Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins '72 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-72/)
-   -   Non - Scale Victories! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-72/829146-non-scale-victories.html)

mogirlinnc 04-21-2014 06:58 PM

Non - Scale Victories!

:jumpjoy:

Although my scale is continuing to show lower numbers, I am rejoicing in many NSVs!

1. Clothes I haven't been able to wear fit again. Specifically, I have found shorts and capris that I haven't been able to wear for years. I have only one pair of jeans that still fits me. The rest are so baggy it's annoying. Some of my shirts are too big, too!

2. I have been able to resist the Easter candy. :clap:

3. People I haven't seen recently are shocked at the difference.

4. I can see bones that I haven't seen a while.

5. I can do more push-ups more easily. Sit-ups are coming along.

6. I'm sleeping great and no longer have indigestion.

7. It's starting to be fun shopping for clothes again. I don't think I'm quite there for bathing suits, but shopping for an Easter dress was great!

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more!

What are some of your NSVs?

Michele

MtherGoos 04-22-2014 07:08 AM

There are so many! The NSVs are almost better than the scale numbers......almost! LOL

Being able to cross my legs
Not having to worry about whether or not I will fit into a booth
Being able to fit in an airplane seat
Running a 5k with my kids
Shopping and buying clothes I actually like
Being able to walk up a flight of stairs
Being able to keep up with my dogs when we go for walks in the desert
Wearing a belt

terilynn77 04-22-2014 12:06 PM

I love these!! So motivating!

I'm going the wrong way on these, but absolutely love hearing all yours! I wish we had a like button on here like Facebook!

mogirlinnc 04-22-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtherGoos (Post 16885139)
t
Running a 5k with my kids

Oh, MtherGoos, you have done a 5k! My hat goes off to you. That is a goal of mine. I can easily walk 2 miles now. I need to see if I can walk 3.2 miles. I definitely canNOT run that far.

I thought of a couple more:

I weigh less than my husband! Whoot whoot!
I am considered overweight now.

Michele

MtherGoos 04-22-2014 01:21 PM

Thanks Michele! I LOVED doing it, however I found out that adding in the exercise brought my losses to a screeching halt, so I quit until I get the rest of the way to goal.

You're doing a great job and have a lot to be proud of!

Tweaker Geek 04-22-2014 02:44 PM

MG - I'm right there with you on wearing a belt - I love belts and for many years couldn't wear them. Now I just don't feel right without a belt on my jeans, love it!!

Afterthought -- it's also a great motivator, getting to tighten up another notch is great but boy it opens your eyes if you feel a bit snug and go the other way.

Bonny-Jean 04-23-2014 06:11 PM

Oh yeah, belts. I remember those. How about tucking in a shirt! I can't wait to do that without a muffin top!!!

NSV:
1. Easily drying every inch of your body after a shower!
2. Tying shoes or doing up that little ankle strap on a sandal.
3. putting on socks and getting in and out of the car without grunting.
4. yard work without stopping every 10 mins!!

YAY FOR US!!!

MtherGoos 04-23-2014 06:16 PM

Love those Bonny! You made me remember one of my favorite ones ~

Being able to wrap a REGULAR size bath towel around my body, not having to use one of the great big ones!

mogirlinnc 04-23-2014 08:14 PM

Oh my gosh, Bonny and MG, you are right! I can wrap a towel around myself now. Yippee!

reptogirl 04-23-2014 09:38 PM

What's a regular towel :/ haha you all are doing awesome!!!!

mogirlinnc 04-24-2014 04:58 AM

Thanks, Repto girl!

I think part of my ability to wrap a towel around myself is coming from the purchase of new towels. We replaced some that I am sure I got at wedding showers, so they were 25 years old! I think the newer ones are a tad bigger, and I'm a tad smaller - so it works! LOL!

MtherGoos 04-24-2014 06:07 PM

Had another NSV today ~
Went to the Dr, and for the first time EVER, they didn't have to get the Large Cuff to take my blood pressure!

Bonny-Jean 04-25-2014 03:41 AM

AWESOME!!!

reptogirl 04-25-2014 11:09 AM

In the small town I live in there is walmart and then a couple other stores, one i know has plus sizes..but they don't have my plus size..I think they go up to 22 or 24, so okay it's not a NSv it is a non scale goal, laying in bed on my side I have a bit of a hip bone..that is a first!!!

Aimee 04-30-2014 08:35 AM

Awesome!!

*** the weighing less than your husband thing is the best! I'm finally there too.. Thank GOD! LOL

mogirlinnc 04-30-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimee (Post 16894125)
Awesome!!

*** the weighing less than your husband thing is the best! I'm finally there too.. Thank GOD! LOL

You aren't kidding! I remember the first time I was pregnant, and all the other ladies I knew who were pregnant were borrowing winter coats from their hubbies. Not me! LOL! He's always been a skinny guy.

Last10 05-04-2014 12:08 PM

All g you have terrific NSV's. I can relate to all of them.

I love that I have been wearing the same clothes for the last three years!

Bonny-Jean 05-05-2014 08:08 AM

Oh, got another one.

Sitting on the couch and realizing your legs are tucked UNDER you!!! LOL

MtherGoos 05-05-2014 03:29 PM

Way to go Bonny!

Last 10, maintenance is the hardest part, so that is a huge NSV!