Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cadet12
I need Atkins 72 friendly meal plans and recipes

Ok so I've been off the diet for 2 weeks ... I know bad! I wanna start back up so I can be smaller by summer and not feel so insecure. I tried my regular menu and I just couldnt do it! It seemed so gross! I guess its from eating all the good and bad food for a while. I just totally lost my appetite after a few bites. I need friendly meal plans. I know mostly fat. Can any one give me their menu or daily menu? Im ready to start back but I hate putting it off! I need it to be easy too! I dont have much time to stanf in the kitchen and cook Thanks!

Last edited by Cadet12; 05-13-2014 at 12:58 PM..
Cadet12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.4/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I keep it easy and simple.

Breakfast ~ 4-6 pieces of bacon. I cook up several pounds all at once in the oven on my day off and just reheat it every morning for breakfast.

Lunch ~ Egg Salad ~ I buy the already boiled eggs and mash 2 of them up in a bowl with 2 Tablespoons of Mayo and 1 Tablespoon of MCT Oil and some mustard

Snack ~ 1 ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese

Dinner ~ Some type of meat, usually on the grill ~ Steak, Pork Steak, Hamburger Patty, etc. Or I'll cook up a couple of eggs and add some cheese to them. Or I'll brown up a bunch of ground beef on my day off and reheat some of that and add some cheese and mayo to it.

Keep it simple. It really doesn't have to be time consuming or difficult.
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:22 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: canadianwoman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
I keep it easy and simple.

Breakfast ~ 4-6 pieces of bacon. I cook up several pounds all at once in the oven on my day off and just reheat it every morning for breakfast.

Lunch ~ Egg Salad ~ I buy the already boiled eggs and mash 2 of them up in a bowl with 2 Tablespoons of Mayo and 1 Tablespoon of MCT Oil and some mustard

Snack ~ 1 ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese

Dinner ~ Some type of meat, usually on the grill ~ Steak, Pork Steak, Hamburger Patty, etc. Or I'll cook up a couple of eggs and add some cheese to them. Or I'll brown up a bunch of ground beef on my day off and reheat some of that and add some cheese and mayo to it.

Keep it simple. It really doesn't have to be time consuming or difficult.

No salads?

I should use the already boiled eggs. There is a store near me that sells a dozen in a bag for around $3.00.
Already hard boiled and peeled. What could be easier for those lazy I-don't-feel-like-cooking days.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 05-14-2014 at 03:26 AM..
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:52 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terilynn77
Stats: 307/228/150
WOE: Atkins 72 ~ NK
Start Date: 2/10/14
MtherGoos ~ you should make that your signature!

I need to go back to making things simple. I read all these books and then it gets me all confused!! (Books other than Atkins 1972 version)

I've been wanting to ask you also - do you test for your ketone levels at all? I think I'm getting caught up in all this nutritional ketosis and it's just bogging my mind with worry!!

I'm sure that sounds silly!
terilynn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

CanadianWoman, No salads. I'm not saying you shouldn't eat them, I'm just saying that I don't. I stick to meat, eggs, cheese, and fats. Period, that's it.

TeriLynn, I don't think that sounds silly at all. There's so much information out there that it can get overwhelming and confusing. I do test for blood ketones. I don't trust the sticks, I never found them to be accurate for me, but I do test the blood because it's very accurate. I stick to the Atkins 72 induction food list, but I put a nutritional ketosis spin on it by keeping my fats high and making sure I stay firmly in ketosis. That's just me though. I knew I needed to lose a LOT of weight, and that I would be at this for a long time, so I did a lot of reading about it and I just really believe that the state of ketosis is good for our bodies and our brains in so many ways. BUT, you really don't need to make it complicated and worry about all that right now. Right now, I would focus on following Atkins 72 induction. That's it. Keep it simple, stick to the allowed food list, and don't make it more complicated than it has to be.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CanadianWoman, No salads. I'm not saying you shouldn't eat them, I'm just saying that I don't. I stick to meat, eggs, cheese, and fats. Period, that's it.
I was just wondering because a few years back, I was doing Atkins 72 and I wanted to drop the salads. I mentioned this on a different low-carb forum and I got nothing but grief over it from some of the other members.

To make a long story short, I ended up quitting the diet and regained my weight plus more weight piled on. I should have stuck to my first instincts and listened to my own needs and not dropped the diet.

I like salads but I just don't want them every. single. day.

P.S. You've done wonderfully MtherGoos

Last edited by canadianwoman; 05-14-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Old 05-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks CanadianWoman! No, Dr Atkins says you CAN have up to 2 cups of loosely packed greens each day, but he doesn't say you have to. I haven't had any veggies in 15 months, which is when I started. Once in a while I'll have some avocado, but not very often, and I was probably doing this 8 months or so before I allowed my self to have some. I think it's just all about finding what works for you. Some people find that they need the salad for more variety, so if that helps them stay on plan, then I think it's great. I don't miss the veggies at all, so it's easy for me to not eat them. I say whatever works for YOU is what you should do.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:33 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Here's what I eat on a regular basis and I only eat one time a day because if I eat more often I'm hungry all day long (weird but true):

Coffee w. Almond Silk Milk Unsweetened 8oz

6 oz salad w. homemade dressing
I rotate between: Baked chicken breast, canned tuna, broiled fish and Oscar Meyer Deli-fresh Smoked Ham (turkey once a month), 1-2 oz pork rind every other day or so and I just added dt. jell-o.

It's really basic, simple and I don't have to spend time in the kitchen. I preplan my meals about a week in advance and my DH does all the grocery shopping so I don't have to think about food.

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”

Last edited by Just Jo; 05-17-2014 at 04:35 AM..
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
I am one of those who finds it almost impossible NOT to eat veggies at all. I've tried it and found that it's just not enough variety for me. Adding in one serving per day helps me to stay on track and I can still stay under 10 net carbs for the day.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:18 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ejw55
Stats: 167/144.6/115
Start Date: May 2012
I too have trouble with the no veggie...I only eat it at dinner, that was my son won't question why he has to eat them ( he does like them)
I will either do a small salad or 1/2 c vegg with EVOO
ejw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:10 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monique
I have been eating only meat and eggs and I feel satisfied.
monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:03 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

IMHO, There's nothing wrong with eating veggies but with the understanding that veggies are carbs and you don't want to overdo the carbs or you negate the entire LC WOE benefits such as weight loss and hunger suppression. The lower the carbs, the faster you shed the pounds and the less hungry you are. The less hungry you are the less kcals you eat, the more weight you lose. It's a pretty remarkable cycle and the reason the LC WOE is so remarkably successful for those who follow the plan w/o cheats.

That's why Dr. A in his ultimate wisdom started everyone at "biologically zero" carbs on Level 1. It detoxed all the carbs from your system and started making over your body into "fat-burning" machines.

Last edited by Just Jo; 06-01-2014 at 03:07 AM..
Old 06-01-2014, 03:36 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
That is the difference I want to see and feel. the very very lc.

I started new atkins. 20 NET carbs.

now I want to see what very low TOTAL CARB will effect me.

and I find it funny that the NEW atkins people use Fat Fast and Meat and Eggs days to drop the weight VERY fast compared to staying on the 20 net carbs per day. the meat and eggs is basically the old atkins.

I do veggies every now and then. small leafy salad is my mainstay cause I like it. some brocc/cauli/asparagus thrown in every now and then is fine with me also.

but now it is all about the carb count.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:42 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
That is the difference I want to see and feel. the very very lc.

I started new atkins. 20 NET carbs.

now I want to see what very low TOTAL CARB will effect me.

and I find it funny that the NEW atkins people use Fat Fast and Meat and Eggs days to drop the weight VERY fast compared to staying on the 20 net carbs per day. the meat and eggs is basically the old atkins.

I do veggies every now and then. small leafy salad is my mainstay cause I like it. some brocc/cauli/asparagus thrown in every now and then is fine with me also.

but now it is all about the carb count.
I didn't know that part about the NEW atkins people and the Fat FAST etc. That's very interesting.

Sounds to me Trigger that you are all set to "Live your Life to Be Successful on this LC WOE" and I know you will see results!! So I'm over here cheering you onward and downward!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:16 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Blood testing?

Quote:
I do test for blood ketones. I don't trust the sticks, I never found them to be accurate for me, but I do test the blood because it's very accurate.
MtherGoos: what are you using to test? Someone on FB mentioned that there is a meter out that will test your breath for ketones. Aren't the blood testers a touch $$$?

Canadianwoman: like the avatar

I'm tempted to give the menu list an honest go; might be hard letting go of happy hour on Fridays
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
IMHO, There's nothing wrong with eating veggies but with the understanding that veggies are carbs and you don't want to overdo the carbs or you negate the entire LC WOE benefits such as weight loss and hunger suppression. The lower the carbs, the faster you shed the pounds and the less hungry you are. The less hungry you are the less kcals you eat, the more weight you lose. It's a pretty remarkable cycle and the reason the LC WOE is so remarkably successful for those who follow the plan w/o cheats.

That's why Dr. A in his ultimate wisdom started everyone at "biologically zero" carbs on Level 1. It detoxed all the carbs from your system and started making over your body into "fat-burning" machines.
Just Jo, may I use the quote I bolded for my signature? I wanted to ask you first beforehand.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post

Canadianwoman: like the avatar
Thanks. I like it too!
Old 06-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

That's JJo. I appreciate the support. I truly love low carb. Now the way is to find the perfect way that works best for me. I realize thru my experiments etc. with LC, that it has come to VLC for me. it works, it doesn't fail me and I realize it will be very important for my future.

in my mind and with hope I thought I could handle 'more' carbs, I see now it isn't the case. but I will adapt and do well I think.

IS THAT CANADIAN BACON? lol
I love that statement also. words to live by
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
Just Jo, may I use the quote I bolded for my signature? I wanted to ask you first beforehand.
Sure, you going give me the byline?
Old 06-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's JJo. I appreciate the support. I truly love low carb. Now the way is to find the perfect way that works best for me. I realize thru my experiments etc. with LC, that it has come to VLC for me. it works, it doesn't fail me and I realize it will be very important for my future.

in my mind and with hope I thought I could handle 'more' carbs, I see now it isn't the case. but I will adapt and do well I think.

IS THAT CANADIAN BACON? lol
I love that statement also. words to live by
By VLC you mean very low carbs? That being the case, that's what works for me as well but then I added the low kcal part to it and calculated those daily cause I wanted to lose the weight quickly and to know exactly how many kcals I can have when I started maintenance. I know I would have lost the weight regardless of going low kcals (not as quickly) but I have portion control issues and that seems to help me manage that aspect.

A lot of people can't handle more carbs, that's why they are frustrated when you go read the threads about other versions of Atkins -- especially those that are experimenting with the recipes and/or using Atkins franken-food processed products. They can't get into ketosis which is what makes us less hungry and what makes A '72 work so brilliantly for those of us that are following it to a T. I'm like preaching to the choir now aren't I Trigger? Sorry!! But can I get an AMEN??

Anyways...Getting to what works for you is the beautiful part of this WOE, you tweak it to work for you and to get the results you want. You will definitely be successful on this WOE because you have the right attitude about it -- you are going to ROCK this!!
Old 06-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Sure, you going give me the byline?
Of course.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
Of course.
Then go for it with my blessings!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:54 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

AMEN!!!!

yea JJo, I agree the cals. are going to come into this soon.

right now I want to eat ALL very low carb food when I need it thru the day. to never be hungry to get this started on a good path.

appetite is waning after some days on '72. Deep ketosis is my goal.

Now I want my '72 book to arrive and read up. There is reason behind this madness of counting every total carb...and that is success
Old 06-02-2014, 04:18 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
AMEN!!!!

yea JJo, I agree the cals. are going to come into this soon.

right now I want to eat ALL very low carb food when I need it thru the day. to never be hungry to get this started on a good path.

appetite is waning after some days on '72. Deep ketosis is my goal.

Now I want my '72 book to arrive and read up. There is reason behind this madness of counting every total carb...and that is success
Wishing you heartfelt success as you continue on your A '72 WOE journey -- you've got this!!!

Last edited by Just Jo; 06-02-2014 at 04:19 AM..
Old 06-03-2014, 05:22 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

I am trying
Old 06-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am trying
Naw you're not TRYING you are actually DOING!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

thanks
I am
get the try out of my mind.
I am working it, doing it and getting great results!!!!!!!!!!
my eyes are open.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
thanks
I am
get the try out of my mind.
I am working it, doing it and getting great results!!!!!!!!!!
my eyes are open.
**Doing the little happy-happy dance with you!!**

(I love this one -----> )
Old 06-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slinky
Stats: 213/201/160
Start Date: 6/18/14
These aren't really recipes but...

Lettuce as a wrap for chicken, tuna, or egg salad. It's convenient. I figure two stalks of Romaine is about a cup if it were cut up.

Microwave Cheese Crackers, just put cheese on a small plate or a wide bottom bowl (I use the moisture resistant paper plate or bowl, I don't know if it sticks to glass) and microwave for one minute, it's a great vehicle to get the egg, chicken, or tuna salad into my belly.
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Lettuce wraps

I brought lettuce wraps into work the other day had got a few weird looks. People just can't mind their own frickin business
Heck, even when I bring in sandwiches made out of oopsies, I get odd looks. Can't win; perhaps the best plan is to eat in my cube then come out & socialize during lunch hour
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote