Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 04:02 AM   #1501
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/174.5/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Well another yo-yo day on the scale for me....getting frustrated again. I'm back up 0.8# this morning. Nothing different in my meals...same old stuff. Reading Dr. A's book and starting to think my BC pills may be contributing to extra water retention...not sure how I feel about that. I'm going to take a hard look at the multivitamin I take as well. Can someone please tell me the dosages of the vitamins they take? I mean besides a multivitamin...

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2014, 04:10 AM   #1502
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
I am so confused. I've been doing well eating well like meat and eggs and cheese not much not over 3 or 4oz

so like my day is like

beef + eggs+ little bit cheese

TOday I finally go all pastured, grass fed meats. However I don't get it I'm stalled up and down same weight. Haven't dropped anything I figured could be eating too much but than i lowered aned still up and down and up today.

I started with 1300s calories than went to 1600s, and that worked till think lack fat kept my digestive systerm bit hard to process all the protein, so went back to fatty meats
and went down to under 1400,

tho my eight is like up and down still either calorie amount. I knew when started at 1100-1200 and same weight still. So lost is it too low for me, I know I work out a bit hard but not as much as before doing just ten minutes.

Today I am doing grass fed meats and all natural cage free, nice dark orange yolk eggs.
However, the cheese be done in like day and one meal lol but than can either go organic cheese from store, but like why would u think my weight isn't going any place?

SO confused lol

carbs been 5-7 grams range.
I have only two sweetner drinks normally

hot tea with splenda one packet
diet snapple

rest carbs from eggs, and cheese maybe few but says nons in there etc.. but i know cheese has a little.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:13 AM   #1503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ejw55
Stats: 167/144.6/115
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: May 2012
Good Morning!

Are you all ready....drumroll.....the scale actually moved!! down .8

I am a little proud of myself...I hate water....but yesterday I actually got 4 glasses in....I made it very cold and had a wedge of lemon...I squeezed it only a little for the first glass...then sqeezed the rest for the second glass...to tell the truth, it wasn't that bad....I did just change the water filter in the fridge last week, so maybe that is why it tasted better.

The only things I did different yesterday was the water, had sauted spinach with evoo and garlic with dinner...and a glass of wine ...we will see if that number sticks!
Ellen

“Don’t eat anything your great-great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.” ~Michael Pollan
Old 06-24-2014, 04:57 AM   #1504
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
24 June

Morning All:
BMAC; sorry, got no minimums for you re: vitamins. My DW mentioned that Atkins does mention vitamins in the book but doesn't have a page reference. Perhaps PauletticusJ can pipe in?

Img: the forum thread I read about SS mentioned doing the 10x10 in 5'?
natosha120: lucky you getting grass fed beef. Our freezer order is almost done. That meat is delicious
I thought snapple was high in sugar? Double check that for a possible problem area.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:18 AM   #1505
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/168/145
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Wow!! So many new faces here!!! It has been awhile since I posted here. Mothergoose you look amazing!!! Good job!! I am down to 192....slowly but surely, I am getting there!!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:40 AM   #1506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
good morning all

BMAC, being a gal, there are going to be definite monthly fluctuations. So it has to be that. I am in menapause and even I get monthly sways also. you will have a whoosh coming your way probably soon
It is going to happen, don't let it frustrate you! Hold the A72 course as usual and results will come!

did great yesterday.
bacon
2 ribeye steaks
some hard cheddar for snacking and 2 slim jims

feel better eating this way. just works so well for me. guts love it too
carbs really change how I feel so the A72 way is best for me.

hope everyone has great losses on the scale! work it people!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:55 AM   #1507
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
good morning all

BMAC, being a gal, there are going to be definite monthly fluctuations. So it has to be that. I am in menapause and even I get monthly sways also. you will have a whoosh coming your way probably soon
It is going to happen, don't let it frustrate you! Hold the A72 course as usual and results will come!

did great yesterday.
bacon
2 ribeye steaks
some hard cheddar for snacking and 2 slim jims

feel better eating this way. just works so well for me. guts love it too
carbs really change how I feel so the A72 way is best for me.

hope everyone has great losses on the scale! work it people!
Thanks for the encouragement! I know that Aunt Flo can mess with things, but I'm not due for another two weeks. I've been yo-yoing with 3# for 11 days now. I'm giving it until Monday...which will be 17 days of yo-yoing and if I am not down then I'm seriously going to consider adding a Vitamin B complex supplement and/or eliminating my BC pill.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:06 AM   #1508
Senior LCF Member

oh no its diet so its no sugar snapple its like fake sugar sweetner like splenda.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:21 AM   #1509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bmac, you been tweaking your menu, eating a bit diff or any kinds of diff. foods?
Old 06-24-2014, 06:25 AM   #1510
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crookedsmile
Stats: (293/276/nt sure
WOE: Atkins 1972 version
Start Date: 06-24-14
Bonnie-Jean, You look GREAT in your new picture! I love it. Your stats are off the charts. 70 lbs lost!!!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:53 AM   #1511
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
bmac, you been tweaking your menu, eating a bit diff or any kinds of diff. foods?
No, absolutely nothing different. I eat the same thing every single day. The only thing that changes daily is my dinner meat. It is always only meat though, no veggie, no carbs whatsoever.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:23 AM   #1512
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: daisy1234
WOE: LC/A72
Start Date: January 2014
BMAC and MthrGoos - Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #1513
Senior LCF Member

I guess if I tried going low and such maybe my best be is trying to up the amount maybe I'm starving my body from enough food and though the activity and use of my brain power and energy to move. Maybe I need more. since its stalling back and forth up and down and not having sugar its all diet sweetners in the snapple and only one and one tea with splenda rest all water. like 64oz or more a day depending on heat. I also having 3 meals a day and maybe been eating to light and such now try to bring up and with grass fed should help out i think lol

hope this works since low calorie 1100-1400 seem keep me bouncing around
Old 06-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #1514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by crookedsmile View Post
Bonnie-Jean, You look GREAT in your new picture! I love it. Your stats are off the charts. 70 lbs lost!!!
Well thanks dear. Very nice of you to say but it's been 9 mons and it actually 67 but that's okay, it'll be 70 soon, well not soon enough but it will come.

btw: LOVE YOUR LABBY!! I had a chocolate for 13 yrs. Her name was Ko-Ko. Been a lab mom since I was 19.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #1515
Img
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Img
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac13 View Post
Well another yo-yo day on the scale for me....getting frustrated again. I'm back up 0.8# this morning. Nothing different in my meals...same old stuff. Reading Dr. A's book and starting to think my BC pills may be contributing to extra water retention...not sure how I feel about that. I'm going to take a hard look at the multivitamin I take as well. Can someone please tell me the dosages of the vitamins they take? I mean besides a multivitamin...

Hope everyone has a great day today!

I never took or take any multivitamins, but I get NUUN electrolyte tablets: 1 a day normally, sometimes 2. The trouble with multivitamins is absorption which is rather poor. I researched this and decided that multivitamins aren't worth taking.

Hope you continue losing very soon, we're all looking forward to you hitting all your goals as planned. BC pills are a known source of problems when losing weight, but the only solution I have seen is trial and error.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:38 AM   #1516
Img
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post

Img: the forum thread I read about SS mentioned doing the 10x10 in 5'?
I don't recall Pavel saying this and can't find it in the book. But in any case, 10x10 in around 5-6 min is not super-hard. I'll time myself tomorrow when I do my morning 100 and let you know how long it took. I should also search through SS once again to make sure Pavel didn't hide this advice in plain sight somewhere...
Old 06-24-2014, 09:01 AM   #1517
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Img View Post
I never took or take any multivitamins, but I get NUUN electrolyte tablets: 1 a day normally, sometimes 2. The trouble with multivitamins is absorption which is rather poor. I researched this and decided that multivitamins aren't worth taking.

Hope you continue losing very soon, we're all looking forward to you hitting all your goals as planned. BC pills are a known source of problems when losing weight, but the only solution I have seen is trial and error.
I didn't realize about the poor absorption with the multivitamin. Maybe I'll look into that more. After reading half of the '72 book, I know my BC pills are not playing a good role in my weight loss. I knew that they made a lot of women retain water, but now I know there is more to it. I may have to give them up and try a different method. We'll see how I do this week and I'll make a decision on Monday. I really want to keep taking them as I have a 15 month old and my husband and I are NOT ready for #2 yet!

Mini goals:

200lbs by August 12, 2014 Weigh in at weight loss challenge (Made it-July 18, 2014)
180lbs by October 4, 2014 Costa Rica Trip (Made it-Sept 12, 2014)
165lbs by November 25, 2014 My Birthday
145lbs by April 2, 2015
Old 06-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #1518
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Well thanks dear. Very nice of you to say but it's been 9 mons and it actually 67 but that's okay, it'll be 70 soon, well not soon enough but it will come.

btw: LOVE YOUR LABBY!! I had a chocolate for 13 yrs. Her name was Ko-Ko. Been a lab mom since I was 19.
I love him too. He's a Boykin Spaniel. He's short haired though which isn't common. We were out fishing and I caught him licking his lips. I want to get another pic of him soon though, he's turning gray at only 8. He doesn't know it though. ha ha. He doesn't look like the pic anymore. We also have a Collie mix. I just love our pets. I felt it necessary to write, I have really been reading all of your posts since Sunday. I want to start the challenges too. I can't go grocery shopping until Friday - pay day. Although,I have been trying to make the best of what we have at home. Also, staying away from anything extra that we have carb related. For instance, we had hot dogs, but I stayed away from the bun, ketchup and French fries. Porkchops and potatoes, broccoli. I ate my porkchop only. I stopped all bad snacks. My dh picked up a dozen of eggs after work, so I had those this morning. But I'm not officially on the diet yet because I just don't have the supplies. I have decided to turn to Atkins 1972 plan though, and am following all of everybody's advice that are true purists. I don't want anybody to think I'm posting and not going to do anything about my weight. I will be able to start pure this weekend. I still don't know how much I weigh exactly and will correct when I find out. Thanks for reading and caring. I care about all of you and am behind you all 100 percent. You all are doing great!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #1519
Major LCF Poster!

Not much to buy.... eggs, mayo, any kind of unprocessed or pkg'd meats.
Up to 2c of leafy greens, hwc for coffee. I use Silk Unsweetened Coconut with a drop of hwc. I drink 1 or 2 glasses of Diet Coke each day. 2-3 times a week I have sf jello for a big treat. I used to just make it but now I buy those little cups but they do have 1 carb per although they are sugar free.
I cook meats in coconut oil as well but you can use olive. Olive oil has too much flavor me and can't take much heat I find.
You could always grab a few steaks or some chicken to hold you till the big shopping day???

Sorry 'bout the labby thing? The face and ears look labrador so hence my error. LOL. Short, dense haired Spaniel for sure!! Gorgeous though. I love
seeing everyone's furbabies.

Glad you're gonna get on board with us and do this for yourself! Have you ever heard of a guarantee with a diet! Well, Atkins '72 is practically that as long as you stick with it! You deserve this for yourself and I wish you all the best and so many happy moments will be had in your future!!!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #1520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well I sneaked a scale peak

down 1 lb. WEE

haven't been on the scale much but happy to see 1 more gone. in the down direction!!

bmac, don't worry. You lost alot fast. I bet you will whoosh it out soon!!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #1521
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Your menu looks really good so maybe the trick is to just stick with one woe and see what happens! You'd be amazed what you learn to live without if you just give it some time. It's hard yes, but what you put in is what you'll get in return so hang in there, take it one day at a time and you might be pleasantly surprised. Changing your woe regularly is very hard on the body and mind! Good luck dear!
Thank you, Bonny. My body probably tells all them fat cells "just wait a minute, she'll be changing any second now.."

I ended up having my salad with some salami (it's all I had in the way of meat ), cheese, and dressing (real mayo, mustard, Splenda). I also had a couple of chicken bouillon broths during the day. Hoping that accounts for the .5 I gained overnight.

So far today:

B: BPC
L: Tuna salad w/real mayo, sugar free pickles
S: Egg salad (real mayo, mustard)
D: Never sure about dinner until dinner.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #1522
Major LCF Poster!

The chicken bouillon broths might be loaded with sodium so that might account for the minimum bump! No worries.. lots of water and it will flush out. Sometimes a hit of sodium helps if you're feeling wonky!
Old 06-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #1523
Img
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookedsmile View Post
He's a Boykin Spaniel. He's short haired though which isn't common.
Oh dear.... I thought he was a Lab. Spaniel, eh?
Old 06-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #1524
Img
Senior LCF Member

Bonny-Jean, we want both you AND the cute doggies in the pic. So far, it's either you or them.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #1525
Junior LCF Member

Trigger - Yay for the pound lost!

Bonnie-Jean - I have supplies to make an omelet 2nite w just enough sharp cheddar. (wish I had some bacon) BTW, everybody thinks he's a lab until they see his tail.

This is going to be very doable.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #1526
Img
Senior LCF Member

There is no sugar free jelly here that is edible by me. Supermarkets have Hartleys, but it's made with aspartame and pork gelatine. How unfair.

Could someone please eat a nice strawberry jello with whipped cream on my behalf.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #1527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

img, I just googled asparatme free diet jello and hit a ton of sites that off recipes for making your own jello with stevia or other sweetners of your choice. these were low carb options.

nice to know. I hate the apsartame also.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #1528
Img
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
img, I just googled asparatme free diet jello and hit a ton of sites that off recipes for making your own jello with stevia or other sweetners of your choice. these were low carb options.

nice to know. I hate the apsartame also.
Thanks, Trigger.
I don't normally eat jello or artificial sweeteners, so I'll try googling for one-serving options and see what's available. Also I am not sure whether pork-free gelatine is available in the UK. On the bright side, because this treat is so hard to come by, the chances of someone mindlessly eating too much are slim.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #1529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

img, you are UK. whole lot of different products for sure.

while I love A72 which is eat very low carb and natural, every now and then I am finding I want a 'bit more'. not much. if I could 'just fill that little niche' I would be in heaven

I wish I liked pork rinds. bleck. never could handle that taste. I am searching for 'crunchy'. tried the kale chips. yikes. not for me.

you know when you are ok with what ya eat, but JUST a smidge more options would be nice for the rest of your life

I guess I will just keep searching slowly. I gotta come across something
Old 06-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #1530
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Trigger - why don't you make some cheese crisps? Just bake little bitty piles of shredded cheese on parchment paper in the oven at 350 until brown and crisp. they really do make a crispy snack.
Closed Thread