Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #31
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerickson View Post
I will be joining everyone on '72 on Monday! I am currently low carbing but with my extremely slow losses, I am going to jump on board to see if this will get me moving along a little better. I know this is not a sprint to the finish, but I think if I go down to the basics I might discover something in my foods list that was holding me back. I think getting rid of the cream cheese and cottage cheese will be the worst for me, since I don't like any other cheese. Thanks Just Jo for inviting me over and MtherGoos for answering some questions that I had.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Paleoguy, I'm home now, thank you for asking! Had to buy new jeans when I got home, and they were a size 3/4, so I was very excited about that! I have to say, for me,Atkins 72 has truly given me a new life!
Old 05-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/273/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
I posted this the other day, but accidentally in the wrong area! So I am posting this again for al of you:

I have not looked at this thread for a couple days - noticed a new one just started! But I was meaning to post my Low Carb Orange Cream Cheesecake recipe for those who cared. I can't remember where I found it on the web, but it really is delicious and it makes a GREAT food to use when on a fat fast:

LOW CARB ORANGE CREAM CHEESECAKE 

1 box sugar free orange Jello
1/2 cup boiling water 

1 cup heavy cream 

16 ounces cream cheese, softened

In a small bowl, dissolve the Jello in the boiling water, stirring 1 min or 2. In a small bowl, whip the cream until stiff. In a medium bowl, using the same beaters used for the cream, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add tiny bits of the still liquid Jello to the cream cheese, beating well after each addition. If you add the liquid too quickly, you'll end up with a curdled mess. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Spread the mixture in a 10-inch glass pie plate; chill till set, several hours.
Makes 8 servings 
Do not freeze
Per Serving: 304 Calories; 31g Fat; 6g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber

The carbs can be reduced a bit if you are careful to use heavy cream with NO ADDED CARAGGENAN (a thickener they add to cream for some stupid reason). Some times it is hard to find cream without Carageenan, but I do see it every now and then.

I am going to make one tomorrow using unflavored gelatin and adding vanilla and a couple drops of maple extract for a rich, Maple Vanilla Cheesecake.

I really like this recipe, and just one piece is so filling and satisfying. It helps me keep my fat % up so I don't have to eat so much protein. Many times I just eat a piece of this for lunch. This time, I am going to divide the mixture into 8 little containers so it is easier to just grab a portion without trying to scoop it out of the pie pan. (Because there is no crust and it is thick and creamy, you kind of have to scoop your portion on to a plate).

I hope some of you try this!
Old 05-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

It's biological zero, not a true zero. Two different things. Eggs, cheese, and processed meats wouldn't be allowed if it was a true zero.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:02 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Hi everyone,

MG: 3/4!!!! You must be on cloud 9! That is a huge achievement! Congratulations on all of your hard work.

Just Jo, thank you for being such a great cheerleader.

I am finding that I have to keep things really simple and clean.

Things I'm learning this week.

1 ounce of pork rinds = 1 pound gain. Don't know why I'm so sensitive.

Calories need to be under 1200 to maintain. Have to figure out where I lose now that I'm this weight.

HWC has to be measured or my 1TBS is much more.

If I eat too much protein, more than 4 oz, I am hungrier afterwards than if I eat 3oz. Must be too much for me.

I could cheese endlessly if I don't weigh it first. Same with nuts, the ounce has to be measured. I eat brazil nuts for selenium but won't replace them.

Lettuce and celery keep me sane. If I can have those and a bit of red onion I can get by.

I'm going to try eating more fish this week to try to jump start my last 10 pounds.

I do so much better preparing my three meals myself.

Ketosis has me drinking more water. Yay!

So those are my midnight musings. Nitey nite everyone.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:02 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
It's another day to be successful in this WOE!!

Good Sunday Morning, Everybody!

CP Guy -- Dude, you can call me JJ, or J, but just call me!!
Hmmmm 'ritas!! Yep I'd say those are probably s l o w i n g down the scales... not only the alcohol (that usually metabolizes like carbs) but also the 'rita mix that's loaded with sugar...

jerickson -- Hey girl, glad you found us and to our A '72 WOE party!!!

MtherGoos -- OMG congrats on the 3/4 jeans.

That's what I am wearing now too -- except I haven't bought any yet, I just had the DH put a couple more notches in my belt... You know you're belt's too tight when you left butt cheek goes numb... just saying...

And AMEN sister about the A '72 being a life changer!!! Hallelujah!!!

Bonny -- I sent you a pm...I agree about Berta maybe needing to find a thread or create one for people following A '92 -- all I know is A '72 and it works like a charm!!!

Paulette -- Glad you found us... I posted that recipe on here after you posted it on another thread ... cause it looked so good...

Last10 -- 1oz pork rinds = 1 lb? I find if I over do them, I retain water... so maybe that's it?? I'm with you there on the cheese and nuts -- I have portion control issues so I don't do either... at least I know my demons.

Sounds like you have an awesome plan to lose your last 10. I'm over here cheering you on!!

Hope you all have a super Sunday!

Jo =]

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”

Last edited by Just Jo; 05-04-2014 at 02:10 AM..
Old 05-04-2014, 06:29 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

I started spraying liberally with liquid magnesium at bedtime in the last week. I read that it was good for leg cramps, which I get in ketosis. Also good for pooping and sleeping. Thankfully not at the same time. ��. I havent gotten any cramps this week and the other two are improved.

I've been perplexed about why I haven't been dropping a hit of weight given low carb/calories.

This morning I read a review of the spray and a person commented that they only use it every other night because of the salt buildup. DUH! I get a film of salt on my skin and no clue how much I absorb!

Maybe it's not the pork rinds after all. Anyone have spray magnesium experience? I'm going back to pills unless I have a leg cramp!

I am jealous of both MG and JJ in size 3/4! How jealous I am will be determined by how hard I work to get from 8 to 4. Truthfully I will be thrilled beyond measure with 6. I have a couple skinny 6's that I can squeeze into but I want to really be there. I don't want to short change myself and not finish the job.

I too have never followed any other Atkins plan over the years. I remember when '72 was published. This one is easiest for me. Helps keep me honest.

Last edited by Last10; 05-04-2014 at 06:34 AM..
Old 05-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/182/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Hi all!!
Got on the scale this morning and weighed.......wait for it......wait for it.....204.8!!!! lol!! dang it, I thought I was out of my slump!!! oh, well, just keep swimming.....just keep swimming!!!
Old 05-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle, It happens, don't let it throw you! Every time I hit a new low, I'll bounce back up and down for a while before settling on a new low. Be patient and consistent and it will go back down... and take even more with it!
Old 05-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
I posted this the other day, but accidentally in the wrong area! So I am posting this again for al of you:

I have not looked at this thread for a couple days - noticed a new one just started! But I was meaning to post my Low Carb Orange Cream Cheesecake recipe for those who cared. I can't remember where I found it on the web, but it really is delicious and it makes a GREAT food to use when on a fat fast:

LOW CARB ORANGE CREAM CHEESECAKE 

1 box sugar free orange Jello
1/2 cup boiling water 

1 cup heavy cream 

16 ounces cream cheese, softened

In a small bowl, dissolve the Jello in the boiling water, stirring 1 min or 2. In a small bowl, whip the cream until stiff. In a medium bowl, using the same beaters used for the cream, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add tiny bits of the still liquid Jello to the cream cheese, beating well after each addition. If you add the liquid too quickly, you'll end up with a curdled mess. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Spread the mixture in a 10-inch glass pie plate; chill till set, several hours.
Makes 8 servings 
Do not freeze
Per Serving: 304 Calories; 31g Fat; 6g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber

The carbs can be reduced a bit if you are careful to use heavy cream with NO ADDED CARAGGENAN (a thickener they add to cream for some stupid reason). Some times it is hard to find cream without Carageenan, but I do see it every now and then.

I am going to make one tomorrow using unflavored gelatin and adding vanilla and a couple drops of maple extract for a rich, Maple Vanilla Cheesecake.

I really like this recipe, and just one piece is so filling and satisfying. It helps me keep my fat % up so I don't have to eat so much protein. Many times I just eat a piece of this for lunch. This time, I am going to divide the mixture into 8 little containers so it is easier to just grab a portion without trying to scoop it out of the pie pan. (Because there is no crust and it is thick and creamy, you kind of have to scoop your portion on to a plate).

I hope some of you try this!
Sounds yummy. It would be a total trigger food for me. Creamy foods are my comfort foods. If I could make a single serving, it would be perfect other wise I'll eat the whole damn thing at once.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday. I read through the back and forth of earlier today (I think) and got a lot out of it. I'm guilty of following "A72 except for ______" too. It was a good reminder to tighten in the reigns.

I'm am very confused by the fact that my sugar cookie bender of Friday night didn't throw me out of ketosis. I've only been on plan for a month so wouldn't think I'd be that set. I expected cravings and hunger the next day, but that just didn't happen. I'm not hungry and I feel great. Any thoughts on why this might be? The cookies were gluten free, but certainly not sugar or carb free.

I cooked up a large pork shoulder roast to nibble on for however long it lasts me. Having precooked, safe foods handy at all times is such a help.

I got too cocky about my oopsie rolls turning out so great and not sticking to the foil I use and ended up making a runny, stuck on batch so broke down and bought parchment paper. Haven't made rolls yet, but did use it to make some cheese crackers in the microwave which were just as yummy as everyone said they would be.

That's about it. No weight changes to report because I'm staying of the scale. I'm off to a family get together where I will be grilled on my food and diet choices. Yeah me!
Old 05-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Dlaney, people in our lives who don't understand this way of eating can be REALLY judgmental because they don't understand it. Just stick to your guns, and don't let them throw you off track. The longer you're on plan, the more that they will see the evidence for themselves of how well this works.

You're right, prepping is the key! I spend one day each week getting all our foods ready for the week so that there is never any reason to eat anything that isn't on plan. Do as much as you can.... grate cheese, boil eggs, precook meats, etc..... so that you never have a reason to "cheat".

No idea why the cookies didn't throw you out of ketosis, but I would count as a blessing and try not to let it happen again. LOL I doubt I would be so lucky if I did that! You're doing an amazing job, so stay on plan and keep making great choices!
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
Old 05-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lauri
Stats: pant size: 12/loose 10/6
Start Date: 04/10/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Welcome Lauri! Nice to have you join us!
Thanks! I don't know how much I currently weigh, but 2 weeks ago I was weighed at an appointment and weighed 153. I re-started Atkins 72 on April 10. I don't know what I weighed, but I was in a pretty snug size 12 jeans. I am now wearing a fairly loose 10. I can pull an 8 up and fasten them, but they are way too tight.
My exercise is a bike in my basement and I'm currently in physical therapy for knee/IT band issues.
I'm 54 and I live in WY with my hubby of almost 34 years. We have 2 sons in their 20s.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, you're off to a great start! Less than a month and you've gone down almost 2 pants sizes! Awesome!!
Old 05-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lauri
Stats: pant size: 12/loose 10/6
Start Date: 04/10/14
Quote:
Wow, you're off to a great start! Less than a month and you've gone down almost 2 pants sizes! Awesome!!
Thank you! Your progression is amazing and very inspirational!! Oh and I'm 5'2"
Old 05-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

I just have to tell everyone about my newest victory - for the first time in many years, my 60" measuring tape finally can close around my hips!!!!! With a 1/2 inch to spare!!!!!

It has taken me 3 months, but finally, I am starting to see a change in my appearance. I had taken a new photo and put it side-by-side for comparison. I want to attach it to this blog, but I don't know how to attach an image. When I click the Insert Image button, it asks for an URL. ??? Is there a way to just attach an image? Oh well...

I started Atkins (new version) on Feb. 2, 2014, but lost nothing the first month. So I officially started Atkins '72 on March 3rd (If I remember correctly). I started losing weight immediately on the '72 version. So, actually, I have lost my 25 lbs in only 2 months!

If someone can teach me how to add an attachment, I will show you my side-by-side photo. I am very proud of it!
Old 05-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /148 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
I Is there a way to just attach an image?
If someone can teach me how to add an attachment, I will show you my side-by-side photo. I am very proud of it!
Here ya go.

Reply to Thread or quote and:

1. Scroll down to "Attach Files"
2. Click on "Manage Attachments"
3. "Choose File" that will take you to your computer where you
can upload a jpg.
4. Pick your picture and click on "Upload File" and you're done.
Remember to "Submit Reply" and it should load.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Here ya go.

Reply to Thread or quote and:

1. Scroll down to "Attach Files"
2. Click on "Manage Attachments"
3. "Choose File" that will take you to your computer where you
can upload a jpg.
4. Pick your picture and click on "Upload File" and you're done.
Remember to "Submit Reply" and it should load.
Thank you Bonny-Jean! I was just using quick reply which did not give me all the extras.

Here is a photo of me, at the start of my Atkins journey, and now. 25 lbs lighter, and actually fiting into a pair of pants I had not worn for over 8 years!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 and a half month loss.jpg (96.1 KB, 50 views)
Old 05-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
That is great Pauletticus!! It's amazing how quickly our appearance can change.

I am back....again. April was a complete bust for me. My schedule of stressful activities is now over(my DD graduated, we homeschool so guess who got to plan the graduation ceremony? That's right, ME!) I can now get back to focusing on my health. We have a trip to the beach planned in June, and I just booked a cruise for DH and myself in November for our 22 anniversary. I have GOT to get back on track. I want to be well under 200 for the cruise.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you Bonny-Jean! I was just using quick reply which did not give me all the extras.

Here is a photo of me, at the start of my Atkins journey, and now. 25 lbs lighter, and actually fiting into a pair of pants I had not worn for over 8 years!

Hubba Hubba! What great progress. I bet it feels wonderful.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post

About being grilled about your WOE, I read a thread once and we discussed how to handle just that... don't say "I can't eat that." Say instead "oh that looks yummy, I'll try some in a little while." It works like a charm.
Good luck with you family!

Thats a great idea. I have given thought to telling people I am celiac and diabetic just as a way to avoid having to explain my diet. Tonight turned out good though. My aunt had cheese, turkey and nitrite free salami for me. The little waif sitting next to me and eating her weight in this beautiful fruit salad was driving me a little nuts though.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Dlaney, people in our lives who don't understand this way of eating can be REALLY judgmental because they don't understand it. Just stick to your guns, and don't let them throw you off track. The longer you're on plan, the more that they will see the evidence for themselves of how well this works.

You're right, prepping is the key! I spend one day each week getting all our foods ready for the week so that there is never any reason to eat anything that isn't on plan. Do as much as you can.... grate cheese, boil eggs, precook meats, etc..... so that you never have a reason to "cheat".

No idea why the cookies didn't throw you out of ketosis, but I would count as a blessing and try not to let it happen again. LOL I doubt I would be so lucky if I did that! You're doing an amazing job, so stay on plan and keep making great choices!

Yeah, I think surviving the "cookie incident" was probably my one free pass.

I have a question for you and JJ. How much experimenting did you have to do at the start to figure out how to make this diet work for you. I know you both do A72, but your diets don't look the same. One eats mostly protein, the other mostly fat and there are the same differences with veggies. When did you discover that you can't eat veggies at all and lose weight? Like a lot of people here I feel frustrated that things are working as fast as I want and am tempted to make changes (within the A72 framework), but it seems that it may make more sense to stick with doing it a certain way for a few weeks before determining if that way works or not. Is that what you did?
Old 05-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
Well I ordered my Atkins '72 book today but it won't be here til sometime between the 8 and the 14. Just going to stick to Meat, eggs, cheese, and fat until it shows up and I can read it. Wish me luck! Lisa
Old 05-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Apples and tomatoes are not allowed on this way of eating.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:03 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Eeeww poor baby! LOL. Now if that doesn't keep you LC, I don't know what will. Nice to have you join us!!

Why thank you!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:13 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Brilliant! You look terrific. Be proud girl, then go out and keep doing whatver is working so well for you!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Hey gang, I started coming here for Atkins '72 support. I'm starting to get confused. Are we trying to be as close to the book as possible?

I suffer from wanting what everyone else has. I'm looking for a place where others are eating close to me. When I see mention of off plan foods, my eyes get wide and in a minute I'm wondering if I can do it to.

I really need to keep this simple if im going to hit my goals. Id rather not be distracted if possible. Is it wrong for me wanting this to be a safe clean eating place? Thanks for listening.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:18 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Can this not just be a 72 Thread, I was going to join in the next few days, but if its not really 72 there doesn't seem to be much point.....I enjoyed reading all the pages learning about 72 but now it seems to be all over the place....any chance we can keep it to 72.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:05 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

First 10 months of a NEW Me:

Today is exactly 10 months from the day I started this new journey, here are the results (A '72 rocks!!!!):

5-Jul 250 Start
5-Aug 215 -35 -35
5-Sep 200 -15 -50
5-Oct 185 -15 -65
5-Nov 170 -15 -80
5-Dec 160 -10 -90
5-Jan 149 -11 -101
5-Feb 140 -9 -110
5-Mar 133 -7 -117
5-Apr 127 -6 -123
5-May 124 -3 -126

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-05-2014, 03:59 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

I really made a boo-boo
I meant to congratulate Pauletticus about her before and after picture and instead I said it to Bonny. SORRY Paulette!!!!!

I sincerely meant to congratulate you!!!

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Closed Thread