Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Why am I so hungry???

I could sure use some guidance from the experienced crowd on this. I don't know what's going on. Started Atkins the first part of April with the intention of following 72 guidelines. I lost a bit of weight, super energy and not hungry at all. I got a bit lax and things slowed down. Last week I regrouped and decided to start fresh and even cut out the allowed cup of salad to get my carbs as close to zero as possible. I've stuck to this without fail for a week, but although I'm in ketosis, I am really struggling with hunger (almost daily since Friday). My menu is pretty much the same daily.

BPC (2 tbs butter, 1 tbs CO)
2 boiled eggs with salt pepper and 1tbs butter
couple slices of bacon
4oz hamburger patty with 1 1/2tbs mayo and 1 oz cheddar cheese
Can of boneless/skinless sardines packed in olive oil
Pork chop
About a gallon of water daily

(alternative protein choices are chicken thighs with skin and canned tuna with mayo)

I tend to be more hungry during the day and less hungry at night. Any thoughts? It's bearable, but not what Atkins is supposed to feel like so I'm a bit annoyed by it.
DlaneyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.4/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
If you're hungry, eat. I definitely have days where I just feel like I'm starving! It's okay to eat if you want to. Some days I will eat more when I'm feeling like that, and some days I don't because I've gotten to the point where I do need to watch calories and carbs both. But there's no reason not to eat if you're actually hungry. Just make sure it's true physical hunger, and not the mental hunger that we all sometimes have.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /155 / 138 - 143
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
JMHO but TO ME, it looks like you're eating kind of light. Your proteins look a little on the lean side. Maybe when you get down to 170 or 180 this menu would be enough for you but right now try upping your fats a little with other fattier meats, poultry, etc. It almost looks like you cut your allowed amounts in half. I find it so odd about this woe that sometimes the less I eat the more my scale sticks! I thought about a month ago that I would reduce my intake and I totally sabotaged myself, not to mention I was hungry between brunch and supper. I'm not saying to eat past hunger of course, I'm just looking at your foods and TO ME they just seem a little low fat. Although we aren't to concern ourselves with calorie counting in the initial stages, I think if you add them up you may be quite low. That's just my two cents and there are others on these threads that will probably give you some really solid advice. Good luck on your journey.
Bonny-Jean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I also think you could eat bit more, especially given that you are hungry.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bluqq
Stats: at birth weight, lucky for mom she had big hips
Start Date: 11/24/05
Today was a hungry day for me. Unusual but it happens....eat!
Bluqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I've never been told I don't eat enough before, but I can think of worse problems to have. . I've been eating all day long (on plan) and am still hungry. Lol. I don't know if I can afford too many more of these hungry days. They aren't cheap. Thanks so much! I'll just eat when hungry and see what happens. Maybe I'm preparing for a whoosh....
Old 05-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /155 / 138 - 143
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
You may be right dear, just remember fatty cuts of meats and any kind of eggs.
Bonny-Jean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #8
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Do you really measure out the mayo and stuff? You don't need to. Use as much as you want. Maybe it's just not enough fat. Get crazy! If the losses slow later on after your hunger is gone, you can cut back on calories if you feel you need to.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Do you really measure out the mayo and stuff? You don't need to. Use as much as you want. Maybe it's just not enough fat. Get crazy! If the losses slow later on after your hunger is gone, you can cut back on calories if you feel you need to.

Get crazy! LOL. I eyeball my measurements. I thought I was eating at the upper limits, but my problem is probably that I was looking at macros and that isn't part of the 72 plan. So.....no tracking and just eating for the next couple days and see what happens. Still hungry today, but I'm eating more.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

It's funny how deeply entrenched our ideas about dieting and specifically watching calories are. They sneak out of the subconscious even when we are determined to do it a different way. I remember the first time I did Atkins in my early 20's. I think I just ate hamburger patties covered in cheese, eggs and bacon. I also would whip up a huge bowl of heavy whipping cream with sf jello powder in it and eat that every day. The weight just melted off. Oh, to be able to lose like that again.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #11
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oh, I know! The first time always goes so much faster, but then again, we were YOUNGER then. Just enjoy your adventure that you're on now and don't be shy about those fats. Hunger doesn't stand a chance.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arellianna
Stats: 272/230/164 Height 5'7"
Start Date: February 13, 2014
I have ravenous hunger pains sometimes. Yesterday was one of them. I decided to eat until that appetite obsession went away, and had a big steak with lobster and butter at 1 PM. Was not hungry at all for the rest of the day, totally satiated.

I am addicted to fat, so I normally try to eat within 1200-1400 calories per day (otherwise I would be drinking cups of olive oil ), but I find if I indulge the hungry days, my body automatically compensates by reducing my appetite for the following few days.
Arellianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: esquala
WOE: Atkins 72
Who knows? It could be your body is testing you to make sure you're going to feed it no matter what. Here's hoping for a whoosh!
esquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/122/130 BMI=20.9
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arellianna View Post
I have ravenous hunger pains sometimes. Yesterday was one of them. I decided to eat until that appetite obsession went away, and had a big steak with lobster and butter at 1 PM. Was not hungry at all for the rest of the day, totally satiated.

I am addicted to fat, so I normally try to eat within 1200-1400 calories per day (otherwise I would be drinking cups of olive oil ), but I find if I indulge the hungry days, my body automatically compensates by reducing my appetite for the following few days.
Yep, I agree completely!! I have a few days a week like that and I go with it and eat but remember to eat clean!!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Just Jo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:05 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Good advice, all. Yesterday was a bit better. I tend to be a nibbler and a grazer. I might eat an egg at 9 then another at 10 and just eat a little something frequently all day. Yesterday I decided to try to eat a full meal when hungry and see if that held me off a little better, which it did. I ate ground beef last night and it must have had an additive that contained gluten in it because I have been sick all day today (but not hungry lol). My weight is still not budging. I've bounced around the same two pounds for over three weeks now. Blah.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:51 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlaneyLynn View Post
Good advice, all. Yesterday was a bit better. I tend to be a nibbler and a grazer. I might eat an egg at 9 then another at 10 and just eat a little something frequently all day. Yesterday I decided to try to eat a full meal when hungry and see if that held me off a little better, which it did. I ate ground beef last night and it must have had an additive that contained gluten in it because I have been sick all day today (but not hungry lol). My weight is still not budging. I've bounced around the same two pounds for over three weeks now. Blah.
Hey girl, why don't you post your menu for us to see whatcha eating and maybe we can figure out why you're bouncing around the same two pounds for the past 3 weeks... (could it be that TOM?)

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arellianna
Stats: 272/230/164 Height 5'7"
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DlaneyLynn View Post
Sorry you are ill. Yuck .

Well, when in doubt....trust in the science of weight loss.... so if you are eating fewer calories than you are burning, you WILL lose weight. Eventually . Keep at it!

Arellianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Sure, I can do that. The one I posted at the top of the string is pretty typical, but I'll post another day. So far today, I've only nibbled on some pork roast.

No TOM for me. I was thrown into surgical menopause when I was "fixed" about 10 years ago. But, at 42 I do have to contend with post menopausal hormone levels, so there's that. I also have fibromyalgia and some digestive issues so I anticipate some challenges.

I am kicking myself about not being able to maintain my previous loss. I maintained for years, but my son who was 10 at the time was physically assaulted by a "person in a position of trust" and the trauma of witnessing that plus the ensuing law suit that lasted for years just drove me over the edge. I know we all have our stories/reasons though.

I saw your other post about where you were this time last year and all the progress you've made. Truly amazing and inspiring!
Old 05-19-2014, 01:49 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Dlaney! I can't believe it myself...

I went back and looked at your menu at the top of the thread. I see NOTHING that would stall you...
1) Maybe you're not eating enough fat?? MG would know these things.
2) How long have you been committed to this WOE without a cheat?
3) If you're taking medication, find out the side efforts.

I'm at a loss. But like we always say, if you're following the plan you will see results -- maybe slower than you'd like, but results none the less. I'm over here cheering you on!!

“This WOE is not a Diet,