Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cadet12
On atkins can I lose 30 in 3-4 months? Any tips ?

I'm now statring my 4th week on atkins. I am down 10 pounds! 5 inches in the waist. I have a really big trip coming up in May, and I'd like to be smaller and comfortable in clothes! I started at 238 and I'm down to 228. Also, can I drink Decaf or will that mess my diet up? Anyone had that problem like did it stall?Any tips? Thank you
Cadet12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/129.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I don't drink coffee, but I do drink a lot of Diet Pepsi and that has caffeine in it and it hasn't been a problem for me. Everyone is different though, so you may just have to try it and see how if it affects you.

How quickly you will continue to lose is also different for everyone. It depends on health, hormones, dieting history, etc. But, whether you lose the whole 30 pounds or not, as long as you stay consistent you'll definitely be a lot closer! Keep up the good work!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MSNLA
Losing 30 lbs in 3 - 4 months should be really doable if you tweak your eating to determine what works for you and your own personal fat burning/weight loss process. That is plenty of time to get it down to your own personal science and maximize your weight loss potential.
MSNLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:50 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
I drink coffee and don't have any problems with caffeine. What stalls me is cheese and nuts -- so I avoid those. I lost 65lbs in 3 months and 80 by end of month 4. So it's do-able if you follow whatever low carb WOE you are doing. Wishing you much success in your low carb journey!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Cadet, no diet is a quick fix. I see that you have posted several pleas for help.

I think it would be very valuable for you to post a day by day honest counting of every bite you et along with everything you drank. Also post your exercise and how long you did it.

The 10 pounds that you lost is incredible. How old are you? Any medications that may stall you? How tall are you?

Stay the course and you will see results.
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rustygramma
Just Jo - What were you eating that you lost so quickly? I am eating under 20 carbs a day and have lost 2-3 lbs a week. I have to have surgery in 6 weeks and would love to speed it up to make that process easier.
rustygramma is offline   Reply With Quote