Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cadet12
I did a major no no! Questions about exercise too!

This past weekend aka Sunday and Monday , I kinda went off my diet.. I feel horrible that I did it! I kinda had my Pizza and Ice cream! I started back ASAP which was today! Im going back to eggs and bacon in the AM and Salad for lunch and 2 pieces of meat and eggs for dinner! My question really is exercise.. I noticed when I have exercised before, I seemed to not lose weight.(im the kind of person who has to see the scale moving to feel great). Also, what is the best Turkey I should get out of the deli at Kroger or Food Lion? Sarah Lee? Thanks!
Cadet12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Your best bet for lunch meat is Boars Head. They're the best quality I've found. I also don't lose when I exercise, so I'm not exercising until I'm at goal.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:30 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ceb65
I am another slow loser with exercise. I do a light routine with resistance bands 25-30 min 2-3 times a week, mostly for my joints, as I have arthritis in most of them! It also helps to tone my muscles as I am losing, but doesn't increase my appetite like strenuous exercise does.
ceb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:53 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aimee
Stats: 5' 7'' 238/186/150
WOE: LCHF and 1972 Atkins
Start Date: 01/11/2014
Funny you should mention that. I'm in the gym 4-6 times a week (45 min) and my weight loss has slowed to almost nil. Frustrating because I'm working harder than ever... but find I'm hungrier than ever too haha.

Take your tape measure out and measure your inches.. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. (That's the only thing that keeps me going)
Aimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:50 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Cadet don't be so hard on yourself -- we're only human. You got right back to the plan and that's awesome. Remember we're LOSERS not Quitters!! Wow I'm gonna have to make me a t-shirt that says that!!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”

Last edited by Just Jo; 05-01-2014 at 02:58 AM..
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:57 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
About exercise:
IMHO You can't exercise enough to really affect your weight loss unless you are a world class athlete working out 8+ hours a day. To me, it's like the cherry on top of this WOE. I've been tracking my walking and at 124lbs, I can walk 3 miles I only burn around 200 kcals. I've known lots of people doing this LC WOE that never exercise and have lost tons of weight, like MG above!

Aimee has an excellent point -- she mentioned being hungrier after a work out, so maybe people are eating after their work out which = upping their kcal intakes... just a thought!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:50 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/266/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
I have not looked at this thread for a couple days - noticed a new one just started! But I was meaning to post my Low Carb Orange Cream Cheesecake recipe for those who cared. I can't remember where I found it on the web, but it really is delicious and it makes a GREAT food to use when on a fat fast:

LOW CARB ORANGE CREAM CHEESECAKE 

1 box sugar free orange Jello
1/2 cup boiling water 

1 cup heavy cream 

16 ounces cream cheese, softened

In a small bowl, dissolve the Jello in the boiling water, stirring 1 min or 2. In a small bowl, whip the cream until stiff. In a medium bowl, using the same beaters used for the cream, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add tiny bits of the still liquid Jello to the cream cheese, beating well after each addition. If you add the liquid too quickly, you'll end up with a curdled mess. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Spread the mixture in a 10-inch glass pie plate; chill till set, several hours.
Makes 8 servings 
Do not freeze
Per Serving: 304 Calories; 31g Fat; 6g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber

The carbs can be reduced a bit if you are careful to use heavy cream with NO ADDED CARAGGENAN (a thickener they add to cream for some stupid reason). Some times it is hard to find cream without Carageenan, but I do see it every now and then.

I am going to make one tomorrow using unflavored gelatin and adding vanilla and a couple drops of maple extract for a rich, Maple Vanilla Cheesecake.

I really like this recipe, and just one piece is so filling and satisfying. It helps me keep my fat % up so I don't have to eat so much protein. Many times I just eat a piece of this for lunch. This time, I am going to divide the mixture into 8 little containers so it is easier to just grab a portion without trying to scoop it out of the pie pan. (Because there is no crust and it is thick and creamy, you kind of have to scoop your portion on to a plate).

I hope some of you try this!
PauletticusJ is offline   Reply With Quote