Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cadet12
Im feeling hopeless..

Im on my 5th week of atkins. My weight has been stalled over a week and I count figure out why. Im keeping most of my carbs at 15-20 a day. I've been stuck between 225 and 224. 5-6 inches have been lost but no more in the past few weeks. Im feeling hopeless. Im looking in the mirror and still looking fat lol.Breakfast 2 pieces of bacon and an egg.
Lunch lettuce wraps with Turkey , cheese, mayo and hot sauce
Dinner- Meat and a handful of veggies and a boiled egg.
Any motivation? :/
Cadet12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
it just takes a long time to lose weight. we see the few people who can lose faster and get unreasonable expectations. if you expect a pound a week, you will probably not be so disappointed long term. if you have lost more than 5 lb, you are ahead for now... so be happy and stick to it!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Cadet - All I know is that the last time I was where you are at --- I quit doing Atkins..

I am now 109 pounds more.

Think about it.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:11 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Hey Cadet12!! Don't be discouraged, as long as you're following whatever version of low carb WOE you're doing, you should see results.

You said a handful of veggies? (some veggies will stall you) -- have you thought about doing a Food Log to calculate your carbs?

Are you male or female?

In any case, I wish you much success in your journey to lose the weight!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:13 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Cadet - All I know is that the last time I was where you are at --- I quit doing Atkins..

I am now 109 pounds more.

Think about it.
Hey Partyof7 -- I've been there and done that so many times it's scary! Now I know that A'72 is my WOE and WOL no more toxic carbs for me -- they kill the best parts of me, my health and my self-esteem!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-15-2014, 04:59 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

I don't do nuts or cheese cause they stall me and even make me crave carbs...

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-15-2014, 05:40 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
If you can stand to go on a bland, no seasonings diet for awhile I think you will see the scale start to move again. Believe me, this is VERY hard to do but it has worked for me twice before and I am on it again. The science behind it (I think) is that eating your food with no added seasonings fools your brain into thinking you are fasting. So no butter, salt, etc. You have to cook whole foods - no deli type stuff that has hidden seasonings. Google wholehealthsource - Food Reward: A Dominant Factor in Obesity, Part Vll the blog by Steven Guyanet and read about it. I am eating his suggested foods on level 5. Beef, a green vegetable and a small potato twice a day and just the beef and potato for breakfast. No snacking! He says to eat two regular meals a week if you do this level. I have used brocolli as my vegetable before but don't like the cooking smell in the kitchen. So this time around I have a salad with out dressing and just cut up the potato and heat up the ground beef chunks and mix it all together. The potato is cold because I am also reading up on how a cold potato is digested and does not raise your insulin levels on this thread Retrograding Potatoes (Resistant Starch)

I think you will see that you will lose something everyday if only a few ounces. You will not see the scale bounce up and down which is so frustrating because you will not have the water retention weight.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:03 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cadet12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Hey Cadet12!! Don't be discouraged, as long as you're following whatever version of low carb WOE you're doing, you should see results.

You said a handful of veggies? (some veggies will stall you) -- have you thought about doing a Food Log to calculate your carbs?

Are you male or female?

In any case, I wish you much success in your journey to lose the weight!

“This WOE is not a diet,

I am a female, The only veggies I eat daily is two leaves of lettuce and a handful of zucchini.I sometimes add peppers. What are your thoughts on working out daily?
Cadet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet12 View Post
I am a female, The only veggies I eat daily is two leaves of lettuce and a handful of zucchini.I sometimes add peppers. What are your thoughts on working out daily?
On a low carb WOE (A'72 version) you don't have to. I've know people that have lost a ton of weight without having to exercise -- just going about their normal lives. Exercising is just the cherry on top. I do exercise and I think it's really helped me lose the 120 lbs in 35 weeks.

I have a motto I've created for myself called SEAL (sorry if I've posted it before):

Stay Committed 100%
Eat & Exercise Properly
Accept the things I cannot control & change the things I can.
Live my life to be Successful!

I just looked up the carbs on zucchini (don't know which type you are eating) but there's approximately 4.4 carbs per cup (1.1 carb per oz). How many daily carbs are you shooting for?

“This WOE is not a diet,

Last edited by Just Jo; 03-16-2014 at 06:53 AM..
Old 03-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
If you can stand to go on a bland, no seasonings diet for awhile I think you will see the scale start to move again. Believe me, this is VERY hard to do but it has worked for me twice before and I am on it again. The science behind it (I think) is that eating your food with no added seasonings fools your brain into thinking you are fasting. So no butter, salt, etc. You have to cook whole foods - no deli type stuff that has hidden seasonings. Google wholehealthsource - Food Reward: A Dominant Factor in Obesity, Part Vll the blog by Steven Guyanet and read about it. I am eating his suggested foods on level 5. Beef, a green vegetable and a small potato twice a day and just the beef and potato for breakfast. No snacking! He says to eat two regular meals a week if you do this level. I have used brocolli as my vegetable before but don't like the cooking smell in the kitchen. So this time around I have a salad with out dressing and just cut up the potato and heat up the ground beef chunks and mix it all together. The potato is cold because I am also reading up on how a cold potato is digested and does not raise your insulin levels on this thread Retrograding Potatoes (Resistant Starch)

I think you will see that you will lose something everyday if only a few ounces. You will not see the scale bounce up and down which is so frustrating because you will not have the water retention weight.
Wow you eat potatoes? I didn't know potatoes were allowed on a low carb WOE. I know in Atkins '72, potatoes aren't allowed. If I ate potatoes it would kick start what I've worked so hard to avoid -- eating those toxic carbs. But if it works for you and you're getting the results you desire-- why stop now -- that's the beautiful thing about this WOE, you tailor it to work for you!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: larrsz
Stats: 240/237/203
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 17, 2014
Hang in there. I am with you and I know how you feel. I have also seen my wife almost give up after 5-6 weeks but managed to stick with it and when it kicked in, it REALLY kicked in. She has now met her goal and is enjoying life much more.

I, on the other hand, have been frustrated recently, but I am sticking with it after seeing what happened to her. The main thing is that this works differently for different people. She can "cheat" slightly but it seems I can't. In fact, this is why I am back to Atkins '72. Fiber affects me and not her as well as a bunch of other things (splenda, etc.).

In the 6 months we have been on Atkins together, she has lost all of the lbs she wanted and I have lost a fraction. That's why I am back to the strict 72 regimen.
larrsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:54 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrsz View Post
Hang in there. I am with you and I know how you feel. I have also seen my wife almost give up after 5-6 weeks but managed to stick with it and when it kicked in, it REALLY kicked in. She has now met her goal and is enjoying life much more.

I, on the other hand, have been frustrated recently, but I am sticking with it after seeing what happened to her. The main thing is that this works differently for different people. She can "cheat" slightly but it seems I can't. In fact, this is why I am back to Atkins '72. Fiber affects me and not her as well as a bunch of other things (splenda, etc.).

In the 6 months we have been on Atkins together, she has lost all of the lbs she wanted and I have lost a fraction. That's why I am back to the strict 72 regimen.
I know how you feel larrsz, what works for some in this WOE journey doesn't work for someone else. If I cheated, I'd have the cravings and gain the weight and and and... back to step one. I can't afford to cheat and so I watch everything I eat like a hawk. A '72 has always been successful for me to lose the weight especially the Induction Week 1 part -- now I'm working on finding my CCLM.

Wishing you much success in your LC WOE journey!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

That is such an inspiration that you have lost that much weight jo!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet12 View Post

How are you doing a week on, Cadet?
Interesting what I've learned in a year about exercise from this board . . . that I can lose weight without spending a hour everyday exercising. I do get some exercise everyday, but I don't "work out" like I used to. It is typically walking or yardwork.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is such an inspiration that you have lost that much weight jo!
Thanks Partyof7!! I'm going to be saying the same thing to you soon too!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Thanks Partyof7!! I'm going to be saying the same thing to you soon too!!
Thank you for your vote of confidence! I've pledged myself to a year of no bread, pasta, rice and sugar filled products. I figure I can't be any fatter next year!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you for your vote of confidence! I've pledged myself to a year of no bread, pasta, rice and sugar filled products. I figure I can't be any fatter next year!
LOL Partyof7 -- MtherGoos has a lovely quote on her signature line: "A year from now you'd wish you'd started today!" And you've already started, so you'll be thinner by next year and I am cheering you on!!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-24-2014, 04:21 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: way too much/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Keep at it. It is working. You just can't see it as dramatically as quickly as you want it to. But it will happen. You don't just wake up one day and go, oh, THERE I am. It's a process to discovering and accepting the new you.
Madmarsha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:07 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Cadet,
Are you still here?

I think 'expectations' are the downfall of many 'dieters'. We hear of how fast others lose and then set this calendar up in our heads that say "by such and such a date I'll be this weight"...and then get disappointed when we don't lose as fast as we think we should.

You just have to continue on and be patient and just accept whatever loss is normal *for you*.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote