Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #1201
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1 View Post
Hi All,

I have been lurking for a while and have enjoyed reading your posts. Very informative. I am presently doing hcg but am looking at switching to Atkins.

I tried low carb in the past but doing my own thing, without a real plan. Never did Induction or added foods or carbs in slowly. I ate about 1000 calories and kept my carbs around 30. I can see now why I was not successful.

I am going to scout out the used books stores and thrift shops and see if I can nab a copy of the original Atkins.

In the meantime, I thank you for all your expertise and advice.

I did RXHCG and got from 275.8 to where I am now. Actually I am on PH3 of HCG but decided to try LC WOE to see if I could loose that way.I have been but it is sure slow.But that is the best way really!
I think after HCG you will thouroughly enjoy Atkins

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #1202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
A big thank you to the lovely lady that suggested using mayo in the oopsie rolls (can't remember if it's repti or Berta). I made a batch and they turned out so puffy and yummy! Once I get hungry tonight I am going to use them to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

Its been one of THOSE days. I either ate something wrong or am emotionally triggered because I'm having a lot of cravings. I ate a minute muffin last night and used a couple sprays of cinnamon breath spray today which could be the culprits. But also I was in a stressful meeting today and had to go talk to my lawyer about a pending case. So who knows. I'm not worrying about it too much. I'm not restricting how much I eat, but am determined to stay on plan.....thanks to those oopsie rolls
Old 04-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #1203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread. My friend Berta invited me over.
I'm just into my third week. Lost 7 lbs the first week, and only one the second.
However, today is measure day, and I'm down 5 inches this week! So 9 inches in two weeks.
I guess I'm due a "whoosh". (not sure what that is, but everyone seems happy about it!)

I did Atkins as a kid with my Mom back in the 70's. Too bad I didn't understand it and keep up with it!

I need to try the Oopies Berta's way. Sounds awesome!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:49 PM   #1204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
i was wondering what everyone's opinion on hunger , I notice I crave more with no veggies cause don't fill me at the meal, so if having more food a bad thing and is calories need to be watched. I'm at my weight goal so no need lose but don;t mind if I do but just wondering opinion?

thank you
Old 04-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #1205
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: moondogii
WOE: LC
Start Date: Jan 2014
Ever since I switched to the Atkins 72 I haven't really been hungry..
Old 04-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #1206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/192/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Berta--just a refresher about Atkins 72. After the first week, you CAN add the veggies you are craving. Here's the instructions:Put back what you’ve missed the most: The idea is simply to gradually return to your diet first what you missed most. Custom-tailor the diet to suit your carbohydrate additions to suit your lifestyle. All that matters is that you add back to your diet a little carbohydrate at a time, and that you stop adding carbohydrate when you reach your CCL.
How to know when to put back a little carbohydrate: Ask yourself: Are the keto-stix still turning purple? Am I still un-hungry? Have I stopped eating at night? Do I have more energy? Am I still losing weight or inches nicely? Remember, your tape measure is a lot better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat (not just temporary water) losses this diet achieves.
The Second Level: At each level, remember you add approximately five to eight grams of carbohydrate daily for a week and analyze the results.
The Diet Revolution Vegetables (not for level one): All of the above plus; Asparagus, Avocado, Bamboo Shoots, Bean Sprouts, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chard, Chinese Cabbage, eggplant, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions, Peppers, Pumpkins, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Snow Pea Pods, Spinach, String Beans, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Turnips, Water Chestnuts, Wax Beans, Zucchini Squash

Now, from what you've said, you're still not sure about those ketostix, and you're not losing like you'd like. So you'd have to evaluate--all the rest seems like you're "there!" I agree with what was said before, it seems like your body may need longer to adjust to Atkins after what it's been through. I know mine did. But you have to make this a WOE you can live with, and it sounds like you need veggies! You can always go back to induction in a month or two if you want, if at that point you feel you need to "jumpstart" things again.
In any case, since no one has answered your question, OF COURSE you can still hang here! Just remember that periodically people might forget you are not doing 72 Atkins, and may comment on something you're eating, since it might not fit the program.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:22 PM   #1207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Yes please hang around Berta I would miss you!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #1208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Berta- could you please post your recipe for your oopsie rolls and also explain how you make the french toast? Think Davyd would love them!!!! One of his favorite things in the world is pancakes, so, that might be close enough!! Thanks!!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #1209
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mogirlinnc
Stats: 198.5/171/135?
Start Date: back again - April 2014
I am making the oopsies with mayo, too. Thank you, Berta!!

Tonight, I made some oopsies in a pie pan so they were a little bigger, and made an oopsie pizza. Walmart Pizza sauce - very low carb (and cheap) and some fresh mozzarella. It didn't really taste like pizza, but it did taste a whole lot like eggplant parm. To me anyway. It think it was the eggy taste and the mouth feel. I think I'll be eating more of those.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #1210
Senior LCF Member

Mogirl- when u want to do the pizza rev rolls, add some spices to the mix garlic powder, onion powder, helps take out some of the eggy taste
Old 04-29-2014, 08:51 PM   #1211
Berta48

REVOLUTION ROLLS
Pre-heat oven 300F

4eggs
1/4-1/2tsp cream of tarter
3egg yolks(from the first four can save the one yolk for later meal if want.I usually just pitch it)
3TBS Mayo
1tsp Sugar free vanilla extract
Place the separated egg whites in a COLD bowl and add cream of tarter. Beat for about 3min on high with mixer until stiff.
Cream together the yolks,mayo,vanilla and sweetner if so desire, also can add some coconut oil if you like.But they don't puff up quite as much with it in.

Gently fold the yolk mixture into the whites and FOLD over very carefully with a spatual being careful not to break down the white to much. It is okay if it isn't all mixed in completely.But mix in a little at a time.

Place parchment paper on cookie sheet or oiled pan and mound into 6 piles. Gently press into a roll shape. Bake in oven for 30 min let cool before removing them. Store in a bag or container with the parchment paper between each roll.

FOR FRENCH TOAST.....
Beat eggs in bowl, dip the rev rolls in the egg, place in skillet, sprinkle cinnamon on top and fry in butter until they puff and brown. Eat with SF syrup or SF jelly or Jam (if on that Phase where you are allowed fruit.)
ENJOY

Last edited by Berta48; 04-29-2014 at 08:53 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #1212
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogirlinnc View Post
I am making the oopsies with mayo, too. Thank you, Berta!!

Tonight, I made some oopsies in a pie pan so they were a little bigger, and made an oopsie pizza. Walmart Pizza sauce - very low carb (and cheap) and some fresh mozzarella. It didn't really taste like pizza, but it did taste a whole lot like eggplant parm. To me anyway. It think it was the eggy taste and the mouth feel. I think I'll be eating more of those.
Have you tried the cheese crust for Pizza OR caulliflower one? I have had the cheese one before.It is good but have to eat it with a fork.I haven't ever tried the cauliflower one.

Last edited by Berta48; 04-29-2014 at 09:00 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 09:07 PM   #1213
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Berta--just a refresher about Atkins 72. After the first week, you CAN add the veggies you are craving. Here's the instructions:Put back what you’ve missed the most: The idea is simply to gradually return to your diet first what you missed most. Custom-tailor the diet to suit your carbohydrate additions to suit your lifestyle. All that matters is that you add back to your diet a little carbohydrate at a time, and that you stop adding carbohydrate when you reach your CCL.
How to know when to put back a little carbohydrate: Ask yourself: Are the keto-stix still turning purple? Am I still un-hungry? Have I stopped eating at night? Do I have more energy? Am I still losing weight or inches nicely? Remember, your tape measure is a lot better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat (not just temporary water) losses this diet achieves.
The Second Level: At each level, remember you add approximately five to eight grams of carbohydrate daily for a week and analyze the results.
The Diet Revolution Vegetables (not for level one): All of the above plus; Asparagus, Avocado, Bamboo Shoots, Bean Sprouts, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chard, Chinese Cabbage, eggplant, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions, Peppers, Pumpkins, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Snow Pea Pods, Spinach, String Beans, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Turnips, Water Chestnuts, Wax Beans, Zucchini Squash

Now, from what you've said, you're still not sure about those ketostix, and you're not losing like you'd like. So you'd have to evaluate--all the rest seems like you're "there!" I agree with what was said before, it seems like your body may need longer to adjust to Atkins after what it's been through. I know mine did. But you have to make this a WOE you can live with, and it sounds like you need veggies! You can always go back to induction in a month or two if you want, if at that point you feel you need to "jumpstart" things again.
In any case, since no one has answered your question, OF COURSE you can still hang here! Just remember that periodically people might forget you are not doing 72 Atkins, and may comment on something you're eating, since it might not fit the program.
I understand and thanks so much!!! I feel either plan will work if followed.Both books were writeen by Dr. Atkins it's the later versions after he passed that are so lienient.
I though tonight how good a bacon, lettuce & tomatoe with mayo would be on a REV ROLL
I have mostly been following the 92 since that is the book I have. So it's not like I am switching plans mid stream!And the keto stocks are starting to turn purple not real dark but turning

AWWW thanks REPTO. You all mean alot to me.I've been on other threads where no one hardly ever spoke to me.I need encouragement just like anyone else And I believe there is always more than oneway to do anything.

GLIDER

So happy you are here this is a GRRRREAT bunch of supportive ladies.They know their stuff are kind , considerate and friendly.

A WHOSH is drop in weight caused bu a vidsit from the whoosh fairySend her my way tonight please! I've been good

Last edited by Berta48; 04-29-2014 at 09:17 PM..
Old 04-30-2014, 03:50 AM   #1214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250

Good Wednesday Morning, Everybody!!

reptogirl -- Sorry to hear the previous owners of your new home were such pigs!! Like Romy said, people should have more respect & pride for their property.

How come you can't have your favorite creamer, they don't make it low carb or sugar free? I have International Delight Liquid Coffee Creamer and it has 20 kcals and 1 carb per Tablespoon.

Romy -- Love your advice to Berta! That is so spot on!

Last10 -- Dang, thanks for correcting that. Cause I'm thinking gees, 75-100 carbs what kinda low carb WOE are you on cause I'd be all jealous and stuff??

michelle -- Congrats on your Davyd! That is such awesome news. Since you probably have no idea how many carbs he was eating before this new WOE, he probably cut his carb intake a huge amount and any reduction in carbs is a good thing. He'll be a new "man" when he starts school in the fall -- I'm excited for him. You'll have to keep us posted!!

Berta -- Of course you can continue to post here!!

moondogii & crazy -- to our LC WOE Party!!

glidegirl -- to our LC WOE Party!! And thank you so much for this: "I guess I'm due a "whoosh". (not sure what that is, but everyone seems happy about it!)" I almost PMP laughing so hard!!

natosha -- Don't worry over much about the kcals (calories) eat/drink when hungry/thirsty and keep your carbs low. But here's what Dr. A said about kcals (calories):

Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution
1992, 1999, 2002
p.143

“Although there is no need to count calories, they do matter. Gaining weight results from taking in more calories than you expend through exercise, thermogenesis, and other metabolic functions. Research has shown that on a controlled carbohydrate program, more calories are burned than in a low fat/high carb diet so that there is a certain metabolic advantage to the controlled carb approach. But understand that this does not give you a license to gorge.”

Dr. Atkins Super Energy Diet
p.205

“If weight loss stops short of your ideal weight, even though you are producing ketones. You must conclude that the quantities within the diet are too great. The diet usually works best with just enough calories to stave off hunger. Too many people misinterpret the instructions regarding the diet as “Eat Unrestrictedly.” When they do this they will still lose weight in the beginning, which will reinforce their assurance that no heed whatever need be paid to quantities. In most cases, this practice will lead to a stalemate partway to the desired goal”.

p.205
“You may have to count calories in addition to carbohydrate. I have never said that calories don’t count, because I know of course that they do. I say that carbohydrate counts more. If your case is especially difficult, you may have to count both.

For most people, restricting carbohydrates is all that is necessary. However, there is no question that a 1500 calories 10 gram diet will take more weight off, and more quickly than a 2000 calorie-10 gram diet. So if you are having trouble losing you should cut down on your quantities, but not to the point where you where you have to put up with discomfort or hunger”

Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution
p.275

“Q. Don’t calories play any role?

A. There’s no question—of course they do. A 1500-calorie, 10-gram diet will take more weight off—and more quickly—than a 2000-calorie, 10-gram diet. If the carbohydrate levels remain unchanged, then the extra caloric intake does make a difference. People who eat out of force of habit and don’t cut their quantities lose more slowly because of their high caloric intake.

If you can cut down on your quantities, you are better off to do so—but not when it gets to the point where you have to put up with discomfort or hunger.

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Old 04-30-2014, 05:12 AM   #1215
Senior LCF Member

Justjo-I looked at the international delight and the second ingredient was HFCS,made me cry a little inside.

Mom is up to 19.8 pounds lost!!! I was down a few tenths from yesterday but still more than my weight 5 days ago, so I'm not changing my profile weight..that pesky TOM will not get the satisfaction of me reporting a real gain..because it's not real..is frustrating that us females have to deal with silly water weight, as if the torture of TOM wasn't enough by itself. But I am hoping for a more comfortable time, going gluten free did wonders, I have been cramp free for a year, before I would pace the floor, double over crying, even some trips to e.r. Where the pain was so unbearable...I still have the back pain, which hurts bad enough, so I'm hoping that those will disappear too.

My whole body hurts right now, but it's from cleaning the house..in two days we pretty much have two rooms done already,as in bagging up trash and sorting through stuff we could possibly sell. The scraping paint, repainting, tearing up carpet and flooring will come later.

Here soon we should be heading over there for another day of work...wish me a pain free successful day
Old 04-30-2014, 05:29 AM   #1216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post

Good Wednesday Morning, Everybody!!
Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution
1992, 1999, 2002
p.143

“Although there is no need to count calories, they do matter.
Dear Just Jo - thank you so much for this reminder....
I need this ever so often...
Why do I keep playing with such a simple plan?
I blame those horrible hormones that drive me to distraction...
You inspire me to continue with what you have lost...
Good luck on finding your range for maintenance...
I'm rooting for you guys all the way!!! Stick to the plan it works!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:45 AM   #1217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Just Jo, my carbs are not as low as yours. I generally eat round 25 carbs. I may have to lower that to get these last 10 off. I have a goal to shed them by summers end so may need to be more strict with myself. The scale will determine, but more my level of commitment and determination will determine whether I finally reach my life's goal. You really inspire me! Thank you.

DAVYD rocks! Bless his heart. Please tell him we are all cheering for him!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #1218
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Have you tried the cheese crust for Pizza OR caulliflower one? I have had the cheese one before.It is good but have to eat it with a fork.I haven't ever tried the cauliflower one.
Have you ever tried making a meatzza? So yummy!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:39 AM   #1219
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlaneyLynn View Post
Have you ever tried making a meatzza? So yummy!
No I have not....
RECIPE PLEASE I am a variety person I can not and don't want to eat the same thing every day so thanks.
Here's one ....
On MY plan(Atkins92) tomatoe is allowed on Induction.So you might not be able to add the tomatoes but here is a recipe for.....

Pizza Frittata Yields 6 servings
1tbs Heavy W cream
3 slices pepperoni slices
1 pork sausage link
1 med tomato
6 lrg eggs
1 small onion

Pre heat oven to 350F
Remove sausage from casing and brown in a 8 in skillet along with the onion and pepperoni.

While meat and onions are browning, beat the eggs with the heavy cream.
Pour on top of hte meat in the skillet and let cook for 2 min.

While the frittata is on the stove top, slice tomato(if using)and place on top in a circle or whatever pattern you want.
After the 2 min. is up, place entire skillet in the oven for 12-15 mnutes

After cooked remove from oven and top with cilantro & parmesan cheese if so desired.

I can't give credit to where it is from as it is a different site.I have no nutrition info. But it doesn't seem like it would be much. IF you only ate one serving It to me sounds like it could be two servings.What is YOUR opinion?

Last edited by Berta48; 04-30-2014 at 10:44 AM..
Old 04-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #1220
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post

No I have not....
RECIPE PLEASE I am a variety person I can not and don't want to eat the same thing every day so thanks.

Sure. I'm pretty loosey goosey with my recipes, so you can google meatzza if this is too vague.

Basically just take ground beef, add an egg and whatever italian seasonings you like and mix it together well. Push the meat mixture into the bottom of your pan and spread it out to cover the entire bottom and up the sides of the pan (just like you would pizza dough). Throw in the oven at about 350 for 15 minutes or so until the meat is brown. Remove from the oven and drain off the grease (if you choose to) then add sauce (if you are eating tomatoes) then top with whatever you like - pepperoni, sausage, any veges you can eat and cover with grated cheese. Stick it back in the oven with the broiler on high and broil for 2-3 minutes. Watch it because it cooks quickly. Once the cheese is melted and browned it is done. After it cools for a few minutes it can be sliced and eaten just like pizza. It is even better cold the next day! My kiddo loves this! It might be a good treat for your son, Michelle. You can make it completely A72 induction friendly or add vege's if you are working more on OWL.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #1221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimWithin26
Stats: Start 321.4/281.8/253.4/199
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: March 16, 2014
Hey everyone. TOM is about to visit and I am craving all kinds of crazy. Have not had anything but did see Russell Stovers candies in Walgreens. Thought about them but left them in the store cause wasnt sure. Will malitol stall your weight loss?

Any suggestions on how to cut the "sweet" cravings til TOM goes away!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #1222
Berta48

Dlaney
MMMM that does sound good!!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimWithin26 View Post
Hey everyone. TOM is about to visit and I am craving all kinds of crazy. Have not had anything but did see Russell Stovers candies in Walgreens. Thought about them but left them in the store cause wasnt sure. Will malitol stall your weight loss?

Any suggestions on how to cut the "sweet" cravings til TOM goes away!
SF JELLO OR coconut crack if you are to where you can have unsweetend cocoa.

Last edited by Berta48; 04-30-2014 at 01:44 PM..
Old 04-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #1223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
Hello. Super bad storm here. 24" of rain in last 24 hours! Our area was on national news! I live near Pensacola and Gulf Breeze, FL. The little creek in our backyard is a river today! Thank God, we escaped our house being flooded! But many around us are flooded.
Anyway...I'm down 1lb. Still no "whoosh" (maybe I shouldn't say that, as I still am not sure what that is!) But I have the good ol' Low Carb Breath, so I'm ok.
Thanks for the recipe ideas! As soon as I feel better, I'm going to try the "Boopsies". Berta's version of Oopsies.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #1224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/192/165
Start Date: Feb 2014
"Boopsies"--I love it!!
I *think* I have finally lost another pound! Tomorrow will tell (I never believe it until I see it twice!). I started strict Atkins 72 induction minus the salad last Monday. By THursday, I felt in ketosis. Then we went out to dinner Friday. Although I was promised the burger I ate was 100% meat, on Sat I could feel I was not in the same degree of ketosis as I had been the day before. I stayed on the plan, and finally yesterday felt like I was in ketosis again. So, now I see why a few of you say you do NOT eat out! I feel like I lost 10 days from one meal! I'm trying not to grouse about it, but treat it as a learning experience.
I also have had to force myself to up my caloric intake a little. I had been getting light-headed when doing 2 flights of stairs, and when doing gardening. Bumping up 300 cal/day seems to have taken care of that. I never felt hungry, and I would have rather stayed with the reduced calories to speed weight loss. But, I'm trying to eat to fuel my body and not for any other reason, so I guess this is a good lesson that way, too. Obviously my body, for now, needed more calories than I was feeding it.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:13 PM   #1225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Hi, I just want to say that coming here and reading how you all are doing is helping me stay on track. So thank you!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #1226
Junior LCF Member

Berta - I have not tried the cauliflower or cheese crust for pizza, but I have done a cheese taco shell. Do a bigger cheese cracker (microwave or bake a pile of cheese until it's "done" - can anyone explain that better than me? It takes 30 seconds to 1 minute in a microwave). When you take it out, it is still kind of pliable. If you want a traditional shaped taco shell, you can drape it over a chopstick laying over a bowl. It will be hard very quickly. I love fritattas, Berta! Thanks for reminding me of those!

Repto - I have not tried a meatza either. I've seen suggestions for a chicken crust online, too. I did put seasonings in my pizza oopsies, but apparently not enough. Ha ha! Good going on your house! Are you taking pictures to document your progress on it?

glidegirl, moondogii and crazy1! The more the merrier!

glidergirl - We are having crazy storms here in NC, too. I had to go out today, and my traction control kept kicking on. The low spot had so much water in them, and our little creek was starting to come up into our yard. We live on a very steep hill, so if the creek ever rises to the house, we are in BIG trouble! I love the new name for oopsies!

betterthanever - Yay for losing!!!

Last10 - This group does the same for me. I don't want to have to 'fess up to going off plan. LOL!

Michele in NC
Old 04-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #1227
Junior LCF Member

I think I did a good job staying on plan today - who knows if it will result in any weight loss. Ha ha! Darn stubborn body. DH said my body is just acting like the rest of me.

I made some boopsies on Tuesday night with poppy seeds on them. I love poppy seeds. If I ever have to have a drug test, I'll probably test positive for opiates. This morning, I toasted a couple, added a smear of cream cheese and topped with smoked salmon. I didn't have any red onion or capers. Even so, very yummy. I finally got a mini cake pan (6 circles like a muffin top pan but deeper). It made the boopsies look very professional, and dare I say, bread-like.

Lunch was a protein shake. I know a lot of you don't like these, but I had a conference call and then had to run out for an appointment. If I didn't have a protein shake, I wouldn't have been able to eat lunch.

Supper was zucchini noodles (my new favorite thing) with a quick alfredo sauce (I melted butter and cream cheese in a pan whisked in some HWC, added some parm and seasoned with white pepper and nutmeg.) I didn't even through any meat or seafood in it. DH is traveling, and I was trying to get the kids fed and out the door for church. I didn't have time to cut up and cook some meat. I had too much sauce, so gosh darn, I'll have to find another application for it!

No snacks today, but I do feel a little nibbly now. Maybe I'll have a jello.

My weight is still being stubborn, but eventually it's got to do something! I got my new scale, so at least I'm not weighing myself 1/2 a dozen times because the reading are all over the place.

Hope ya'll had a great LC day!

Hugs!

Michele in NC

Last edited by mogirlinnc; 04-30-2014 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #1228
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogirlinnc View Post
I think I did a good job staying on plan today - who knows if it will result in any weight loss. Ha ha! Darn stubborn body. DH said my body is just acting like the rest of me.

I made some boopsies on Tuesday night with poppy seeds on them. I love poppy seeds. If I ever have to have a drug test, I'll probably test positive for opiates. This morning, I toasted a couple, added a smear of cream cheese and topped with smoked salmon. I didn't have any red onion or capers. Even so, very yummy. I finally got a mini cake pan (6 circles like a muffin top pan but deeper). It made the boopsies look very professional, and dare I say, bread-like.

Lunch was a protein shake. I know a lot of you don't like these, but I had a conference call and then had to run out for an appointment. If I didn't have a protein shake, I wouldn't have been able to eat lunch.

Supper was zucchini noodles (my new favorite thing) with a quick alfredo sauce (I melted butter and cream cheese in a pan whisked in some HWC, added some parm and seasoned with white pepper and nutmeg.) I didn't even through any meat or seafood in it. DH is traveling, and I was trying to get the kids fed and out the door for church. I didn't have time to cut up and cook some meat. I had too much sauce, so gosh darn, I'll have to find another application for it!

No snacks today, but I do feel a little nibbly now. Maybe I'll have a jello.

My weight is still being stubborn, but eventually it's got to do something! I got my new scale, so at least I'm not weighing myself 1/2 a dozen times because the reading are all over the place.

Hope ya'll had a great LC day!

Hugs!

Michele in NC
Okay so fill me in what's a boopsie,I've heard Rev Rolls, Floopsys,now Boopsies Are they all they all the same thing?
I'm kinda worried about my weigh in tomorrow my last Induction day cause I ate some meat & cheese off of some Pizza at youth group tonight at church.I help with the Youth on Wednesday evenings. So morning will tell
Closed Thread