Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #1171
Senior LCF Member
 
DlaneyLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 142
Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogirlinnc View Post
Hi Friends!



I've been doing super well with my carbs, but I hadn't been watching my fats as much. I've upped my fats some, and I think that is helping. It certainly keeps me full!

Dlaney - Awesome loss!!!! I'm trying not to be jealous over here. LOL!
Don't give up! I've discovered that my biggest losses have come after days of higher than normal fat consumption like when I drink a very rich BPC. Or one day (this is embarrassing), I had a total stress meltdown and ate a jar of LiteHouse Bleu Cheese salad dressing. I was horrified, but the scale plunged the next day.
DlaneyLynn is online now  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2014, 02:20 PM   #1172
Junior LCF Member
 
mogirlinnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 27
Gallery: mogirlinnc
Stats: 198.5/171/135?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: back again - April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DlaneyLynn View Post
Or one day (this is embarrassing), I had a total stress meltdown and ate a jar of LiteHouse Bleu Cheese salad dressing. I was horrified, but the scale plunged the next day.
Dlaney - but you didn't eat a pint of ice cream or a package of cookies when you were stressed. That in itself is great.

Thanks for the encouragement.
mogirlinnc is offline  
Old 04-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #1173
Senior LCF Member
 
betterthanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 259
Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/200/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Fat soluble vitamins are A D E & K. Just Jo, your post was a little confusing to me, so I thought I'd clarify what I'm sure you meant to say! :-)
Do you really think losing a pound means you need to adjust your CCLM? I know my weight can go up or down a pound just from water retention. But perhaps yours is so stable you don't have this problem. I hope to get there someday!
I'm feeling discouraged. I've been stuck at basically the same weight for 2 weeks now. I really felt in ketosis early last week. Then Friday I got a diet coke at a fast food place (does anyone else worry that one of the workers isn't meticulous about making it DIET?), and we went out to eat (it SAID it was 100% Angus beef, but maybe it wasn't??). And since then I haven't felt the same (bloated, no yucky breath). Nothing to do but continue to do what I've been doing, but gosh, I would sure like that scale to move!
betterthanever is offline  
Old 04-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #1174
Junior LCF Member
 
mogirlinnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 27
Gallery: mogirlinnc
Stats: 198.5/171/135?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: back again - April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
I'm feeling discouraged. I've been stuck at basically the same weight for 2 weeks now.
Right there with you, Betterthanever! I just looked at my weight log. April 1 - 174... April 25 - 174. I am now at 171, but I've been there a few times this month. I am resolved to just keep at it. Maybe the whoosh fairly will visit both of us!
mogirlinnc is offline  
Old 04-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #1175
Senior LCF Member
 
DlaneyLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 142
Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogirlinnc View Post
Dlaney - but you didn't eat a pint of ice cream or a package of cookies when you were stressed. That in itself is great.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Yes, but only because there weren't any within easy reach

I once stalled out at about 192 pounds for four or five months. I guess when you land at a weight your body considered a set point at some time in your life, it is really hard to coax it to move past that weight. Could that be what you have going on?
DlaneyLynn is online now  
Old 04-28-2014, 07:01 PM   #1176
Junior LCF Member
 
mogirlinnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 27
Gallery: mogirlinnc
Stats: 198.5/171/135?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: back again - April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DlaneyLynn View Post
I once stalled out at about 192 pounds for four or five months. I guess when you land at a weight your body considered a set point at some time in your life, it is really hard to coax it to move past that weight. Could that be what you have going on?
Dlaney: You could be right. My weight gain started about 10 years ago when my thyroid decided it was tired of doing so much. It took 3 or so years to get that diagnosed, and then another 6 months or so to get the meds worked out. In the meantime, I had a debilitating injury to one foot, that squelched most exercise. Right about the time my med levels were right, I had my first foot and ankle reconstruction which meant 4 months no weight bearing and a lot of recovery after that. I had the other foot done a year ago and am still recovering from that. The low 170s has been the best weight I've been able to be at through all of this. I upside is that I have a lot of pants that fit me.

I was thin all my life before all this crap happened! Yes, I was the skinny kid who ate Oreos and drank shakes to gain weight.

I am hoping once I break this plateau, I will experience some nice losses for a while before I hit the next one. (and I know there will be a next one).

Thanks for your encouragement!

Michele
mogirlinnc is offline  
Old 04-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #1177
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Hi Everyone

I am frustrated too. I keep going up and down, up and down and staying between 242 & 241 I can't seem to get past that. I am not eating hardly any carbs only what is in my HWC in my coffee in the am. I do have some cheese but zero carbs.I can't get the keto sticks to turn more than on mild.
I WANT PURPLE

It will be two weeks this Thursday since starting the 72. I started at 247.8 this morning I was 242.4 so I don't think that is very good.

However... I had been dieting prior to starting LC. I was doing RX HCG and went from 275.8 to 238.8 then the Holidays came and I gained 14lbs putting me at 252.8 Then I did one round of RXHCG and lost 20 lbs. Went into PH3 and gained again. Tried another round after the alotted time was up (as you have to wait in between rounds on HCG. )and gained 10 lbs.

So now I have gotten that off but can't seem to get any farther. I have no hunger UNLESS it has been quite awhile since I've eaten.

So anyway now I am here trying this plan.So far I am enjoying eating this way I hadn't eaten bread or sweets for a long time anyway having Diabetes2.

I realize this way will be slower losses but I can't figure out why the keto sticks won't turn that really bugs me. I have others tell me it's not a problem if I don't have hunger and I don't. So anyway just neede to vent I guess

I'm wondering if I should add any carbs after Thrusday or stay on Induction for a couple more weeks? I really am wanting some veggies even a 1/2 cup with butter would be soooooo good Or a small chef salad

I would also like to be able to eat Almond Flour once in awhile. Guess I just need to give it time for those foods????

Last edited by Berta48; 04-28-2014 at 07:15 PM..
Berta48 is offline  
Old 04-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #1178
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Update on recipes: I tried MG's crispy chicken...yum yum!! Berta's idea of using Rev Rolls for French toast, also very good! Berta, I tried the bacon wrapped meatballs--ended up adding pork rinds cuz I didn't think they would hold together. I cooked them longer, cuz I prefer my bacon crispy. Didn't get as crispy as I would have liked, but they were tasty.

Bonny, vit D is fat soluble, so it WILL build up in your system if you take too much. But from what I have read, most people can easily take 2000 IUs.
Happy you liked the REV ROLL french toast.I had it again this a.m. I have a feeling it willl be a regular for me!!Love it with cinnamon sprinkled on it!

Last edited by Berta48; 04-28-2014 at 07:23 PM..
Berta48 is offline  
Old 04-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #1179
Senior LCF Member
 
PauletticusJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Clintonville, WI
Posts: 305
Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/273/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
It takes a few weeks for your body to become fully keto adapted. Once it does, the weight seems to come off more steadily. It took me over a month to finally start seeing a loss, and now, I am seeing a good 2 lbs a week! I am still following the good ol' Atkins '72, but have now added back in my cream for the morning coffee, and occasionally some tomato and peppers. I am trying to keep my carbs around 10g, my protein to no more than 90g and my fat to 75% or more of my daily calories, and I have been eating much less lately. I want to stay under 1600 calories, but the past few days I have only been eating around 1100-1300. I am just not very hungry because the fat keeps me full for so long! And I don't want to eat too late at night. If I get a little hungry late at night, like it is now, I check my protein, and if it allows, I just fry a couple eggs. But only if I am truly hungry. Most of the time, I just chug a bunch of flavored water, which fills me, then go to bed.

I have been eating my Low Carb Orange Cream Cheesecake for a mid morning snack, and it really keeps the hunger away for hours. It helps me fill my fat quotient and is a really quick and easy snack to make. One serving is around 300 calories, and a whole pie lasts for days! And did I mention it is delicious? I think I will make this on a steady basis.

Last edited by PauletticusJ; 04-28-2014 at 08:17 PM..
PauletticusJ is offline  
Old 04-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #1180
Senior LCF Member
 
DlaneyLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 142
Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
It takes a few weeks for your body to become fully keto adapted. Once it does, the weight seems to come off more steadily. It took me over a month to finally start seeing a loss, and now, I am seeing a good 2 lbs a week! I am still following the good ol' Atkins '72, but have now added back in my cream for the morning coffee, and occasionally some tomato and peppers. I am trying to keep my carbs around 10g, my protein to no more than 90g and my fat to 75% or more of my daily calories, and I have been eating much less lately. I want to stay under 1600 calories, but the past few days I have only been eating around 1100-1300. I am just not very hungry because the fat keeps me full for so long! And I don't want to eat too late at night. If I get a little hungry late at night, like it is now, I check my protein, and if it allows, I just fry a couple eggs. But only if I am truly hungry. Most of the time, I just chug a bunch of flavored water, which fills me, then go to bed.

I have been eating my Low Carb Orange Cream Cheesecake for a mid morning snack, and it really keeps the hunger away for hours. It helps me fill my fat quotient and is a really quick and easy snack to make. One serving is around 300 calories, and a whole pie lasts for days! And did I mention it is delicious? I think I will make this on a steady basis.

Your plan sounds very similar to mine. I'm adding kale instead of lettuce for my salads but still keeping at less than ten grams a day.

Do you have a recipe for the cheesecake? Sounds delish.
DlaneyLynn is online now  
Old 04-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #1181
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
It takes a few weeks for your body to become fully keto adapted. Once it does, the weight seems to come off more steadily. It took me over a month to finally start seeing a loss, and now, I am seeing a good 2 lbs a week! I am still following the good ol' Atkins '72, but have now added back in my cream for the morning coffee, and occasionally some tomato and peppers. I am trying to keep my carbs around 10g, my protein to no more than 90g and my fat to 75% or more of my daily calories, and I have been eating much less lately. I want to stay under 1600 calories, but the past few days I have only been eating around 1100-1300. I am just not very hungry because the fat keeps me full for so long! And I don't want to eat too late at night. If I get a little hungry late at night, like it is now, I check my protein, and if it allows, I just fry a couple eggs. But only if I am truly hungry. Most of the time, I just chug a bunch of flavored water, which fills me, then go to bed.

I have been eating my Low Carb Orange Cream Cheesecake for a mid morning snack, and it really keeps the hunger away for hours. It helps me fill my fat quotient and is a really quick and easy snack to make. One serving is around 300 calories, and a whole pie lasts for days! And did I mention it is delicious? I think I will make this on a steady basis.
I wish I would loose 2lbs a week. Maybe it will happen for me in a few more weeks.I do know I am not quitting! I just ate a toasted rev roll with butter since I wasn't hungry at supper. I hope it doesn't hurt eating so late.

I want recipe too!!!! PLEASE Would it be induction friendly?

Last edited by Berta48; 04-28-2014 at 09:27 PM..
Berta48 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 02:46 AM   #1182
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb65 View Post
Hi Michellewynos, I know how you are feeling, when my son was in grade school I worked full time and my parents watched my son, and pumped him full of garbage, candy, cookies and such, before I realized I had to do something he was a .................................................. ...............I moved him to OWL and gave him berries and other low carb fruits. and kept his carbs at around 25-30 until he was at a normal weight.
Wow that is so AWESOME! Good going Mom -- I love the part where you tell the 'rents about moving away. You are the BOMB!!!


Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 02:49 AM   #1183
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last10 View Post
Just Jo, maintenance is the most difficult part of this for me. You have done great and will quickly figure this out. I've been at my WW lifetime since June 2011. It's just in the last six months that I started messing around a bit with more 'treats' That just doesn't work for me. So I'm back a d won't fool myself that I can do 75-100 carbs and not gain weight, regardless of exercise, which I do 6-7 days a week.

Good luck! You've got this!
Thanks Last, I know I can do this!! Wow you can have 75-100 carbs daily? I don't think I'll ever have that many in a week!!


Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:30 AM   #1184
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Fat soluble vitamins are A D E & K. Just Jo, your post was a little confusing to me, so I thought I'd clarify what I'm sure you meant to say! :-)
OOpsie -- thanks for correcting that better -- the water vs. fat soluble vitamins -- silly typos. I always tell my students remember water-soluble because we wanna B by the C (it's really dry here in southern NM)!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:31 AM   #1185
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
As much as I post here I just now noticed that the thread is misspelled..
Hey reptogirl!!

I was tempted to take out my teacher red pen and correct it the first time I saw it!!!!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:39 AM   #1186
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
I would also like to be able to eat Almond Flour once in awhile. Guess I just need to give it time for those foods????
Wow almond flour? FYI: 1/4 c has 6 carbs... lots of carbs for LCing IMHO. I'd rather have something more nutrient dense.

Sounds like you are getting frustrated with this WOE, maybe post what your menu looks like with amounts and maybe we can help you... You shouldn't be miserable doing this.

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:44 AM   #1187
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Hmmmmmmmmm?

There's a scientific theory called: The Conservation of Matter which states that matter cannot be created nor destroyed.

My question is are all the pounds of fat we are all losing lurking in someone's closet?


Sorry I couldn't help myself.


Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 04:05 AM   #1188
Senior LCF Member
 
reptogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 700
Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Yesterday made 30 days on plan, today was weigh in day was actually up weight today, I think I am only a day or two from TOM, but with this weight it takes me to only losing 10.8...I might just end up weighing again tomorrow, today could be a fluke, I worked hard yesterday and ate next to nothing, imagine my muscles are sore...well I know they are lol!!! Overall not too worried because mom has lost 17.6 so I know I am not doing anything "wrong"
reptogirl is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 04:11 AM   #1189
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Yesterday made 30 days on plan, today was weigh in day was actually up weight today, I think I am only a day or two from TOM, but with this weight it takes me to only losing 10.8...I might just end up weighing again tomorrow, today could be a fluke, I worked hard yesterday and ate next to nothing, imagine my muscles are sore...well I know they are lol!!! Overall not too worried because mom has lost 17.6 so I know I am not doing anything "wrong"
I love your positive attitude -- because you are correct IMHO, that if you're doing what you're suppose to be doing to make this work and you are by all accounts, you will see the scales move downward!! So you've lost 10.8 pounds this month -- that's TERRIFIC!!

I'm over here cheering you on, reptogirl!!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Just Jo is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 04:51 AM   #1190
Senior LCF Member
 
reptogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 700
Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Thanks justjo
I am trying super hard to not sweat it at all! And luckily we have a huge house that needs cleaned, it keeps me from sitting at home and fretting over a small gain lol. We got 6 to 8 bags of trash from the kitchen floor, big black trash tags and just from the floor !! And it's a rather small kitchen!! We haven't started the cabinets or anything yet lol!! I don't understand why ppl would leave so much crap in a house(it wasn't a foreclosure either)

I am missing a real coffee today, by real I mean something with my flavored creamer, I am drinking a cup with my cream allotment out of desperation in hopes to get energized. I woke up super early today of course I came home last night and pretty much passed out.

This house has so much potential to be beautiful and a decent place to live, but it's going to take a lot of time and work
reptogirl is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 05:31 AM   #1191
Senior LCF Member
 
Romy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal, QC Canada
Posts: 92
Gallery: Romy
Stats: 164/142.5/120-130
WOE: LC
Start Date: July1,2013
Reptogirl, I have sold and moved several times over the past 30 years. Once the house was empty I went in and spent a whole day cleaning it, scrubbing cupboards, bathtubs wash floors etc. All the new owners had to do was paint and even that only if they wanted to change colours. I am very house pride and do not understand how people can leave a house in such a mess and filth. It does not say much about them.

Make the house your own and enjoy it for a very long time. A happy home is a happy life.

And good luck in your weight loss journey and healthy life style.
Romy is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 05:50 AM   #1192
Senior LCF Member
 
Romy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal, QC Canada
Posts: 92
Gallery: Romy
Stats: 164/142.5/120-130
WOE: LC
Start Date: July1,2013
Berta, give your body a chance to get used to this WOE. You have changed so many WOE that your body does not know what you will do next. It is confused. They worst thing that you can do is give up.
I have started the A72 yesterday and got on the scale and nothing. In my mind I should have lost at least .5 but nothing. The only thing that I ate was eggs, bacon, tuna and chicken and but did not stuff myself and I also added coffee cream to my coffee. My body is confused as well as it was used to having nuts, fruits and vegetables. Now it thinks that I am starving it.

Patience is a virtue that I am afraid most of us do not have when it comes to weight loss.
We want instant results not realizing that it took years to gain the weight.
The slower we loose the better it is for our bodies to adapt to the new body weight and it will release fat at its own pace.
Romy is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #1193
Senior LCF Member
 
Last10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 162
Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
[QUOTE=Just Jo;16892468]Thanks Last, I know I can do this!! Wow you can have 75-100 carbs daily? I don't think I'll ever have that many in a week.


Haha! I wish Jo. I said I had to stop fooling myself that I could have 75-100 carbs.
Last10 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 06:37 AM   #1194
Senior LCF Member
 
michellewynos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 370
Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/182/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Oh! Super excited about Davyd!!!! He officially started yesterday, but we have been working on it all weekend, and he lost 4 lbs!! He was so proud!!! He kinds cheated yesterday, and had yogurt, which had 19 grams of carbs, actually, I think he had 2 of them, (i was not there, at work), and he still lost the weight! I was thinking I would keep him on induction for a week, then slowly add things in, lol, like yogurt. Guess we will do this day by day with him!! Also wanted to tell you a cute story. Yesterday, when he got home from school, I asked him what he had for lunch at school. He said nothing. When I asked why he said- Because lunch was noodles and meat sauce, and I can not have noodles!- Love that!!! sad that he did not eat lunch, but LOVE that he knew he could not have noodles!! I did pack him a salad today with bacon, eggs, and cheddar cheese with spicy ranch dressing. He is excited about the salad!!!

On another note.....I gained 2 lbs! up to 204!! It will be my TOM soon, and I have all my symptoms, including the bloating, so, I am sure that is where the gain came from, so not to worried about it. I am eating the right way. So, that is all that matters!!!!
__________________
Think of the Consequences if you do NOTHING!!!

Feb 15, 2014....226
August 14, 2014.....182
Goal......145

Made it to my half way point July 30...
michellewynos is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #1195
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 40
Gallery: ceb65
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
Oh! Super excited about Davyd!!!! He officially started yesterday, but we have been working on it all weekend, and he lost 4 lbs!! He was so proud!!! He kinds cheated yesterday, and had yogurt, which had 19 grams of carbs, actually, I think he had 2 of them, (i was not there, at work), and he still lost the weight! I was thinking I would keep him on induction for a week, then slowly add things in, lol, like yogurt. Guess we will do this day by day with him!! Also wanted to tell you a cute story. Yesterday, when he got home from school, I asked him what he had for lunch at school. He said nothing. When I asked why he said- Because lunch was noodles and meat sauce, and I can not have noodles!- Love that!!! sad that he did not eat lunch, but LOVE that he knew he could not have noodles!! I did pack him a salad today with bacon, eggs, and cheddar cheese with spicy ranch dressing. He is excited about the salad!!!

On another note.....I gained 2 lbs! up to 204!! It will be my TOM soon, and I have all my symptoms, including the bloating, so, I am sure that is where the gain came from, so not to worried about it. I am eating the right way. So, that is all that matters!!!!
Congrats to Davyd! He can do this! And congrats to mom for stepping up and helping him make the change! Growing up healthy and happy will change his life, as he sees the results he will become very involved in his transformation and will have oodles of confidence! Good luck to all of us, we can do it!
ceb65 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #1196
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Berta, give your body a chance to get used to this WOE. You have changed so many WOE that your body does not know what you will do next. It is confused. They worst thing that you can do is give up.
I have started the A72 yesterday and got on the scale and nothing. In my mind I should have lost at least .5 but nothing. The only thing that I ate was eggs, bacon, tuna and chicken and but did not stuff myself and I also added coffee cream to my coffee. My body is confused as well as it was used to having nuts, fruits and vegetables. Now it thinks that I am starving it.

Patience is a virtue that I am afraid most of us do not have when it comes to weight loss.
We want instant results not realizing that it took years to gain the weight.
The slower we loose the better it is for our bodies to adapt to the new body weight and it will release fat at its own pace.
Yes I know you are right.I guess I am just in a hurry I am so use to losing .8 -1lb a day on the RXHCG and I know this way is slower and I also do know slower is better. I need to stay off the scales everyday,which we were to do everyday on the HCG also. I did fit into a blouse I haven't worn for about 3years Sunday.And it hasn't even been two weeks until this Thursday. So I will chill

JustJo
I dont mean I want Almond flour NOW. It's that is what we use for our desserts when not dieting.We neither eat wheat or white flour. And when you only eat a poriton of something it isn't that bad for carbs. I personally don't think 6gms of carbs is much.But that is JMO

Michelle
Congratulaitons to your osn that is great. I just know he will succeed .Tell him we are rooting for him

Last edited by Berta48; 04-29-2014 at 08:14 AM..
Berta48 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #1197
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
PAULETT I forgot to say I was Moderate on the ketone sticks last night. Finally it is moving up!!!You were right on

I think I will stick with the 92 version of Atkins. May I continue to post here anyway please? I think either the 72 OR 92 paln will work and after reading the food list in the 92 I believe for myself I will stay with it MUCH longer. It has different veggies than 72 and that is what I am missing the most.
I have to do and find what works for me.
I also need the encouragemnet from friends along this journey it is a long one and being alone on it makes it harder.

Last edited by Berta48; 04-29-2014 at 08:56 AM..
Berta48 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #1198
Junior LCF Member
 
moondogii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: State College, Pa
Posts: 40
Gallery: moondogii
WOE: LC
Start Date: Jan 2014
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this LCing. I started with the 20 carbs but didn't feel comfortable on it so I've been doing the 72' since Friday and like this much better. Been reading through the posts in here for a few days and all of you are a inspiration. I actually started LCing in Feb and have lost 10 pounds. I do have a question though, a year ago I became a diabetic and was put on insulin. At that time I weighed 140 and in the past year have shot up to 167 before lowering my carbs. Has anyone else had this problem with insulin.
This is my new life-style and I love it
moondogii is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #1199
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondogii View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this LCing. I started with the 20 carbs but didn't feel comfortable on it so I've been doing the 72' since Friday and like this much better. Been reading through the posts in here for a few days and all of you are a inspiration. I actually started LCing in Feb and have lost 10 pounds. I do have a question though, a year ago I became a diabetic and was put on insulin. At that time I weighed 140 and in the past year have shot up to 167 before lowering my carbs. Has anyone else had this problem with insulin.
This is my new life-style and I love it

I don't take insulin I am only on metformin for about ten years now.l hope and pray I don't have to go on insulin.So I'm not much help to you.
I just wanted to welcome you to the boards.
Berta48 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:30 PM   #1200
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 125
Gallery: Crazy1
WOE: Atkins'92
Hi All,

I have been lurking for a while and have enjoyed reading your posts. Very informative. I am presently doing hcg but am looking at switching to Atkins.

I tried low carb in the past but doing my own thing, without a real plan. Never did Induction or added foods or carbs in slowly. I ate about 1000 calories and kept my carbs around 30. I can see now why I was not successful.

I am going to scout out the used books stores and thrift shops and see if I can nab a copy of the original Atkins.

In the meantime, I thank you for all your expertise and advice.
Crazy1 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.