Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #1381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Mthrgoose you look great! Love the hair cut!

Question for the masses: are smoked cheeses allowed? I love a good smoked gouda and smoked cheddar

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #1382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Thank you ladies!

Sandy, I'm with Bonny Jean , so very glad you're back! I LOVE yoga too! I really don't like anything else, but I feel like yoga was made for me. Lol

Bonny Jean, I wish we could go out and celebrate when you hit the 140s. One of these days.........
Old 08-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #1383
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny Jean, I wish we could go out and celebrate when you hit the 140s. One of these days.........
Oh we will. Indeed we will but it'll have to wait till my sweet puppy leaves me. I have a feeling when her times comes to go to the Rainbow Bridge, my life will change dramatically.
That pain and loss will send me to the gym/s and walking outdoors (which she really can't do anymore) and I'm sure I'll become a traveler again and my first stop is Arizona, well in January maybe.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #1384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lol! Sounds great to me! Well........ Not the part about your puppy, just the part about you coming to visit.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #1385
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brown79
Stats: 300/273/165
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: July 13, 2014
Congrats to all of you on your great losses. I spent the day with my husband, daughter and her boyfriend. She has moved into a new apartment, about 2 hours from us. Did well eating. Had small salad and grilled chicken. We didn't eat until 2:00. I was ok with waiting that late. That will help when school next week cause the 1st couple weeks of school there just isn't much time. Have a good weekend everyone!!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #1386
Junior LCF Member

Oh yea, tomorrow will be my weigh day. I hope I have a loss too!!
Old 08-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #1387
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 224/182/140 ish
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Hi Ladies,

Happy Saturday Evening!

Bonny- good to see you...we missed you the last few days.

MG: You look fantastic! It's amazing how petite you look in those yoga pants and FIT! WOW! Kudos to you! You really look great!

I miss Jo...she must be busy preparing for school?

Skinny: Let me know what you think of the egg fast..I may try it if you have a good week of losses! I'd like to see the 170's in the next few weeks.

Everyone else, hope you're having a great weekend! Here's hoping for lots of downward movement on all of your scales!

I'm holding at 188 today, but I've been very diligent in making sure I'm eating extremely clean since returning home, so should see some movement soon.

I know I'm losing inches though, as I tried on some of my smaller sized clothes today and put on a pair of nylon type running shorts and a fitted athletic pullover from my a few years ago when I was working out regularly and losing and they both fit. I came downstairs in them and my 7 year old daughter said "Mom, you look beautiful, I love your outfit, when did you get that?" I told her I found it in my closet. My husband looked over and said "wow, hottie!" LOL

I feel like I'm on my way!

Going to enjoy a family night movie here at home. I am making two big bowls of popcorn for the gang. I am happy with my diet coke.

Have a great night everyone!

Colleen
Old 08-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #1388
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/189.8/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Suggestions please

I just had my dinner. 2 pork steaks sauteed in butter with salt and a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash seasoning. It was disgusting. I've had pork steaks before and loved it but they were of course smothered in bbq sauce. I ate the first steak plain. Second with a mayo/mustard dip. Still yuck. I have more of these steaks in my freezer but I'm hesitant to make them again. Any suggestions on making them tasty?

Congrats MG you look amazing!
Bonny you are an inspiration as well. I'm sorry about your puppy.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #1389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
MG - love the hair cut and color. You are rockin' those yoga pants, girl! You lost more too!? You look so great, do you have a final goal in mind or are you ready to add a few carbs back? I was and still am just trying to get to 145 and stay there for awhile. I'm still bouncing around 145.6 to 146.2 (.4 and .6). I'm not eating a thing off plan so I don't know why I can't get out of this rut! I'm really getting pretty tired of it to tell the truth!

Bonny - I'm so glad the scale moved for you, you have done so well!

Sandy - You don't have much to lose so you and I are in the same boat. The way I've been going though, I bet you'll be there before me!

Shout out to Jo, if you're reading and not posting (we know you're busy getting ready for school), we miss you around here!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 08-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #1390
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeChic View Post
I just had my dinner. 2 pork steaks sauteed in butter with salt and a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash seasoning. It was disgusting. I've had pork steaks before and loved it but they were of course smothered in bbq sauce. I ate the first steak plain. Second with a mayo/mustard dip. Still yuck. I have more of these steaks in my freezer but I'm hesitant to make them again. Any suggestions on making them tasty?

Bonny you are an inspiration as well. I'm sorry about your puppy.
Well, thanks Yankee but maybe you don't like pork steaks. I can't imagine that cause I like anything pork. Maybe you've never known what they actually taste like without the bbq sauce. I'm sure you're just missing the sauce if you always used it before. I know I miss my bearnaise which I put on any steak that I had to fry. Now I just use Montreal Steak Spice sparingly and I love the taste. It is hard to put the sauces away, but again it's only temporary and when you're ready to go to the 2nd level, there are lots of low carb options at Netrition but for the time being, I would try very hard to just eat clean for now. I find if you keep trying it, it is pretty good considering the greater benefits to clean food!!
Old 08-09-2014, 04:49 PM   #1391
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
Bonny - I'm so glad the scale moved for you, you have done so well!
Thanks dear... right back at ya!
Old 08-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #1392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tweaker, hang in there! I often stall for weeks at a time, bouncing around, and then I start losing. Honestly, I'm just waiting to see where my body stops at. The only carbs I've added in so far is some avocado with my eggs each morning.

Yankee, I throw my pork steaks on the grill with just seasoning salt on them and love them. Paulette is our recipe queen, so maybe she has an idea.

Colleen, good for you! You should be so very proud of yourself and your family sounds so wonderful and supportive.

Brown, keep up the good work!
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
Old 08-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #1393
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy SAHM View Post
Bonny- good to see you...we missed you the last few days.

Ah, thanks Colleen. Really had nothing to tell anyone as who wants to hear how my scale is stuck? So boring I don't even wanna think about it.

I know I'm losing inches though, as I tried on some of my smaller sized clothes today and put on a pair of nylon type running shorts and a fitted athletic pullover from my a few years ago when I was working out regularly and losing and they both fit. I came downstairs in them and my 7 year old daughter said "Mom, you look beautiful, I love your outfit, when did you get that?" I told her I found it in my closet. My husband looked over and said "wow, hottie!" LOL

Now that's what I call a Non-Scale Victory my dear!!! To me there is nothing better in the world than when your honey and your kids notice and then actually SAY SOMETHING!!! Yay for you!! The one and only time I can remember in my son's whole life, he said a couple of weeks ago, "Mom you look really good today."... omg, I felt like I was floating on a cloud so I can certainly relate to how wonderful that must have felt for you.
Enjoy it my dear and I'm sure many more moments like that are in your future!!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #1394
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Bonny and MG! I didn't know I could have seasoning salt. I'm going to give it a whirl again and I think I'll unpack my George Foreman grill.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #1395
Major LCF Poster!

Yankee: Check the "Hard Core" recipe thread. I know Paulette put several recipes in there for different sauces, including Alfredo. I think there might be a Bearnaise as well. I'll have to go look now. I fry my pork steaks in coconut oil with the spices. I tried butter once but I didn't get any flavour from it and didn't need the juice as it were as I find pork steaks pretty juicy to begin with. Let us know what you try and how it works out for ya.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #1396
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/268/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeChic View Post
Thanks Bonny and MG! I didn't know I could have seasoning salt. I'm going to give it a whirl again and I think I'll unpack my George Foreman grill.
Pork steaks are best seasoned and grilled. Baste them on the grill with lemon and butter for added yumminess.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:56 PM   #1397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just check your seasoning salt to be sure it doesn't have sugar. Many of them do.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #1398
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
Pork steaks are best seasoned and grilled. Baste them on the grill with lemon and butter for added yumminess.
Thanks Paulette that sounds yummy! And I'll check the ingredients on my seasoning salt. Thx MG!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #1399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DelaneyLC
Stats: 188/174/148
Start Date: May 25, 2014
Looking AWESOME MG.

Love the hair too!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #1400
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/157/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Colleen-that is great your family was so sweet and gave you compliments! You are doing something right mama. I will let you know how the fast goes.

Mtherg- look at you pretty lady! You look amazing and so tiny. Your body doesn't seem ready to stop dropping the weight lucky you. Your hair looks good.

Tweaker-I know how you feel. I am sick of being stuck at 162 and not breaking the 160's. Like Mtherg said it should continue to come off as long as you stick to plan. Fingers crossed we break our stalls soon!

Hope you all are having a good weekend so far.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:59 AM   #1401
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Well my day went to pot.....drinking the sugar laden ginger beer threw me right off even though I said it wasn't going to let me....but it did....so starting again today.

We have the tail end of a storm called Berta hit the island this morning and have lashings of beautiful rain which I am really grateful for as we haven't seen rain in so long, it is so lovely looking at it that I have the biggest urge to go out and dance in it lol......but I have bruised my tailbone so will give the rain dancing a miss.....todays mission is to find a doughnut to sit on as its painful.

Bonnie and Mthrgoos...I am in when you both get together for that reunion lol, although I love the heat so we have to compromise on the month Bonnie........and when the time comes and you don't have your lovely puppy anymore you have to try yoga as I know you will love it, its kind of gentle but hardish at the same time.

Colleen that was lovely what your family said to you, it must have made you feel amazing, feeling good about yourself is the best feeling in the world I think.

Yankee....I hate pork steaks as well unless they are smothered in BBQ sauce so I gave them up, but I might try that lemon and butter thing next time I cook them for hubby to see if it helps, or as Bonnie Jean said...coconut oil and spices might help.

Tweeker...Mthrgoos is right, she bounces and stalls for weeks and then has lovely whooshes, it will happen, but I know its frustrating....is there anything you can switch up or tweak?

Brown....Hope you get a loss on your scales, I love those days when you walk around with a smile on your face all day.

Well I can't sit anymore, so I am off to find a doughnut lol.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:15 AM   #1402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Hello ladies!

How's everyone today? i think i'll consider today my first full day of being 'hardcore' since yesterday wasn't fully 100% but, I have to give props to my DF - last night he made dinner (baked chicken) so I just had the chicken, but I also had a drink and put some SF torani orange in it. I don't think it was the Torani, maybe the drink (wine ) itself that did it but after dinner, I had the worst craving for something contraband-y. So much to the point where I had my shoes on, purse in hand and grabbing keys to go get this! DF stepped in, and talked me out of it. I was sad but I knew he was right. I ended up taking a nap and feeling much better when I woke up. Phew, that was a close one.

Add me as a friend! Facebook

BodyCombat Certified (5/13/13)
Old 08-10-2014, 03:47 AM   #1403
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

I must have weighed a dozen times from yesterday morning till now, even several in the middle of the name just hoping to see even 149.9!
NOPE! Guess it will be a few days.
That's okay cause I just realized I'm only 2 lbs away from
80 LBS LOST!! Way excited about that. Oh, and only 12 right now from the lower end of my goal. I can't wait!! I'm guessing early October. Wow, that sounds a long way away but I tend to lose very slowly so it is what it is.
Looking forward to seeing some happy scale moments this morning.
All the best y'all!!
Old 08-10-2014, 03:55 AM   #1404
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
Bonnie and Mthrgoos...I am in when you both get together for that reunion lol, although I love the heat so we have to compromise on the month Bonnie........and when the time comes and you don't have your lovely puppy anymore you have to try yoga as I know you will love it, its kind of gentle but hardish at the same time.
I hope you get better soon. I know how a sore tailbone hurts as I don't have a butt anymore and sitting for more than 1/2 hr actually hurts. I have a jel cushion at work it's that bad but just couldn't bring myself to using a "donut" there. Can you imagine! Nothing wrong with my tailbone, I just don't have any padding anymore??

As far as Arizona, I certainly couldn't go there in the spring or God forbid summer!! I would melt. I must admit with almost 80 lbs off of me, I've become quite comfortable in 80+ degrees but I think Arizona is quite comfortable in what we think of as winter!

Have a great day my friend!
Old 08-10-2014, 04:36 AM   #1405
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/290/130
WOE: Atkins, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Good Morning All!
Well the scales finally moved ....I'm down a pound! Not exactly the whoosh I wanted...but perhaps this a a trend for the scale....I'll take it.
I sure hope everyone is doing well!
Tomorrow is back to work day....vacation is over
Got to get some weekly meal planning done today....maybe pick up some things from the market....
I sure hope everyone has a wonderful LC day!!
Old 08-10-2014, 04:40 AM   #1406
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/237/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Hello fellow Hard Core Warriors!!

I made it to Maine! The flights were fantastic. Couldn't have asked for a smoother ride. The weather here is lovely. Mid 70's during the day and lower 60's at night. Perfect!

I'm 256 on the cheap, old scales here. I sure will miss my digital scales with the tenths of pounds! I am so bloated from the travels. I don't know why I always end up retaining fluids after flights but my ankles and feet and hands are all puffy and stiff. I will spend the day today trying to hydrate!

So I had some broiled haddock last night with some added butter. Can you say YUM?!?! Tonight will be my first lobster night! I can almost taste it now!

Sandy - So glad you are back! We sure did miss you!
JustJo - Hope you can find a little time to spend with us after you have gotten yourself back into your school routine! We miss your uplifting posts!
MG - You are so tiny!!! Love the new do!!

Congrats to those with losses! Keep on keeping on!!

Well, I'm all unpacked, I've got some eggs boiled, and I have checked in here so now it is time for a walk on the beach!

Have a good on plan day!!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:45 AM   #1407
Major LCF Poster!

Denise: I too was hoping for a "whoosh" yesterday and just got 1 lb but even though it's just a pound today, it'll be 4-7 at the end of the month! That's what I look forward to.

Kimber: Oh, I so envy you being in Maine. I can almost taste that FRESH lobster. Yum for sure! Enjoy your vacay my dear!
Old 08-10-2014, 05:56 AM   #1408
Junior LCF Member

Well, had my weekly weigh in. 284. So that was a 3 pound loss for the week. Next Wednesday will be 1 month. I think I will stick to my Sunday weigh in, it keeps me motivated to stick to plan. Keep posting, it helps keep me going and I have a long way to go!!!
Old 08-10-2014, 07:00 AM   #1409
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Can't find a doughnut anywhere when you want one so I am perched on the edge of a cushion lol....tomorrow I will be back on my mission to find one when all the big stores are open, its not like Canada over here unfortunately, if I was still over there I would know exactly where to get one from and it would also be open on a Sunday.

Bonnie Jean....fine then...winter it is....look out Mthrgoos we are coming for a visit lol....ok just kidding, what I wouldn't do to live somewhere that warm though, still here in the uk we have had the most amazing summer and winters aren't to bad most of the time, but I would swap for Arizona in a heartbeat.....anyway try not to leave me to far behind getting to that 149 lol.....80 pounds gone though is incredible isn't it.
That's cool you have a Jell cushion for your bony bum, if you used a doughnut at work they would have thought you had haemorrhoids lol.

Katie...how amazing that your DF is that supportive and stopped you leaving for a snack attack....my dh would have had his shoes on in a second if I mentioned the words treats lol.

Denise... Well done on getting rid of a pound, its cool to think you will never see that pound ever again.

Kimber....Lucky you being on holiday, hope you share it with us, you will have to share the odd pic as well......lobster sounds amazing for dinner, yummy.....hope you had a good walk on that beach.

Brown....3 pounds down, well done, I wish I could just weigh weekly but I am scale obsessed...anyway you are doing really well.

Well the sunshine is back, rain has gone...Bertha or Berta didn't last long.....Oh Bonnie that last bit made me laugh....can you remember why....anyway it seems like the worst is over and now its a bit windy....hope everyone is having a great day....
Old 08-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #1410
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Bonny! Congrats. That is so amazing. I can't wait for you to hit goal

Sherlock: yay for your woosh. Those are the best!!
Closed Thread