the amount of carbs by making your own spice mixture. I am going to put a taco spice recipe in the recipe thread so anyone can look it up if they want. The recipe makes enough spice for 1 lb of ground beef and the total carbs are from 9-11g (depending on how hot you like it).

That is 9-11g of carb for a FULL recipe. If you eat 1/4 of it you are still adding 2.25 carbs minimum to your daily totals. (Packaged mixes can have 4x that amount!!!!) Some may choose to disregard this amount, but I prefer to add up ALL carbs from ALL foods I eat daily. Hidden carbs are everywhere, in your eggs, your bacon, your sweeteners, your cheese, your cream, your spices! I prefer NOT to be ignorant about the amount of carbs that go in my mouth every day.

By the way, coffee beans do have carbs - about .8 for a cup - but most carbs are in the grounds, and very little is leached into the liquid. If you drink a lot of coffee, I would suggest counting at least 1 added carb for every 3-4 cups. HIDDEN CARBS ARE EVERYWHERE.

Remember - the USDA allows companies to round down if the nutrient level per serving is under 1. That could be .9g per serving and they are legally allowed to claim 0g!!!!

I count every carb, as I mentioned, and even eating the '72 way, I still get around 4 carbs even on a bland day. I always try to stay under 10 for the day.
Closed Thread