Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #1501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy SAHM View Post
Bonny-Jean- Funny you mentioned the lobster.. they had them on sale at my grocery store recently and I thought about buying one, but didn't have a clue on how to cook it. I saw visions of lobster mayhem in my kitchen, so went with the steak instead! LOL Maybe I will make that one of my Fall goal's..to learn to cook lobster at home.

I'm going to try again as well. Are you gonna go live or frozen??

I ate on plan, but those rib-eye steaks I grilled last night for dinner tasted a little TOO delicious and I was unusually hungry, so over indulged and ate not only mine, but the extra one I cooked as well!

OMG! Sorry hon but you really made me laugh with that one. Hey, it's okay to occasionally eat a little more than normal. It happens. I've done it but you stayed on plan and that's the more important thing. Yeah, you could've done without the onions. The worse thing to happen is your scale might add a couple of days to the next drop. Again, this isn't a race and if you can learn to incorporate this woe for the long term then that is probably the best thing to happen right now. All the best Warrior Woman.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #1502
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/290/130
WOE: Atkins, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Eeww, alive!! Heck no. It was just a frozen tail and I never cooked one before and haven't since. I'm not sure I'm understanding how to get the meat out if you don't split the tail??
Cook it first....
Cook the tail....take scissors or a sharp knife....and on the bottom side of the tail....cut with the scissors (meat shears or whatever)...or take the knife and cut straight down....almost in half. The meat will slide right out.
YUM!
Old 08-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #1503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: xEveWasFramedx
WOE: Atkins 72' Induction
Start Date: August 2014
I weighed myself today out of curiosity and I'm down 3 pounds! In two days! Woo hoo!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 09:59 AM   #1504
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEveWasFramedx View Post
I weighed myself today out of curiosity and I'm down 3 pounds! In two days! Woo hoo!!!
Way to go!! Congrats!! Keep up the good Work!!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #1505
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brown79
Stats: 300/273/165
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: July 13, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlocklabs View Post
Cook it first....
Cook the tail....take scissors or a sharp knife....and on the bottom side of the tail....cut with the scissors (meat shears or whatever)...or take the knife and cut straight down....almost in half. The meat will slide right out.
YUM!
Lobster sounds great!!! I might have to try that!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #1506
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/179/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Wow, where is everyone? It's slow around these halls today?!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #1507
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/235/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
You can google how to eat a Maine lobster and there are plenty of sites to show you how it's done. I have never had any other lobster than Maine and I've only ever cooked them from live. Again, there are sites that will show you how to do it. I steam mine...others boil theirs. It is really an easy meal to make.

Great job on the losses girls! I love to see others succeed! Keep up the good work and post with us daily!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #1508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/157/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Eeww, alive!! Heck no. It was just a frozen tail and I never cooked one before and haven't since. I'm not sure I'm understanding how to get the meat out if you don't split the tail??
I eat lobster often. I do split the tail from the top to the fins then use your fingers to separate the meat from the shell on the top of the tail. Then I add garlic and butter inside then turn on the grill and cook bottom side down for about 20 minutes and then the meat will pull right out.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #1509
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on the losses today ladies!

Nothing new here my scale is still stuck at 161 but I blame AF. Hope everyone is having a good hump day!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #1510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/268/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
I feel sorry for the poor lobsters, being steamed alive. What a horrible and painful death. Boiling alive is bad enough, but slow steaming????

It's a good thing I don't like lobsters. They look like big bugs to me, and I just can't get over that image.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #1511
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
You can google how to eat a Maine lobster and there are plenty of sites to show you how it's done. I have never had any other lobster than Maine and I've only ever cooked them from live. Again, there are sites that will show you how to do it. I steam mine...others boil theirs. It is really an easy meal to make!
Well, that's what I thought! Geez, even I can boil water!

Note to self: cut the damn tail after it's cooked. Check.
So besides butter, how come mine didn't taste the same as Red Lobster?? Do you add salt?? Must be salt that missing??
Old 08-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #1512
Senior LCF Member

Bonny- I just ate three lobster tails yesterday and I put garlic salt and butter and it was fantastic!
Old 08-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #1513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhAmy
Stats: 5'8" 293/218/145
Start Date: March 25, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown79 View Post
Today is 1 month since I realized I have no choice but to lose weight. At 300 pounds, I couldn't continue the self destruction. Life was crazy this past year. I've always been an emotional eater and around 250 but I gained 50 pounds this past year. On July 13 I finally made the step to get some control.
As of August 13, I am at 283. 17 pounds! I know I can only take this 1 day at a time but as I said. I have no choice. The support from this group has already helped and I know I will come back here for support daily.
Congrats on your one month milestone and great start losing pounds, Brown! Day by day, one month on another, keep building. I'm only a few months ahead of you. Like many others have said, it does start to get easier as this way of eating becomes a habit. We're all in it together!
Old 08-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #1514
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brown79
Stats: 300/273/165
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: July 13, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAmy View Post
Congrats on your one month milestone and great start losing pounds, Brown! Day by day, one month on another, keep building. I'm only a few months ahead of you. Like many others have said, it does start to get easier as this way of eating becomes a habit. We're all in it together!
OhAmy, you have done great. A little over 4 months, you are down 53 pounds. I hope I can do that well when I'm at that point. Keep up the great effort.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:22 PM   #1515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/193/145
Start Date: June 22 2014
Hi everyone, 202 this AM but I am pretty impressed considering its my TOM. I usually gain 4 or 5 pounds so to hold pretty steady is great for me.

Skinny thinking that is the same with you!

Kimber congrats!! I am not a lobster fan, had some for mothers day but I dunno just not crazy about it. I love shrimp and crab legs but I don't get what all the hype is over lobster.

I do not like fish, I can tolerate it if its fried and smothered in tarter sauce but I feel like I should eat some. anyone else not like it? OR anyone have any great recipes for me to try to get some in my diet?

SAHM - don't sweat the steak, eat if you are still hungry. I go through that sometimes. Some days I barely eat other days I'm starvin.

Brown - I am right there with you. It was time for me to make a change for me.

Off work now until Wednesday. Getting my son packed up and shopping for some last minute things before we leave for college on Monday.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #1516
Senior LCF Member

Sherlocklabs - thank you!!

Bonny-Jean - thank you!!

I had a good day and didn't feel tired or run down at all. A cool thing - I work in a doctor's office and one of my co-workers has been thinking about doing Atkins for a couple weeks but had some misinformation about what to eat and when and all that so her and I talked about this WOE a bunch today and she's starting 72' tomorrow, and then a third co-worker started asking a lot of questions and now she is going to start Atkins in the next few days! So that will be three of us all in the same office on the same program which will be great support and motivation!

Yesterday my keto stick was pink but today it was purple, yay! All in all, today was a good day. I hope all of you had good days as well!

Good night!

Old 08-14-2014, 03:28 AM   #1517
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!
Please buckle your seat belts, and put your seats in the upright position....we are now getting ready to land in TWOTERVILLE!!!
Weighed in: down a pound
I am officially in TWOTERVILLE !!
Wishing everyone a wonderful LC day!
Old 08-14-2014, 04:18 AM   #1518
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/178.8/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Oh Happy Day!!

I FOUND MY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went back to the spot she was last seen yesterday, with her blanket and treats and spent 5 hours just walking around. As I was about to leave and was walking towards my car, she just popped out from the bush sniffing the ground!!! I am so wickedly ecstatic to have my girl home. She is pretty skinny, but otherwise seems to be doing great. Is eating and drinking and playing already.

Such an amazing end to my heartbreaking weekend.

On a Warrior note, I'm down to 190.8 today. Woohoo!!! Only 10.8 lbs to go before Costa Rica and I have 50 days to go.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Mini goals:

200lbs by August 12, 2014 Weigh in at weight loss challenge (Made it-July 18, 2014)
180lbs by October 4, 2014 Costa Rica Trip (Made it-Sept 12, 2014)
165lbs by November 25, 2014 My Birthday
145lbs by April 2, 2015
Old 08-14-2014, 05:05 AM   #1519
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/193/145
Start Date: June 22 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac13 View Post
When I saw you posted my stomach tightened up I was so hoping to read you found her!!! So happy for you!! What a great day congrats on your new loss!!!

Sherlock! Way to go! Say goodbye to the 3s forEVER!

xEvex - stick to it girl you will feel better every day. I find I don't even need as much sleep, its very odd since so many believe carbs give you energy.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:35 AM   #1520
Senior LCF Member

Bmac - that is AMAZING news! I'm so very very happy for you!

Sherlocklabs - Congrats on your loss! That is a big milestone and you should be SO proud of yourself!

Neener - I found in the past when I was on Atkins that I slept very soundly which was great because I'm a restless sleeper by nature. I've slept like a baby for the past two nights which is a little NSV in and of itself.

Things seem positive for everyone this morning so it should be a good day! If only I didn't have to go to work...
Old 08-14-2014, 05:49 AM   #1521
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/235/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Unofficially 251 today! None of my weights will be official until I weigh on MY scales at home.

Bmac - I am SO excited for you, both for your loss and the finding of your dog!! I work in a vet hospital and we had a client that lost their dog one stormy weekend and they looked for her for 3 months and were about to give up when---yep! They found her 25 miles from where they lived. She went from 85lbs to 45lbs in that time but since then she has put the weight back on and is doing fine.

Sherlock - So happy for you!!! I remember my arrival into the 200's like it was just yesterday! I'm almost halfway to Onederland now and you will be too before you know it! You can do this!!

Neener - You are so close to Onederland! Yay! The only lobster I've ever had is Maine Lobster. I hear there is a BIG difference from the other kind of lobsters. Also, if you have lobster from frozen verses cooked from live, there is a BIG difference in texture and taste. I don't know why?

Eve - Congrats on the weight lost!! That is great that you will have a couple of buddies at work to take this journey with. Maybe they can join us here as well?

OhAmy - Woohoo on the fantastic weight loss over the last few months!! That is awesome girl!

Paulette - The looks are hard to get over--every time hubby and I cook them we are saying that whoever decided to try to eat a lobster the first time had to be REALLY hungry! They are truly ugly creatures!!

Beautiful, sunny day here today

Hope everyone has a good on plan day!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:17 AM   #1522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DelaneyLC
Stats: 188/174/148
Start Date: May 25, 2014
Quote:

I went back to the spot she was last seen yesterday, with her blanket and treats and spent 5 hours just walking around. As I was about to leave and was walking towards my car, she just popped out from the bush sniffing the ground!!! I am so wickedly ecstatic to have my girl home. She is pretty skinny, but otherwise seems to be doing great. Is eating and drinking and playing already.

On a Warrior note, I'm down to 190.8 today. Woohoo!!! Only 10.8 lbs to go before Costa Rica and I have 50 days to go.

Sooooooo glad you found your dog!!!! Yay, brought tears to my eyes

Doing great on your weight losses too ...awesome Bmac
Old 08-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #1523
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I am so THRILLED for you and your pooch!! So glad!!
I LOVE a happy ending!!
Old 08-14-2014, 06:19 AM   #1524
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DelaneyLC
Stats: 188/174/148
Start Date: May 25, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlocklabs View Post
Good morning all!
Please buckle your seat belts, and put your seats in the upright position....we are now getting ready to land in TWOTERVILLE!!!
Weighed in: down a pound
I am officially in TWOTERVILLE !!
Wishing everyone a wonderful LC day!
way to go! That's a big accomplishment
Old 08-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #1525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/179/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
bmac: wonderful news! so happy for your family that you found your dog. Looks like you had a big whoosh too! congrats! You'll be at your Costa Rica goal weight way before you leave, I bet. Have you been to Costa Rica before? It was one of my favorite vacations! My husband and I spent some time there before we had kids and it was incredible! When my son turns 10, we plan on going again!

Sherlock: woo hoo! congrats on reaching the 2's! that's an exciting day! KUTGW!

Kimber: great losses for you too while on vacation! awesome! how's the trip so far? Is it just you and your hubby on vacation?

Skinny: are you still doing the egg fast? How goes it?

Me: Scale moved a little today. Down to 187.6.

Do most of you eat the same thing everyday or do you vary your menus? Just curious how much variety you introduce. I am pretty basic, same foods, just mix them up depending on the day.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:07 AM   #1526
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezer1031
Bmac so glad you found your dog

Congrats to all the loosers and those who are starting woe

I had a rough night last at my book club, I didn't have dinner before I went and I failed to plan. Lesson learned and jumped right back on the horse this morning

have a great day today
Old 08-14-2014, 07:30 AM   #1527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ASHLEY2HAWAII
Stats: 196/183/125
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: RESTART 7-8-14
Bmac So happy you found your puppy!
Crazy busy week at school, we started on Monday and Tuesday had a micro burst that went through campus and tore the roof of two of the buildings blew 2 trees down, and all in 5 min Teachers and staff worked late to get the campus cleaned for Wednesday.
Ive been on plan and down to 178 from 189. This is not as fast as HCG, but much more livable. Friday will make 1 month so 11-12 lbs a month is ok with me!
More later, got to go to school!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #1528
Senior LCF Member

Bmac- glad your pup is back home! That is amazing you found him. I bet you will be making sure he stays inside. No more running off for hi, adventure over.

Sherlock- yay good for you! It only will get better everyday congrats on the loss!

Neener- yes you're right I am glad I haven't seen a gain for this TOM but wishing I did see a loss. Glad you haven't shown a gain though that is great.

SAHM- good job on the loss mama! I have kept up with the egg fast but no losses yet. It has helped me hold steady at 161.0 during my TOM so I guess that is a good thing. So I think once AF leaves I will show a loss. Hopefully it is just hormones keeping the scale steady. Since Krissa had such good results I read more threads and looks like the loss seems to be about a pound a day while on the fast. I will keep you guys posted on how it goes. I add different proteins into the mix to keep it interesting. I try to add different spices also. I find that I really don't mind keeping it the same I don't have to think too much about what to make I can just cook and eat. It all depends on how you feel.

Ashley- great job on the loss that is motivating. Wow what a mess that sounds like I bet it is just crazy the first week of school and that is without anything else happening.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #1529
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG. THAT'S SO AWESOME. Oh sweetie, I'm so happy for you both. That's the best news I've heard today. I'm smiling, I'm crying, my heart's beating fast!!! Okay, exhale!!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #1530
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/268/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
BMAC, I am so happy your found your dog! I couldn't even imagine how thrilled and relieved you are! So happy for you!!!!

SHERLOCK - a big CONGRATS on reaching Twoterville!!!!! This is a HUGE accomplishment and you deserve a reward! No food, though, as you are not a dog and should never reward yourself with treats. But You need something to remember it by! Go get yourself something nice! Whatever it may be! A new hairstyle? A new purse? How about a diamond? (I like gemstones)

Still no changes for me in weight. But I have been eating more salt on my doctor's orders, so there is a lot of water retention going on. Once my body reaches equilibrium, I should start seeing losses again. Patience is something I have learned from my weight loss journey. Chemical balances in your body are delicate things, and they take time to heal. My menus have remained the same so there is fat loss going on behind the curtains....