Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
OK I am fed up of yo-yoing weight loss. Need to get serious and get to my goal weight once and for all. I tried 72 Atkins a while back and lost the 5 lbs that I had gained over the holidays, then slacked off a bit, but maintained until this week-end. Last week I was sick with a cold and had tea with honey, and cookies my granddaughter made. Baptism yesterday. Today re-started Atkins 72, just bacon this morning, coffee with 15% whipping cream, I know it should be 35% but was blind as a bat without my glasses. Will have 2 eggs with mayo for lunch and some kind of meat grilled for supper. Will whip up some cream for dessert and snacks to up my fat and calories. Will also limit my cheese intake as I can overdo on this.

Will try, NO will do this for at least two weeks and then eventually will add some lettuce with lunch and suppers after that. I believe this is the way Mthrgoose and Jo eat. If they had such success, Congratulations!! Why would it not work for me. Will give you progress
Romy, if I can do this -- any one can.

I know one of the keys to my success was I never cheated except for the "Thanksgiving Fiasco of 2013"... gave myself permission of 3 days to binge eat (full blown pig out) those toxic, poisonous, insidious killer carbs -- gained 9 lbs, took me 6 days to lose them -- LESSON LEARNED!! I haven't cheated before that or since.

Wishing you heartfelt success as your continue your LC WOE journey!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac13 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Normal Daily Meals:

Breakfast-2 egg omelet with 1 mushroom and half a green onion(0.5 carbs for mush and onion), 0.3 oz of cheese on top(mine says no carbs in it) made with 1-2 tbsp of butter and 2 pieces of bacon(says 1 carb per 2 pieces).
Snack-protein shake(1 carb) made with almond milk.
Lunch-2 cups of romaine lettuce(1.5 carbs) with 2 tbsp of caeser dressing(mine says no carbs and it is high in fat), 1 5-8oz piece of chicken breast with regular mayo and parm cheese on top(mine says no carbs) OR one can of tuna(no carbs).
Snack-2 hard boiled eggs made into egg salad with regular mayo.
Dinner-1 5-8oz piece of meat(beef, chicken, pork)-usually cooked in butter(sometimes bbqd), with spices. 1 cup of veggie-brussels sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli.(all say between 2.3-3.8 grams of carbs).
bmac13!! Your menu as stated by someone before me, is not A '72 -- looks more like a way newer version then our purist version.

Try this link for the A '72 Induction foods -- if you stick to what's on the list of acceptable foods, you'll be successful!

1972 Atkin's plan by the book

On A '72 our goal is closer to biologically zero carbs on Induction. The most important thing is A '72 is not about kcals it's about carbs with the understanding that low carbs makes us less hungry = less kcals we will eat. It's the "appetite suppressant" effect of being in ketosis that's really remarkable when you go ultra-low to low carb.

Wishing you success on your LC WOE journey!
Old 05-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
.....We had our cookout at lunch and it was a nice meat fest. I had the beef brisket, smoked chicken, a couple of chicken wings, and I brought deviled eggs. We had a great time, but I had to leave because they were breaking out the homemade ice cream and I am just not at the point where I can watch.
Good job on resisting the ice cream -- I do that too even now, I'll leave if there's something that will trigger a crappy carb-y food craving... (say that 3x fast, I dare you!!)
Old 05-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquala View Post
Hi everyone - just checking in. Congrats to all you losers! Hope to join your club soon. I'm still stuck at 170 (three weeks now, after initially losing 5 lbs water).

I decided to mess around with macros ala NK, and I'm upping my fat a bit, to 75%, or so it says on my m-blank f-blank pal app, which I love because it shows me my percentages for the day. It had been lower than that, so we'll see. Trying to keep calories at ~1400 - 1450. Carbs are around 15 per day, or about 5%, and the rest is protein.

I ordered at Ketonix breath meter, because I'm really ready to be a loser.

Made a fat bomb for the first time on Saturday. Melted 3 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp CO, and added a bit of cocoa powder and equal. Mixed it up and scarfed it down - the whole thing. I really miss chocolate!! Made me nauseous for hours afterwards, though - so I learned my lesson. Maybe next time it will even make it to the freezer.
A '72ers don't worry overmuch (AT ALL) about ratio percentages for the energy nutrients. I never have, don't think Mther Goos has either. The key to success on A '72 is to follow the plan as written... it works... really truly works!
Old 05-26-2014, 07:03 PM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
bmac13- I reread my post to you and I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. Not my intention. Labels can be deceiving because if something has .4 carbs per serving they are allowed to out o carbs. I guess that parmasean cheese would be considered a hard cheese, but it still has some carbs in it. I get so irritated at labels that say 0 carbs when I know it has some! Atkins '72 really is easier to follow. No counting calories or carbs as long as you are sticking to meat, eggs, cheese, fats.

Just Jo- I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had to leave a party. I have been a previous low carber and with time I could be around all that carbage and not be affected. I will be glad to be back there again. I know it can happen if I just white knuckle thru it.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.

Last edited by cfine; 05-26-2014 at 07:05 PM..
Old 05-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/174.5/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Start Date: May 12, 2014
I have read and re-read the '72 list of acceptable foods and it says meat, eggs, fat, small amount of cheese and up to 2 cups of leafy greens a day. I'm confused as to what, besides the veggie I was having for dinner, does not fall into that category....can someone help with me that please? As of tonight, no veggie with my protein, just deviled eggs. But otherwise, what should I cut out to be true '72? I am really asking for specifics here because I eat almost the exact same thing daily, so I want to know what I can cut out....also, what brand of bacon can anyone recommend? I am having trouble finding many that do not list sugar on the ingredient list. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Wow, it has been a couple days since I posted and there sure is a lot of traffic going on! I have been holding steady on my weight and I sure hope to see a change soon. I have been drinking a ton of water, I even feel kind of bloated, but I got my TOM the other day and I am sure that is causing retention.

Bmac13, you are right with the induction foods. Just up to 2 cups of leafy greens - loosely packed. It is not a lot. Celery and radishes are allowed with that, not above and beyond the 2 cups, though. I rarely eat one cup a day. Also, cream is limited to 4 teaspoons a day. Not tablespoons - teaspoons, so just a tad over an actual tablespoon. Cheese no more than 2-3 oz a day - an ounce of cheese is about the size of a slice of the processed slices. Hard cheeses only. Cheddar & parmesan are fine. Swiss has more carbs, so avoid it.

Eggs and meat/fish/poultry of all kinds. Seafoods are allowed but be careful of shellfish.

To answer an earlier question - cream cheese is not allowed on induction, but can be added back in in later weeks once your ketosis is established. I have allowed cream cheese into my diet because of the added fat, and it does not seem to bother me, but I eat no more than 2 oz at a time, and only have it about 3 times a week. Today was a good example - my boyfriend had leftover taco dip, made with cream cheese, with the shredded lettuce and shredded cheese on top. I measured out 2 ounces for myself, got rid of the tomato pieces, and ate that with some pork rinds. It is good to have a little treat like that once in a while. By the way, the taco dip was my dinner tonight. I ate it around 5pm. It is 9:24pm right now and I am still not hungry at all. The fat from the dip is very filling.

Well I am planning to get to bed now because I need to work in the am. I hope everyone out there had a great Atkins Memorial Day meal.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #518
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Quote:
....also, what brand of bacon can anyone recommend? I am having trouble finding many that do not list sugar on the ingredient list. Thanks for the help!
Almost forgot - I just get the cheap bacon at my store. The carbs are still low if you only eat a few slices. I never really worry about it. But I add in the carbs to my daily allotment. As long as I don't go over 10 total carbs a day I am fine. (I try to stay lower). I have bacon about once a week. Eggs and bacon do have carbs, so on days when I eat them, I rarely eat lettuce or celery.

I am really trying to limit my cream. I like it a lot, you know. I like 2 tablespoons in my cup of coffee. I have been trying to only have 1, and add Almond Milk to make up the lightness factor, but it just does not taste the same. Oh well, I suppose I will get used to it in time.

Also - I took a photo of my face and placed it alongside of an older one I took back in February. I am attaching it so everyone can see how much thinner my face looks!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Changing Face 52514.jpg (75.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 05-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Bmac, basically for your veggies, you want to stick to lettuce for a salad. Dr A allowed that during induction so that people could eat some veggies and not get too bored. For me, I don't eat the veggies at all. Some people have found, and Dr A even wrote about it, that even that little amount of veggies has stalled their losses. But, again, this is an individual journey, and you'll have to find what works for you. My best advice is really what Jo already said, stick to meat, eggs, and fats. Then, when you're losing, slowly add your veggies back in one at a time to see what your body can tolerate and still lose. You shouldn't need to even count your carbs if you're sticking to meat, eggs, cheese, and fats.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:13 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
I am really trying to limit my cream. I like it a lot, you know. I like 2 tablespoons in my cup of coffee. I have been trying to only have 1, and add Almond Milk to make up the lightness factor, but it just does not taste the same. Oh well, I suppose I will get used to it in time.

Also - I took a photo of my face and placed it alongside of an older one I took back in February. I am attaching it so everyone can see how much thinner my face looks!!!!!
I see I'm not the only one cutting back...I'm slowly weaning myself off the 1/2 & 1/2, I don't do HWC cause of the kcals (1 T = 20 vs. 52) and doing more Almond Milk Unsweetened.

Wow what a difference 3 months makes -- your before and after pictures are amazing!! Just think what will happen in another 3 months...
Old 05-27-2014, 04:17 AM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the advice ladies. New menu as of today.

Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in 2 tbsp of butter, 1 oz of cheese, 2 slices of bacon.
Lunch: 2 cups lettuce, 1 can tuna, caeser dressing-it literally says no carbs-am I being fooled by this?
Snack: 2 hard boiled eggs with 2 tbsp if mayo-egg salad.
Dinner: pork tenderloin tonight, will make with tons of butter and 2 eggs on the side.

Now, if I count these carbs up with including these hidden carbs in the eggs and cheese I get: 9 carbs...is that right? My bacon says 3 for two slices although there is not any type of sugar listed in the ingredients.

Also, this morning I was up 0.2# from yesterday, but I'm getting a large reading on the ketostix and yesterday was moderate.

Last edited by bmac13; 05-27-2014 at 04:18 AM..
Old 05-27-2014, 04:17 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

27 May 2014

Good Tuesday Morning Everybody!!

HUGE to all those that had losses today!
For those that didn't, remember the scales are EVIL!!

Today is day 13 with no weight loss. No, I'm not upset. Actually it could be a very very good thing -- does this mean I have found my maintenance threshold at 1400 kcals and <14 carbs daily? Wouldn't that be awesome??

You all have a wonderful day and keep being LOSERS!!

I'll probably pop in later in the day!! See ya!!

Jo =]
Old 05-27-2014, 04:48 AM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for the advice ladies. New menu as of today.

Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in 2 tbsp of butter, 1 oz of cheese, 2 slices of bacon.
Lunch: 2 cups lettuce, 1 can tuna, caeser dressing-it literally says no carbs-am I being fooled by this?
Snack: 2 hard boiled eggs with 2 tbsp if mayo-egg salad.
Dinner: pork tenderloin tonight, will make with tons of butter and 2 eggs on the side.

Now, if I count these carbs up with including these hidden carbs in the eggs and cheese I get: 9 carbs...is that right? My bacon says 3 for two slices although there is not any type of sugar listed in the ingredients.

Also, this morning I was up 0.2# from yesterday, but I'm getting a large reading on the ketostix and yesterday was moderate.
Wonder why your bacon has carbs? How odd... What brand is your Caesar dressing and what is considered a serving size? The ones I've seen have 1 carb per 2 T. and if it says 1 T per serving, it will probably say zero carbs -- tricky but true...
Old 05-27-2014, 05:12 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Wonder why your bacon has carbs? How odd... What brand is your Caesar dressing and what is considered a serving size? The ones I've seen have 1 carb per 2 T. and if it says 1 T per serving, it will probably say zero carbs -- tricky but true...
I have had a lot of trouble finding a bacon with no carbs at all...I finally found one and it says sugar as the 4th ingredient, so I passed on that for a bacon that has 3 carbs with no sugar listed and that is the best I've found so far....I was eating one with 2 carbs, but I just realized it has brown sugar listed as the 4th ingredient.

My Caesar dressing is called "Fresh Garlic Caesar Dressing & Dip" by La Maison. I get it from Costco. I believe it may only be Canadian, but I'm not sure on that. My serving size is 1 Tbsp....so, I should be adding 1 carb for my 2 Tbsp serving then?

If you have a brand of bacon that you can recommend that you know does not have any carbs, that would be great.

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:15 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ejw55
Stats: 167/144.6/115
Start Date: May 2012
damn that ice cream.. .I was weak and it called my name....I probably had 1/2 cup...paid for it while trying to sleep...sugar rush kept me up and I felt like I had a million bugs crawling on me...very itchy...

back on track this am...2 deviled eggs and coffee

And, no it was not worth it!! tasted great but bad side effect
Old 05-27-2014, 05:22 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member

I feel so defeated when I see the scale go in the opposite direction, even by 0.2#. I feel like I'm working so hard and I'm not getting anywhere. All I had was the stupid lettuce yesterday for veggies and that was less veggies than I was having in previous days, and then bam 0.2# up this morning. Hard not to be upset by this.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:32 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezer1031
I am celebrating! yesterday was a first in along time with lots of food temptations I stayed on plan and it was ok ,I survived I sipped my water. Know how do I keep thay resolve for ever?
Old 05-27-2014, 05:35 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
I am also frustrated with the scale this week. I have 140 pounds to lose and it just seems to me like this weight should be falling off! I have actually gained a pound!!

I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing. Breakfast is 3 eggs + 3 TBS mayo. Lunch is a hamburger patty. Supper is 8 oz of ribeye steak or fish. If I'm hungry at all during the day I will drink a cup of almond milk. What else can I do?

So depressing!!

KIMBER
Old 05-27-2014, 05:45 AM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
I am also frustrated with the scale this week. I have 140 pounds to lose and it just seems to me like this weight should be falling off! I have actually gained a pound!!

I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing. Breakfast is 3 eggs + 3 TBS mayo. Lunch is a hamburger patty. Supper is 8 oz of ribeye steak or fish. If I'm hungry at all during the day I will drink a cup of almond milk. What else can I do?

So depressing!!

KIMBER
I feel your pain. I guess we just have to keep going...actually brought me to tears this morning. I'm still struggling...so hard to stay focused when it just isn't working that way we think it should.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:47 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Also, in the past 10 tearful minutes I've decided to cut the stupid lettuce out completely. I guess that is what it will take....if not I'm soooooo lost.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:02 AM   #531
Senior LCF Member

In my past weight loss attempts, this would have been the point that I threw up my hands and said "Screw it!" I hated those low fat, low calorie days. I would be so hungry all day and all night long! My mindset was that I could eat whatever I wanted and not lose weight so why starve myself just to get the same result?

Well, I am NOT hungry eating this way. So I am not giving up EVER!! But I AM frustrated and want to go have a temper tantrum because I'm not getting my own way!

I vow to be more stubborn than my stupid scale!!

KIMBER
Old 05-27-2014, 06:09 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Also, in the past 10 tearful minutes I've decided to cut the stupid lettuce out completely. I guess that is what it will take....if not I'm soooooo lost.
Oh don't give up your 2 small cups of lettuce YET! I'd say you're salad dressing is fine too -- just give this a couple of days for your body to get use to being a "fat-burning" machine -- it's takes about 3-4 days. Don't stress over 0.2# seriously, go to the loo... or don't weigh yourself for a couple of days!! As long as you are eating to plan (clean no cheats!!) you will see results, trust me on that one!

Don't worry about portion sizes for the non-carb foods, don't be miserable. Dr. A's golden rule: Eat when hungry! And don't worry overmuch about kcals.

I don't eat bacon, but others on here do -- they will share which brands they use!

You can do this, bmac! I'm over here cheering you onward and downward!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejw55 View Post
damn that ice cream.. .I was weak and it called my name....I probably had 1/2 cup...paid for it while trying to sleep...sugar rush kept me up and I felt like I had a million bugs crawling on me...very itchy...

back on track this am...2 deviled eggs and coffee

And, no it was not worth it!! tasted great but bad side effect
Poor dear!! Can you like, not have ice cream in the house? Cause that would solve the "calling your name" part... I don't have crappy carb-y foods in my house at all because they DO CALL OUT to me too... Good job getting back on the LC WOE wagon!! You can do this ejw if you really want it!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:24 AM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Oh don't give up your 2 small cups of lettuce YET! I'd say you're salad dressing is fine too -- just give this a couple of days for your body to get use to being a "fat-burning" machine -- it's takes about 3-4 days. Don't stress over 0.2# seriously, go to the loo... or don't weigh yourself for a couple of days!! As long as you are eating to plan (clean no cheats!!) you will see results, trust me on that one!

Don't worry about portion sizes for the non-carb foods, don't be miserable. Dr. A's golden rule: Eat when hungry! And don't worry overmuch about kcals.

I don't eat bacon, but others on here do -- they will share which brands they use!

You can do this, bmac! I'm over here cheering you onward and downward!!!
Thanks Jo, but I've been on induction for 16 days now. Absolutely no cheats, besides my cup of veggie for dinner, which I really didn't know was bad and have now cut out. So, I will cut out this lettuce for now and see how the next two weeks go. I will try to stay away from the scale for a while. Maybe I will tell my hubby to bring it to work and leave it in his car or something so it is not in my house! I am never hungry. I always eat when I'm hungry and I haven't thought about a calorie in months. I know I have the right mindset, but there is something wonky about what is going on in my body and I'm just trying to figure out what the trigger is so I can get on track. I've been in Ketosis for almost 2 full weeks. I should be a fat burning machine!!!

Thanks again for the support!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:25 AM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: esquala
I suspect that the level of protein I was eating might have been knocking me out of ketosis, and this is possibly the reason I haven't lost since my first 5 lb. water weight. As soon as I get my breath meter I am going to check this.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:40 AM   #536
Senior LCF Member

PauletticusJ
--I can really see the difference in your face but also in your neck!!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:48 AM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Have to agree with Jo! It must be hard for those of you with family in the house to cook for etc, but I try to remember if I think certain foods are total garbage for me to eat then it's garbage for my family to eat. Consider going out for 'treats' rather than having them in the house?? Young ones can be quite content with popcorn in the house rather than chips and ice cream can be more of a family outing kinda thing. Just a suggestion.

On an unrelated matter............... Why have I lost my interest in gardening???? Finally went for flowers etc yesterday and I had no enthusiasm for picking and certainly not for all the planting I have to do? I used to get pleasure and even mental therapy doing this, now it just feels like work? Wish I knew why? I have trees to plant, new bushes to plant, EE bulbs to plant, flowers, hosta to move, ferns to move........... yeah, that does sound a lot of work... oh, let's not forgot lawn to trim and mow before I start all that. UGH!!! Well, it's good exercise if nothing else!

Wishing you all a great scale day and some blessed sunshine!!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:52 AM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
On an unrelated matter............... Why have I lost my interest in gardening???? Finally went for flowers etc yesterday and I had no enthusiasm for picking and certainly not for all the planting I have to do? I used to get pleasure and even mental therapy doing this, now it just feels like work? Wish I knew why? I have trees to plant, new bushes to plant, EE bulbs to plant, flowers, hosta to move, ferns to move........... yeah, that does sound a lot of work... oh, let's not forgot lawn to trim and mow before I start all that. UGH!!! Well, it's good exercise if nothing else!

I can see if given the choice of gardening or chatting with us....chatting with us would definitely win out!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:09 AM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Amen to that!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:19 AM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Romy
Stats: 164/150.0/120-130
WOE: LC
Start Date: July1,2013
Thanks Jo.
Down 2.2 lbs. today. Stayed true to Atkins yesterday, so far so good today.
I also did not cheat last year when I started, from July 1 to Oct 4, then went on a trip and had no control of how the food was prepared. It was hard to get back to the clean eats but with enough LC days was able to maintain with no gain until Christmas and then snow birded to the south for the winter and was still able to loose my gain.
This woe IMO works, never hungry and no cravings. Just need to make the right choices when going out and stay focused.
Closed Thread