Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/189/125?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 24, 2014 re-start
After 2 months of slow losses, It's time for '72

Hi everyone! I have been low carbing for 8 weeks as of tomorrow. I did slip up the week of Easter but lost all that I gained in two days back on plan. The problem is, I have been eating clean and have lost only 10 pounds. I have been following the New Atkins Made Easy book and I don't think it is working that well for me.

I have a couple of questions/concerns. First one is, what to pack for my lunch at work? I am starting a new job at an egg factory next week and am not sure what to pack since I don't like cheese other than cream cheese and cottage cheese and I can't have either on'72 from my understanding.

The second question is, do you think I will get the induction flu again? I got it pretty bad when I started and don't want that with a new heavy lifting job.

I believe my metabolism is ruined because I went on a medication that made me lose 60 pounds in 3 months and then I gained all that back when I went off the medication quite quickly because I ate a lot and drank a ton of chocolate milk. I am hoping Atkins '72 will help with this.

I would like to lose at least 20 pounds before July 17th when we go on vacation. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Welcome Jessica! I'm sure you have not ruined your metabolism! Trust me, nobody has yo yo dieted more than I have. The key is to be patient and consistent. If you want to achieve the greatest success in the shortest amount of time, stick to a VERY clean induction. Meat, eggs, cheese, and fats. Period. Don't mess around with all these recipes, packaged foods, and modified versions of the plan. Eat real, whole foods. Keep it simple and clean and stay on induction for as long as you'd like. Follow the plan exactly as Dr Atkins wrote it and you'll have the best chance for success.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
MtherGoos, I'm wanting to start '72 ASAP. When you say "Meat, eggs, cheese, and fats. Period." What cheese and what fat are you talking about? Cottage cheese...yes or no? Coconut oil...yes or no? No veggies?? Ordering the book this weekend. Would greatly appreciate your help. Want to lose as much as possible for a wedding in October but have a lot to lose in total. Thanks for your help.
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mamalaw, coconut oil is a great source of fat. As is butter, olive oil, mayo, things like that. Pure fat, no carbs and no protein in them. For cheese, the harder the cheese the better it is. I try to stick to extra sharp cheddar. No cottage cheese. Once in a great while I'll have some cream cheese, but I keep it to a minimum.

I hope that helps! Please ask if you have any questions, and good luck! It absolutely works as long as you're patient and consistent.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Hey jerickson and mamalaw!!

You gotta come join us at the "Original Atkins Do you follow it? Part 2" thread -- most of us are A '72 followers, we'd love to have you both there with us and anyone else new or old to A'72!!

"Together" we have all the answers!

Original Atkins 72 - Do you follow it? Part 2

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/140/136
WOE: Primal
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Good luck Jessica and mamalaw!

You are in good hands around here if you are open to advice.

July 17th and October are both a long time away. You both have a great opportunity for weight loss success!
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/189/125?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 24, 2014 re-start
I am very open to advice and am looking forward to it in fact! I am hoping this will fit me much better than The New Atkins Made Easy that I have been following. I think going back to the basics is going to help a lot!
jerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
I'm like Jessica any advice would be awesome. I ordered my book today but wont get it until sometime between the 8th and 14th. Just so I have this straight if I stick to Meat, eggs, hard cheese,fat and nothing else I'm doing this right...right. As always Thanks for the help. Lisa
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You got it Lisa. Keep it simple. Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're not. It really is just that simple.