Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cadet12
Is it normal for the scale to go up when exercising alot?!

as some of you read in my last post, I went completely off Atkins one night last week! I felt so bad doing it. Anyway im now on my 5th day back on atkins. Ive started working out for 2-3 hours a day! Trying to do it hardcore. When i first started atkins I was 238 and when I had my cheat night I was 224. I weighed this morning and I was 225! Is this normal when exercising? I'm thinking it could just be muscle. I noticed my pants are bigger and I'm looking smaller!
I'm just embarrassed about my weight Im eating three meals a day and having snacks inbetween them. So I can keep my meotabolsim up. Its nothing big.
Breakfast- 2 eggs and slice of bacon and 2 pieces of celery.
Snack- 4 pieces of celery and pepperoni (0carbs in pepperoni)
Lunch - 3 lettuce leaves 2 slices of turkeky and about a palm full of shredded cheese along with 2Tbs of ceaser dressing.
Snack- cheese stick
Dinner- Steak, porkchop, or chicken with zucchini, peppers, or both. ( Sometimes stuffed peppers without rice.) Then I add a boiled egg.
Im trying to drink 12 or more cups of water.
My daily exercise is (I just started this yesterday) -
235 jumping jacks
110 situps
95 squats
85 pushups (sometimes more)
Then 45 minutes biking and 45 minutes walking.
Thank you guys for your help! Its appreciated !

Last edited by Cadet12; 03-25-2014 at 08:49 AM..
Cadet12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/141.6/136
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Go job staying on track. If I eat pepperoni and any other processed foods I will gain weight, even if 0-1 carbs. I don't lose eating cheese products. I would be happy with only a pound gain given the sodium.

I walk 30 minutes a day. 90 when I don't do a Pilates Reformer class which is 60 minutes with weights. I do the class 4-5x a week. Walk the rest of the time.

My calories are 1000-1200 daily with 300 calorie burn on top of that. If I eat perfect I can shed 1 pound a week. If I'm lucky. We are all different.

If I have a cheat day with 50-75 carbs it takes me a week to get the weight back off.

We have a few people that come to mind, MthrGoose, just Jo what are shedding pounds very rapidly. Check out what/ how they eat and exercise. It's a big commitment but that's what works for most. Are you willing to take drastic measures to move and eat clean? As I always say, no magic bullet but you can make it work with very hard work.
Last10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I think, and this is just a theory, that when you rip your muscle fibers you do gain a little weight. I suspect this is water weight until the muscle repairs itself. I was dropping like crazy and then I had one specific workout that was like 2 weeks ago and honestly I have some muscles that are still soar from it and the weight drop stopped in its tracks. Now its coming off again. I will know if this theory hold true when I go to my first spin class later this week. Surely I will be mucho soar and the gluts and thighs are huge muscles so it should be evident if I am correct.

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Cadet, I lost my weight my without exercise, and only just started doing it. I believe that exercise is GREAT for your overall health, but doesn't necessarily make for scale losses. Especially in the beginning. So if you're going to exercise, just stick with it while your body gets used to it, and then your losses should show on the scale. Everyone is different. Some people find that they lose better when they exercise, some find that they lose better when they don't. I needed to see the scale move in order to stay motivated, so I waited until I was almost to goal before I started the exercise, knowing that it may slow the scale numbers, and I'm at a point now where I'm ok with that. But your clothes are getting looser, so you know it's working, regardless of what the scale says.
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cadet12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Cadet, I lost my weight my without exercise, and only just started doing it. I believe that exercise is GREAT for your overall health, but doesn't necessarily make for scale losses. Especially in the beginning. So if you're going to exercise, just stick with it while your body gets used to it, and then your losses should show on the scale. Everyone is different. Some people find that they lose better when they exercise, some find that they lose better when they don't. I needed to see the scale move in order to stay motivated, so I waited until I was almost to goal before I started the exercise, knowing that it may slow the scale numbers, and I'm at a point now where I'm ok with that. But your clothes are getting looser, so you know it's working, regardless of what the scale says.
The scale is finally moving down! I weighed in at 222, ehich is alot better then 238!
Cadet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Awesome! Congratulations!!!!
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote