Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/129.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Thank you PaleoGuy! Yes, I've never really understood why he listed the Oopsie Rolls on Induction, but also clearly says to stick to the harder cheeses. I know Cream Cheese is typically at least 1 carb per ounce and some cottage cheese can have 4 or more carbs per 1/2 cup or so I think. That's why I just avoid the oopsie rolls, I'd rather stick to the hard cheeses myself, just to be safe. I would say that having the alcohol on the weekends COULD be slowing you down. Even if it has 0 carbs, or very low carbs, our bodies process alcohol differently. I know you have to burn off the alcohol before you burn fat. Somebody else may have better information on that for you.
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
oopsies

I know, weird eh? Oh well, I haven't been eating them since my initial interest & that super craving for a toasted tomato sandwich hit.
My DW isn't going to be too happy about Happy Hour getting cancelled.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well definitely don't tell her it's MY fault! LOL
Old 05-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/185.6/125?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2014
MtherGoos, your success is inspiring me! I am hoping to be back in a size 3/4 which is the size I was before children. Seeing that you made it when your stats started much higher than mine makes me believe that it is very do-able for me! Day 2 is almost done and I made chicken and broccoli stir-fry for my husband tonight and took out the broccoli on my plate which is something I wouldn't have been able to do the past 2 months. I feel like I am free on A '72 where before I was always tracking everything I put in my mouth. Full steam ahead! I can't wait to weigh on May 18th!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Jessica! It is amazing to be able to do this and not have to count anything, isn't it? Congrats on getting through Day 2! Keep up the good work!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:20 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
I have made it thru day two with my sanity intact. The only downside was that I decided to get a diet cherry limeade from sonic and after drinking it I looked it up....4 carbs! Oh well, live and learn. I was still under 11 net carbs for the day.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
Oh, and please everyone, send good thoughts my way in the morning. I am going to be learning how to kill my own roosters to put up in the freezer. We have eight roosters that need to go. I hope that I make it thru the process without
Old 05-06-2014, 06:33 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Cfine!!! No worries, I think Jo did that same exact thing the other day! It may not have been Jo, not sure, but somebody did. Just stay on track and don't let it throw you.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:53 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
It's Hump Day!!

Good Wednesday Morning Everybody!!

BulldogMom -- Thanks for answering about why you eat your "carby veggies" earlier in the day. I am the exception to a lot of the "rules". I eat one time a day and sometimes it can be about an hour before bed time depending on my schedule. That being said, it doesn't seem to interfer with my weight loss -- but then I have the metabolism of a corpse.

I rememeber a few years back, Oprah was praising the virtues of not eating 2 hours before bed time and you see how well that worked for her (NOT).

I know Dr. A said not to eat late, but he implied that it was the snacking from our former pre-LC WOE lives when we were eating the carb crap. IMHO, I think his reasoning was that it would be a "trigger" for us to eat carby foods or just to eat because that was our nightly habit. A '72 Golden rule is "eat/drink when you're hungry/thirsty".

Last10 -- I'm cheering you on about your May goal!!!

michelle -- Yeeeehaaaaa to Davyd for his loss!!

About the International Delight SF Creamer for you friend, I've been using it all along... doesn't seem to bother me (no gain or stall). But I switched to 1/2 and 1/2 last weekend and I'm going to see if our ONLY grocery store in town (a Wal-mart) has any of the Silk Almond Coconut Blend Unsweetened "milk" -- cause it's only 35kcals and 1 carb per 8 oz. Actually any of their unsweetened "milk" is low in kcals and very low carbs like 1 carb per 8 oz.

Lauri -- oh that would explain the strawberries -- sorry I thought you were in Induction.

Cudabear -- to our LC Party!!! MG is spot on about what to eat in A '72. We don't worry about the percentage ratio between the energy nutrients.

I think I have hit my "sweet spot" about the number of daily carbs I can have since I haven't gained or lost any weight in 8 days, right now I am averaging around 10-12 carbs -- but I am very carb-intolerant so I know I'll always be under 20 carbs since I REFULE to REGAIN!

cfine -- Congrats on keeping those 50lbs off -- that's a monumental victory all in itself. I'm cheering you on for your cruise in Novemeber cause I know if you continue religiously (no cheats) you will be uber SUCCESSFUL!! You can do this!!

BTW, I did the same thing with SONIC MG was right! Yep that was me the other day about the drink, but mine was a Route 44 Dt. Limeaide and on Sonic's website they call it a low calorie drink, not a diet drink... but I didn't check it out til AFTER! I mean it wasn't that toxic, only 2 carbs, but I should have known better, you know what I mean? And since I can only tolerate about 10-12 carbs a day, I felt I wasted 2 of them on a silly drink. Live and learn, eh?

You are so going to have to tell us how the rooster killing went...or maybe not???!!

MtherGoos -- HUGE on your loss!! I'm over here doing the happy dance for you!! OMG you are so close to your personal goal!!! You'll have to tell us how you plan to maintain cause I need ALL THE HELP I can get. Congrats again!!

CPGuy -- Good question about the cream cheese vs. cottage cheese in the "rolls" the only difference I could see is that 1 oz of cream cheese is 99 kcals vs. cottage cheese at 29 kcals and both have 0.8 carbs per oz.

jerickson -- You are so going to rock this and see those sizes 3/4. To me, eating LC is 99% mental because it's all about attitude -- we just need to nourish our bodies with the food choices we make and A '72 is so easy once you figure that out and the results are spectacular!! I'm over here cheering you on!!

Jo =]

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Old 05-07-2014, 03:36 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/244/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Do any of you guys eat pretty much the same thing everyday? I have 3 eggs made into egg salad every morning. A hamburger at lunch. 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese for snack. Ribeye steak with a small salad for dinner. Everyday!!

My husband is concerned about my menu being without variety but I do it to keep it simple. He is concerned about "all that red meat". I like my simple menu because 1st off, there is no question as to what I will be eating. 2nd off, it keeps my taste buds in check ---I'm not standing around trying to decide what I FEEL like eating at that moment because I already know!!

Just wondering if anyone else does this same thing??

KIMBER
Old 05-07-2014, 04:50 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /148 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Happy day, I finally hit the 60 lbs lost mark, albeit the high end at 168.9 but it's still 60!! Now only 23 to go!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:16 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/185.6/125?
Start Date: March 2, 2014
Yes I eat the same things every day for breakfast and lunch. I rotate my dinners between fish, turkey, chicken, and beef. Not many veggies anymore, I think I was having too many before I started A '72 this week. It makes it so much easier when you don't have to track everything. I keep it simple!

JustJo it is so nice to have a great cheerleader like you on this thread! Not to mention how you kicked butt on the weight loss! You are really helping me to stay on track, MthrGoos as well! Thank you!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:49 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
Do any of you guys eat pretty much the same thing everyday? I have 3 eggs made into egg salad every morning. A hamburger at lunch. 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese for snack. Ribeye steak with a small salad for dinner. Everyday!!

My husband is concerned about my menu being without variety but I do it to keep it simple. He is concerned about "all that red meat". I like my simple menu because 1st off, there is no question as to what I will be eating. 2nd off, it keeps my taste buds in check ---I'm not standing around trying to decide what I FEEL like eating at that moment because I already know!!

Just wondering if anyone else does this same thing??

KIMBER
Your choices look very good so far. I eat eggs, meat and mayo/oils/butter. As far as meat goes, you can pretty much eat anything around 6-8 oz, I think it is? Pork, beef, lamb, venison, etc, any kind of fowl, most seafood except mullosks. There's lots of protein variety so you don't have to have too much "red meat." I try to pick the fattiest cuts of pork, beef and chicken to keep the fats up. I cook eggs in butter and the meats in coconut oil. But yes, it is just eggs, meats and fat each and every day but IT WORKS!!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Happy day, I finally hit the 60 lbs lost mark, albeit the high end at 168.9 but it's still 60!! Now only 23 to go!

Yay Bonny-Jean! That is so awesome!

Old 05-07-2014, 06:54 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/151/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Thanks everyone for the advice and answering my questions.

Day 1 today.
B: Coffee w/ HWC
L: Non Processed Turkey Slices, 2 Slices of Cheddar Cheese
D: DH mentioned he wanted to hit the pub tonight so it depends if we go there. Either plain Chicken Wings (10), or Homemade burger patty with a slice of cheese and pickle.
Total Carbs (not net) should sit around 5.

Now I just need to hope I can stick to this through the weekend!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:00 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations Bonny!! I'm so excited for you! You've worked hard for this and been patient and consistent and it's paying off!

Kimber, I do. I eat the same things for months at a time. Keeps it easy for me.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:13 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Mthergoos but would be even happier if I was where you are!! Congrats yourself on yet another loss!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:04 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Good morning everyone! I haven't posted in awhile but I have been trying to keep up with the posts, boy, this is an active thread!! Congratulations to everyone doing so well. For the past week or so I gave up the scale and worrying about everything I ate. I have been a low carber for so long it is just natural for me to have my carb glasses on whenever I look at food. I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped on the scale on Monday and was down 3 lbs.! I think I'll continue just doing what I'm doing and not obsessing about weight and food all the time and see what happens.

I've read a lot about using cream or cottage cheese in the revolution rolls on induction. The recipe only calls for 3 Tbs. of cottage cheese. The two carb counter books that I have say 1) 2.8 carbs in 1/2 cup and 2.) 3.0 in 1/2 cup. One-half cup is 4 Tbs., so for 3 carbs per 1/2 cup that's .75 carbs per Tb. or 2.25 carbs for 3 Tbs.. Then it goes into a recipe that makes 6 rolls so you are getting .375 carbs per roll for the cottage cheese. I think that's why they are included in induction, because there is a negligible amount of carbs in each roll. I sometimes use cottage cheese but recently I have just used mayo in them. I don't think people should be afraid of having the revolution rolls especially if they miss a bread substitute, revolutions are the answer. Just my opinion.

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: moondogii
WOE: LC
Start Date: Jan 2014
Wow Bonnie, that's great to hear...I've been doing LC since Feb and switched over to the 72 last week and cannot believe the changes..I love it and everyone here is so encouraging.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondogii View Post
Wow Bonnie, that's great to hear...I've been doing LC since Feb and switched over to the 72 last week and cannot believe the changes..I love it and everyone here is so encouraging.
Well thanks moondoggii... and
This is an awesome WOE and the most successful I've ever been. Atkins '72 is a sustainable LC choice and this is also a great thread for information and support. You'll have a great time here, learn so much, as I did and your journey will be more bearable because of it. Lots of knowledgable, friendly people here to help you out. Keep posting!!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DlaneyLynn View Post
Another day down. I've really tightened up my program thanks to you all. Three carbs today from a cup of mustard greens. I'm not sure if that's the green salad Dr. A had in mind, but the carb count is almost as low as green leaf lettuce and I like the spice. 1300 calories...68 percent fat. I'll probably have a spoonful of coconut oil before bed to up that percentage.
Sorry for any typos.. I'm in my "smart" phone.

My problem is with this unrelenting constipation still. I took 750mg of magnesium citrate to see if that helps. So far, no luck. I've tried everything. Grrrr. Can someone with a 72 book tell me if Dr A said we could use physillium in induction?

Hope everyone is having a great night.

Oh exciting news. We keep ferrets as pets and my friend who runs the local ferret rescue called me this morning about a tiny baby that was abandoned. He's wants me to take the little guy in. I'm so excited. The babies are so cute.
If you add more fat to your diet, the constipation will go away. Sometimes fiber can actually make it worse.
Carolyn
Old 05-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoknit View Post
If you add more fat to your diet, the constipation will go away. Sometimes fiber can actually make it worse.
Carolyn
I eat between 75-80% fat most days. I think I'm just a tough case and my fibromyalgia probably contributes. I'm going to just visit my Dr. Thanks for the suggestion though
Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
In case anyone wondered I'm still around, just been having a hard time emotionally finally was under 320 on the scale, almost at 15 pounds total lost, I did have a way off plan meal Saturday, ehh it happens, didn't seem to really affect me negatively , but it was just that meal not the whole day, or weekend lol. Things have been rough.. Hoping things start shaping us for me, and everyone in my family.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:03 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ReptoGirl, hang in there! Take it one meal at a time, one decision at a time. You had one meal, not one whole day off plan, so that in itself is a victory. Just go forward from here. Don't let that one meal ruin your whole plan, just get right back on track and keep going forward.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Moondogii!! Love your name!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 7/19/2014
WAY TO GO BONNY-JEAN!!

You and MtherGoos are my HEROS!!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah! Thank you Lilac, that's so sweet! Good luck with your next round of HCG!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, wow, thank you from me too, but I still take a back seat to Mthergoos!
Tks though!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You most certainly do NOT Bonny! I just had a LOT more to lose than you did. You were smart enough to get it under control sooner than I was!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
I sometimes use cottage cheese but recently I have just used mayo in them. I don't think people should be afraid of having the revolution rolls especially if they miss a bread substitute, revolutions are the answer.
I haven't had much luck with the mayo version
When I really crave a sandwich now, I just get some lettuce leafs and pile the meat in between with some mayo.

So I step on the scale at the Y last night & read 262
Check the scale at home this morning & it's reading 255
Time to cough up some $$$ for an accu-measure & see what the skin folds say.

My DW is away visiting her Mother so I'm off to get the ribs on. Just have to remember to omit the sweetener from the BBQ sauce recipe from LLC.
Closed Thread