Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: newslimsexy
Stats: 252/228/160
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: April 2014
Good morning everyone, I'm down six lbs from Monday and I just wanted to share the good news I hope you're all doing well and thanks for all the tips on the days I've missed.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #273
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
OMG, Sheila......... that would be 18 lbs a month!!!! That's A LOT!! You're doing well. Slow sucks, I know but it is the healthiest and is more conducive to long term success. We need time to learn a different woe as well as losing our current weight.

Tell us what you ate today or yesterday and maybe there' something someone will see that they can suggest about it.
Ok Upset. My weight has been slowly climbing. Back to 199.8. I am not sure if it is bacon or cheese. First week I did not have either. Second week on induction I got to go get some groceries. Maybe to cut back on both?

would have been nice if I could lose 4 pounds every week...
Old 05-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by newslimsexy View Post
Good morning everyone, I'm down six lbs from Monday and I just wanted to share the good news I hope you're all doing well and thanks for all the tips on the days I've missed.
congratulations!! KUTGW!
Old 05-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #275

Quote:
AWESOME!!
Old 05-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Vessel, I wouldn't change anything yet. It's too soon. Just keep doing what you're doing and see what happens. It's totally normal to have weeks where you bounce back up. Stay the course and see what happens.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #277

MtherGoos, you inspire me. When I get down and think I have so far to go, I look at your pic. Then I say, I CAN DO THIS... (again) I get mad at myself for gaining most of my weight back and wonder why I did it. Then I think, is it worth all this again. Then I say YES it is!! I know ups and downs with water weight gain. I think I would stay on this even if it was not for the weight loss. Everything else on me feels wonderful ... I am a little low on energy, so I took a good multi vitamin and got at least fifteen minutes of sunshine. Thanks to everyone on here that gives me a boost by reading all the posts. Just feeling weepy today.. hormones and such.. thanks for letting me vent.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vessel, you can vent to us anytime, we're here for you. Totally understand your frustration and fears. It's taken me a LONG time to realize that I really only have one week each month where I actually lose, and the rest of the month I bounce up and down. I still get frustrated at times, but I know that it's normal for my body. It is all a learning process and the journey can be a great experience for us.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
MG - your new pic is unbelievable - you look awesome! Congratulations on your loss and, once again, thank you for all your inspiration and support.

That being said, I have absolutely nothing to report, just keep chugging along. I have not been terribly bad but I haven't been perfectly good either! I'm going to reevaluate what I've been doing and reread the Atkins '72 book. I feel like I know it by heart but find that when I am reading the book it seems to keep me more accountable. I haven't been weighing on a regular basis because I was disappointed with not getting the results I thought I should be seeing so I stopped. I'm pretty sure the 3 lb. loss I posted about awhile ago is now a 3 lb. gain! My fault and I will lose it again. Thanks for listening!

One of the things I was doing was eating too many veggies. I wanted to use up what I had because I hate to throw food out.
I still have a spaghetti squash, I guess I can cook it and freeze it to use later. I'd really like to get back to just meat, eggs and a bit of cheese next week.

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 05-16-2014 at 05:54 PM..
Old 05-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tweaker, hang in there! Definitely reread the book, it helps me every time. Dr Atkins does say that as little as one bite of something can throw as out of ketosis and cause us to have a problem, so as much as possible, you want to try and stay on plan. I know it can be hard and frustrating, but you CAN do this, and the longer you stay on plan, the easier it gets.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I cave and eat things I shouldn't when I'm with other people - mainly because I don't want to get into a confrontation about food/nutrition. I know low carb is best, I have after all kept 60 pounds off for years. I don't have a lot to lose 10-15 pounds is all and I think I tell myself I can do it anytime when I go astray, but it isn't really that easy now that I'm older. The "old" body just wants to hold on!
Old 05-17-2014, 05:12 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250

Good Saturday Morning Everybody!!

Bonny -- HUGE on the scales moving for you! I'm doing the happy-happy dance for you.

I love the Almond Silk Milk Unsweetened cause our Wally world doesn't have the Almond/Coconut blend either. but I agree with you, it's awesome in coffee. 30 kcals and 1 carb in 8 oz -- amazing!!!

I completely understand the bit about "the mind and mirror not being in sync." It's called Fat Head Syndrom -- in my case, I've been morbidly obese most of my life with maybe 10% of that actually being "normal" weight that my mind can't graps the fact that I'm not Fat Jo any more since I've been her FOREVER! I'll just have to get over that!

Cudabear -- Happy Anniversary!!

monique -- to our LC WOE Party! Why do you have to give up your coffee creamer? Can't you do HWC?

newslimsexy -- HUGE on your 6 lb loss!! A '72 is the most brilliant WOE ever!!!!

vessel -- How much cheese are you eating and what type? I don't do cheese cause it stalls me and I thought it was because I had an adverse reaction to it then I figure it out... I was over doing it, I mean come on who can stop at 3-4 oz? Well, apparently not me since I suffer from portion control issues. So I completely stopped eating it, the only way I can control the portions...

tweaker -- I feel for you, girlie! I know where you are coming from. But I'm glad you aren't throwing in the towel. Remember, we're LOSERS not Quitters...

I found a new way to tell people when I don't wanna eat their carb crap -- okay I LIE to their face but I don't have to be confrontational: Here's what I say.... "Hmmmmmm looks really tasty [yummy, good, etc] I'll try some in a little while." Funny how they don't come back and ask if I've tried it...

You all have a wonderful day and keep being LOSERS!!

Jo =]

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Old 05-17-2014, 07:31 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Bonny -- HUGE on the scales moving for you! I'm doing the happy-happy dance for you.

I love the Almond Silk Milk Unsweetened cause our Wally world doesn't have the Almond/Coconut blend either. but I agree with you, it's awesome in coffee. 30 kcals and 1 carb in 8 oz -- amazing!!!
Well, thanks Jo but I'm really having a hard time squeezing out a pound a week! I'm almost 25 lbs from goal so not sure why my body seems to want to stick where it is. I could understand the resistance maybe around 10 away but will just keep at it. As much as I went on about the Almond/Coconut Blend, mostly cause it cut the Almond, I have discovered the straight coconut and think I'll stay with that. Don't really care for any almond flavouring. I also finally weaned off any hwc mixed with the Silk and was having a hard time drinking it only to find it was my "Skinny Girl Stevia" that was putting an awful "aftertaste" in my coffee. Tried Splenda again this morning and the coffee was much better although 1 carb in Splenda whereas 0 in Skinny Girl. Oh well!! As always, thanks for your support.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: esquala
Hi everyone, first time poster.

I'm 56 and would love to lose 40 lbs. Started a few months ago lowering my carbs, saw immediate health results but no weight loss. Tried carb cycling ala the guy from Big Loser tv show (can't remember his name at the moment), but I just can't do 1200 calories a day. I starve on that, and the nighttime eating becomes very hard to control. I should know this by now, lol.

Started Atkins NDR three weeks ago, but no weight loss. Then started visiting 72, and am on day 6. Going ok, I already have been doing low carb, so its not a shock, I just miss my broccoli, lol. (Big veggie person here.)

Have lost five pounds this week - four the first day, then another pound Thursday. I guess the first four was water weight, even though pretty sure I was in ketosis from NDR weeks - I had extreme thirst. (When I've been on diets before, I can tell lipolysis happening because of the extreme thirst.) No inch loss yet (I just measure my waist, which is where I've gained the majority of my weight.)

Typical day for me:

B: Three eggs scrambled in one tbsp butter
1 oz cheese melted on top
coffee with one oz of sugar free french vanilla coffeemate (my one non-negotiable lol) and two oz HWC, few drops sugar twin cyclamate sweetener

Morning snack: two baked chicken livers

L: baked turkey thigh with skin
small salad with 1 oz ceasar dressing

D: hamburger patty, about 6 oz, tiny bit of low sugar ketchup, less than 1 serving, and mustard
dill pickle

I drink water throughout the day, and tea sweetened with sugar twin at meals.

I know this is not biologically zero carbs, but its the lowest I feel I can go, you know? I keep my carb glasses on and if I lose weight more slowly because of the coffeemate and sweetener, I'm ok with that.

Thank you for sharing your ups and downs, and holding people's hands through periods of stubborn scales. Love reading about everyone's experiences.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Good Saturday Morning Everybody!!

tweaker -- I feel for you, girlie! I know where you are coming from. But I'm glad you aren't throwing in the towel. Remember, we're LOSERS not Quitters...

I found a new way to tell people when I don't wanna eat their carb crap -- okay I LIE to their face but I don't have to be confrontational: Here's what I say.... "Hmmmmmm looks really tasty [yummy, good, etc] I'll try some in a little while." Funny how they don't come back and ask if I've tried it...
Jo
[/I][/center]
Thanks Jo. I know you've had your struggles, as have many others, and know where I'm coming from. I won't give up -- I can do this!

That's a great response, I think I'll try using it too, if you don't mind, ok?- and don't LIE to me!!

esquala - to the board, good luck to you on your journey!

Bonny - It really is a challenge to stick with it when the scale and body seem to have a mind of their own. Especially when that does not necessarily agree with our mindset.
You're doing great though, so hang in there!
Old 05-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Oh thanks dahlin'
I'm like everyone else who gets frustrated with sorry losses or sticking at the same pound for a long time. Way too much invested to even consider not sticking with it. Thanks though and all the best to you!!
Old 05-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monique
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Hi Monique! Have you tried using Heavy Whipping Cream or the Sugar Free Creamers? My BF uses the sugar free creamers without any problem.
I just bought some, I hope it's good :-)
Old 05-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, thanks Jo but I'm really having a hard time squeezing out a pound a week! I'm almost 25 lbs from goal so not sure why my body seems to want to stick where it is. I could understand the resistance maybe around 10 away but will just keep at it. As much as I went on about the Almond/Coconut Blend, mostly cause it cut the Almond, I have discovered the straight coconut and think I'll stay with that. Don't really care for any almond flavouring. I also finally weaned off any hwc mixed with the Silk and was having a hard time drinking it only to find it was my "Skinny Girl Stevia" that was putting an awful "aftertaste" in my coffee. Tried Splenda again this morning and the coffee was much better although 1 carb in Splenda whereas 0 in Skinny Girl. Oh well!! As always, thanks for your support.
Have you tired Da Vinci Free Sugar Syrups? OMG I use about 8 oz a day in my coffee -- the one I get has no carbs and it hasn't affected me at all. And boy does it make a lovely cup of coffee I feel guilty drinking it.

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post

That's a great response, I think I'll try using it too, if you don't mind, ok?- and don't LIE to me!!
I would NEVER LIE to you, girlie!! It really does work and you don't have to explain nuffin... PERFECT!

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

esquala to our LC WOE Party!!!

HUGE on your progress so far. You didn't say how many daily carbs you're having?

We can all understand & appreciate the not wanting to be hungry thingy, that's what got us in this mess to being with and you don't have to count kcals, that's just what some of us do -- like me.

This is a wonderful thread with many helpful and supportive people.

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh thanks dahlin'
I'm like everyone else who gets frustrated with sorry losses or sticking at the same pound for a long time. Way too much invested to even consider not sticking with it. Thanks though and all the best to you!!
I love your positive and persevering attitude -- that will certainly get you thru this and you'll be a LOSER again! Love you, girlie, you know I got your back!

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/199/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Having trouble with ads on this site. It seems like every time I click on something, it opens up a second window on my computer, bringing me to an Amazon site advertising a weight loss product. Anyone else have this problem, or know how to solve it? I didnt have an issue until I got my new computer. I put a pop-up blocker on, but it doesn't seem to be working on this website.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331.8/263.4/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
Hello again! It is nice to see all the new people here!

I found a post on another site that explains weight fluctuations so well. I have to share it with everyone here. It may be kind of long and rambling, but it is SO INFORMATIVE and may open your eyes to things you may not have known:

WHY THE SCALES CAN LIE

A biologist at Berkeley shared something very revealing on the low-carb BBS system about 4 years ago that helps us all through the erratic weight fluctuations you invariably encounter: Fat cells are resilient, stubborn little creatures that do not want to give up their actual cell volume. Over a period of weeks, maybe months of "proper dieting", each of your fat cells may have actually lost a good percentage of the actual fat contained in those cells. But the fat cells themselves, stubborn little guys, replace that lost fat with water to retain their size. That is, instead of shrinking to match the reduced amount of fat in the cell, they stay the same size! Result - you weigh the same, look the same, maybe even gained some scale weight, even though you have actually lost some serious fat.

The good news is that this water replacement is temporary. It's a defensive measure to keep your body from changing too rapidly. It allows the fat cell to counter the rapid change in cell composition, allowing for a slow, gradual reduction in cell size. The problem is, most people are frustrated with their apparent lack of success, assume they have lost nothing, and stop dieting.

However, if you give those fat cells some time, like 4-6 months, and ignore the scale weight fluctuations, your real weight/shape will slowly begin to show. The moral of the story - be patient! Your body is changing even if the number on the scale isn't.

PATTERNS OF WEIGHT LOSS

Common patterns of weight loss from tracking a lot of people who become assimilated into the low carb lifestyle, a pattern emerges.... the 2 week induction is pretty heady...weight lost just about every single day, enormous and unbelievable amounts of weight loss are reported. This is often followed by complaints that weight loss "stalls" or that the rate drops to only 1 pound per week.

Many people just don't know that fat-loss ...the actual goal when on a "weight-reduction" diet, is rate-limited. In other words, the human body has factors that prevent more than a certain amount of fatty-acid release from storage...and even more factors that prevent those released fatty acids from being used up instead of stored back into the fat cells.

A priority of the human body is survival. Anything that threatens its survival results in the cascade of events to maintain the previous status quo. Water fluctuations are one way the body does this. OK...so you done good on Atkins' during induction...lost 10 pounds the first 2 weeks. Maybe 7 the first week and 3 the second. But, whoa! Weeks 3 and 4 there is NO loss! And weeks 5 and 6 is only 1/2 pound each!

So... what gives? Initially, the body jettisons the water attached to the glycogen stores that we diligently deplete to get into ketosis...this accounts for about 3-5 pounds of water. In addition, muscle stores of glycogen are not being replaced when used...which will account for the rest. All in all...MAYBE 1/2 pound of fat was metabolized during the first week... and MAYBE 1/2 pound of fat was metabolized the 2nd week. Of that 10 initial pounds, only 1 pound was fat and 9 pounds water...

The body senses this lack and sirens start shrieking: Warning! Warning! Losing water... new thing...got to get back to the status quo! Brain tells body to produce and release that vasopressin anti-diuretic hormone....more water is retained, and no weight loss noticed. Fat loss is still occurring, MAYBE even 2 pounds per week, because ketosis is firmly established and appetite suppression is in effect...but water retention is hiding that continuing fat loss. The body is preventing dehydration with this mechanism, and that's a *good* thing.

From the perspective of the scale, it can be discouraging. Which is why the mantra: Water retention masks fat loss (repeated frequently to oneself) is helpful. Water retention will mask ongoing fat-loss for as long as the body retains the water. We can combat this by drinking more water...but we aren't going to totally overcome this mechanism during the initial water-loss phase of the Atkins diet. By weeks 5 and 6, things start to get back in balance, and the scale will begin to reflect the true fat-loss...which, as mentioned before is rate-limited.

Individuals vary, but max weight loss runs about 2 pounds per week...under extremely optimal conditions... or 1% of body weight (whichever is the lower number). So don't use the scale as an excuse to undermine your progress. Even when the scale is in a stall, fat loss can be occurring.

----------------

We've been told over an over again that daily weighing is unnecessary, yet many of us can't resist peeking at that number every morning. If you just can't bring yourself to toss the scale in the trash, you should definitely familiarize yourself with the factors that influence it's readings. From water retention to glycogen storage and changes in lean body mass, daily weight fluctuations are normal. They are not indicators of your success or failure. Once you understand how these mechanisms work, you can free yourself from the daily battle with the bathroom scale.

Water makes up about 60% of total body mass. Normal fluctuations in the body's water content can send scale-watchers into a tailspin if they don't understand what's happening. Two factors influencing water retention are water consumption and salt intake. Strange as it sounds, the less water you drink, the more of it your body retains. If you are even slightly dehydrated your body will hang onto it's water supplies with a vengeance, possibly causing the number on the scale to inch upward. The solution is to drink plenty of water.

Excess salt (sodium) can also play a big role in water retention. A single teaspoon of salt contains over 2,000 mg of sodium. Generally, we should only eat between 1,000 and 3,000 mg of sodium a day, so it's easy to go overboard. Sodium is a sneaky substance. You would expect it to be most highly concentrated in salty chips, nuts, and crackers. However, a food doesn't have to taste salty to be loaded with sodium. A half cup of instant pudding actually contains nearly four times as much sodium as an ounce of salted nuts, 460 mg in the pudding versus 123 mg in the nuts.

The more highly processed a food is, the more likely it is to have a high sodium content. That's why, when it comes to eating, it's wise to stick mainly to the basic whole foods. Be sure to read the labels on canned foods, boxed mixes, and frozen dinners.

Women may also retain several pounds of water prior to menstruation. This is very common and the weight will likely disappear as quickly as it arrives. Pre-menstrual water-weight gain can be minimized by drinking plenty of water, maintaining an exercise program, and keeping high-sodium processed foods to a minimum.

Another factor that can influence the scale is glycogen. Think of glycogen as a fuel tank full of stored carbohydrate. Some glycogen is stored in the liver and some is stored the muscles themselves. This energy reserve weighs more than a pound and it's packaged with 3-4 pounds of water when it's stored. Your glycogen supply will shrink during the day if you fail to take in enough carbohydrates.

As the glycogen supply shrinks you will experience a small imperceptible increase in appetite and your body will restore this fuel reserve along with it's associated water. It's normal to experience glycogen and water weight shifts of up to 2 pounds per day even with no changes in your calorie intake or activity level. These fluctuations have nothing to do with fat loss, although they can make for some unnecessarily dramatic weigh-ins if you're prone to obsessing over the number on the scale.

Otherwise rational people also tend to forget about the actual weight of the food they eat. For this reason, it's wise to weigh yourself first thing in the morning before you've had anything to eat or drink. Swallowing a bunch of food before you step on the scale is no different than putting a bunch of rocks in your pocket. The 5 pounds that you gain right after a huge dinner is not fat. It's the actual weight of everything you've had to eat and drink. The added weight of the meal will be gone several hours later when you've finished digesting it.

Exercise physiologists tell us that in order to store one pound of fat, you need to eat 3,500 calories more than your body is able to burn. In other words, to actually store the above dinner as 5 pounds of fat, it would have to contain a whopping 17,500 calories. This is not likely, in fact it's not humanly possible. So when the scale goes up 3 or 4 pounds overnight, rest easy, it's likely to be water, glycogen, and the weight of your dinner. Keep in mind that the 3,500 calorie rule works in reverse also. In order to lose one pound of fat you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in.

Generally, it's only possible to lose 1-2 pounds of fat per week. When you follow a very low calorie diet that causes your weight to drop 10 pounds in 7 days, it's physically impossible for all of that to be fat. What you're really losing is water, glycogen, and muscle.

This brings us to the scale's sneakiest attribute. It doesn't just weigh fat. It weighs muscle, bone, water, internal organs and all. When you lose "weight," that doesn't necessarily mean that you've lost fat. In fact, the scale has no way of telling you what you've lost (or gained). Losing muscle is nothing to celebrate. Muscle is a metabolically active tissue. The more muscle you have the more calories your body burns, even when you're just sitting around. That's one reason why a fit, active person is able to eat considerably more food than the dieter who is unwittingly destroying muscle tissue.

Robin Landis, author of "Body Fueling," compares fat and muscles to feathers and gold. One pound of fat is like a big fluffy, lumpy bunch of feathers, and one pound of muscle is small and valuable like a piece of gold. Obviously, you want to lose the dumpy, bulky feathers and keep the sleek beautiful gold. The problem with the scale is that it doesn't differentiate between the two. It can't tell you how much of your total body weight is lean tissue and how much is fat.

There are several other measuring techniques that can accomplish this, although they vary in convenience, accuracy, and cost. Skin-fold calipers pinch and measure fat folds at various locations on the body, hydrostatic (or underwater) weighing involves exhaling all of the air from your lungs before being lowered into a tank of water, and bioelectrical impedance measures the degree to which your body fat impedes a mild electrical current.

If the thought of being pinched, dunked, or gently zapped just doesn't appeal to you, don't worry. The best measurement tool of all turns out to be your very own eyes. How do you look? How do you feel? How do your clothes fit? Are your rings looser? Do your muscles feel firmer? These are the true measurements of success. If you are exercising and eating right, don't be discouraged by a small gain on the scale. Fluctuations are perfectly normal. Expect them to happen and take them in stride.

It's a matter of mind over scale.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:50 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday

Good Sunday Morning Everybody!!

HUGE to all those that had losses today! For those that didn't, remember the scales are EVIL!!

I was just writing in my journal this morning, that usually this time of the year for the past 14, I'd start motivating myself to lose the tonnage -- what with the end of school year and all.

Get started, entrenched into eating LC during summer break, return to school 20-30 lbs lighter and continue until I made my personal goal weight.

And I'm telling myself, HOLY HANNAH, I don't have to do that this summer, I just have to reap the bennies of being 123 lbs and stay the course. I am mentally so tuned to staying LC that even the thought of eating carb crap makes me ill.

Okay, I'm seriously doing the "happy-happy" dance!!

You all have a wonderful day and keep being LOSERS!!

Jo =]

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-18-2014, 04:56 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
I found a post on another site that explains weight fluctuations so well. I have to share it with everyone here. It may be kind of long and rambling, but it is SO INFORMATIVE and may open your eyes to things you may not have known:
Hey Pauletticus, welcome back! Do you have the reference source for this information? (URL etc?) I like to keep info like this for future reference. Thanks for sharing this info!!

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-18-2014, 05:08 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

What I failed to mention in my post above, was that in May 2013, I weighed 265 lbs and yo-yoed around until I really committed 100% to this WOE on 5 July 2013 -- my personal INDEPENDENCE Day. So in reality, I have lost a total of 142 lbs since May 2013 -- maybe I should change my stats... eh?

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-18-2014, 05:16 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Thank you Pauletticus for that info!!

My scale showed 1/2 pound gain yesterday morning and I was telling my hubby how I was actually ok with that because I am happy with what I eat and never hungry and I knew that the 1/2 pound was water. I know that I am doing everything right and that eventually the scale will reflect that.

I would have been so upset about this gain when I was doing the low-fat low calorie WOE!!! The 1/2 pound gain would have sent me into a fitful eating spree. I used to say to my hubby..."why should I starve all day and go to bed hungry just to see a gain? I can gain while I am eating anything I want!!"

I am so glad to finally be out of that crazy cycle. I still like to weigh everyday but I don't let it have an influence on how I am going to eat for the day. I LOVE my low carb WOE!!!!

JO - I am so happy for you that you are where you want to be ! I'm glad that you are here to give advice, encouragement and support to those of us who aren't yet. Thank you for being such an inspiration! I hope that someday I will be able to cheer others on towards their finish lines!

KIMBER
Old 05-18-2014, 05:58 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
Thank you Pauletticus for that info!!

My scale showed 1/2 pound gain yesterday morning and I was telling my hubby how I was actually ok with that because I am happy with what I eat and never hungry and I knew that the 1/2 pound was water. I know that I am doing everything right and that eventually the scale will reflect that.

I would have been so upset about this gain when I was doing the low-fat low calorie WOE!!! The 1/2 pound gain would have sent me into a fitful eating spree. I used to say to my hubby..."why should I starve all day and go to bed hungry just to see a gain? I can gain while I am eating anything I want!!"

I am so glad to finally be out of that crazy cycle. I still like to weigh everyday but I don't let it have an influence on how I am going to eat for the day. I LOVE my low carb WOE!!!!

JO - I am so happy for you that you are where you want to be ! I'm glad that you are here to give advice, encouragement and support to those of us who aren't yet. Thank you for being such an inspiration! I hope that someday I will be able to cheer others on towards their finish lines!

KIMBER
Thanks Kimber for the kinds words!

I think you are really rockin' this WOE, as long as you are eating clean (no cheats) you will definitely see the results you want. I have days where I eat more than I like (more kcals than I'd allow myself) because I'm hungry, but I go with it and eat legal. I too, LOVE this WOE and it works for me, which is the most important thing! I'm over here cheering you onward, you can do this!!

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 05-18-2014, 06:00 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Have you tired Da Vinci Free Sugar Syrups? OMG I use about 8 oz a day in my coffee -- the one I get has no carbs and it hasn't affected me at all. And boy does it make a lovely cup of coffee I feel guilty drinking it.
Black??? Eeewww, no I couldn't do that! I think I have a head thing about "seeing" the cream in my coffee?? There's even a certain shade of beige it has to be. Sounds silly I know but that's just me!
Old 05-18-2014, 06:22 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I love your positive and persevering attitude -- that will certainly get you thru this and you'll be a LOSER again! Love you, girlie, you know I got your back!
Ah Jo... you almost brought a tear to my eye! Seriously. Thank you so much for helping me. As I mentioned to Mthergoos, I wouldn't be here this long if it wasn't for people like you guys. You are so generous with your encouragement and support for so many on these threads. It's very heartwarming that you spend so much time giving others that pat on the back they need and I'm grateful for all of it! Your own journey is awe inspiring and it's clear that "attitude" is key, not to mention patience!! LOL. Love ya back. and again, thank you dear heart for all you've given me.

Kimber: Now that's the right attitude!! Don't let that darn scale define you!!! and low calorie diets totally SUCK!!! Don't ever do one again! KUTGW my dear!
Closed Thread