Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #1531
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brown79
Stats: 300/273/165
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: July 13, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac13 View Post
I FOUND MY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went back to the spot she was last seen yesterday, with her blanket and treats and spent 5 hours just walking around. As I was about to leave and was walking towards my car, she just popped out from the bush sniffing the ground!!! I am so wickedly ecstatic to have my girl home. She is pretty skinny, but otherwise seems to be doing great. Is eating and drinking and playing already.

Such an amazing end to my heartbreaking weekend.

On a Warrior note, I'm down to 190.8 today. Woohoo!!! Only 10.8 lbs to go before Costa Rica and I have 50 days to go.

I hope everyone has a great day!
So glad you found your dog. That's so great!!
On my way to school to finish up classroom. . We have open house at 4:00. Send me positive thoughts. I'm always excited to meet the families. It's always so crazy having all the parents ad the 5 year olds showing up at the same time. I always want to hear what they all want to tell me and it's so hard to give them all the attention they deserve. I always think every year there should a better way to do this, but every year school does it the same way. After 28 years I guess, I will do ok.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #1532
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissVicNic
Stats: 271/271/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/28/2014
Hello, Hello

Hey guys, I've been stalking and thought I ought to introduce myself.

I've lost 100 lbs already, but I'm not finished yet. I topped out at 370lbs my junior year of highschool and I've been on a downward slide since then. Flashforward about 8 years and I'm now at 271lbs. I had gotten down to 250lbs, but life got hectic and the pounds are trying to creep back.

So now I'm likely about to get engaged and I really want to be about a size 8/10. Not that concerned with my weight as much as size. At my heaviest I wore a 32 and now I'm fairly firmly stuck at a size 16. So I think an 8/10 is very doable considering I'll have at least a year till I have to go to trying on wedding dresses. I just really don't want to be a plus size bride.

So here I am! I've down atkins in the past and had really good results so I'm back. I prefer to eat clean so '72 sounds perfect for me! I've got my book ordered and I am just following the induction guidelines from the boards until it comes in.

Just love coming to see what everyone is up to. You are all such inspirations and motivators!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #1533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/182/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Welcome MissVicNic!

Congrats on the losses you've already had and good luck as you continue your weightloss journey! A wedding is a good motivator to stay on plan.

I hope you reach your 8/10 goal by wedding dress shopping time! You must be very tall to wear a size 16 at 271? You're only a few sizes away from your goal!

Lots of great ladies here and daily positive encouragement! Happy to have you join us! Keep up the great work!

Colleen
Old 08-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #1534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/268/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Hello MissVicNic! Glad to see you join us here!!!!

Like Colleen said, size 16 is small to me!!!! I am 5'8" and weigh 273, but I can just SQUEEZE into my new size 20 jeans! If I could eventually get down to a 16 I would be elated!!!!!!

You have done so well losing! Multiple CONGRATS to you!!!! Following this plan will definitely get you to where you want to be. And another congrats to your future wedding! I am certain you will be at your perfect size by then!!!!!
Old 08-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #1535
Junior LCF Member

yeppers

Thanks ladies! I'm 5'8". I'll have a picture up soon. Going to try and grab a before and a current.

I can't even explain how awesome it is to actually be able to buy "regular" clothes. When I started hitting 16/18 I went on a major shopping spree. Goodbye Lane Bryant and Catherines. Hello everybody else. I was very poor there for a while. lol
Old 08-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #1536
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/157/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Welcome missvic- congrats on the weight loss so far that is great you got a jump start on the loss and are moving forward. I am sure you will hit your goal in a years time! Congrats on being engaged
Old 08-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #1537
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/290/130
WOE: Atkins, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Quote:
SHERLOCK - a big CONGRATS on reaching Twoterville!!!!! This is a HUGE accomplishment and you deserve a reward! No food, though, as you are not a dog and should never reward yourself with treats. But You need something to remember it by! Go get yourself something nice! Whatever it may be! A new hairstyle? A new purse? How about a diamond? (I like gemstones)
Thanks Paulette....that really is a wonderful idea....and OH! How I wish I could!! I don't have extra $$$$ for a "shopping" type treat. Perhaps a little "closet shopping" to see if I am able to fit into anything that I wasn't able to a month and a half ago!

Last edited by sherlocklabs; 08-14-2014 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Added original post
Old 08-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #1538
Senior LCF Member

Welcome MissVicNic!!! Congrats on your successes so far!!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #1539
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac13 View Post
I FOUND MY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went back to the spot she was last seen yesterday, with her blanket and treats and spent 5 hours just walking around. As I was about to leave and was walking towards my car, she just popped out from the bush sniffing the ground!!! I am so wickedly ecstatic to have my girl home. She is pretty skinny, but otherwise seems to be doing great. Is eating and drinking and playing already.

Such an amazing end to my heartbreaking weekend.

On a Warrior note, I'm down to 190.8 today. Woohoo!!! Only 10.8 lbs to go before Costa Rica and I have 50 days to go.

I hope everyone has a great day!
omg that is amazing news!! I would be crying (happy tears)...I can't even imagine what you've been going through. I'm glad you got a happy ending.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #1540
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/193/145
Start Date: June 22 2014
Hello MissVicNic - Congrats on our success so far! I know you will make your goal!
Old 08-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #1541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Stay on plan and you'll see it Wed or Thurs for sure!! You are getting on the small side though so I couldn't guarantee it but I'd be fairly confident and again if you've been sitting there 145-146 you might be in line for a whoosh. Fingers crossed for ya. Every morning I'm looking for that 149 myself so I feel ya!!
Bonny - you were right!! Today I'm at 145 I stepped on the scale a couple other times to be sure it was true and I'm satisfied that it is! I actually saw a lower weight one weigh-in this morning but I'm not trusting that one, 145 is the one in my journal. Now onward and downward, my next goal is 140, I'm going to do this in 5 pound increments from here on. Thanks to you, Bonny, and everyone else who has given me encouragement and kept me honest!
Old 08-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #1542
Senior LCF Member

Tweaker- yay lady congrats on the loss! Doing a happy dance for you!
Old 08-14-2014, 02:49 PM   #1543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
Bonny - you were right!! Today I'm at 145 I stepped on the scale a couple other times to be sure it was true and I'm satisfied that it is! I actually saw a lower weight one weigh-in this morning but I'm not trusting that one, 145 is the one in my journal. Now onward and downward, my next goal is 140, I'm going to do this in 5 pound increments from here on. Thanks to you, Bonny, and everyone else who has given me encouragement and kept me honest!
Oh, I'm so happy!! Not overly surprised but certainly smiling for ya!! Yay you!! You need to send me some of that love back cause for the first time in 11 months, my scale went the wrong way by a whole pound. I have no "issues" to blame or excuse. There is no reason on this earth for this to happen but it did so I'll just take my own advice and just chill for a couple of days and maybe the whoosh fairy will visit
me as well. It's all good my girl.

Congrats to all you Warriors today. Keep on your woe!!
Old 08-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #1544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Skinny!

Bmac - I am so happy that you found your dog, you must be thrilled!

MissVicNik - lots of support here. You've done well already, no doubt you will make your goal and be a beautiful thin/healthy bride!

Sherlock, Colleen, Ashley, Kim, Neener, Eve - Big congratulations on the losses! If I missed anyone I'm sorry. I just finished reading 3 or 4 pages here because I missed a day and the retention memory isn't what it used to be!

I try to at least read every day even if I don't post but sometimes it just doesn't happen - we are a chattty bunch here - AND I hate when I miss a day or two!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 08-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #1545
Senior LCF Member

Tweaker nice! 145 is like a dream to me LOL

Bonny - That's right you always talk us down when we are excited about a gain. I can't believe its the first time in 11 months?? That's remarkable.

I bought some excellent marbly (is that a word) sirloins, lately I've been slicing it fairly thin and frying it in butter and olive oil with some spices..so yummy. Today was not a hungry day for me I had very little chicken, a few pork rinds and just now 1/2 a steak Oh and 2 olives. I don't force eating anymore on those days, I just eat when I'm hungry.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #1546
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neener207 View Post
Tweaker nice! 145 is like a dream to me LOL

Bonny - That's right you always talk us down when we are excited about a gain. I can't believe its the first time in 11 months?? That's remarkable.

I bought some excellent marbly (is that a word) sirloins, lately I've been slicing it fairly thin and frying it in butter and olive oil with some spices..so yummy. Today was not a hungry day for me I had very little chicken, a few pork rinds and just now 1/2 a steak Oh and 2 olives. I don't force eating anymore on those days, I just eat when I'm hungry.
Well, thanks Neener but I don't think I should ever see a gain? I don't mind all that jumping around within a pound, you know the decimal this and that but a pound without reasoning is just a little odd to me. I try to be extremely careful about sodium, avoid restaurants, etc, etc. Going down 2 and up 1 is nothing too but sitting somewhere for a week and then going up is quite disturbing I must say.

I think the word might be "marbled" but can I ask why you're slicing your sirloins thin? I love not hungry days. That's usually when I'll have some jello. Sometimes it's hard to ignore the clock and only listen to the gut. We've been so programmed that we're supposed to eat at 12 and 6. Funny, eh??
Old 08-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #1547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Bonny and Neener!

Bonny - sorry to hear about your naughty scale! Hang in there, I'm sending love, hugs and all good thoughts your way.

I just know you'll be back to where you were and even less than you were! You have great willpower - don't let yourself be discouraged!
Old 08-15-2014, 03:31 AM   #1548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/179.2/150
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Goooooooood morning low carb warriors!!!!

Thank you all for the kind words about my dog. I am truly thrilled to have her home. Now on to reaching my weight loss goals. Through it all I didn't cheat with food once, which I am very proud of. Although I did have 4 beers on the weekend to try to calm my nerves. I still feel pretty satisfied that I didn't mess up all I've been working towards.

Next stop for me is the 180s. I haven't seen them in over 8 years. Welcome welcome to the newcomers and a super congrats to all the losses!! Everyone is doing so great. This way of life is the best!!

I'm officially half way to my goal. 40lbs down 40 more to go. I go for my official weigh in for my weight loss challenge next Wednesday and I'm pretty sure I'm going to take top prize!!

Mini goals:

200lbs by August 12, 2014 Weigh in at weight loss challenge (Made it-July 18, 2014)
180lbs by October 4, 2014 Costa Rica Trip (Made it-Sept 12, 2014)
165lbs by November 25, 2014 My Birthday
150lbs by February 25, 2015
Old 08-15-2014, 03:34 AM   #1549
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
Today I'm at 145 I stepped on the scale a couple other times to be sure it was true and I'm satisfied that it is! I actually saw a lower weight one weigh-in this morning but I'm not trusting that one, 145 is the one in my journal. Now onward and downward, my next goal is 140, I'm going to do this in 5 pound increments from here on.:
Yay at Tweakercongrats to you!! Onward and downward!!
Old 08-15-2014, 05:36 AM   #1550
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/237/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
251 again this morning so Yay! The 2 lobsters (each 1 lb) and the 1/2 stick of butter that I ate last night didn't make me gain! I also had some coffee jello with some redi-whip. We are going to have bacon wrapped steaks tonight.

Today is a shopping day. We are going to go to several different towns north of here and visit their gift shops. I love to see all the little trinkets they have for sale. I'm not one to buy any of that stuff but I sure do love to look at it. Hubby and I are going to buy sweatshirts as we didn't bring one with us this trip and we will be taking a boat tour where the weather is 10-15 degrees cooler over the water than on the land. It is in the lower 70's now so we are looking at some chilly air at 55-60.

Tweaker - Yay for the 145!! You are doing so well! That 140 is only weeks away for you!!

Bmac - Congrats on the 1/2 way point! Those 180s aren't far from your reach! What is the prize for the winner of the challenge?

Bonny Jean - I know it is frustrating to see a gain when you have been doing everything right but we both know that it means nothing. Our bodies do some pretty stupid (in our eyes) things for no apparent reason and we just have to keep on with the plan and that weight will drop off along with some more. Keep your chin up and your eyes on the prize! You so have this!!!

Neener - eating when hungry and stopping when not is the key! You are rocking this WOE!

MissVic - Welcome! Congrats on being in regular sized clothes! That has got to be such an amazing feeling!

Paulette - I'm with you -- a 16 is a size I see as small and I haven't worn in 25 years! I may change my mind once I'm down that far but for now...I would LOVE to be a size 16!!!

SAHM - I pretty much eat the same things everyday. The less variety I have, the less cravings I have. I also like quick meals as I don't really like to spend too much time in the kitchen. We grill our meat for the week every weekend so that all I have to do is take what I'm eating out of the freezer, thaw and warm it and then eat it!

Hope everyone has a good on plan Day! May your scales show that you have been good warriors!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:32 AM   #1551
Senior LCF Member

Bonny - just so it cooks faster. One morning I was in a hurry before work and wanted steak and eggs so I sliced it, now I'm hooked on it that way. I see what you mean about the pound that would drive me crazy.

200 this AM..really not 199, couldn't give me that you blasted scale you. lol

SAHM I eat a lot of the same things. I get "stuck" on different meats, right now I only have a taste for steak so that's what I'm eating. Last week it was chicken wings.

BMAC - congrats on 1/2 way!!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:39 AM   #1552
Junior LCF Member

A picture

Glad to hear about everyone's weight loss! Hang in there!
I haven't done my weigh in yet, but have gotten to the point where I don't have any cravings and hardly get hungry. Excited about that.

2007-330lbs............................2013-260lbs...................2014-260lbs
Prom _______________________obstacle 5k____________Horseback riding

Old 08-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #1553
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/179.2/150
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Kimber, the prize is $150 I believe. Everyone put in $10 into the pot and I'm pretty sure there are 15 of us.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:16 AM   #1554
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies! So my scale finally gave me a small victory. Down to 160lbs. It's only a pound but I'll take it! I feel bloated too so I expected a gain. Happy Friday everyone!
Old 08-15-2014, 09:28 AM   #1555
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the support my fellow Warriors!! I'll deal with it. This morning I see I knocked off a few ounces so maybe tomorrow I'll be right back to where I was 8 days ago. UGH!!!

Other than that, nothing to report .... well, except for this morning, on my way to work, this guy crashes into my new car I've only had 2+ months now!!! (not a crash, a fender-bender) His fault, his cost but my inconvenience. Something about Friday's???? The last 3 were on a Friday!
Old 08-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #1556
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: xEveWasFramedx
WOE: Atkins 72' Induction
Start Date: August 2014
Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

Congrats to Skinny, Kimber, and Tweaker on your losses!

I'm going to be at my boyfriend's house all weekend so I won't be weighing myself until Tuesday morning when I can do it at home on my scale. I'm hoping that I'll be down a couple pounds over the weekend, but I'll take what I can get!

We're going to a Red Sox game on Sunday, so there will be a little bit of low carb beer drinking his weekend, but I will definitely not be eating off plan. I'll make sure I'm not hungry before we head into Boston. I'll probably only have a beer or two because the lines to get drinks at Fenway are ridiculous! 3 more hours at work until the weekend, yay!

Hope you're all having a good day!

Old 08-15-2014, 12:30 PM   #1557
Senior LCF Member

Bonny- sorry to hear about you getting rear ended that is never fun. I hate when people don't pay attention while driving. Hope you and your car are ok.

Eve- have fun this weekend. A word of warning I had some wine with a friend a few weeks ago and thought two glasses won't hurt well I regretted it on Monday when the scale showed three pounds up. I was shocked because I didn't eat off plan just had two drinks. Be prepared just in case your weight does the same thing.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #1558
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/189.8/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Hi everyone! Just dropping by to wish you all a great weekend. Little guy starts school on Monday. I met his teacher today and I really like her. No change in weight here. I haven't weighed myself in 2 days because I feel very bloated. My TOM should be any day now. My ankles are pretty swollen.

Congrats to all the losses and I'm really happy your pup is back home bmac!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:37 PM   #1559
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/237/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
HUGE NSV today!! Hubby and I went and bought sweatshirts for our upcoming boat ride. He got a 2x....I got a 1x!!!!! It has been 25 years since I've worn a smaller size in ANYTHING than him (besides shoes and gloves)! An exciting day for us both!

MisVic - You have come a long way girl! Love the pics---it is so encouraging for the rest of us to see the success of others! Thank you so much for sharing your story and pics with us and I look forward to cheering you on the rest of the way to your goal!

Bmac - I hope you DO win that prize of $150---you need that for new clothes!

Time to go start the grill for the bacon wrapped steaks! Then I'm going to finish off that coffee jello so that I don't have to worry about it anymore!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:54 PM   #1560
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Kimber. You're right, NSV are the BEST!!! Congrats. Happy for you, as always!!

Well, I won't be too surprised if I get those 2 ounces back tomorrow just from stress. On an unrelated note I had a day from Hades......

1. Car got messed up.
2. Parcel I've been waiting for was to be delivered to work but it's at downtown main post office. Ugh. Had to give credit card for customs and now they will not deliver back to the office till Monday.
3. Came home to find my ds brought in the garbage can for me so it wasn't in the way of trying to pull the car in (my DENTED car!!). Problem is it's NOT EMPTY!!!! I'm guessing he brought it in before he went to work but how could he not know it's 3/4 full?? OMG, didn't even check first!!!

Holy Heck !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait till 10 o'clock!!!!

Hope you all had a better Friday but at least it's Friday!
Closed Thread