Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #1471
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
That's the right attitude Heather!! This is no race. It is the rest of your life! When you finally get that--the journey is so much more enjoyable! Goals are good to strive towards but don't let them ruin your progress. Good luck on your journey!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #1472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
I haven't posted in a few days and I'm still trying to catch up on all the posts. This weekend was the weekend from hell. Started Friday with car troubles and cancelling date night. Saturday we tried to take the boat to the lake to fish and found out the plug went bad and it was filling up with water. While getting the boat out of the water, got a call that my Mother was going to the hospital with chest pains. Had to head back home(2 hr drive) and then headed to the hospital where they cannot figure out whats wrong with Mom.

They wanted to run a bunch of tests that I felt were unnecessary(my Mom has end stage renal failure) so I had to have a long talk with the Cardiologist about it. They wanted to do a stress test and maybe an angiogram but since the EKG was normal I didn't want to put her through that. Finally her Kidney Dr came in a put a stop to all invasive testing but agreed to a chest xray to check for blood clots. She spent 3 days in the hospital and they found nothing wrong.

Needless to say I spent from 8 am to 8 pm in the hospital with her for 3 days. I tried my best to eat on plan but I know I ate something wrong because I'm up 3 lbs.

I will be keeping things real simple the next few days, mostly eggs and ground beef to try and get the water weight off.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #1473
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/247/130
WOE: Atkins 72, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnycj View Post
Sherlock- yay that is great, good job! Down another 3lbs is awesome! I'm sure you'll get to onederland faster than you think.
Thanks Skinny! I hope so... My body was doing some funky fluctuations at the beginning of the month (even though I stayed true to the plan)....So I am tickled about this loss!! I am crossing my fingers that the momentum continues!!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #1474
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 22 2014
Still 201 this AM...scale just doesn't want me to reach Onderland without a fight.

Skinny - Thanks I am proud of myself! Pasta, potatoes and a popcorn bar But honestly I didn't even feel like it was a struggle, I just kept busy bartending and making sure everything was in order and before I knew it, it was over.

Sherlock!! Awesome drop!! Toot toot!!

superhthr - you are right its not worth it. I went away for the weekend a few weeks ago, drank some beers ate some things off plan and gained NINE pounds...took me the entire next week to lose it. I can't keep looking back its over but I can tell you that won't happen again, it was NOT worth it.

catr31 - so sorry to hear about your mom and what a crappy weekend you had. I hope things get better this week!

kimber - enjoy the lobster!! Sounds yummy!

bmac - thinking of you!!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #1475
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Nice to hear some good news this morning! Praying the not so good news is much better tomorrow.
KUTGW you little HCLC Warriors you!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #1476
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neener207 View Post
I am proud of myself! Pasta, potatoes and a popcorn bar But honestly I didn't even feel like it was a struggle, I just kept busy bartending and making sure everything was in order and before I knew it, it was over.
EXACTLY Neener. Now THAT'S how you do it girl!!! Yay for you!!
Old 08-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #1477
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Cathy- so sorry to hear about your mom. That is awful I hope that it was nothing and she feels better. I know how draining it can be being at the hospital with family for days. Try to rest up and hope your cat and boat issues got fixed too! Hugs
Old 08-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #1478
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/174.5/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Thanks Neener. You will be in onederland before you know it. I danced with it a bit at first too. Keep on plugging away at it.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #1479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
I have not commented in a while, but it has been busy for me with the new windows, roof, and electrical work going on!!!!!! Whew! Today should be the last day for them. But then it is time for the inspections... Thank God the noise is gone!!!!

I am having my mid-month stall as usual, although a little early this month. I have not lost anything in over a week, and actually went up a little over 3 lbs. I had my blood tests yesterday and my cholesterol is even lower this time, so my doc is taking me off the meds - FINALLY. My A1c is 5.8, which is a normal non-diabetic range, so she is very pleased with that, too! But my potassium is too low, and she has me on supplements for that now, and my sodium is on the rock bottom of the normal range, so she suggested using a bit more salt. I had been using NoSalt, and drinking a lot of water, and she was concerned about that. I was instructed not to over-drink water and try to stay with the usual 8-10 glasses like normal. For me, drinking a gallon or more of water a day is NOT a good thing to do. Many people swear you have to do it, but it can also be detrimental if you have low blood sodium and potassium like I do. It is best to have regular blood checks when doing anything drastic like that. No wonder I was feeling tired and weak lately....

There has been so much going on with this blog lately - way too much to comment on, so I am sending out a general CONGRATULATIONS to all that have been seeing losses! And a sincere HANG IN THERE to all that have not. I am in the latter category along with you, and I will be due for a nice drop within the next couple weeks - SOONER, I hope!!!!!

On the menu today: Grilled Bratwurst!!!!! Lots of mustard, too!!!!! I am looking forward to the juicy, grilled goodness.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #1480
Senior LCF Member

Paulette- yay for getting off meds that is awesome! So happy for you. Don't worry you are probably due to have a whoosh and show a loss soon.

I was wondering why my scale is stuck at 161.0 well it's that TOM. Ugh just as I was hoping to show a loss for my upcoming bday this Monday. Wanted to be in the 150's but not going to happen now with the water retention that comes with AF. My throat has also started feeling yucky so I might be getting sick. Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday. I gave in and ate pork rinds which won't help with water retention but I needed my crunch fix.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #1481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
Start Date: June 22 2014
Bonny Jean - almost out of the 150s!! What a success you are!!

Paullette - Awesome on the no meds! Makes sense about the water, I know I drink a lot but I'm not sure how much exactly.

Skinny- Me too..in fact just realized it. This may be why I haven't hit onderland yet. I take my son to college next week, I'm glad I have TOM now and not next week. Otherwise I may be hanging off his leg as he tries to get through orientation
Old 08-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #1482
Senior LCF Member

Neener- haha the visual was funny of you hanging off your son's leg. I am sure every mom feels the pain though when their kiddos leave the home.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #1483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
I'm just checking in and wishing you all a good day. Running around trying to get my little guy ready for his first day of Kindergarten. I know I'm going to cry...don't know about him...lol... my husband is off work tomorrow so we're bringing the kids to the Tampa aquarium.

Down another pound. Clothes are really getting baggy. My real starting weight is 212 because I had tried another weight loss program before joining you lovely ladies. I put 199 in my stats because that's my starting weight on hard core.

Wishing losses for all!
Old 08-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #1484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: xEveWasFramedx
WOE: Atkins 72' Induction
Start Date: August 2014
Hi all! Just wanted to share my excitement! I'm on day 2 of induction and am already in ketosis. I know not everyone places emphasis on it, but it's a good mental motivator for me that what's going on inside my body is going in the right direction. So YAY!

I did feel a little lethargic and slightly out of it at work today, but it was tolerable. Hopefully no induction flu for me!

Last edited by xEveWasFramedx; 08-12-2014 at 04:17 PM..
Old 08-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #1485
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: xEveWasFramedx
WOE: Atkins 72' Induction
Start Date: August 2014
Me again. It just took me an hour to figure out how to get my signature picture to show. I guess I am foggier than I thought!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #1486
Senior LCF Member

So I go to the fish market to buy my lobsters today and the girl there gives me a funny look and says, "wait, weren't you in here a couple days ago getting a big lobster?!" and I said, "yes! That was me!" She is going to bust a gut when my Mom and I go in there Thursday and order 7 lobsters!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:53 PM   #1487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
This place has been busy, as usual!

Bmac - OMG - I didn't realize you dog was so far from home! I hope you hear something from someone soon.

Thirty-nine pounds in 3 months is awesome - WTG!

Sherlock - Congrats on the loss!

Cathy - I'm so sorry about your Mom! Stress could play a part in your gain - I'm sure you'll bounce back eating clean. Good luck!

Neener - I'm still fighting too. Hang in there, you (we) will make it!

Paulette - getting off your meds is wonderful! I don't overdrink water but I do drink a lot, not a whole gallon though.

YankeeChic - It's so sad sending the little ones off for the first day. I think it's harder on the parents than the children though.

Great job on the loss - from your beginning weight before joining us you've lost 13 pounds and that's an accomplishment to be proud of!

Eve - I know what you mean, being in ketosis is very exciting!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #1488
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
So I go to the fish market to buy my lobsters today and the girl there gives me a funny look and says, "wait, weren't you in here a couple days ago getting a big lobster?!" and I said, "yes! That was me!" She is going to bust a gut when my Mom and I go in there Thursday and order 7 lobsters!!!
She's going to wonder what you're doing with all that lobster!

It reminds me of a scene in "One Crazy Summer" where they put lobsters in the mean kid's pool
Old 08-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #1489
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChristyM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhthr View Post
Yankee, our kids are the same age. I have a 2 and 5 year old, both girls. My 5 year old starts Kindergarten next week and I am so excited!!!

I'm feeling so great today! Just went to the store and bought bacon ends and pieces to save money, but I splurged on some really good cheese. Wanted so bad to buy some salmon, but my budget won't allow for that this week!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
I know what you mean about the budget for the week. I don't like a ton of meat, but thought ohh I can treat myself to some crab meat this week. Uhhh noo! I can't remember the exact price but it was awful high. I did buy bacon which is not cheap either. Great find on the bacon ends.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #1490
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: superhthr
Stats: 223/214/149
Start Date: restart July 2014
ChristyM-the bacon ends were a good deal. The thickness varies, so some come out crispy and others chewy. It all tastes good! The last time I bought crab, I almost passed out when the total was rung up. I really savored that purchase...had to get my money's worth!
Old 08-13-2014, 04:41 AM   #1491
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG, sounds so good but I have to ask............ what's the trick to splitting/cutting those backs?? I made quite the mess the one and only time I tried.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:53 AM   #1492
Senior LCF Member

It looks like 253 today!! It is hard to tell with this old dial style scale that is here combined with my blindness! The weights here are rough estimates and my true weigh in will be Sunday, August 24th when I get home to my scales.

Eve - The fog will clear eventually. It took me a couple of weeks of very clean eating to get my mind clear and my energy back. I am very sensitive to carbs though.

On the subject of dropping kids off at school....believe it or not, I didn't have any trouble with this until I dropped my older son off at High School! He just looked so alone walking across that huge campus and I worried about the older boys messing with him (I remember my high school days and how hard it is for a guy to prove himself before he is let into any group). He did fine--and I did too after a few day!

Yay Paulette!! Great lab results and getting off of meds is such a HUGE NSV!! You are doing fantastic! Don't worry about that 3lb increase -- the same thing happened to me but it seems that I have gotten rid of that plus a couple of pounds as well! I bet you are glad to have that work on your house done! I'm weird when we have someone over to fix something for us---I don't really like strangers in or around my house--it gives me the creeps. It actually takes me days to recover from that!

Neener - You may have to fight to get into and stay in Onderland but it will be SO worth it! You can do this!

Raining here today so I am going to spend some time cleaning and shopping. I'm usually limited as to what I can buy because we fly home but this year we are renting a truck to move some furniture back home so the sky is the limit this trip! My hubby is so afraid!

Hope everyone has a good on plan day!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:59 AM   #1493
Senior LCF Member

Bonny Jean - I only eat the claws, the legs and the tail. Some people get into the body and eat stuff that it in there but it is too scary looking to me so I stay away from that! Eating lobster is a messy process which is why I always cook and eat them at the house. We use nutcrackers to get into the shells. It is a little work but SO worth the effort!
Old 08-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #1494
Major LCF Poster!

Kimber: I meant the tail! Where'd I get back from???
Anyway, after I cooked it, I tried to split the tail with scissors and what a mess!! First mistake was trying to split them BEFORE I cooked them and that was wrong, right???
Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 AM   #1495
Senior LCF Member

Bonny Jean - Holy Crap on the splitting the tail before you cook while the lobster is still alive?! Or were you cooking rock lobster and it was just the tail? We don't split the tail. We pull it from the body and then tear the base fins off. Then use a fork to pull the meat out- it will slide right out! So yummy!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:47 AM   #1496
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brown79
Stats: 300/273/165
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: July 13, 2014
Today is 1 month since I realized I have no choice but to lose weight. At 300 pounds, I couldn't continue the self destruction. Life was crazy this past year. I've always been an emotional eater and around 250 but I gained 50 pounds this past year. On July 13 I finally made the step to get some control.
As of August 13, I am at 283. 17 pounds! I know I can only take this 1 day at a time but as I said. I have no choice. The support from this group has already helped and I know I will come back here for support daily.

Last edited by Brown79; 08-13-2014 at 06:49 AM..
Old 08-13-2014, 07:00 AM   #1497
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Happy hump day all! Getting ready to take the kiddies to the aquarium so in their words, "they can see Nemo"...

No change on the scale which I'm happy about. I'm so thrilled with my progress so far. Wishing you all a super day!!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #1498
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/247/130
WOE: Atkins 72, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown79 View Post
Today is 1 month since I realized I have no choice but to lose weight. At 300 pounds, I couldn't continue the self destruction. Life was crazy this past year. I've always been an emotional eater and around 250 but I gained 50 pounds this past year. On July 13 I finally made the step to get some control.
As of August 13, I am at 283. 17 pounds! I know I can only take this 1 day at a time but as I said. I have no choice. The support from this group has already helped and I know I will come back here for support daily.
Amen Amen Amen....ditto story for me. Two years ago August....I had lost 40 pounds on weight watchers...bringing me down to 250. My husband got laid off in December 2012 (with a non-compete contract that had him bound for a year)...and he is still looking for work A lot of my weight gain was from stress eating....and beer
I too realized that I could not continue the self destruction that I was doing to myself. I was heavier than I had ever had been before....the weight was pressing on my chest making it hard to breath....and walking from "Point A" to "Point B", no matter how short the distance...was an effort...and the body pain was becoming unbearable. I realized in June of this year....I had to do something FAST...or I was going to have big troubles.
This group has been invaluable to me....a huge inspiration And I am so grateful for that. The beginning of this month...my weight was bouncing up and down (a pound or so...but still very frustrating)....I remembered someone on this thread saying....be PATIENT....don't let it get you frustrated...it WILL come off.... So I ignored the scale for a little bit....just to stop aggravating myself (knowing I was sticking to this WOE like glue)...and it WORKED! I weighed my self...I was DOWN a pound...2 days later...I was DOWN "3" pounds!!
So...the moral of this story is....Listen to the Pro's on this thread! They've been there....they know EXACTLY what you are going through....But it is YOU who has to have the faith in yourself to get over these little "bumps" in the road. And if you fall.....get back up...dust yourself off....and get back on the horse again. 'Cause as MG says "Next year you will wish you had started NOW!" (I really really love that!! So So True!!)
Sorry for the long drawn out post....Brown's post looked as if I had written it...identical situation.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #1499
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bonny Jean - Holy Crap on the splitting the tail before you cook while the lobster is still alive?! Or were you cooking rock lobster and it was just the tail? We don't split the tail. We pull it from the body and then tear the base fins off. Then use a fork to pull the meat out- it will slide right out! So yummy!
Eeww, alive!! Heck no. It was just a frozen tail and I never cooked one before and haven't since. I'm not sure I'm understanding how to get the meat out if you don't split the tail??
Old 08-13-2014, 08:05 AM   #1500
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/177/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Good Morning!

You all sound like a nice lively bunch today! Congrats to all those losers!

Brown: A huge accomplishment! Keep up the great work! Congratulations!

Kimber: You're on a roll again! 253! Yay! You are so successful with this WOE!

Bonny-Jean- Funny you mentioned the lobster.. they had them on sale at my grocery store recently and I thought about buying one, but didn't have a clue on how to cook it. I saw visions of lobster mayhem in my kitchen, so went with the steak instead! LOL Maybe I will make that one of my Fall goal's..to learn to cook lobster at home.

Bit of a rainy morning here. I wasn't going to weigh this morning because I felt I had overeaten yesterday and didn't want to get discouraged.

I didn't eat a whole cake or gallon of ice cream or anything! I ate on plan, but those rib-eye steaks I grilled last night for dinner tasted a little TOO delicious and I was unusually hungry, so over indulged and ate not only mine, but the extra one I cooked as well! The plan was to eat it for lunch today. I also sautéed some onions in butter to pour over my husband's steak, but I had a bit of those too. I usually just eat my steaks plain...grilled with salt and pepper.

I gave in and weighed and fortunately (or not) I am still stuck at 188. No loss, but no gain either. I think I will go light on my food today and just eat enough to keep the metabolism moving and see if I can get that scale to drop tomorrow just a little. It has been stuck at 188 since I returned home.

Have a great day! Off to cook breakfast for the kids.

Colleen
Closed Thread