Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Enjoy your ribs Paleo Guy! I use that sugar free barbecue sauce from Netrition for my BF's ribs and it's pretty good too. If you're weighing at the end of the day, with all your clothes on, that could definitely explain the difference with the scale too. Usually you'll weigh less in the morning.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
You most certainly do NOT Bonny! I just had a LOT more to lose than you did. You were smart enough to get it under control sooner than I was!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Oh yeah, after that one meal I was back on plan..we just hadn't been to store, and it was a rough day and we were at the other house with nothing and it just happened, I'm not upset about it. I enjoyed it. Well I tore a back muscle again today happened a few yrs ago, I am miserable.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/192/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Home for 2 days with strep. Gotta love those kids that cough in your face!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:21 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
It's Thursday!!

Good Thursday Morning Everybody!!

Okay I've said this before and I hope I don't jinx myself, but I think I've finally found my "sweet spot" -- the balance between kcals and carbs where I don't gain or lose more weight. I haven't lost anything since 28 April (11 days ago).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
You all probably think I'm insane that I am happy about not losing weight... I know it's really hard for me to even believe those words are coming out of my MOUTH. Anyhow...

kimber -- I eat pretty much the same thing all the time. I like to keep it simple and not have to think about food or touch it too much. And I know well in advanced what I am going to eat so I don't have to make poor food choices (i.e., eat those toxic killer carbs). I rotate between baked chicken breast, tuna, broiled fish and Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh Smoked Ham. I don't do red meat.

So in answer to your question -- big YES I do the same thing as you.

Bonny -- HUGE on the -60lbs. You are really rockin' this WOE -- you go girl!!!

Question? Why did you say 6-8oz of meat in your response to Jessica's post? There isn't a limit on how much meat you can have in A '72 (unless I missed that part in the book):

"Original Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution: Bantam edition / September 1972 paperback:

Meat: Steaks, Corned beef, Lamb chops, tongue, Hamburgers, Bacon, Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”

jerickson -- Thanks for the kind words!! I plan on being "FAT-free for LIFE!!" Sounds like you are getting the hang of this WOE too. A '72 is so simple and it really works, if one follows the plan. I know you'll see you personal goal weight before too long!!

Cudabear -- Wishing you luck over the week-end but why is that going to be an issue?

LovetoKnit -- to our LC WOE Party! I'm a "knitwit" too!!

Tweaker -- Huge on the 3lbs!! I'm hoping I can one day not obsess about counting every carb and kcal -- but I know me, I'm a control freak soooooo I control that aspect of my life now!!!

reptogirl -- Good to see you, I was starting to worry... that's terrific about your weight loss ;congrats: and glad that your moment of eating off plan was short lived... we're LOSERS not Quitters, so it's awesome that you're back on plan. Sorry about your back...

betterthanever -- You poor thing -- yeah, my kiddos (students) make me sick too ...but it's worse at the elementary school level 'cause those kiddos are always wet (runny noses, drooling etc) and they wanna hug you all the time...

Jo =]

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Old 05-08-2014, 04:43 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post

Good Thursday Morning Everybody!!

Bonny -- HUGE on the -60lbs. You are really rockin' this WOE -- you go girl!!!

Question? Why did you say 6-8oz of meat in your response to Jessica's post? There isn't a limit on how much meat you can have in A '72 (unless I missed that part in the book):
WHAT???? Are you serious???? OMG, so you mean for all these months I've been eating less than I had to?? C'mon now, that's just too funny!!! Oh well so maybe my slow loss is from not eating enough?? I guess less is better though!! Not like I could get away with eating an 18 ounce porterhouse or something like that! Yikes. I didn't have the book back in Sept when I first started and thought I read online about portion size but that was obviously a different version. Although I went strict '72 eventually, I wasn't aware enough to up the portion size. Again, LIVE and LEARN eh. I apologize for misinformation I passed on. Thank you so much for clarifying that. SORRY JESSICA!! Duh!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 04:50 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/183/125?
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2014 re-start
Ha ha it was in response to Kimber not me, so I am not confused at all!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:34 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
WHAT???? Are you serious???? OMG, so you mean for all these months I've been eating less than I had to?? C'mon now, that's just too funny!!! Oh well so maybe my slow loss is from not eating enough?? I guess less is better though!! Not like I could get away with eating an 18 ounce porterhouse or something like that! Yikes. I didn't have the book back in Sept when I first started and thought I read online about portion size but that was obviously a different version. Although I went strict '72 eventually, I wasn't aware enough to up the portion size. Again, LIVE and LEARN eh. I apologize for misinformation I passed on. Thank you so much for clarifying that. SORRY JESSICA!! Duh!!!
What you said though does make sense. A while ago I was eating on plan with no cheats and had a stall. After doing some tweaking, I realized that I was eating too much protein. So while technically there isn't a limit written in the book, some people will find that they do need to watch their protein portions.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:38 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Has anyone seen the movie Fathead? Netflix is sending that one this weekend and I'm probably more excited than I should be. I want my dh to sit and watch it with me. He's convinced that low fat is the way to go to control his high cholesterol along with meds. But he isn't fat so I don't know how much of an impact this movie will have on him.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:07 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/151/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Loved Fathead!!
Forced my hubby to watch it with me the other weekend.. He doesn't need to lose any weight but he’s always been on the fence about Low Carb diets. Really helped open his eyes about what carbs really does to your body and he has even cut out a lot of grains from his routine in an effort to be healthier.. YAY!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/238/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
I didn't get confused about the 6-8oz reference either although I can say that even tho I don't restrict myself to that portion it does seem that I'm satisfied with 8 oz.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:27 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
I just wanted to pop in to say hi and congrats on all the losing that's going on in here. I read every post for inspiration. I have been really focused. I've gone from 153.6 on April 24th to 149 this morning. It's taken a stricter induction to get things moving again for me. I come here to be reminded that its possible for me to get to my goal. I'm an incher not a whoosher!

Thank you everyone!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:47 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

I hear ya, girl. Guess I'm an "incher" or an "ouncer" too!!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/268/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Why I limit my Protein

I tend to keep my protein lower (60-90g per day) because I am diabetic and I find if I eat too much, my blood sugars do rise. Protein is broken down into glucose when used as an energy source, so I try to get just enough protein for my body type.

I eat more fat to make up the difference. Here is a sample of yesterday's menu and it's breakdown:

Breakfast

1 lg cup Coffee with 2 Tbl Cream

Snack

1 cup Almond Milk with 2 Tbl cream and 3 Tbl Walden Farms Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup (no carbs!) - blended to a creamy frothiness.

Lunch

2 Eggs
5 pieces Bacon

Dinner

8 oz Baked Haddock Fillet with 2 Tbl Melted Butter and herbs
1 Tbl Lemon Juice
2 cups Iceberg Lettuce
2 radishes
3 Tbl Mayonnaise
2 Tbl Walden Farms Ranch Dressing (no carbs!)

Totals

Total Carbs 8.8 (g)
Protein 77.5 (g)
Calories 1385.0

Yesterday was kind of a low calorie day because I just had a cup of coffee in the morning. Most days I would have a slice of my cheesecake, which adds 30g more fat, 300 more calories, 2 extra carbs and 4 more grams of protein. (I would have a smaller salad to bring my carbs under 10 in this case.) But I ate the last of my cheese cake the other day and have not made more. Which is why I made the almond milk "milkshake" with cream. I would have just snacked on a few slices of cheese, but I am out of that, too. We have to make do with what we got, I guess.

Most people on Atkins '72 tend to eat a lot more protein, but I just found it to be a bit detrimental to my diabetes. This probably would not bother a "normal" person at all. But I have this weird metabolism - all screwed up from the years of diabetes and insulin injections. I enjoy adding more fat, though, and tend to add extra mayo to my salads to beef them up a bit, and I always get tuna in oil rather than water. Makes for a yummier tuna salad.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pauletticus, I think it's great that you've found the way to make it work for you! It's so true that we're all so different, our hormones are different, our metabolisms are different, and our bodies each respond differently. Like you, I've found that I seem to lose better when I keep my fats higher, but I know Jo has found she loses better when keeping her fats lower and protein higher. I think Bonny has also found she does better with higher fat. I have also found though, that if my fat is too high, and my protein too low, that I get RAVENOUS! Stomach growling starving hunger. So I have to find that right balance. I love that we're all finding exactly what works for each of us, while still staying within the 72 framework that Dr. A gave us.
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
Old 05-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #166
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
hi again.

I came in to say I am not hungry. WOW. I have hardly ever said that. I did eat half a cup of chicken salad I made but could not eat the rest. I will save the rest for later . I bought some ketone sticks and I am on the color of the third one from the left. It says I am in ketosis. I should have used it as soon as I woke up but forgot.

This is day three on Atkins 72 induction. I have not wavered at all. Maybe by tomorrow I will have reached onederland??? two pounds in three days. Was on the other Atkins for two weeks. Ten pound total loss in that time.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome job, Sheila. You're doing great. Onederland tomorrow or Saturday. Fingers crossed for you!!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/183/125?
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2014 re-start
MthrGoos, your new picture is amazing! I can't believe how small you are now! Great job!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Jessica! That's very sweet of you!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/178/145
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Hi all!!

well, I finally got off that 204 and am now 201. So very excited by that!! Davyd is down to 119....which means he lost 9 lbs in 10 days!! he is doing really good and staying on plan! Very proud of him.

Good job all on all your success!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 04:01 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
It's Friday!!

Good Friday Morning Everybody!!

Changed my profile picture. Before is March 16, 2013 when I weighed 265 lbs and the after is March 15, 2014 when I weighed 130.

Bonny -- You are too funny... that's one of the best things on this WOE -- no limit to the amount of meat. Since I started this back in July I have been eating at least 16-18 oz of meat a day and it didn't affect my weight loss.

Last10 -- on the 4.4lbs you lost -- wow you are almost at your personal weight goal... Weeeeeeehoooooooo

I know that's why I come in here, to read the posts and be with people that understand where I am coming from in terms of this WOE.

BulldogMom -- I've never heard of "Fathead" -- is it a documentary on LC WOE?

Pauletticus -- Sounds like you have figured out what's working for you on this LC WOE since that is the MOST important thing. You go girl!!

That's what I love about this, you can tweak it without breaking it and get the results you want.

MtherGoos -- Yep MG, you're right, I'm doing low fat high protein (cause I'm watching my kcals numbers). Wish I could do this over again and try it without the kcals watching...but I wanted to know exactly how many kcals + carbs grams I could have by the time I started maintaining the weight loss. In the past, I never ever worried about kcals and lost tons of weight...following Dr. A's golden rule: Eat when Hungry.

Love your before and after -- what a transformation!!!

vessel -- on your 2 lb loss in 3 days. Now you know why those of us that have been doing A'72 do it!!! It really does work 100% of the time, if you follow the plan and the weight loss is amazing!!

IMHO, You really don't need to use ketostixs while doing this. The one and only time I used it was back in the late '70s when I attempted my 1st of many "LC diets" to lose the weight. They made me crazy, like the scales aren't a stressor enough, if you know what I mean.

michelle -- WOW HUGE to both you and Davyd!! Both of you are rockin' this thing!!!

Jo =]

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Old 05-09-2014, 05:18 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/238/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
JO--wow!!! That guitar looks HUGE against that little body of yours!!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:41 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Down 2lbs in 2 days.
Haven't kicked the wine yet but when I do I think i'll lose even faster.
Have a great weekend all!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:17 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I hear ya, girl. Guess I'm an "incher" or an "ouncer" too!!

I guess for us Bonny, it's not how fast we get there, but how long we stay there once we get to goal. This time its FOREVER!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:24 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Just Jo and MG, love the new pics! Gorgeous! Now if that isn't inspiration, I don't know what is!

Jo, I first started coming to LCF in 1999. I've been upand down the scale but haven't been this low since 1975. I've been maintaining this weight loss since 2011 and my doc is thrilled. Now I just want the final push.

Big joyful congratulations to everyone that she'd ounces or pounds this week!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last10 View Post
I guess for us Bonny, it's not how fast we get there, but how long we stay there once we get to goal. This time its FOREVER!
Roger that! The only injustice is that I thought losing this slow that my skin would keep up but alas, that is not the case!! I'm talking about an infinitesimal amount but I can see it so.......
Old 05-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Today was weigh in day I am finally at 15 pounds lost exactly.. Woohoo I'm ready for the next 15
Old 05-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudabear View Post
Down 2lbs in 2 days.
Haven't kicked the wine yet but when I do I think i'll lose even faster.
Have a great weekend all!
Okay..... I'm dumping the coffee~!~
Old 05-09-2014, 07:01 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Today was weigh in day I am finally at 15 pounds lost exactly.. Woohoo I'm ready for the next 15
EXCELLENT!!! Just keep at 'er and you'll do it, for sure!!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:10 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Okay..... I'm dumping the coffee~!~
I drink 2 coffee a day w/ HWC and I dont think that's something I will be giving up anytime soon.. Unless I have to stop going to work, but I think i'm a long way off from that!
Closed Thread