Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/200/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Feeling discouraged. 10 days of careful eating, and I haven't lost a pound. Staying around 5 carbs, 50-70g protein, 100-120g fat. Continue to drink...I'm guessing around 100 oz. Only 1-2 pieces of cheese daily. What could it be?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Better, don't get discouraged. I promise you, it works. Post a daily menu and let us take a quick peek. You may have already done that, I'm not sure, but go ahead and post it again and just let us take a look. But whatever you do, don't give up.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

I won't give up! But something has got to give!
3 eggs, 1T cream cheese, cooked in 1T CO. BPC with 1T butter and 2T CO. 1slice provolone, 1 slice summer sausage. About 4 oz protein for dinner, with a little more fat ( bpc or fat bomb). Total is around 125g fat, 6 g carbs, 50 g protein, and 1350 cal. I drink around 100 oz/day. I do use liquid sweetener.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Better, your menu actually looks totally fine to me. Quite honestly, if it were me, I would stay the course and not change anything yet. I've had a full month at a time of not losing, and then the next month I'll have great losses. 10 days really isn't that long. Our bodies need time to adjust. So my best advice is to stay the course and keep doing exactly what you're doing. But if you absolutely can't do that, here's my 2nd best advice ~

The important thing to remember is that we're all different. Everyone of us responds differently to different things. For me, I lose better with higher fat. Jo loses better with less fat. You've been trying the high fat, and you said you're not losing, so maybe try adjusting your menu to have less fat, more protein and see if that works for you. Instead of having 300 calories of fat in your BPC, maybe have a higher protein snack.

The only iffy thing I see on there would be your summer sausage. That kind of meat often times has fillers, and usually has a lot of sodium, so it may be making you retain water.

But, 10 days is really not very long. Patience and consistency are the keys. I know how frustrating it is. Trust me, I've had some long runs of no losses, but then they kick in. As long as I continue to be consistent, with no cheats, the weight always comes off. I know it will for you too.
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
Old 05-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /152 / 138 - 143
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
I don't know how you're getting 1350 out of that, unless it's in the lunch meat but your menu looks pretty light?? By "slice" do you mean like sandwich slice thickness?? Are you not feeling hungry??? Well, I guess if you're okay with the amount of food you're eating, then it should just be a matter of time before things move. 100 oz of liquid shouldn't be doing it cause if you add coffee, water, etc that's only 10-12 cups a day.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Bonny, I add fat in the evening as needed to get up to that calorie amount. And yes, a sandwich slice. And no, I'm never hungry. In fact, I make myself eat this much. I could be fine on 800 cal as far as hunger goes.

MG, thanks for looking at this. I will keep at this for another week (God give me strength!), and then try your tweaks. I don't want to go back to low cal, because I feel better eating more, but I will do it over the summer if I have to, to get the weight off. I also hope to start walking, if I can get ahold of the planter faciitis I'm currently dealing with.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, not sure how you live on 4.5 oz of protein in a day but if you're full I guess that's what counts? Have to leave this one to the experts, ie: Mthergoos and JustJo??
Old 05-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #368
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
I do not know where I put my post, l o l. .8 pounds only for me this second week of induction.

I know from eating the atkins healthy approach, that summer sausage is horrible for me, I cannot have any sweet n low.. no cream cheese. It all stalls me. and so does pork rinds and I love them. so I am doing atkins 72 and second week induction and eating clean.. and only .8 so don't give up. Better than ever.. we can do this. I know. done it once before a few years ago.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/273/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post

Good Tuesday Morning Everybody!!

Pauletticus -- Erithritol, it's in Truvia right? Good to know that the sugar alcohols doesn't affect you, some people can't tolerate them. You know it's got carbs right? At least from all the research I've done: 1 tsp = approx. 4 carb grams

[/I][/center]
From what I have read, Erithritol is one of the only sugar alcohols with a glycemic index of ZERO, and close to 0 calories per gram.

What erythritol is:

Erythritol is the sugar alcohol (polyol) that has the least impact on blood sugar. Erythritol has almost zero calories, zero carbs, and a glycemic index of ZERO. The reason is a bit different that most sugar alcohols, which are only partially absorbed in the small intestine. Most (60-90%) of the erythritol is absorbed into the blood, but is then excreted in the urine within 24 hrs. Because of this, erythritol tends to produce much less intestinal distress than other sugar alcohols.

Erythritol Does Not Spike Blood Sugar or Insulin:

Humans don’t have the enzymes to break down erythritol. It gets absorbed into the bloodstream and is then excreted unchanged in the urine.

When healthy people are given erythritol, there is no change in blood sugar or insulin levels. There is also no effect on cholesterol, triglycerides or other biomarkers.

For people who are overweight, with diabetes or other issues related to the metabolic syndrome, erythritol appears to be an excellent alternative to sugar.
-----------------------------------

By law, all carbohydrates have to be listed on food packaging, whether they are useable or non-useable. The carbs listed for erithrytol are non-useable in the human body. Although a carb is a carb, my body and blood sugar have absolutely no response to erithritol carbs. I use a Tablespoon for my coffee, (less than 3 useable calories). Therefore, I tend to ignore the erithritol carbs

I normally don't eat vegetables, so I don't get in many carbs at all throughout the day (always under 10, average is 6), and if I do count my erithritol carbs, that would total about 12 grams per tablespoon. Many days I have 2 cups of coffee, which would mean 24 carbs. (ERYTHRITOL: 1 t = 4g carb). But, like I said above, I normally don't even include them in my count. They haven't seemed to make a difference at all in my weight loss. But I would definitely see a difference if I were to eat up to 34 grams of vegetable carbs a day!!!!!!! My weight loss would stop and I would see the scale go up! I went through a month of that while doing the NEW Atkins! Which is why I started the '72 version in the first place.

I guess anyone may chose to count the erithrytol carbs, but I have found that it is not necessary, and I am not going to get anal about them.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:07 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250

Good Wednesday Morning Everybody!!

HUGE to all those that had losses today! For those that didn't, remember the scales are EVIL!!

to Girley37 & Doggygirl!!!

Girley37 -- Do you have the A '72 book? It gives you the list of Induction foods. If you stick religiously to the A '72 plan you will see results, it's that easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Are you not following Atkins '72 Induction??
That was my question to ejw as well... (1 c cottage cheese anywhere from 6-8 carbs)

HUGE on your loss, Bonny!!! One pound closer to your personal goal weight -- I'm doing the happy-happy dance for you!!

esquala -- I haven't moved on from Induction because I'm carb sensitive but initally, I didn't move up my carbs because I lose more weight the fewer carbs I have.

Be careful of organ meats, they have trace amounts of carbs eaten in small quanities, but you have to count them too.

Doggygirl -- I'm not allergic to carbs but I'm a carb addict -- pretty much the same thing huh? Glad you could join us!

newslimsexy -- Good question about some days feeling hungrier than others.

For me, I haven't figured that one out and I write everything down in my journal. I chalk it up to hormones and I solve the problem by eating clean, even if I have to eat a little more than usual -- but I don't increase my carbs, just my kcals. It's like once every 4-5 days that I seem to get hungrier than usual feeling and I feed it. Does that make sense? Remember, eat when hungry -- that's Dr. A's golden rule!

Doggygirl -- Keeping it simple is one of the keys to success on A '72. People seem to muck it up when they start doing imitation recipes of their favorite carb foods. For me, those are "triggers" and I'd rather avoid them. Btw, your menu looks spot on!!

betterthanever -- Hang in there, I agree with MG (but then I usually do ) You can do this! I'm over here cheering you on!!

vessel -- HUGE on your 0.8 pound loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
I guess anyone may chose to count the erithrytol carbs, but I have found that it is not necessary, and I am not going to get anal about them.
you are one of the lucky ones, Pauletticus!! I have to count every blessed carb and for me, sugar alcohols metabolize as carbs.

This is one of the reasons this WOE works for us, we find out which foods stalls us or not and we tailor it to fit our needs and wants.

In any case, you're losing weight & you're rocking this WOE, and that's really what matters!!

You all have a wonderful day and keep being LOSERS!!

Jo =]

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”

Last edited by Just Jo; 05-21-2014 at 03:08 AM..
Old 05-21-2014, 04:56 AM   #371
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
[QUOTE=Just Jo;16916764]
Good Wednesday Morning Everybody!!

vessel -- HUGE on your 0.8 pound loss!!

thanks l o l I need a sweetener wa wa wa
Old 05-21-2014, 05:47 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Well im back on I started fri and ive lost 5lbs so far
Old 05-21-2014, 05:48 AM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Hi Beth:

perfect "shedder" in your arms there.

Hi Bonny-Jean! LOL that little guy is HUGE now! I love doggies and would love to hear more about yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post

Doggygirl -- I'm not allergic to carbs but I'm a carb addict -- pretty much the same thing huh? Glad you could join us!
Um yes, I agree... "allergic" = ADDICTED when it comes to carbs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vessel of prayer View Post
I do not know where I put my post, l o l. .8 pounds only for me this second week of induction.
Congrats on your loss this week! Losses are losses!

Back to the carb addiction thing. Addiction is such sneaky business. (I have battled other addictions and am now a certified addiction counselor for drugs/alcohol). The mind plays so many tricks in order to "get" the addictive substance. That is certainly true with my carb history. Twice previously I have gotten to my goal weight and stayed there for 1-2 years. (and I have seen in the thread that many of you have also had this experience). Then "something happened" and I couldn't stick to LC anymore, and couldn't seem to get back on the wagon no matter how hard I tried.

On further reflection, it wasn't just any ol' carbs that got me in trouble. It was sugar+fat+salt carbs that triggered my binges and struggles. I have tried and failed every which way to keep carbs and lose the weight. Weight Watchers, low-fat vegan, you name it. I'll lose a little and then I'm right back in the binge cycle. That is the story of my regain since 2010.

I have also struggled to get back to LC and have not been successful (yet!) at that. Today is day 4 so I'm not calling it victory yet, LOL! I'm just thinking out loud here, and thinking that I might just be one of those people who needs to keep it really simple, and really "biologically zero" in order to keep my primitive brain in check.

Does it seem that way for any of you?

The last two days were relatively easy because I had a training class both evenings. Late afternoon/evening is my "witching hour." I will fight to the bone to stay on track today. I know this will start feeling much easier soon. All messages of hope are appreciated!

Menu today:
B: Eggs, bacon, butter
L: Egg salad, celery
D: Meatloaf
S: up to 4 oz cheese, only if needed

Have a good day everyone.

Mini Goals:
#1: Weight 184
#2: Weight 179
#3: Weight 174
#4: Weight 169 (normal BMI)
#5: Weight 164
#6: Weight 159
#7: Weight 154
Old 05-21-2014, 06:09 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/273/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Did I ever mention to any one here about my fiasco with drinking Pepsi One? I can't remember if I ever posted it and I am too lazy to look back...

Anyhoo, 2 weekends ago, I went to visit my Mom for the weekend. I was weighing 305 at the time. While there, I noticed she had bought a case of Pepsi One, so I was drinking it all weekend. I noticed on Saturday that my feet were getting swollen, and be Sunday they were uncomfortably puffed up! I have always had an edema problem, and my doctor proscribed me a pill to help reduce the leg swelling. I rarely if ever need to take it because since starting Atkins, I have not noticed any problem with the edema.

But after I got home on Sunday night, my feet and lower legs were so bad that I had to start taking my pills. I weighed myself and I was at 310! I was holding 5 lbs of water in my legs. I had been eating correctly with induction foods only that weekend, and the only difference was that I had been drinking that damn Pepsi One all weekend, so I deduced that it HAD to be the problem! I don't know what is in that formula, but it sure messed up my body! Maybe it was the sucralose? I normally never use sucralose or Splenda...I have no idea what it was that messed me up.

The initial swelling went down after a couple days on my pills, but the weight stayed up. For the past 2 weeks I have been diligently drinking a lot of water and staying on track, and I am proud to say that as of this morning, I am finally back to where I was before drinking the dreaded poisonous Pepsi One! Actually, I am 2 lbs less - at 303 lbs!

It took so long to recover from this episode that I am truly skittish of ever drinking a diet soda again. Previous to this episode, I had enjoyed a Diet Mountain Dew on occasion and NEVER had a reaction to it. But there is obviously something in the Pepsi One that disagrees with me.

So, just a warning to everyone out there - BE CAREFUL when drinking "diet" sodas! Maybe one in moderation, but please do not do as I did and drink them all day! It may be just me, but I now know that they can really wreak havoc on your diet and stall you for days or weeks!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: newslimsexy
Stats: 252/228/160
Start Date: April 2014
Thanks Just Jo I'll keep that in mind.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
A quick question...If you are eating out at a mexican restaurant...what do you eat? I don't have a choice where we eat...don't ask.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezer1031
Confused about how to post I don't want to keep starting new threads, how do I post to this board this appears to be a reply sorry if I'm not making a lot of sense.
I came to confess I had a rum and coke with my neighbor on her porch it was that kind of day, I was having a perfect day(LC) and than she called and I was so willingly lead down the garden path. I will see this as a learning experience. Never visit neighbor on her porch bad stuff happens there. Lol Definetly not worth it
Old 05-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

The visit was worth it drink not so much
Old 05-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Worst case scenario is you might lose a little time while your body burns off the alcohol before it returns to burning fat.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:59 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Mama law, Mexican is the hardest for me. Mostly just because I love it so much. You could try fajitas, but they are usually marinated. I would get a steak if they have one on the menu. Or maybe a taco salad and have them just put steak and cheese on it. Those would be my choices.

Weezer, put it behind you and move on. Lesson learned.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member

MtherGoos, Thanks for the help. I'm at a loss as what to do. You see I dont have a car right now so I do my almost daily running with a friend and she always wants to go to lunch and she is always paying, so I really dont have a say on where we eat and she almost always picks mexican.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

I totally understand that. I would definitely go with one of those. Absolute worst case, order tacos a la carte, and just eat the insides out of them without the tomatoes.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Thats a good idea. Thanks. Sorry for all the questions but is sour cream ok?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Ask anything! Sour cream isn't actually part of induction if I remember correctly. I believe it's added in later on. I'd say to avoid it if you can, but if having a little sour cream helps you avoid the chips and salsa, then have it in moderation.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, just checked my book, and sour cream isn't on the induction list, it's one of the foods you can add back in for OWL. But my answer is the same, if it keeps you from eating the chips and salsa, then go ahead.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Thanks again for the help. Doing my best to get on plan and stay there TOMORROW. Lisa
Old 05-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

You've got this! And we're here to help!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:21 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

mthergoos thanks for the encouragement, a new day. Good morning everyone welcome to Thursday
Old 05-22-2014, 04:39 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all

Well, finally hit 165 today. Yay.
Cousin coming from Vancouver, BC today for a 2 wk vacation so we're gonna have a blast. Will indulge this week and on the "TO DO" list is finding a low carb Pina Colada recipe. I think there's one in his '72 Revolution book. Got my new "doo" yesterday and today is my first ever spray tan and pedi!!! Looking forward to it, at least the legs will need some color. Don't really need it on the face anymore with the lighter hair!!!
Here's a little peak at the "new me". (brace yourself) he-he
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New doo 1.jpg (28.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-22-2014, 04:54 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Thursday 22 May 2014

Good Thursday Morning Everybody!! Weeeehoooo -- Summer Break starts on Saturday!! 72 days off with no school kiddos!!

HUGE to all those that had losses today! For those that didn't, remember the scales are EVIL!!

portcop -- back!! Huge on your 5 lbs!!

Doggygirl -- In answer to your question: "Does that seem that way to you too?"

My answer is Yes! I've yo-yoed my entire adult life -- only tried low calorie diet ONCE and I was miserably hunger ALL the time. I have to feel full when I eat -- I don't seem to have the trigger that says "you're full" so I have portion control issues too, hence the reason I only eat one meal a day so I have the "full" feeling.

I've been doing A '72 successfully losing 100s of pounds since the late 70's and yo-yoed until last July when I finally got my head in the WOE game. I thought I could be a "carb eater" like other people once I reached my goal weight cause I was on a D.I.E.T. boy was I wrong. Then it dawned on me, I am NEVER going to be a carb eater. This is going to have to be my WOE. I have two choices: 1) Eat carbs and be as huge as a house and be miserable because carbs are killers, they kill the best parts of me: my health, my happiness and my self-esteem or 2) do this WOE. Like tweeker geek's quote says (and I changed it up a bit) “Nothing Tastes as Good as Being at my Personal Weight Goal Feels!” Sorry that was a long answer.

Pauletticus -- Thanks for sharing that Pepsi One fiasco! You poor thing. But at least you kinda figured out what was messing you up! Too bad you had to regain the same pounds you had lost but HUGE on losing 2 more pounds!!!

mamalaw -- I don't eat out, it's a long story. Can you check their menu online?

weezer -- Sometimes on this WOE, its one minute, one hour then one day at a time... if and when you fall off the wagon, brush yourself off and climb back on... after all, we are only human. We learn more from our failures than our easy victories. I'm over here cheering you on!!

You all have a wonderful day and keep being LOSERS!!

Jo =]

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”

Last edited by Just Jo; 05-22-2014 at 04:59 AM..
Closed Thread