Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins '72 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-72/)
-   -   Im losing a pund a day and im worried about excess skin and gaining it back quick! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-72/829193-im-loosing-pund-day-im-worried-about-excess-skin-gaining-back-quick.html)

Cadet12 04-22-2014 12:13 PM

Im losing a pund a day and im worried about excess skin and gaining it back quick!
 
LOL I meant pound a day! So im losing a pound every 1-2 days, its coming off quick! I love seeing the scale go down, but im scared I'll have extra skin and the weight will come back really quick! I started at 238 and now down to 213...I have a good 65 pounds to still go. Im worried as soon as I go off all my weight will come back on.. How can I ignore these two things? :dunno:

MtherGoos 04-22-2014 12:33 PM

You just do. Don't look for problems, just focus on the journey. Trust me, the weight loss will slow down, and sometimes stop for weeks at a time, so while you're losing quickly, enjoy it and don't waste your time stressing about it.

As far as loose skin, that is going take time to know if you'll have it or not. It will depend, on age, weight history, genetics, etc. etc. etc........ The bottom line is, there really isn't much you can do about it. Use a good moisturizer, drink plenty of water, things like that, but it really isn't going to make that much of a difference. Loose skin can be hidden, looks fine with clothes, and is so much better than having all that extra weight.

Tweaker Geek 04-22-2014 02:51 PM

Cadet12 - you say your worried about when you go off -- do you mean you plan to lose the weight and then abandon the low carb WOL? I hope not, because then you will run the risk of a fast regain. Plan on losing the weight, finding the number of carbs you can consume to maintain and you won't have any problems. Resuming carb laden foods that put weight on in the first place with certainly result in regaining.

As MG said, enjoy the journey and loss as it's working for you now, you will experience highs and lows, stalls and gains as we all do but staying the course will get you to your goal.

reptogirl 04-22-2014 03:08 PM

I know I will end up with extra skin, I would rather carry around 15-20 pounds of skin than 200 pounds of blubbery fat- but hey that's just me

Cadet congrats on losing, proud of you, don't think of low carb as a quick fix, these are lifelong changes we have to make if not we will end back up here with an even more dysfunctional relationship with food,

Just Jo 04-26-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reptogirl (Post 16885684)
"carry around 15-20 pounds of skin than 200 pounds of blubbery fat"

Cadet congrats on losing, proud of you, don't think of low carb as a quick fix, these are lifelong changes we have to make if not we will end back up here with an even more dysfunctional relationship with food,

:hyst: :rofl: reptogirl you always crack me up!

Seriously Cadet congrats on the weight loss -- like everyone said before me -- enjoy the journey!! People in here would kill for 1 lb every 1-2 days. We want INSTANT results and anyone that says differently is a [insert expletive of your choosing] LIAR.

About the regaining portion of our program OMG I know we gain it back a lot quicker then we take it off and then we can add a few more lbs on top of that. I am an old pro at the gaining/losing game. But not anymore...

Do you not plan to stay doing the LC WOE forever? I've done that, lost the weight thought I could eat like normal carb eating people even got the T-shirts in size Medium to 4XL to prove it.

As for the loose skin, MG clued me into those body shaper tanks (undershirt), I think that's what they are called... they work wonders!!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:jumpjoy: I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”

Aimee 04-30-2014 08:33 AM

Whew... me thinks there are worse things to be worried about.. lol

Just Jo 05-01-2014 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimee (Post 16894123)
Whew... me thinks there are worse things to be worried about.. lol

:up: I agree Aimee. :)

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:jumpjoy: I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”

vessel of prayer 05-08-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadet12 (Post 16885513)
LOL I meant pound a day! So im losing a pound every 1-2 days, its coming off quick! I love seeing the scale go down, but im scared I'll have extra skin and the weight will come back really quick! I started at 238 and now down to 213...I have a good 65 pounds to still go. Im worried as soon as I go off all my weight will come back on.. How can I ignore these two things? :dunno:

I lost almost 100 pounds last time around. (gained it back during hubbys sickness and death.. well most of it anyhow) During the time I maintained, I did callenetics. I know we don't have to exercise to lose, but I swear, my tummy was almost flat. Even my arms looked good. You can google callenetics. I had the ten hr one. love it. still have it. just need to do it.

vessel of prayer 05-08-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vessel of prayer (Post 16904258)
I lost almost 100 pounds last time around. (gained it back during hubbys sickness and death.. well most of it anyhow) During the time I maintained, I did callenetics. I know we don't have to exercise to lose, but I swear, my tummy was almost flat. Even my arms looked good. You can google callenetics. I had the ten hr one. love it. still have it. just need to do it.

oh there use to be an exercise thread on here to for her a long while back. not sure if there still is tho.

Bonny-Jean 05-09-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vessel of prayer (Post 16904286)
oh there use to be an exercise thread on here to for her a long while back. not sure if there still is tho.

You could try:

The Exercise Board - Low Carb Friends

reptogirl 05-09-2014 07:01 PM

There is a Callanetics board on here

vessel of prayer 05-09-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reptogirl (Post 16905591)
There is a Callanetics board on here

thanks. thought so. I hate to work out but when I am done with the dvd, wow I feel so much better. Its getting up to do it.

reptogirl 05-12-2014 07:42 AM

My problem too, I started Callanetics did a couple of session, all that stretching feels amazing afterwards but like most good things for me quickly tossed aside, wish I could get started again, just been lacking the energy I had for awhile

vessel of prayer 05-16-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reptogirl (Post 16907736)
My problem too, I started Callanetics did a couple of session, all that stretching feels amazing afterwards but like most good things for me quickly tossed aside, wish I could get started again, just been lacking the energy I had for awhile

thats me too. no energy. I just took a multivitamin and went outside for 15 min. of sunlight to see if that helps. I also get on youtube and do some of the rumbas, or latin dances on there. I love to dance. I made it for a few min. haha. use to do the whole hr ..


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:02 AM.