Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 04:49 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/185.6/125?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2014
Good morning everyone! Today is the day I start A '72 and I am really excited this morning. I am hoping to see my weight start to really come off. I am starting at 187.6 today and will not weigh for 13 days, I joined a thread on the main board a few weeks ago about no weighing for 5 weeks and that will be the 18th. I do have one question though. I am starting a new job at an egg factory this week and will be working on the line, so I can't go to the restroom as frequently as I have been here at home. I am wondering if I drink most of my fluids earlier in the day before I go in from 4pm-1am if that will help? This is my only concern about doing meat,eggs, fat only. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 06:00 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/278/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Happy Cinco de Mayo! I will be making Atkins '72 Induction Friendly Tostadas today! I nukulate a small pile of cheese on parchment paper in the microwave until crispy and use that as the tostada shell. Pile it with taco meat, cheese, and top with a bit of sour cream, lettuce and a sprinkle of hot sauce. I think the cheese shells are actually better than icky corn tortillas. Has anyone else ever tried this?
Old 05-05-2014, 06:17 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/187/145
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Morning All!!! Hoping you all were successful yesterday!!!

Davyd woke up and weighed himself, and was 122. He was disappointed Poor guy! I just gave him a hug and told him that it was ok and this week he would lose some more lbs! He set a little mini goal to be 219 by the end of the week....I hope he makes it!!

I stepped on the scale this morning (are you all surprised by that?) and was down to 202.8 (Happy dance!!) Hopefully, I will continue to lose again!!

Jerickson- You can do this!!! The weight will start coming off and you will start feeling better, in and out!!!

Just Jo- Your stats are amazing!!!! Did you lose 35 lbs in your first month?? Wow

Mamalaw- As long as you stick to the plan, you are gonna rock this!! Good luck and can not wait to hear about your progress!!!

Alrighty then. Will be on here a few times today....as I always am, to follow everyone's journeys!!! Have a great day

Feb 15, 2014....226
July 30, 2014.....185
Goal......145

Made it to my half way point July 30...
Old 05-05-2014, 06:48 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lauri
Stats: pant size: 12/loose 10/6
Start Date: 04/10/14
Good morning and happy Cinco de Mayo!!! It appears that spring has finally arrived here in Cheyenne (for now, anyway LOL!)
It is going to take me forever to get everyone straight here! After I workout, I'm heading to the Natural Grocers store and Sam's club for goodies.
RE telling people about our WOE. I will post recipes on FB, and cringe when people ask if they can substitute "low fat __________." I say "of course!" But my brain is saying "why would you want to???"

I hope everyone has a fabulous day! I love reading posts about food ideas and especially the ones about everyone's progress!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
Happy Cinco de Mayo! I will be making Atkins '72 Induction Friendly Tostadas today! I nukulate
Nukulate LOL!!!!!

Last edited by Lauri; 05-05-2014 at 07:12 AM..
Old 05-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Berta ~ the Mag I take is in a capsule form but any type would work. I know Netrition sells Natural Calm which is a powder that you add to water. I have that as well. It helps with sleeping too.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #67
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Berta ~ the Mag I take is in a capsule form but any type would work. I know Netrition sells Natural Calm which is a powder that you add to water. I have that as well. It helps with sleeping too.
I have treid smooth move tea but doesn't work as well as milk of mag. I'll get something Are you to take it everyday or just as needed?
Old 05-05-2014, 07:19 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
I have treid smooth move tea but doesn't work as well as milk of mag. I'll get something Are you to take it everyday or just as needed?
I found Smooth Move tea too harsh I take Mag every night before bed. I have no constipation whatsoever. On a low-carb diet constipation is very common because we aren't getting much fiber. You can get it at any store that sells vitamins.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 7/19/2014
Hello to everyone, I've been lurking here on the '72 board for a few days. I'm currently doing HCG but I had what is called a Planned Interruption for my birthday. I've been doing my best to keep it as close to Atkins '72 as possible since I needed to replenish my protein and fats but needed to minimize gains. So I've peeped a thread or two to help keep me focused, and to what I see going on here!

Berta... if I may... since we've shared posting on threads in the HCG forum... and since as an outsider, I think I see where the problem is...

Atkins '72 is the purest form of low carb living. It is also the best for yielding weight loss results. Now, I understand that it is a bit restrictive - although NOWHERE nearly as restrictive as the HCG protocol, that's for sure - and I understand that it is not for everyone. No one is forcing you to adhere to Atkins '72. But it is an Atkins '72 sub-forum of LCF. It's not the Atkins Induction sub-forum, where you can be on any form of Atkins Induction that you want to be on. It's not the Atkins Nutritional Approach sub-forum, where you can also be on any form of Atkins plan that you want to be on. It is SPECIFICALLY for Atkin's '72. You can probably imagine that the majority of people who are there want to practice Atkins '72. To them, this is sort of like their sacred space, ya know? Where they should feel safe and comfortable discussing THEIR preferred WOE with like-minded people.

Imagine say... belonging to a knitting group. You enjoy your time in the group surrounded by like-minded people who love to knit. You have lots of fun and learn a lot of things while discussing knitting. Knitting is what brings you all together... and then someone comes along who chooses to crochet instead. They want to be a part of the group, but have no interest in knitting. They just want to crochet. Now, there is a crochet group right there in the next room... but the person who crochets wants to be in the knitting group. They feel like, "Hey, I'm using a needle with the yarn, same as the knitters, what's the big deal?" The knitters may be warm and friendly in the beginning, but they will reach a point where the person who refuses to knit just makes them flat-out uncomfortable. Now say that the person who crochets decides to invite some of their crochet friends over to the knitting group and the tension becomes even greater. Meanwhile, that crochet group is right next door, and they have plenty of room...

Me myself, this was just a weekend lurk for me and no big deal. But I can say with honesty that if it had been more, the lack of focus on a thread for a supposed sub-forum would turn me off quicker than any resulting drama from people with different points of view. I would definitely be confused as to all the talk about non-'72 foods. I would have to back out just to make sure that I was indeed in the Atkins '72 sub-forum, and then I would be confused some more as to why so many posts have nothing to do with Atkins '72 were in it. If I were new to the whole thing, I would also be terribly confused as to how to do it PROPERLY without tweaking or eating non-allowed foods, especially so early on in my journey.

People new to the diet need all the help that they can get. It's helpful to give them advice and tips for the particular WOE. It's sort of sabotaging to them to post conflicting information that goes against the WOE they are thinking of undertaking. They might be coming to the knitting group armed with new pairs of knitting needles and ready to knit, and should not be convinced to put them down and pick up a crochet hook instead - especially if they haven't even given knitting a fair try before they decide to give it up in favor of crocheting.

Respect and support are two way streets. Just like you expect others to respect your preferred WOE, you should also respect others. Please consider either ascribing to Atkins '72 (which works wonderfully since it is as Dr. Atkins originally intended the diet before it became commercial and about profit) or posting somewhere more appropriate for your preferred WOE.

I know you've struggled in your last 3 week P2 round of HCG, and I know you're struggling now. I hope you find the groove that works for you, everyone should be able to set their goals and have all the help and support in accomplishing those goals. But I do mean everyone. I hate to see a board that I belong to so up in arms, especially when the issue that is causing the strife can so easily be rectified.

By the way, I neither knit not crochet as I am not terribly skilled in such crafts requiring patience, lol. It was just the first comparison that came to mind.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.4/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Exactly this
Old 05-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Out of curiosity, is parmesan considered a hard cheese? Maybe not the kind that is already pre-shredded but the one that comes in a block?

For the ones that don't know me, Hi! Sorry for crashing the thread. I'm mainly just lurking on this board. I started reading the "72 guidelines and realized that when I'm sticking to my modified plan, I'm basically doing the '72 version with the exception of some of the veggies I eat. When I feel like eating veggies, I rotate between cucumbers, cauliflower, and cabbage and they're always eaten no later than lunchtime.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/278/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
I found an article online which I found motivational, so I just wanted to post an edited excerpt from it for your reading pleasure. It clearly states the differences between the original Atkins '72 and the "new" Atkins approach - and identifies why many of us prefer the '72:

Net Carbs on the Old & New Diets

The most alarming difference between Atkins’ '72 Diet Revolution and the New Atkins Diet is the amount of net carbs permitted during the phase one induction process. With Dr. Atkins’ original ('72) diet plan, low carb dieters cut their carb intake dramatically, eating less than 5 grams of TOTAL carbs a day in the induction phase. With today’s "New" Atkins Diet, inductees are allowed up to 22 grams of NET CARBS a day. (This new version allows the subtraction of all fiber carbs)

Considering that the average American consumes at least 40 grams of carbs a meal – and easily over 150 grams of carbs a day — even 22 grams is a dramatic shift from what most people are used to. And it isn’t as though the New Atkins Diet adds these extra carbs alla starches or sweets — all of the extra carbs come from salads and vegetables. In this way, these added carbs a “good carbs”...

But what would the late Dr. Atkins say?

After all, his original diet called for a total detox off all carbs. The idea behind this was to throw the body into ketosis. You’ll note, however, that in none of the new Atkins literature will you find mention of ketosis. Most likely this is because of the dis-information that the health community has propagated regarding ketosis, likening it to the diabetic condition known as ketoacidosis. Clearly, the Atkins company is avoiding the k-word. In addition, cutting carbs abruptly down to below 5 grams a day can take some getting used to, and sometimes dieters feel a bit sluggish while their bodies realign metabolically.

5g vs. 22g - what is the difference?

The biggest difference, then, between these two iterations of the Atkins Diet is how much weight you will lose in the induction phase. Chances are, a 20+ gram net carb daily diet will NOT get most people into ketosis — and even the lucky ones who do will only experience it very lightly. This means that, after the diuretic and laxative benefits of the induction phase are over — about 2 or 3 days into the diet — weight loss will be steady , but slower than that of the weight loss on the '72 Diet Revolution version.

In a sense, Dr. Atkins wouldn’t really mind a slower weight loss, since his diet was never supposed to be about losing weight fast. Instead, it was about losing weight without being hungry. However, it remains to be seen if a low carb dieter is really going to be less hungry on a 20 gram net carb induction, versus a 5 gram total carb induction. Since eating more carbohydrates contributes to funky blood sugar, which in turn stimulates hunger - it seems natural that one should choose the lowest amount of carbs to ensure the no-hunger experience.

This is why the purist '72 Atkins Diet Revolution still has traction among low carb dieters.

-----------------------

I agree with the points made in this statement. I tried the "new" Atkins for a month and never lost - only gained a lb. I guess I never really went into ketosis. But after I started the '72 induction, my weight loss became evident within the first week! And I have been losing steadily since then!

I still basically follow the induction, but I have found (after 2 weeks of pure induction) that I can add in a couple tablespoons more cream for my morning coffee without any detrimental effects. I also enjoy the addition of a small amount of tomato every once in a blue moon (on a salad, or in a recipe) but no more than 2-3 Tbl chopped 'mater at a time, just to be on the safe side. It has never seemed to make a difference. I also enjoy the addition of extra fat because I try to keep my protein levels to no more than 90g a day (60-70g is my actual goal), and the addition of cream cheese in the form of a slice of low carb cheesecake seems to do the trick. It adds about 300 calories of good fat each day and keeps my hunger away. The addition of 2 oz. of cream cheese has not seemed to hinder my weight loss at all.

I still test with keto sticks every now and then and they are always dark purple, so I know my ketosis is strong. I know that some people say they are unreliable, but they have always been trustworthy for me. I just like the fact that I can see purple. It soothes my soul.

I am becoming so used to eating the '72 Atkins way that it is just natural for me now. I don't crave sweets at all - nor carby snacks or other foods. I am perfectly happy with the varieties of foods I eat, and I just love my tuna salads, which I eat regularly, at least 3 times a week. And I do not miss veggies. I never really liked them in the first place.

I am so happy to have started the '72 Atkins. I wonder what I will look like one year from now?...
Old 05-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/185.6/125?
Start Date: March 2, 2014
PauletticusJ, thank you so much for posting that! That puts my very slow weight loss on The New Atkins Made Easy plan into perspective and makes me feel like '72 will work much better for me!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the info Pauletticus!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Today is my birthday, and I just celebrated by eating 2 8oz beef tenderloins for breakfast! LOL don't judge me, I have hours of gardening to do and needed fuel!! Actually though, I've eaten them since Friday. I can't help it! They are so delicious! I have a sugar/carb/salt free rub that I use with just a little EVOO to marinate for 1/2 hour as the filets come to room temp. Then pan sear for 3 minutes on high, turn, and put the cast iron skillet in the oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, take out and let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying. They came out a perfect medium-rare each time!

I will be sad when I have to return to the restrictions of HCG. I bought 6 lbs of the tenderloin and tonight I will eat the last 2 steaks. Oh, how my body missed protein.

I'm not a huge veggie eater, either - which is what attracted me to Atkins '72 in the first place when I first did it 15 years ago. I lost rapidly - 19 lbs in my first 2 weeks - going from 246 to 227. I didn't stick with it though. That is my problem, unfortunately. I lose weight wonderfully when dieting. It's the lifelong maintenance that I have struggled with. But not any more. I kicked carbs out of the house months ago when DH was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. And they will NEVER be allowed back in!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /152 / 138 - 143
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
LilacBruze
Old 05-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #77

Happy Birthday Lilac Bruze!!! Those steaks sound amazing I too have always had problems "sticking" the weight loss. This time around I've decided I'm not dieting, but eating this way to live. Believe me though, the temptation of hhcg is always in my mind.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
I found an article online which I found motivational, so I just wanted to post an edited excerpt from it for your reading pleasure. It clearly states the differences between the original Atkins '72 and the "new" Atkins approach - and identifies why many of us prefer the '72:

Net Carbs on the Old & New Diets

The most alarming difference between Atkins’ '72 Diet Revolution and the New Atkins Diet is the amount of net carbs permitted during the phase one induction process. With Dr. Atkins’ original ('72) diet plan, low carb dieters cut their carb intake dramatically, eating less than 5 grams of TOTAL carbs a day in the induction phase. With today’s "New" Atkins Diet, inductees are allowed up to 22 grams of NET CARBS a day. (This new version allows the subtraction of all fiber carbs)

Considering that the average American consumes at least 40 grams of carbs a meal – and easily over 150 grams of carbs a day — even 22 grams is a dramatic shift from what most people are used to. And it isn’t as though the New Atkins Diet adds these extra carbs alla starches or sweets — all of the extra carbs come from salads and vegetables. In this way, these added carbs a “good carbs”...

But what would the late Dr. Atkins say?

After all, his original diet called for a total detox off all carbs. The idea behind this was to throw the body into ketosis. You’ll note, however, that in none of the new Atkins literature will you find mention of ketosis. Most likely this is because of the dis-information that the health community has propagated regarding ketosis, likening it to the diabetic condition known as ketoacidosis. Clearly, the Atkins company is avoiding the k-word. In addition, cutting carbs abruptly down to below 5 grams a day can take some getting used to, and sometimes dieters feel a bit sluggish while their bodies realign metabolically.

5g vs. 22g - what is the difference?

The biggest difference, then, between these two iterations of the Atkins Diet is how much weight you will lose in the induction phase. Chances are, a 20+ gram net carb daily diet will NOT get most people into ketosis — and even the lucky ones who do will only experience it very lightly. This means that, after the diuretic and laxative benefits of the induction phase are over — about 2 or 3 days into the diet — weight loss will be steady , but slower than that of the weight loss on the '72 Diet Revolution version.

In a sense, Dr. Atkins wouldn’t really mind a slower weight loss, since his diet was never supposed to be about losing weight fast. Instead, it was about losing weight without being hungry. However, it remains to be seen if a low carb dieter is really going to be less hungry on a 20 gram net carb induction, versus a 5 gram total carb induction. Since eating more carbohydrates contributes to funky blood sugar, which in turn stimulates hunger - it seems natural that one should choose the lowest amount of carbs to ensure the no-hunger experience.

This is why the purist '72 Atkins Diet Revolution still has traction among low carb dieters.

-----------------------

I agree with the points made in this statement. I tried the "new" Atkins for a month and never lost - only gained a lb. I guess I never really went into ketosis. But after I started the '72 induction, my weight loss became evident within the first week! And I have been losing steadily since then!

I still basically follow the induction, but I have found (after 2 weeks of pure induction) that I can add in a couple tablespoons more cream for my morning coffee without any detrimental effects. I also enjoy the addition of a small amount of tomato every once in a blue moon (on a salad, or in a recipe) but no more than 2-3 Tbl chopped 'mater at a time, just to be on the safe side. It has never seemed to make a difference. I also enjoy the addition of extra fat because I try to keep my protein levels to no more than 90g a day (60-70g is my actual goal), and the addition of cream cheese in the form of a slice of low carb cheesecake seems to do the trick. It adds about 300 calories of good fat each day and keeps my hunger away. The addition of 2 oz. of cream cheese has not seemed to hinder my weight loss at all.

I still test with keto sticks every now and then and they are always dark purple, so I know my ketosis is strong. I know that some people say they are unreliable, but they have always been trustworthy for me. I just like the fact that I can see purple. It soothes my soul.

I am becoming so used to eating the '72 Atkins way that it is just natural for me now. I don't crave sweets at all - nor carby snacks or other foods. I am perfectly happy with the varieties of foods I eat, and I just love my tuna salads, which I eat regularly, at least 3 times a week. And I do not miss veggies. I never really liked them in the first place.

I am so happy to have started the '72 Atkins. I wonder what I will look like one year from now?...

This gives me a lot to think about.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
Hello to everyone, I've been lurking here on the '72 board for a few days. I'm currently doing HCG but I had what is called a Planned Interruption for my birthday. I've been doing my best to keep it as close to Atkins '72 as possible since I needed to replenish my protein and fats but needed to minimize gains. So I've peeped a thread or two to help keep me focused, and to what I see going on here!

Berta... if I may... since we've shared posting on threads in the HCG forum... and since as an outsider, I think I see where the problem is...

Atkins '72 is the purest form of low carb living. It is also the best for yielding weight loss results. Now, I understand that it is a bit restrictive - although NOWHERE nearly as restrictive as the HCG protocol, that's for sure - and I understand that it is not for everyone. No one is forcing you to adhere to Atkins '72. But it is an Atkins '72 sub-forum of LCF. It's not the Atkins Induction sub-forum, where you can be on any form of Atkins Induction that you want to be on. It's not the Atkins Nutritional Approach sub-forum, where you can also be on any form of Atkins plan that you want to be on. It is SPECIFICALLY for Atkin's '72. You can probably imagine that the majority of people who are there want to practice Atkins '72. To them, this is sort of like their sacred space, ya know? Where they should feel safe and comfortable discussing THEIR preferred WOE with like-minded people.

Imagine say... belonging to a knitting group. You enjoy your time in the group surrounded by like-minded people who love to knit. You have lots of fun and learn a lot of things while discussing knitting. Knitting is what brings you all together... and then someone comes along who chooses to crochet instead. They want to be a part of the group, but have no interest in knitting. They just want to crochet. Now, there is a crochet group right there in the next room... but the person who crochets wants to be in the knitting group. They feel like, "Hey, I'm using a needle with the yarn, same as the knitters, what's the big deal?" The knitters may be warm and friendly in the beginning, but they will reach a point where the person who refuses to knit just makes them flat-out uncomfortable. Now say that the person who crochets decides to invite some of their crochet friends over to the knitting group and the tension becomes even greater. Meanwhile, that crochet group is right next door, and they have plenty of room...

Me myself, this was just a weekend lurk for me and no big deal. But I can say with honesty that if it had been more, the lack of focus on a thread for a supposed sub-forum would turn me off quicker than any resulting drama from people with different points of view. I would definitely be confused as to all the talk about non-'72 foods. I would have to back out just to make sure that I was indeed in the Atkins '72 sub-forum, and then I would be confused some more as to why so many posts have nothing to do with Atkins '72 were in it. If I were new to the whole thing, I would also be terribly confused as to how to do it PROPERLY without tweaking or eating non-allowed foods, especially so early on in my journey.

People new to the diet need all the help that they can get. It's helpful to give them advice and tips for the particular WOE. It's sort of sabotaging to them to post conflicting information that goes against the WOE they are thinking of undertaking. They might be coming to the knitting group armed with new pairs of knitting needles and ready to knit, and should not be convinced to put them down and pick up a crochet hook instead - especially if they haven't even given knitting a fair try before they decide to give it up in favor of crocheting.

Respect and support are two way streets. Just like you expect others to respect your preferred WOE, you should also respect others. Please consider either ascribing to Atkins '72 (which works wonderfully since it is as Dr. Atkins originally intended the diet before it became commercial and about profit) or posting somewhere more appropriate for your preferred WOE.

I know you've struggled in your last 3 week P2 round of HCG, and I know you're struggling now. I hope you find the groove that works for you, everyone should be able to set their goals and have all the help and support in accomplishing those goals. But I do mean everyone. I hate to see a board that I belong to so up in arms, especially when the issue that is causing the strife can so easily be rectified.

By the way, I neither knit not crochet as I am not terribly skilled in such crafts requiring patience, lol. It was just the first comparison that came to mind.

Great analogies.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

I keep looking for a "like" button like the one on Facebook LOL

I just bought 2 lbs of strawberries, because they looked so good And an avocado.

Last edited by Lauri; 05-05-2014 at 11:53 AM..
Old 05-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
Out of curiosity, is parmesan considered a hard cheese? Maybe not the kind that is already pre-shredded but the one that comes in a block?

For the ones that don't know me, Hi! Sorry for crashing the thread. I'm mainly just lurking on this board. I started reading the "72 guidelines and realized that when I'm sticking to my modified plan, I'm basically doing the '72 version with the exception of some of the veggies I eat. When I feel like eating veggies, I rotate between cucumbers, cauliflower, and cabbage and they're always eaten no later than lunchtime.
On Atkins 72, vegetables were allowed in small quantities. I have the book for it. So basically you are on Atkins 72. I usually go to the NK board, but it also is almost the same thing.
Carolyn
Old 05-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everyone! I didn't really say that to toot my own horn... well except maybe to brag about my beautiful tenderloins!!

PauletticusJ - that was a great excerpt that you shared and makes SO much sense! By the way, I have never had issues with keto sticks. I enter ketosis within 48 of no carbs and I get and stay dark purple as long as I have no carbs. TMI - I get REALLY proud of that dark purple and tend to like to show it off, waggling the keto stick in front of my husband's face and getting a gruff, "Get that used pee stick away from me!"
Old 05-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
Oh wow, some long reading here to catch up on later! So just a quick Hi!
And Happy Birthday Lilac! Pretty tattoo!
:-)
Old 05-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Look! I made salad! LOL!

Had to share this:
Hahahahahahahahaha!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1557690_10152070985791378_2929106757804169053_n.jpeg (43.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, now that's my kind of salad. LOL.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

NEW DISCOVERY
Well, for me anyway. My supermarket was out of Silk Original Almond Unsweetened at 1 carb per cup so decided to try their "new" Silk Almond/Coconut Blend unsweetened and it's <1 carb per cup. If anyone uses Almond Milk, this blend is even better. OMG, it tastes so good. I was having trouble with the Almond Milk cause it does taste very almondy (if that's a word). Anyway, I don't know if the coconut kind of neutralizes the almond taste but it's just devine. I really don't taste coconut at all. It just seems to mellow out the almond taste. It really is good. Any coffee drinkers looking for a delicious way to reduce the calories of hwc should give this a try. I recommend it 100%. Thank you Mthergoos for getting me off the hwc. I now have my hwc and Almond/Coco down to a 80/20 split mix, next week maybe 100% Almond/Coco blend.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Bonny! I'll have to look for that one!
Old 05-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

I can't drink almond or soy, what can I use to cut the hwc? That tastes good. It was hard enough cutting out my coffeemate and natural cane sugar.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Glidergirl, have you checked just regular coconut milk? I don't know what the carb count is, but you might look and see. Or my BF uses the sugar free flavored creamers. They're low in carbs.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
I made it my first day back on plan. I am very proud of myself because it was VERY hard as I had a stressful day and just wanted to medicate with food.
Closed Thread