Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LadyN
Stats: 299/232/130
WOE: Atkins 72/IF/dairy free
Start Date: 08/20/2012 Restart
Your plans for the Holidays

I know that there is a thread over in the Main Lobby just like this, but I am wondering about us that stick to the '72 version induction.

I know for me I have a hard time resisting the LC options that I make for my family. The only thing that keeps me out of most of them is the fact that they have dairy in some form in them. But the veggies and the pumpkin bake and the dressing are all dairy free items. I don't have a problem with high carb stuff. There will only be 2 dishes that are not low carb at my house anyway.

So, I am not sure if I will indulge at all. Right now I don't really crave any of that, but when I make it and smell it I think it will be another story. Last year it was, but I was able to go right back to the level of carbs I was eating before. So I didn't go on any type of carb binge. I just ate MORE Low Carb items than I normally would have eaten.

My plan right now is to only eat up to 20 grams TOTAL carbs on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas day only. I will go right back to induction levels after those two days.

What have you planned to do? How have you done in the past? Was it successful or not?
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me Phil 4:13

Mini Goal: 250 met in May
Mini Goal: 200
Mini goal #2: For my current wardrobe to be too big (26-28) May hit size 22-24!
Next Goal: size 16-18 by BDAY in March
Walk 3 days a week
LadyN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I'm just planning on having the turkey and avoiding everything else. I don't want to take any chances of going off plan and not getting back on during the holidays.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
I had a nice wordy post, then decided to go with a simple answer. I plan to take off Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas.

In the past, the slope was too slippery and I fell. This will be the first time I know so much more about eating low carb and won't hesitate to get right back on. I also know that I'll have way less food than in the past - a tablespoon or two of this and that as opposed to a few heaps of each! If I could ever find a low carb pecan pie that tastes out of this world, I might could stay on plan. Give me turkey and pecan pie and I'm a happy camper.

I know this kind of topic can get kind of heated when it's brought up in the ML, which is why I ain't answering over there! But in the end it's a personal decision for each of us. This is mine.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I had a nice wordy post, then decided to go with a simple answer. I plan to take off Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas.

In the past, the slope was too slippery and I fell. This will be the first time I know so much more about eating low carb and won't hesitate to get right back on. I also know that I'll have way less food than in the past - a tablespoon or two of this and that as opposed to a few heaps of each! If I could ever find a low carb pecan pie that tastes out of this world, I might could stay on plan. Give me turkey and pecan pie and I'm a happy camper.

I know this kind of topic can get kind of heated when it's brought up in the ML, which is why I ain't answering over there! But in the end it's a personal decision for each of us. This is mine.
See, you are approaching this with your head in the game THIS time! You will be fine. Each one of us has to find that "place" that works for us during these times. I applaud you really thinking this through and having a real plan!!!

My philosophy is that this MUST be our way of life for life! That means that if once a year you eat something you don't typically eat and it is OK! LOL! Your everyday way of eating has not changed!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CherylS
Stats: 240/190/130
WOE: Was HcG, now Atkins 72
Start Date: July, 2010/July 2012
I have been lurking a bit.. But I am jumping in here. This year I (hopefully ) really accept and embrace that I am a carb addict, and that with trigger foods there is no such thing as just a taste. Just because it is low carb and healthy for 99% of the world doesn't mean it won't send me spiraling into a months-long binge. That said, I will probably indulge in green beans, black olives, and gravy thickened with guar or xanthum, since I am allergic to wheat & corn. I may do a pumpkin something with whipped heavy cream, or not. Other sweets that are brought into the house or office don't tempt me because they almost always have wheat or corn syrup. Sometimes an allergy can be a blessing.
My philosophy the rest of the year is to not focus on what I can't eat but to focus on what I can eat. And if other people eat 12 lbs of sugar and have no ill effects, good for them. I feel very comfortable eating Atkins 72, am losing almost at the rate I did on HcG, and I get to eat butter. And eggs. And pork. And.....
CherylS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylS View Post
I have been lurking a bit.. But I am jumping in here. This year I (hopefully ) really accept and embrace that I am a carb addict, and that with trigger foods there is no such thing as just a taste. Just because it is low carb and healthy for 99% of the world doesn't mean it won't send me spiraling into a months-long binge. That said, I will probably indulge in green beans, black olives, and gravy thickened with guar or xanthum, since I am allergic to wheat & corn. I may do a pumpkin something with whipped heavy cream, or not. Other sweets that are brought into the house or office don't tempt me because they almost always have wheat or corn syrup. Sometimes an allergy can be a blessing.
My philosophy the rest of the year is to not focus on what I can't eat but to focus on what I can eat. And if other people eat 12 lbs of sugar and have no ill effects, good for them. I feel very comfortable eating Atkins 72, am losing almost at the rate I did on HcG, and I get to eat butter. And eggs. And pork. And.....
YES! I can't eat wheat or dairy! That makes it a lot easier for me. I love Atkins 72 as well! Boy we sure do get to eat a LOT of good food!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyN View Post
See, you are approaching this with your head in the game THIS time! You will be fine. Each one of us has to find that "place" that works for us during these times. I applaud you really thinking this through and having a real plan!!!

My philosophy is that this MUST be our way of life for life! That means that if once a year you eat something you don't typically eat and it is OK! LOL! Your everyday way of eating has not changed!
Thank you, LadyN. I think it'd be easier if I was allergic to stuff like you and Cheryl mentioned, but I have no allergies to anything!

I'll be honest. I've been so mindful of everything that has gone into my mouth for the last few months that I just want to be able to enjoy those chosen days, relax, and not beat myself up if I go over to the dark side for a bit.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:03 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CherylS
Stats: 240/190/130
WOE: Was HcG, now Atkins 72
Start Date: July, 2010/July 2012
Vanilla, Relax & enjoy what you choose to eat. your head seems to be in the right place, and I truly believe that all the fat we get to eat gives us that strength to do what is right for us.
Cheryl
CherylS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Thank you, LadyN. I think it'd be easier if I was allergic to stuff like you and Cheryl mentioned, but I have no allergies to anything!

I'll be honest. I've been so mindful of everything that has gone into my mouth for the last few months that I just want to be able to enjoy those chosen days, relax, and not beat myself up if I go over to the dark side for a bit.
LOL! (the dark side) But you are not in the dark!!! You are quite enlightened on what you need to do and have a solid plan of attack!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

I certainly hope so, ladies, and HOPE this doesn't come back to bite me in the butt!

Cheryl, I agree on the fat!!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyN View Post

This is such a good post. I especially like the wisdom you express when you state "Each one of us has to find that 'place' that works for us during these times".

I plan on having only the turkey and some roasted broccoli, but like another poster, it is easier for me because I can't eat glutens and haven't been able to for many years so I'm used to not eating any of the special but high carb food.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote