Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #1411
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
bonnie that is great only 2 pounds away from such a big loss! I hope those two comes off for you quickly! Keep up the great job.

Kimber- wow lucky you getting to eat lobster! I'm so jealous I love my seafood. Enjoy your time there.

Sherlock- yay for the loss!! That is great that the scale finally moved downward.

Brown- wow way to go down 3lbs! That is really good for one week.

Sandy- that is great all the bad weather is gone. Hope it stYs nice out for you so you can hopefully find the donut you're looking for.

So two days ago my scale showed I was up to 163 and this morning I am back to my low of 161.0! So happy so close to getting to those 150's. I guess that egg fast is working. Going to keep it going for four days and see what kind of results I get.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #1412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/247/130
WOE: Atkins 72, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Denise: I too was hoping for a "whoosh" yesterday and just got 1 lb but even though it's just a pound today, it'll be 4-7 at the end of the month! That's what I look forward to.
:
Thanks Bonny-Jean! You are so right...and I totally agree. Though I'd like it to be more....4-7 pounds at the end do the month would be awesome! Before you know it...those 4-7 pounds will add up! Yay

Kimber: I have been wanting lobster lately.....just can't swing it in current budget....I hope to "splurge" before summer ends. Enjoy your vacation.... Weather sounds awesome!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #1413
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown79 View Post
Well, had my weekly weigh in. 284. So that was a 3 pound loss for the week. Next Wednesday will be 1 month. I think I will stick to my Sunday weigh in, it keeps me motivated to stick to plan. Keep posting, it helps keep me going and I have a long way to go!!!
Wow!! That's FANTASTIC! Congrats on the loss!! You are doing great!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #1414
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
skinny that is awesome! I'm glad the egg fast is working for you.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #1415
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Thanks so much for the tips on those pork steaks! I had one left that I already cooked last night so I had to doctor it up. For lunch, I steamed it to keep it moist but topped it with some lemon juice, seasoning salt and Adobo seasoning. It made a WORLD of difference. Thanks ladies!

Doing great hard core so far. Down another pound today. Already got my hour in on my bike. Just need to do my strength training DVD after the kids go to bed. 60 days until I go on my girls only cruise out of Miami to Cozumel. It's go time.

I hope you feel better soon Sandy!
Bonny, congrats on the loss! 2 pounds from an 80 lb loss...amazing!!!
Congrats Sherlock and Brown on your loss!!
Kimber I hope you have a great vacation! Maine is awesome!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by YankeeChic; 08-10-2014 at 01:07 PM..
Old 08-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #1416
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Congrats on your loss too Skinny! Are you finding the egg fast difficult at all?
Old 08-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #1417
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhAmy
Stats: 5'8" 293/182.8/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: March 25, 2014
Congratulations on the pounds lost this week! We have to be more stubborn than the scale sometimes and stick to clean eating regardless. Eventually the scale has to budge. Meantime we get to remember how far we've come and remember the sluggishness, low energy, and brain fog of carb-overeating days. compared to energy and clarity now. --->

MG you look soooo good! Your pictures, your numbers, and your kind reminders are SUCH an encouragement to everyone!

I have been working on taming my appetite for cheese. It is like a child or a dog and needs good boundaries to be happy. My ziploc plan is working well. I like to have a bit of cheese on my eggs for breakfast so I portion out three more ounces in a little bag for the rest of the day. If working, they are my snacks. If home I can use them for snacks or on my burger, whatever. It is still four ounces and two would be better but improving....If the scale on the 25th is not kind I will know I need to cut back more on cheese. I think everything else is ok.

The store I went to does not carry Silk Coconut Milk. The brand they had has EIGHT(!!!) carbs per cup. So I still look forward to trying it. I also plan to add more fish cooked in butter. Currently I only eat tuna. My biochemistry-studying son told me about new research showing eating fish every day grows the hippocampus and reduces alzheimers risk. Since he has a vested interest in telling me that, I will try to comply.

Sorry too long, this post. Just want to stay accountable.
Thank you, Everyone, for your posts!
Have a great week working, vacation, whatever you do, eating
Meat, Eggs, Fats, (and a little cheese).
Old 08-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #1418
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Thanks for the idea Krissa!

Yankee- no I don't find it hard. I find they since I am eating all the time and not hungry it works. I did add bacon with my eggs and it is still working. Hoping I continue to see losses tomorrow. I wish I could just wait until I am done and them weigh but I don't have that much will power I am too excited to see what the losses are.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #1419
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: xEveWasFramedx
WOE: Atkins 72' Induction
Start Date: August 2014
Hi everyone! I'm starting Induction 72' in the morning. I did DANDR in 2003 with great success and lost 25 pounds in a little over two months. I loved it and felt great, but eventually I got back to old habits. Long story short, I am actually roughly the same weight that I was after I lost the weight in 2003, although at one point I had gained it all back.

I've been reading the boards for the past few days trying to get myself prepared to go back to low carbing. You are all very inspirational and the support you give each other is so fantastic! I hope to be able to contribute positively as well! I think 72' will be a good choice for me because I do better when I'm stricter with myself. I got off track on DANDR and ate low carb candies and other junk after induction.

Does anyone have a quiche recipe they could share? I think it will make a great breakfast during the work week.

Thank you and I look forward to getting to know you all!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #1420
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brown79
Stats: 300/273/165
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: July 13, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEveWasFramedx View Post
Hi everyone! I'm starting Induction 72' in the morning. I did DANDR in 2003 with great success and lost 25 pounds in a little over two months. I loved it and felt great, but eventually I got back to old habits. Long story short, I am actually roughly the same weight that I was after I lost the weight in 2003, although at one point I had gained it all back.

I've been reading the boards for the past few days trying to get myself prepared to go back to low carbing. You are all very inspirational and the support you give each other is so fantastic! I hope to be able to contribute positively as well! I think 72' will be a good choice for me because I do better when I'm stricter with myself. I got off track on DANDR and ate low carb candies and other junk after induction.

Does anyone have a quiche recipe they could share? I think it will make a great breakfast during the work week.

Welcome! Good luck. I'm starting my 4th week.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #1421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
Well my day went to pot.....drinking the sugar laden ginger beer threw me right off even though I said it wasn't going to let me....but it did....so starting again today.

We have the tail end of a storm called Berta hit the island this morning and have lashings of beautiful rain which I am really grateful for as we haven't seen rain in so long, it is so lovely looking at it that I have the biggest urge to go out and dance in it lol......but I have bruised my tailbone so will give the rain dancing a miss.....todays mission is to find a doughnut to sit on as its painful.

Tweeker...Mthrgoos is right, she bounces and stalls for weeks and then has lovely whooshes, it will happen, but I know its frustrating....is there anything you can switch up or tweak?

Well I can't sit anymore, so I am off to find a doughnut lol.
Sandy - I'm sorry to hear about the ginger beer throwing you off and about the tailbone - I broke mine once and it is one of the most uncomfortable things to deal with. The doughnut definitely helps, I carried mine around for a month! Hope you found the doughnut and that you heal quickly!

About switching things up, there really isn't much I can do I don't think. Maybe up my fats would be about it. I'm not even hungry most of the time and don't eat that much. I have meds that need to be taken with food and sometimes I just eat for that reason and then it's not much, sometimes just a piece of cheese.

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #1422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny - Congrats on the pound lost. Unfortunately, my scale went up! I'm about ready to throw that thing out the window!!

Congrats also to you, Sherlock, Skinny, Brown and YankeeChic, on your losses. Everyone is doing great!

Kim - enjoy the lobster, as often as you can!

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 08-10-2014 at 08:40 PM..
Old 08-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #1423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEveWasFramedx View Post

EveWasFramed (cute!) - Welcome to the board and good luck in your journey. You've come to the right place, lots of helpful ladies here.

I just finished a quiche I made last weekend, had for breakfasts all week. It was just eggs, cream, cheese and bacon. The recipe is from Linda Sue.
Bacon and Swiss Quiche
3-4 slices bacon, chopped
6 eggs
1 cup cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper (my addition, I love pepper)
8 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
Beat the eggs with cream, salt and pepper. Put the bacon and cheese in bottom of a greased pie plate, pour the egg mixture over it. Bake at 350 for 30-40 mins..
For 6 servings, Linda Sue figured the carbs count at 3 grams each. I also add some fresh parsley to the egg mixture sometimes.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:40 AM   #1424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Happy Monday everyone.
Well after staying on plan all day yesterday my scales showed a two pound increase this morning putting me at 153, I knew before I got on the scales that I had put weight on as I could just tell, all I ate yesterday was a few slices of roast beef that I picked at when I was hungry, probably about 2 or 3 thin slices and then I had gammon and some shredded lettuce for dinner....I don't think the whole thing even weighed two pounds lol....so I am hoping that maybe the gammon was salty and its just water weight....I will find out tomorrow I guess....still the gammon is all gone now thankfully.

Tweaker yes the quiche was the first thing that came into my mind as well when Eve asked for a recipe, it was my favourite to go food when I first started this way of eating as its easy to grab for breakfast and lunch.....sorry to hear your scale went up....you are not on your own with that happening lol....fingers crossed it goes back down for both of us.

Skinnycj...I wish I had the willpower to do the egg thing so I envy you, but I get egged out really easily, I am looking forward to seeing your loses though, its exciting to lose pounds so quickly.

Yankee...a girls holiday sounds amazing, its motivating to have a goal and that would really motivate me as well...I should tell my hubby I need a holiday to get the last few pounds off lol....brilliant you lost a pound.

Denise...is that a puppy in your helmet in your pic.

Brown...Looking at your stats that is amazing you have only been at this for four weeks, well done you.

Morning Bonnie-Jean where are you....I guess you are definitely going to beat me into those 140's now lol.

Well off to start my day....hope everyone has a good one....my two goals for the day are.... to find a doughnut...and to re take my pic as that one is from last winter....see you all later.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:16 AM   #1425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Looks like 258 for me this morning

Yesterday, I had 5 slices of bacon, 2 eggs with 2 TBS mayo, a pound of lobster meat and 1/2 stick of butter. Not sure what the calories of that day was but not enough to gain 2 pounds! Salty day maybe?! Maybe this is just fluid? I was hoping to be in the 140's by the end of this trip. Getting frustrated with this body of mine but I'm also not ready to change anything up yet either. Today I will be eating more of what I do when I am home...eggs, burger, steak.

Sorry to hear about your tailbone Sandy! That has GOT to hurt! Sorry to hear about your gain as well. We know that we would have to eat a lot to gain 2 pounds but it is still disheartening when we see a higher number!

Welcome Eve and good luck! Visit and post often! We are here to celebrate the losses with you and to help you out when you are struggling.

Hope everyone has a good on plan day. Hope everyone has a better scale day than me!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:23 AM   #1426
Major LCF Poster!

Kimber your holiday sounds amazing, all that lovely lobster oh yum you lucky woman, I would put your two pound gain down to a salty day same as me as my gammon was really salty, it will all sort itself out.....are you back to the beach today...
Old 08-11-2014, 04:24 AM   #1427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: xEveWasFramedx
WOE: Atkins 72' Induction
Start Date: August 2014
Thank you for the recipe, Tweaker! That's exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully I will get a chance to make that tonight. I'm feeling hopeful and enthusiastic about this restart. I'll definitely be using Ketostix after a few days to make sure I'm on the right track, because I found them to be a good motivator in the past.

Have a good day everyone! If only it were Friday and not Monday!
Old 08-11-2014, 04:44 AM   #1428
Senior LCF Member

I go for walks on the beach early mornings and late evenings. I do not do well in the sun--I have really sensitive skin and but within 10 minutes even with the SPF of 60! I used to try so hard as a teenager to get a tan...all I ever did was burn! I don't fight it anymore...my skin will just have to remain the alabaster white that it is! I am quite the site at home when I mow our 3 acres of land. I have to wear a large brim hat, sunglasses, a long sleeve shirt with a collar that I stand up so that it covers my neck and cheeks, long pants and gloves!! I look absolutely ridiculous considering it is 98 degrees on any given day but if I leave ANY skin exposed it will burn!
Old 08-11-2014, 04:58 AM   #1429
Major LCF Poster!

Kimber...sounds just like my sister with the sun thing, the good news though is that she looks ten years younger for not going in the sun and wearing high factor creams.....me I am definitely a sun lover, I think I do it though mainly for the warmth of it....I swear I should be living in Arizona and not the UK lol.....but you will age more slower so it has its benefits to not being able to be in the sun.
By the way have you really lost nearly 80 pounds or am I reading that wrong....wow.

Well I should get off here and stop my rambling lol.

Eve....Welcome you will love that quiche recipe.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:36 AM   #1430
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Morning All

Eve. Glad to have you join us!

No loss to report today, maybe tomorrow but thanks to everyone who gave me pats for that one whole pound!!

Sandy: no worries, I'm sure it's just the sodium. The scale rarely shows "overnight" things so don't be upset if it doesn't move till Tues, well in my case anyways. I find it's usually the day after that the scale is not my friend but the good thing is that you know if you stay on plan, IT WILL MOVE!!

Kimber: the one good thing about not tanning is you'll look younger longer and that may not be a big deal right now but IT WILL BE!!! If you really wanted colour that bad, you could try the spray tan or the lotion, I prefer the lotion and get a little temp colour that way?? I know I could never put shorts on that first day without something!

Best of luck for a good scale my little Warriors!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:38 AM   #1431
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy: Did I mention how happy I am that you're back???
Oh, perhaps I did!!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:38 AM   #1432
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezer1031
Thanks for the quiche recipe, I'm making it today. I woke up with the worse charlie horse, I took a teaspoon full of yellow mustard and it immediately went away, not exactly delicious, but it worked.

Oh Amy, I need to do more fish I have been very heavy on the beef lately.

Kim enjoy Maine we go every summer check out oob best walking beach ever

Evewasframed I'm in MA (western) too

Sandy 1is gammon a fish? Feel better good luck finding a doughnut

To the rest of you have a great loose day stay on track check in later. Enjoy this beautiful day
Old 08-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #1433
Senior LCF Member

Sandy - Yes you are reading my stats correctly! Down 75 and still more than 100 til goal but I've lost this 75 and I KNOW that I will be able to lost the rest.

Weezer - We've never been to OOB. We are always looking for new sites so maybe we will give it a whirl this year! Our beach house is off of Long Sands in York Beach.

Bonny Jean - You have under 10lbs to lose to make it to goal!!! WOW!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #1434
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
Bonny Jean - You have under 10lbs to lose to make it to goal!!! WOW!!!
Thanks sweetie, but I think I gave myself a little too much "wiggle" room with that goal cause at the time, I was afraid to NOT hit it but I think I can do 138 and beyond. I gotta catch MamaG!! It's my new goal, albeit a pretty tough one!! 130 might be a bit of a stretch though and I gotta admit, I'm dying for a few raspberries!! One day.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #1435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/177/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Good Morning Everyone!

Welcome to the new people! Good luck on your low carb journeys!

Kimber, sounds like you are having a lovely vacation! That lobster sounds delicious! I bet it's just a little water retention causing the bump up. With the awesome way you lose, you'll be back down with a whoosh in the next day or two I bet! Just enjoy your time away.

Bonny- congrats on being so close to goal. Have you had to go out and buy some new clothes since you have lost so much weight?

I just got done with breakfast, 2 scrambled eggs with a bit of shredded cheese and 3 slices of bacon. I cut the bacon in 1/2 and it made it seem like I was eating 6. No movement on the scale this morning, but eating clean, so I know it'll happen.

I think I will start drinking more water. I was doing great with the water until we went on vacation and then it trailed off a bit, but now that I'm back home, I think I'll start refilling my water bottle regularly again.

I can't believe the school year is going to start in a few weeks. Summer is going too fast. I love having my kids at home and enjoy the leisurely days of summer. Once Fall comes, it's back to schedules and running around. I am going to visit the kids' school today. They attend a Catholic Elementary school and they have a wonderful uniform closet where I can shop for gently used uniform items. I just bring back their clothes from last year which are all too small now and get ones that will fit them this year. Instead of paying 40 dollars for a girls' jumper, I pay 9. Pants and shirts are maybe 4 dollars. It's great, especially since I have 4 of them there this year.

It's a beautiful day outside and I think once we get back from the school, we'll jump in the pool for the afternoon. The kids love when I make a "grill" for lunch, so I think burgers and dogs and watermelon (for them) are on the menu for today.

Have a great day!

Colleen
Old 08-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #1436
Major LCF Poster!

Colleen: Oh dear, don't get me started on my new "addiction"

Really had no choice (my reasoning) but to replace EVERTHING in my closet. I'm spent a small fortune but OMG, what a glorious feeling. From almost a 20down to a comfortable 10, and again Cdn sizing. Even the winter jackets are now too big and I'm not complaining but it's a lot at once to replace all at once, even shoes. Yes, shoes. I'm done 1/2 to a whole size in some.
ALL GOOD, EH!
I like dressing this new body now so upping the jewelry as well.

You'll see!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #1437
Major LCF Poster!

Well I finally have my doughnut cushion and oh my gosh how incredible it feels to sit with no pain....totally totally amazing.
I was going to take my new pic today but my day didn't turn out to well as I had forgotten about an appointment I had this morning to go and have an x ray at the hospital on my mouth for an abscess that wants to keep coming back....then as soon as I got back in the door someone called me to say my beautiful cousin had died, he was only around 56 or 57, so I think my brain is still trying to process that.....so not a good day for picture taking, I will try again in a few days.

Weezer....I am guessing Charlie horse is a sore throat...I have never heard of mustard working for something like that....totally good to know though, something I will remember if I ever get a sore throat as alternate medicine is always best if its not to serious, so thanks for sharing that gem......Oh and gammon is pork but it is amazing, it can be boiled or roasted and is so moist and tasty, not like pork at all really as I don't like pork to much.

I need to eat more fish as well, I used to have good losses when I had fish and salad for dinner for some reason....its good to be reminded.

Kimber that is so awesome that you are down a whole 75 pounds, just think of the people you are going to motivate like Mthrgoos and Bonnie, truly incredible.

Bonny-Jean....I didn't know you wanted to get to around 138, but yep now I see it on your stats....well I am with you lol, as long as those nasty wrinkles don't show up to much, but it will be lovely to get the last bit of fat gone and its not that much really....I love your new obsession, I haven't gotten obsessed yet as I found lots of clothes in the attic, but I think when I get to where I really need to be I think I will make more of an effort....I am so lazy and hate trying clothes on....I will force myself to do it soon, I do love jewellery shopping though.....
Oh damn I should have been cooking the dinner as dh will be back with the dogs in a mo and I am still sitting here tapping away....gotta run.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #1438
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
Denise...is that a puppy in your helmet in your pic..
Its a Fox kit inside of an riding helmet....My 8yo DS has ridden horses since he was 3.... Its one of my favorite pictures.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #1439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/177/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Bonny: GOOD FOR YOU! YOU totally deserve to spend a little (or a lot) of $$ on yourself after this fantastic accomplishment! Looking at your picture, I wouldn't have even guessed you were wearing a size 10? You look smaller than that. Is a 10 in Cdn bigger than a 10 in the US? Either way, you are a great inspiration and you should be really, really proud of yourself. You are beautiful. Upload a picture in one of your favorite new outfits and fab jewelry!

Bonny, what's been the biggest change for you since you lost the weight?

I can't wait to get out and shop when I get down to where I ultimately want to be. I have things in my closet that I can wear in the meantime. I have lots of bins with different sizes, so I'm closet shopping until then.

I have, however, bought a few new items here and there if they are reasonably priced and different than something I already own. I am going to try to attach a picture of one of my cute new dresses I bought for vacation.

Where has MG and Jo been? I miss their uplifting and encouraging posts! Wherever you ladies are, just want to say hello and thinking of you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colleen5.jpg (27.7 KB, 42 views)
Old 08-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #1440
Major LCF Poster!

Colleen: Well, look at you cutey-pitooty!!

Wow, that was a bucket of kind words you gave me there. How nice of you and thank you so much.

I'd have to say the biggest change is:

1. How I feel about myself. I like myself again. I feel younger and most importantly more confident, escpecially at work. I guess I feel like a million bucks and maybe that's why I'm trying to spend the same!!
I never enjoyed shopping, especially clothes but now I love it, almost find it therauptic.

2. Every physical job is easier. No puffing and sore back etc, etc.
3. No grunting getting outta the car!
4. I can reach every part of me to dry after showering.
5. Sitting cross-legged on the couch and crossing legs and wearing dresses and skirts .... blah, blah, blah.

Colleen, I could go on and on. It's a wonderful thing getting a 12 year old off your back!! All the best to you too and again, thanks for your support as well.
Closed Thread