Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #1351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeChic
Stats: 199/183.4/130
WOE: Atkins '72 Hard Core
Start Date: July, 2014
Hey LadyKT...shout out to Jersey! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I can't give much advice but to tell you my experience. In 2010 after my first child, I lost over 100 lbs on WW, started working for WW, became a Zumba instructor and at 135 I was in the best shape of my life. But on WW, I was always looking at the clock, awaiting my next snack or meal. I was always hungry. Then I got pregnant again, moved to Florida from Long Island, had my daughter and WW didn't work for me again. I've been struggling for 3 years to get the weight back off. On Atkins 72 I've not been hungry at all. Cravings are gone and I have to remind myself to eat. Everyone is different but give it a try. Maybe a week or two. I think you're drinking plenty of water IMO. I'm new to this board. Maybe other members have advice or suggestions. Best of luck with what you decide. The good thing is you don't have much to lose and lots of time to lose what you want.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #1352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Hey Lady! You really drink a whole gallon of water everyday?! Holy Crap! I struggle to get my 8 - 8oz glasses in a day!

Try eating only beef, eggs, chicken wings, mayo, and butter for a week or more and I promise you your physical hunger will go away! I can't say how long it will take for you to stop having cravings----it took me 4 months but I can literally walk through the bakery, a donut shop, and even Panera Bread and not want a single thing that isn't on plan! Again...I struggled and practiced self-control for 4 months but it was worth it because now the cravings just aren't there!

Find what works for you and go for it!! Good luck on your journey.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #1353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Lady KT, if you're hungry, then eat. The trick is to stop when you're not. Listen to your body and make sure it's truly physical hunger, and not just mental hunger. Make hard boiled eggs your go to snack for a while. If you're truly hungry, you'll eat it, but they're not so awesome that you're going to overheat them. They're also the perfect blend of protein and fat. If too much fat makes you hungry, just be sure to include protein with it. And there's no need to force tons of fluids, just drink when you're thirsty.

Congrats on all the victories! Both scale and NSV! You ladies are proof that sticking to the plan hard core really works!

I'm down almost another pound today to 133.5! I honestly thought maybe the scale was broken, but I can feel the difference in my body, so I know I really am still losing.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #1354
Senior LCF Member

MG - You are simply amazing and give me hope that I, too, will be able to lose beyond my wildest dreams! Have you added anything else to your diet yet or are you pretty much still Hard Core Induction?
Old 08-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #1355
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
Hey Lady! You really drink a whole gallon of water everyday?! Holy Crap! I struggle to get my 8 - 8oz glasses in a day!

Try eating only beef, eggs, chicken wings, mayo, and butter for a week or more and I promise you your physical hunger will go away! I can't say how long it will take for you to stop having cravings----it took me 4 months but I can literally walk through the bakery, a donut shop, and even Panera Bread and not want a single thing that isn't on plan! Again...I struggled and practiced self-control for 4 months but it was worth it because now the cravings just aren't there!

Find what works for you and go for it!! Good luck on your journey.
Ahhh the bolded is probably the hardest thing for me - i'm a food addict (if that's even a thing?) self control is something i need to learn. And patience. And shutting up the voices in my head. Lather, rinse & repeat. I can do this.

I think I fall off the wagon in social situations. It's like every other weekend there's some event or family function where there is FOOD everywhere. I guess if I start using this as a health reason (rather than a vanity one - I have really awful allergies [my kitties!] and staying LC really does help) maybe it'll work.

Add me as a friend! Facebook
Old 08-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #1356
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Lady KT, if you're hungry, then eat. The trick is to stop when you're not. Listen to your body and make sure it's truly physical hunger, and not just mental hunger. Make hard boiled eggs your go to snack for a while. If you're truly hungry, you'll eat it, but they're not so awesome that you're going to overheat them. They're also the perfect blend of protein and fat. If too much fat makes you hungry, just be sure to include protein with it. And there's no need to force tons of fluids, just drink when you're thirsty.
Even if it involves eating an entire cow, a family of chickens and then some? (I don't eat pork btw, I should mention that). I also can only eat egg whites (allergic to the yolk). I'll have to play around a little bit to find the magic somewhere. I drink a lot of water in an attempt to keep hunger at bay but then if i am still hungry....welllllll I guess I should eat and not be so stubborn

Quote:
I'm down almost another pound today to 133.5! I honestly thought maybe the scale was broken, but I can feel the difference in my body, so I know I really am still losing.
You're seriously my hero!
Old 08-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #1357
Senior LCF Member

I have a rule for myself as far as social eating situations go---if I don't bring it, I won't eat it! I'm too paranoid to eat something someone else has fixed. Most people are so na´ve when it comes to low carb that they will screw it up even though they don't mean to! People assume that if I order a burger without bread that I want low fat mayo to go with it----cuz I'm trying to save on calories right?! NOT!! I want full fat mayo!! And give me a pat of butter on it while you're at it!! LOL I love my meat with added butter
Old 08-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #1358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If you're truly hungry, stomach growling hungry, then yes eat. But most of the time you're going to find it's your head that wants to eat, not your body.

Kimber, I did add some avocado to my daily menu, but otherwise I'm still doing hard core induction.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #1359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Hello LadyKT!!!! When you start a clean induction on '72, eat enough food to keep the hunger away. You do not have to add a lot of fat, I don't. I get enough from the meats, eggs, and mayo I add to my tuna. Just eat cleanly from your induction foods if you feel hungry. You do not have to go hungry on '72. After a while, your appetite seems to go away by itself and you find yourself eating less naturally.

I have 2 cups of coffee a day with real cream. Some times I have up to 4. Eat your eggs and meats/fish. Limit your cheese (hard aged cheese) to 2 servings. There are some very good recipes I added to the '72 INDUCTION RECIPES thread if you want to check them out.

It takes around 3 days or so to fully reach ketosis. This is what you need to maintain throughout your induction and beyond. Keep your carbs negligible. There are trace amounts in eggs, cream and cheeses. But you are allowed a cup of loosely packed lettuce twice a day if you need it. You can add some radishes, cucumbers or celery as a salad garnish if you want, but keep the whole salad serving to only 1 cup. You do not want to have a larger load of carbs at one time, that is why you should only have 1 cup at a time. You can have a dill pickle or a few olives if you do not want the cup of salad. But that is it for veggies. The juice from 1 lemon or lime is allowed, but Nothing else.

Use only low-carb dressing. I use the Walden Farms brand, it has zero carbs, and add a little mayo to make it a bit richer.

You do not have to drink a gallon of water if you do not need it. Dr. Atkins said to drink as needed. I occasionally have a diet soda, and I sweeten my coffee with liquid Stevia drops. I also use the MIO or Divani water flavorers on occasion. I have also enjoyed Silk Coconut Milk (regular unsweetened) for a change of pace.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #1360
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
I have a rule for myself as far as social eating situations go---if I don't bring it, I won't eat it!
That's a good idea!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #1361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
so I tried the egg fast (nothing but eggs, cheese and butter) this week and i'm down 6lbs since friday. I'm so excited. I didn't expect it to work since i've been doing meat and eggs for the past two weeks. Has anyone ever tried it?
Old 08-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #1362
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChristyM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
so I tried the egg fast (nothing but eggs, cheese and butter) this week and i'm down 6lbs since friday. I'm so excited. I didn't expect it to work since i've been doing meat and eggs for the past two weeks. Has anyone ever tried it?

I have not but that is amazing. I would at least need mayo! Congrats
Old 08-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #1363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
That is awesome congrats on the loss! I seem to be stalled so I think I will give your egg fast a go! I would be thrilled to lose 6lbs in a week!
Old 08-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #1364
Senior LCF Member

Wow Kriss! 6 lbs in a week!! That is fantastic! What are your stats? Are you close to goal?

I have never done any of the different fasts. I would probably do one of them if I didn't have any losses in a month but right now what I am doing is working so I will keep doing what I'm doing!
Old 08-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #1365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Kimber- I agree if I was sling I would be fine but it has been a week with nada. I am ready to jump start the losses again. Hopefully this egg thing will work.

Krissa-Are you allowed to have coffee on the fast? I want to do it right
Old 08-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #1366
Senior LCF Member

Kimber-not sure of my stats, the scale makes me nutty so I had my mom weigh me just to see if this works lol. I may wait until Monday to try on my jeans again. I feel good and am less bloated which is good. I'm probably 30lbs or so away from my goal

Skinny-yes coffee is allowed. Here's a gist of what the plan entails. I didn't eat within 30 mins of waking tho.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #1367
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM View Post
I have not but that is amazing. I would at least need mayo! Congrats
Mayo is allowed. It's pretty much a ketogenic diet. Keeping it simple helps cut down on the cravings though.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:34 AM   #1368
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caseyjmc
Stats: 235/201/150
WOE: CAD/CALP LCHF
Start Date: December 20, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm doing the Westman Plan, which seems identical to Atkins 72. Am I missing something? I started on July 26, and have lost about 7 lbs since then.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:52 AM   #1369
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Morning All, joining your group today, waving at Mthrgoos and Bonny Jean.
Starting weight this morning 151, I only want to go down to 145 ish as anything lower than that and I start panicking about lines and wrinkles due to my age...I love A72 though as it works like nothing else, hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:49 AM   #1370
Major LCF Poster!

Unbelievable.....after having a good start this morning with bacon and eggs, I got thirsty and grabbed some ginger beer out of the fridge, after drinking a huge glassful it suddenly dawned on me that it wasn't diet....but the kind loaded with sugar.(hubbys favourite)...ahhhhhhh....well I am now over the shock of what I just did lol.....but what a terrible start and I have only been at it for a few hours lol....well all I can do is keep going but I guess the scale isn't going to move for me tomorrow.....damn.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #1371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Morning All

Sandy: Boy, we sure missed ya girl. So glad you're back.
Also missing Jo and mthergoos not posting as much as usual.

Well, since the scale moved, I thought I finally had something to write about. I'm not doing the decimal thing anymore, it just makes me too crazy! I think I'm the Queen of slow losses but at least I know it will eventually move as long as you stay on plan and have a little patience, which I don't.

Good luck with your egg fast girls. I know I couldn't do that. If I don't have some weighty protein in my system I get all funky and dizzy so I envy anyone that can do that for a few days. Let us know how it works for ya.

Aug. 1 ...... 152
Aug. 4 ...... 151
Aug. 9 ...... 150

140's next week I'm hoping...
Old 08-09-2014, 07:19 AM   #1372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy, it's so great to see you back! We've missed you! Don't let the soda worry you. If you're just getting back on track, you may still see a loss tomorrow. Just keep going!

Casey,I'm sorry, but I've never heard of that plan, so I'm not sure what the differences would be.

Down half a pound today to 132.8! That's probably my last drop for a while. Bonny Jean wanted a picture in my yoga pants to see exactly where I'm at, so this picture is just for you! Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (13.1 KB, 78 views)
Old 08-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #1373
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Down half a pound today to 132.8! That's probably my last drop for a while. Bonny Jean wanted a picture in my yoga pants to see exactly where I'm at, so this picture is just for you! Lol
OMG, MamaG. YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!
No lie, I'm almost tearing up here!! I'm so PROUD of you. I'm so HAPPY for you. I had to take a good look and opened your pic and wow, you just blow me away. Oh, I wish I could send you the biggest HUGS across the miles. You have no idea how much this means to everyone. You are definitely our inspiration or at least mine for sure. I just love following you and trying to mirror your journey.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:45 AM   #1374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny Jean, you are my biggest support, I honest to goodness couldn't do it without you! I've seen your before and afters, and you are right there with me. thank you for all your encouragement.

Last picture, but this is the new hair cut and color I got yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (23.7 KB, 68 views)
Old 08-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #1375
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bonny Jean, you are my biggest support, I honest to goodness couldn't do it without you! I've seen your before and afters, and you are right there with me. thank you for all your encouragement.

Last picture, but this is the new hair cut and color I got yesterday.
Oh, I like that!! Damn, you're so cute girl!!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #1376
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChristyM
Krissa- thanks and you look awesome in that pic.

Kimber - that is amazing that you can walk through those places without cravings. You are the next mother goose!

First week done for me

Aug 2 150.5
Aug 9 144.5

Trying not to weigh everyday since I don't have large amount to lose and don't want to get discouraged if scale goes up and down a bit.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #1377
Major LCF Poster!

You have both blown me away lol.....Bonnie oh my gosh you weigh less than me lol....but it gave me a huge smile when I just read that.....OMGosh you are 150 Bonnie, it was worth coming back just to see that number....whoop whoop you skinny Minnie and you are looking so incredible....what a difference....it makes the whole journey worth while.

Mthrgoos....Reallly !!!!!!! 132.8....I nearly died of shock lol and you look incredible, I am so glad you just posted that pic of you in your yoga pants....totally unreal to see how far you have come....you look positively incredible...it looks like you have not one ounce of fat on your body, you look all skinny and streamlined.....and I didn't even know you had taken up yoga....wow....isn't it incredible, I am totally in love with it and wish I had discovered it years ago and I swear it is helping me get rid of my flabby arms as they are looking a bit better.....
But anyway wow to both of you.....you have blown me away this morning and I am sitting here with a big smile as I am so happy for both of you.....you are both such an inspiration....it is so nice to be back among friends.....
Old 08-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #1378
Major LCF Poster!

Mthrgoos love the new haircut and colour....Bonnie I will be with you next week when we both see the 140's whoop whoop....have to get the Bacardi out to celebrate.....
Old 08-09-2014, 08:09 AM   #1379
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
Mthrgoos love the new haircut and colour....

Yeah, she's pretty cute, eh!!

Bonnie I will be with you next week when we both see the 140's whoop whoop....have to get the Bacardi out to celebrate.....

Ah shucks, you make me blush Sandy. And can I say again, how happy I am you came back to the boards!! Missed you a bunch. You've done it before and you can do it again. I am truly impressed you only picked up a couple of pounds considering what you went thru here in the Great White North!! You must have been pretty much on plan the whole time?? I think my goal celebration might be a Keg Filet and maybe, only maybe a Pina Colada, MAYBE!! I haven't decided if I wanna go there or not although I really do miss having one with a nice meal but I'd rather be safe than sorry. All the best to you Sandy. Let's knock of these 140's together my friend.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #1380
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezer1031
Mothergoose love the new hair cut and color very becoming, have a great week end
Closed Thread