Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 05:32 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/122/130 BMI=20.9
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Black??? Eeewww, no I couldn't do that! I think I have a head thing about "seeing" the cream in my coffee?? There's even a certain shade of beige it has to be. Sounds silly I know but that's just me!
BLACK? Heck no I didn't say BLACK -- have your cream (Almond Silk) and use Da Vinci instead of your stevia...

Quote:
Ah Jo... you almost brought a tear to my eye! Seriously. Thank you so much for helping me. As I mentioned to Mthergoos, I wouldn't be here this long if it wasn't for people like you guys. You are so generous with your encouragement and support for so many on these threads. It's very heartwarming that you spend so much time giving others that pat on the back they need and I'm grateful for all of it! Your own journey is awe inspiring and it's clear that "attitude" is key, not to mention patience!! LOL. Love ya back. and again, thank you dear heart for all you've given me.
Almost brought a tear? Dang! I wasn't working hard enough.

But seriously, the encouragement and support goes both ways... I love being here with like-minded people who truly understand and appreciate the hard work and effort being an LC WOE Lifer entails. You all don't give me any grief and I just dislike the Debbie Downers on some of the threads...

to you Bonny!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /155 / 138 - 143
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Aaahhhhhhhhh........ you're such a sweetie pie....mmmm pie.
Kiss-kiss (not in a creepy way)
Old 05-18-2014, 05:50 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Aaahhhhhhhhh........ you're such a sweetie pie....mmmm pie.
Kiss-kiss (not in a creepy way)
kiss kiss and not in a creepy way. You're killin' me here, Bonny!

Pie doesn't even phase me anymore 'cause carbs = toxic, poisonous, insidious killers 'cause they kill the best parts of us: our health and our self-esteem!!

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

you make me smile!

The carb equation.......... Roger that!!!
Old 05-18-2014, 06:27 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
you make me smile!

The carb equation.......... Roger that!!!
Right back at you, girlie

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/280/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
[QUOTE=Just Jo;16913802]Hey Pauletticus, welcome back! Do you have the reference source for this information? (URL etc?) I like to keep info like this for future reference. Thanks for sharing this info!!

This was posted on someone's blog on the Atkins site. They did not refer to an URL or site either - but i was very impressed with what it had to say.

It did state that a biologist at Berkeley wrote about this about 4 years ago. I have no idea who actually wrote the original post, though. Sorry.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

P.S. I just googled the info I posted last night and found it has been circulating on many low-carb forums for years. Who knows when the original post was created.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
PauletticusJ - very informational post, thank you! I copied to a document and will print it out for future reference. We do sometimes need reminders of how unique the human body really is, there's a lot going on in each and every one of us.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Have you tired Da Vinci Free Sugar Syrups? OMG I use about 8 oz a day in my coffee -- the one I get has no carbs and it hasn't affected me at all. And boy does it make a lovely cup of coffee I feel guilty drinking it.
I drink a ton of coffee, most always have a mug going when I'm home. I use the syrups and heavy cream, sometimes both, sometimes just the syrup. I also like International Delight sugar free creamers, Hazelnut and Caramel Macchiato are my favorites.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
I drink a ton of coffee, most always have a mug going when I'm home. I use the syrups and heavy cream, sometimes both, sometimes just the syrup. I also like International Delight sugar free creamers, Hazelnut and Caramel Macchiato are my favorites.
How many carbs are in the International Delights? I have never really looked at them because I like real cream.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #311
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: esquala
Thanks, Pauletticus, for that information. After reading it, I think I'm going to just weigh in once a week.

Yesterday, I was hungrier than usual. So I ate - snacked on a few pork rinds (prob about 7-8), dipped in a little plain sour cream (prob not allowed on 72 induction, but it hit the spot and killed the hunger). Last night, I ate some green olives about an hour before bed because I was hungry again. Today, hunger is way down, and I would like to think it's because I "indulged" it yesterday.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
How many carbs are in the International Delights? I have never really looked at them because I like real cream.
The Caramel Mocchiato has 1 carb per Tbsp..
Old 05-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Just wanted to pop in....hopefully to stay! I finally broke down and went to a therapist for my eating issues. I think just talking about all of the stressors in my life helped a lot. Instead of telling me not to eat, she recommended that I just acknowledge that I'm about to eat something I shouldn't and give myself permission to do it anyway. She thinks that eating off plan is probably my body's way of keeping control of the one thing in my life that I have a say over. Anyway, I have been doing it and suddenly food doesn't seem to have such a hold on me. I have been on plan today and feel better.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Good for you. You recognized a problem and did something about it!! Kuddos to you and all the best and continued success!
Old 05-19-2014, 02:41 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Monday, 19 May 2014

Good Monday Morning Everybody!!

HUGE to all those that had losses today! For those that didn't, remember the scales are EVIL!!

As of today, I have been 100% committed to this WOE & WOL for 46 Weeks (except for the 3-day Thanksgiving Fiasco of 2013).

Pauletticus -- Thanks for trying to find the reference!

The International Delight Creamer I used was SF Hazelnut (liquid) 1 T = 1 carb & 20 kcals. I think it was Bonny that turned me on to Silk Almond Milk Unsweetened which has 1 carb & 30 kcals for 8 ounces!! I want to try the Silk Almond/Coconut Blend Unsweetened, but they don't have it here in my little burg...

Tweaker -- Those are my favorites too. I'm so glad that neither the creamers or the SF syrups have caused me to stall...

esquala -- Welcome back! I couldn't stand weighing once a week, I'm a daily weigher, I have to know everyday good or bad what the scales say.

It's okay to eat when you're hungry -- that's what so fabulous about this WOE. There are many foods that are carb free and perfectly legal to eat. Many of us experience days where we are hungrier than other days, so we eat clean (aka legal carb free foods).

You are correct about cream cheese not being Induction, but it's better than reaching for a donut or slice of pie.

cfine -- back!
Ditto what Bonny said about you facing a problem and seeking help. Good for you!

I can understand and appreciate the control issue. One of my personal keys to successfully following this WOE is "Accept the things I cannot control and change the things I can." (Yeah I stole it from AA!) We usually always stress over the things we cannot control. My attitude of late has been when faced with those uncontrolable issues is say to myself "It is what it is" and move on. In any case, wishing you heartfelt success as you restart your LC WOE journey, c!

You all have a wonderful day and keep being LOSERS!!

Jo =]

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-19-2014, 04:57 AM   #316
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

esquala -- Welcome back! I couldn't stand weighing once a week, I'm a daily weigher, I have to know everyday good or bad what the scales say.

It's okay to eat when you're hungry -- that's what so fabulous about this WOE. There are many foods that are carb free and perfectly legal to eat. Many of us experience days where we are hungrier than other days, so we eat clean (aka legal carb free foods).

You are correct about cream cheese not being Induction, but it's better than reaching for a donut or slice of pie.
Yes, well, an evil little elf held a gun to my head this morning and I weighed. Up two pounds. That's what I get, lol. It's all good - I'm committed.

So, I've lost five pounds since starting, and now I'm supposed to start adding carbs back in, but I'm going to wait. Maybe 40 lbs isn't considered that much, and the weight will come off v-ee-e-e-e-e-e-r-y slowly.

Someone had asked how many carbs I'm aiming for per day - I'm trying to keep at five, what with cream, eggs and 1-2 oz of cheese, plus my two teeny salads. I mean, if you add all that up, its about five, right?

Happy Monday, all! I teach at an inner city charter school and my morning duty is keeping peace in the middle school girls' bathroom.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:58 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I think it was Bonny that turned me on to Silk Almond Milk Unsweetened which has 1 carb & 30 kcals for 8 ounces!! I want to try the Silk Almond/Coconut Blend Unsweetened, but they don't have it here in my little burg...
Hi Jo... well, I must say that I WAS in love with the blend but I was still adding a 7-1 ratio with hwc but when I lost the hwc altogether I couldn't handle even the slightest taste of Almond so now I'm sticking with the 100% Silk Coconut with 0 hwc added in and I can live with the taste! That might be easier to find than the "Blend" as I think the Almond/Coconut is new??? Maybe not, I'm not sure. I think I also mentioned my "SkinnyGirl" stevia was not as good as I hoped. Had to switch back to powdered Splenda and now I'm a happy camper again.

Last edited by Bonny-Jean; 05-19-2014 at 06:00 AM..
Old 05-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

I recently bought some Silk Almond milk and I just loved it. I signed up on their website for a coupon on the new Coconut milk, but have not received the coupon yet. When I get it, I am trying the Coconut Milk.

I would like to try mixing it with cream and seeing if I like it in my coffee as you were doing Bonny-Jean. I had considered this when I got my Almond Milk, but never did try it. I will be sure to try it when I get the Coconut Milk.

I try to only have 2 Tablespoons of cream in my big ol' coffee cup a day, but there are some days, like this morning, when I had 2 cups of coffee, therefore, 4 Tablespoons of cream. I would feel much better if I could cut down the cream usage. But I don't think I want to try the International Delights because the carb count seems high to me.

As far as sweeteners go, I am using erithritol now instead of Splenda. I also use a few drops of Stevia. I use a brand of Stevia that does not have alcohol in it's mixture, so it is a pure liquid form. It seems to be very good. I cannot have Stevia alone - too bitter or something. Just does not do the trick. But my erithritol has a good mouth feel to it, and no carbs. Just sugar alcohol, and it has absolutely no effect on my blood sugars. Erithritol has a glycemic index of ZERO. The only problem is that it is expensive, so I buy a 5 lb bag, which is more cost effective, and lasts a very long time.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #319
Junior LCF Member

I recently bought a 5 lb bag of xylitol. Haven't opened it yet, I'm waiting to add in veggie carbs should I ever actually start losing after initial whoosh.

I have used it in the past, and it makes for a very good sweetener. But coffee in the morning gets one tbsp of sugar free French Vanilla Coffee Mate, along with two tbsp HWC, and a few drops of Sugar Twin, cyclamate sweetener.

I once tried coconut milk. Once, lol. Love my CO, but the milk tasted .
Old 05-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
my erithritol has a good mouth feel to it, and no carbs. Just sugar alcohol, and it has absolutely no effect on my blood sugars. Erithritol has a glycemic index of ZERO. The only problem is that it is expensive, so I buy a 5 lb bag, which is more cost effective, and lasts a very long time.
So who makes erithritol or where do I find it???
Old 05-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: newslimsexy
Stats: 252/228/160
Start Date: April 2014
Good morning everyone, Bonny-Jean you look great I'm so happy for you. For some reason when I try to put the smilies in my post it doesn't work it just spells out what the smilie is can anyone tell me how to do it right please.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

I really have to stop weighing myself everyday because even though I'm fully aware that weight fluctuates for various reasons I still get pissed off when the scale goes up a lbs or two. That's going to have to be my next goal because the scale has caused me to quit way more times than I would like to even think about. I guess I'm just going to tell myself it doesn't matter what the scale says exactly what Just Jo has been saying, it's too much mental stress anyways.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newslimsexy View Post
Good morning everyone, Bonny-Jean you look great I'm so happy for you. For some reason when I try to put the smilies in my post it doesn't work it just spells out what the smilie is can anyone tell me how to do it right please.
Thanks newslimsexy: When you hit reply or quote, just scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and the bottom and the last box says, "Disable Smilies in Text" Remove the check mark and you'll have the option then of adding them!!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Bonny I have tried that and it still doesn't work that's what it does when I try to add a smilie.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Sorry Bonny you're right I didn't realize the smilie doesn't show until you post thanks for help. now I'm going to go smilie crazy
Old 05-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Happy Victoria Day

Trust my fellow Canadians are enjoying the long weekend.
Belated congratulations to Cudabear on the anniversary; can't remember if you managed to celebrate in a LC fashion or not. I'm sure you had a blast!
Had some margaritas last night while watching Game of Thrones and a handful of popcorn. I'll find out later this weekend what kind of set back happens, if any.
I can't remember if anyone was using skin fold measurements to calculate amount of body fat they had? Or if it's even worth bothering with?
I'm going to have to give up reading; pretty well every book contradicts information in the other
So my DW found a muffin top pan for me; will be churning out oopsie rolls after restocking on eggs. Can't wait for some sandwiches
I guess I'm lucky, I drink my coffee black & lately with butter & coconut oil aka bullet proof
Enjoy the rest of the day folks; my DW is ordering me off the computer
Old 05-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newslimsexy View Post
Bonny I have tried that and it still doesn't work that's what it does when I try to add a smilie.
Well maybe after you remove the check that "disables" them, maybe you have to sign out so the software updates your request. Other than that, I don't know. Might have to contact a Moderator if a "restart" doesn't do it??
Old 05-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, you got it.... nevermind then!!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
Trust my fellow Canadians are enjoying the long weekend.
Sure are... and you???

I can't remember if anyone was using skin fold measurements to calculate amount of body fat they had?
Not me?? I can see them quite clearly, thanks!! Sorry, CPG, just can't let some things go!!

So my DW found a muffin top pan for me; will be churning out oopsie rolls after restocking on eggs. Can't wait for some sandwiches
So tell me, does anyone use these for hamburger buns?? Can they do that?? Using lettuce for a bun on a hamburger really doesn't work for me. It's still hard to hold and a little slippery actually.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimWithin26
Stats: Start 321.4/281.8/253.4/199
Start Date: March 16, 2014
Good afternoon.
I’ve done quite well on low carb (following more Atkins 72) but getting a bit bored. Don’t want to add too much as I don’t want weight loss to slow down (averaging 3-3.5lbs per week), but need some suggestions on how to get a little more variety without sacrificing the weight loss.

My normal menu consists of some form of the following:
Pork Riblets
Pork Chop
Hamburger
Chicken Breast
Chicken Wings
Eggs
Mayo
Cheese

That’s pretty much it with the exception of the occasional lettuce (for taco salad) and sour cream. Any suggestions?

[COLOR=Purple]SlimWithin26[/COLOR]
Closed Thread