Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #1111
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Berta I wanted to give u an example of the way my mom is losing to show how much she bounces around, just to let you know that you will get lower

4/13-249.2
4/14- 249.4-gain
4/15-249-gain
4/16-248.6-loss
4/17-247.2-loss
4/18-248.8-gain
4/19-249.2-gain
4/20-248-loss
4/21-245.8-loss
4/22-247.2-gain
4/23-247.8-gain
4/24-246.2-loss
4/25-245.6-loss

Like on the 17th she hit a new low-and then gained it right back, but on 21st had a nice whooshto a new low gained it back, and then a new low today.

Everyone looses different, she is so close to 17 pounds lost! She is losing pounds faster than me, it must be a hormone monthly cycle thing, because overall I would think I would lose quicker, as I weigh roughly 80 pounds more than her and nearly 30 years younger, I probably have her beat on inches, although she has noticed that her dresses are getting longer on her, I also have more muscle than her, if that makes a difference. She is 64 and I will be 35 in a few months.

Just keep truckin!
Thanks
I know I just get in a hurry.After all this is only the 8th day on this plan so it will be slower and take more time than being on the RXHCG plan. Actually I have lost 6.2 lbs in 8 days so that is good especially since I had been dieting before and had no water weight to loose.
You are so sweet to help me and the time to do that for me THANK YOU
P.S. Did I tell you I finally bought the Atkins 72 book? Suppose to be here around the 2nd week of May.Just found it today.

DELANEY
I owe you big time.I wonder what in the world makes such a difference? I will be able to up my fats now for sure.In fact this is the 3rd cup of coffee since last time I posted I was going to try it!!!THANK YOU SO VERY,VERY MUCH

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #1112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/168/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Hi!! Some exciting news for me....fir into a size 14 today!!! Super excited!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #1113
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
Hi!! Some exciting news for me....fir into a size 14 today!!! Super excited!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #1114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Start Date: Dec 5 2014
Michelle-congrats!!!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #1115
Senior LCF Member

6.2 in 8 days is great Berta!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #1116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post

DELANEY
I owe you big time.I wonder what in the world makes such a difference? I will be able to up my fats now for sure.In fact this is the 3rd cup of coffee since last time I posted I was going to try it!!!THANK YOU SO VERY,VERY MUCH

You're welcome! I just learned about it recently myself. Great alternative when you have to watch the hwc amounts. Enjoy
Old 04-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #1117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Quote:

Michelle - - -Wonderful!! Congrats on your hard work!!
Berta - - Congrats on your losses!!

Last edited by jblanken; 04-25-2014 at 04:38 PM..
Old 04-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #1118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: newslimsexy
Stats: 252/228/160
Start Date: April 2014
Thinking of giving atkins 72 a try

I'm not really sure how to post messages this is my first time. I have been trying to seriously lose weight from last year April but I keep sabotaging myself and falling off the wagon. I started out my weight loss journey with rapid fat loss by Lyle Mcdonald and lost about thirty lbs doing it on and off for about six months. I found that it worked really well but it was too hard for me. I could never do the diet for the recommended category three and my free meals were a disaster. I stopped with weight loss for a while but started trying again on and off from the beginning of this year. I just can't seem to move below 215 lbs and now I'm back up to 228 lbs. I have been doing Stillman which also works but I also find it way too hard and boring (I have always been very afraid of fats) but now I have researched and studied up what purpose all the macronutrients serve and I'm very convinced carb control is extremely important. I also have to do low carb because rice is my weakness and I have it for pretty much every meal I eat and the calories add up too fast even when I don't feel full but when I eat low carb I'm full and not consistently over eating. I'm going to do a bit of all three but to start out I'm currently doing Atkins 72 without a lot of fat and no vegetables right now. I would like to know if anybody has tried these two woe (atkins 72 and stillman)and is it as successful. I hope I posted my message in the right place and if I didn't please correct and THANKS to everyone on this website for sharing and caring this has to be one of the best site ever!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #1119
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblanken View Post
Michelle - - -Wonderful!! Congrats on your hard work!!
Berta - - Congrats on your losses!!
Thanks I guess that is good. Now if I can just keep it up You have done extremely well yourself girl!

Slim&Sexy
Old 04-25-2014, 05:41 PM   #1120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Evening Folks:
Berta48: what are you doing to combat the spread of the RR on the cookie sheet?
For those thinking of trying the BPC; I would strongly suggest using a hand wand to blend the butter & coconut oil or MCT. Take it easy on the coconut oil when you start as it can have a laxative effect; at least it did on my DMIL
Michellwynos: I don't know how you can eat Miracle Whip; I always found it too sweet. I prefer Hellmonds.
Reptogirl: you're line up of vitamins/minerals looks good. We just recently added probiotics. Hard part is trying to find the right dose.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #1121
Senior LCF Member

New-you really need the fat-otherwise you are just doing stillmans, fat is not the evil demon that people make it out to be- read up on it-peoples cholesterol go down eating fat! and fat provides satiety seriously, I eat less in a day now than I did in one meal before and it's not because I'm trying, I just don't get as hungry as often. Also from what I understand protein without fat will turn into glucose basically and your body will burn that and not your fat.

I did stillmans, it was terrible..the food was awful, dry tuna, chicken breast with mustard..makes me gag thinking about it lol

But good for you knowing that carbs are in fact evil!!!!
You have come to the right place, we have some atkins 72 superstars here that will gladly help you , answer questions, and all the encouragement you could ever ask for

Welcome!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #1122
Senior LCF Member

Paleo they will spread a little at least mine do, just make sure the whites are stiff and when u fold in the yolk mixture u gotta be careful or the whites will break down, it's okay if they aren't mixed together perfectly.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #1123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
NewSlimSexy, Honestly, the best thing you can do is pick a plan that you know you can stick with for the long run. Then read the book. Follow the plan, by the book exactly, to get you started. By jumping around from plan to plan, not committing to any one thing, and trying to tweak things before you even start, you're sabotaging your own efforts in my opinion. All of these plans can, and do, work, but it's about what you can live with..... basically forever. That doesn't mean you'll never have an off plan meal, it just means that 99% of the time, you're eating this way.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #1124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/188/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
My first dinner out! It was a small local place,and I was able to have a bacon cheeseburger--hold the bun and hold the sides. Others had fish fry, chips, french fries, dessert...none of it bothered me in the least. Hurray! I just said to myself, I want to lose weight more than I want to eat this stuff. This was a big step for me, as up til now I've completely avoided eating out. DH told me how proud he was that I stayed away from it all. Now, if there had been yummy rolls or bread in a basket, that would have been harder I think. So this was a good first run for me.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #1125
Senior LCF Member

newslimsexy, welcome! It was hard for me to start including fat when I first came here, too. But I echo what was said earlier, fat is not the bad guy it is made out to be! There are a lot of health benefits to it. I tried eating low fat Atkins, and it really didn't work well. It's ok to stay off the veggies to start--that's what I'm doing, too. But I actually try to keep my percentage of fat higher than my protein. I struggle to eat 1000 calories a day, because eating the fat and protein takes away all my hunger. For the first couple weeks when I start Atkins, I don't think a thing about calories. I just eat anything legal, in order to stay away from the carbs. They are an addictive poison to me. After about 2 weeks, most of the cravings are gone, and I can start to listen to my body and only eat when I'm hungry. Getting rid of the cravings and emotional eating is a big part of this plan for me. Hope you can stick around and make it work!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #1126
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
Evening Folks:
Berta48: what are you doing to combat the spread of the RR on the cookie sheet?
For those thinking of trying the BPC; I would strongly suggest using a hand wand to blend the butter & coconut oil or MCT. Take it easy on the coconut oil when you start as it can have a laxative effect; at least it did on my DMIL
Michellwynos: I don't know how you can eat Miracle Whip; I always found it too sweet. I prefer Hellmonds.
Reptogirl: you're line up of vitamins/minerals looks good. We just recently added probiotics. Hard part is trying to find the right dose.
It's okay if they spread go ahead and bake them and see if they turn out. Mine usually are okay. Last time I put some liquid sucralose in the whites and that really made them runny and were good but not as fluffy.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #1127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: newslimsexy
Stats: 252/228/160
Start Date: April 2014
I am going to up my fats and really give atkins 72 a chance and not quit. I was very confused what woe to choose because as they say most diets will make you lose weight. I bought Lyle McDonald's rfl package and then the Stillman book but both plans weren't sustainable for me. I am going to buy the atkins 72 book now because it's seems to be a more realistic way to lose weight and maintain it. Thanks for the responses and advice when I get better at this I'll reply to everyone individually. Hope everyone keeps losing and have a good night.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #1128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Good Saturday Morning Everbody!!

Wow you people are posting monsters!! Took me almost an hour to read everything I missed!

Congrats to all those that saw the scale move down -- KUTGW!! Whatever it is you're doing is working -- so you are rocking this WOE!!

I made a LC WOE booboo on Thursday -- silly me!! Went to Sonic and had a Route 44 Diet Lime-aide without checking the carb count -- INEXCUSABLE!

When I finally got the chance to check the nutritional facts -- it is called a Low Calorie Drink not a Diet Drink -- Okay it wasn't that damaging but since I'm only allowed 10-12 carbs I used 2 up with the drink!!! What can I say but I'm real anal about checking for carbs and staying within my limits because they can really add up very quickly!! Just like MtherGoos said, watch for those carbs they are hidden everywhere!!

Okay I haven't lost a pound in 8 days -- no I'm not disappointed actually it's a blessing since I want to know how many daily kcals & carbs I can have so I can continue with the rest of this WOE journey!!! Looks like I can have around 1400 kcals and 10 carbs... we shall see!

You all have a great Saturday!!
Jo =]

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 04-26-2014, 07:43 AM   #1129
Senior LCF Member

Nah inexcusable would of been going to Olive Garden and getting endless pasta bowl, that 2 carb drink was just a hey!! Wake up
Old 04-26-2014, 09:34 AM   #1130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
[QUOTE=Just Jo;16889739] Good Saturday Morning Everbody!!

Wow you people are posting monsters!! Took me almost an hour to read everything I missed!

I made a LC WOE booboo on Thursday -- silly me!! Went to Sonic and had a Route 44 Diet Lime-aide without checking the carb count -- INEXCUSABLE!
Jo =][QUOTE]

Don't beat yourself up, Jo, your Excused!, just don't let it happen again! Seriously, that mistake was really not so bad, there are so many things that you could have done.

newslimsexy - I think if you give Atkins 72 a chance and don't sabotage yourself you will be pleasantly surprised, good luck.

Better - good for you, eating out and staying on track. A bacon cheeseburger is one of my go to meals when eating out.

Stay on track everyone and have a nice weekend.

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #1131
Berta48

Good Afternoon to my LC buddies
Well I was down .4 this a.m. and .2 yesterday so if this keeps up I might have a nice loss by Thursday which is when I began a week ago. And this will be my last week of Induction.But I plan on continueing it for awhile or adding in a small amt. of LC veggies once or twice a week.So far it has just been meat,eggs,pork rinds & fats.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week-end I'll check back on Monday!

I fixed DH some bacon & Rev.Roll french toast this morning and he loved them! I'm hoping to get him to join me in LC eating. He seems to like it so far.And considering he wrinkled up his nose at my REV ROLLS while I was making them. I thought it quite amuzing he liked the french toast made from themk When I told him he said he could not tell tell difference in them and reg bread. I'll make a LC believer out of him yet

Last edited by Berta48; 04-26-2014 at 11:29 AM..
Old 04-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #1132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Thanks for you support Tweak and reptogirl!!

I know it wasn't that bad -- but it just goes to show you that you've gotta watch for those hidden carbs. Next time I'll just have my usual safe and perfectly carb free & legal diet cola!!

reptogirl -- I've never been to an Olive Garden they don't have around here -- gotta drive like almost 300 miles...

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”

Last edited by Just Jo; 04-26-2014 at 02:48 PM..
Old 04-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #1133
Senior LCF Member

26 April

Afternoon Folks:
aboard Newslimsexy! I echo the rest of the crowd; don't be afraid of fat. Most people always say Atkins is high protein when it actually higher fat, the good type
Reptogirl: maybe I'm over mixing; the whites are definitely whipped properly, I can put the bowl over my head without anything falling. Perhaps I just want more consistent shape & you can't get that with just a cookie sheet?
Betterthanever: congrats on surviving a dinner out. Hard to do unless you stick with meat & salad eh. When the bread comes to our table, I grab the butter & push the rest away.
Berta48: nice to hear that you're having success getting your DH to join you. Good luck! So, you don't care about the RR spreading a bit?
Old 04-26-2014, 04:12 PM   #1134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/168/145
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Hi all!! Had a super fun night with my bestie.....we were up until 6 this morning singing karaoke. Throat a little sore today, but well worth it!

Down to 202 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy dance!!!!! 3lbs away from my goal!!! So excited!!!!
Old 04-26-2014, 06:10 PM   #1135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Quote:
Hi all!! Had a super fun night with my bestie.....we were up until 6 this morning singing karaoke. Throat a little sore today, but well worth it!

Down to 202 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy dance!!!!! 3lbs away from my goal!!! So excited!!!!

Congrats Michelle!! KUTGW!
Old 04-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #1136
Senior LCF Member

Rev rolls...Berta/Paleo Guy...what are you beating your eggs whites with? If a mixer, what's the power on it? (I' m wondering if this is where the problem lies. I just made a batch, and they were runnier than I would have liked. I used a small hand mixer, and although I reached the stiff peak stage, I'm wondering if a stronger motor would get them even stiffer. If I make them again, I will add some powdered egg white to it and see what happens)
Old 04-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #1137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Hey all. Just popping in to say hi. I'm on my phone so forgive any Autocorrect typos. It sounds like everyone is doing great this weekend. I love hearing about those losses. I try hard not to be scale/weight driven because I tend to bounce around a lot and an losing very slowly so don't want to get discouraged. I try to really remain present to my body and how I feel rather than how I look.

I had school all day today so just had a well loaded bpc fir breakfast and took boiled eggs for lunch. I wasn't hungry at all today. Ate some round steak for dinner and am queasy. I think that has something to do with being backed up from the lack of fiber. Sorry if tmi. I take a dose of milk of mag every day and miralax every couple days but it isn't helping. Blah! Maybe that's why losses are slow. Anyhow, enough rambling. Have a happy Sunday everyone!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:21 PM   #1138
Senior LCF Member

Umm...Berta--the Rev Rolls made up as French toast are aswesome!!! :-) (and they work just fine that way, flat)
Old 04-27-2014, 06:30 AM   #1139
Senior LCF Member

Oopsies

Betterthanever: haven't paid much attention to the speed on the mixer. Once I see what I think are stiff enough peaks & they don't fall out of the bowl when turned upside down, I add the yolks/cheese. That's where I think I maybe over-mixing. I have a feeling all the rolls have a tendency to spread so will have to get over it.
I think you can play with the amount of cream of tartar for the whites.
DlaneyLynn: did you try what Atkins suggests: psyllium? I'm surprised the BPC isn't helping move things along. We made some for my MIL once & she didn't make it through 1/2 cup before she was running to the bathroom
Are you having any of the loosely packed lettuce that Atkins suggests?
Ok, out the door to support a local MS Walk. Catch up with you folks this afternoon...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #1140
Senior LCF Member

Woke up to terrible muscle cramp in my leg, that I just couldn't rid of, this is why I have took potassium for years, and one potassium a day took care of it, now I'm taking 2 plus a slew of other things and had one of the worst ones I have experienced in a long time. Maybe my new vitamin regime(adding the d3 and magnesium) just hasn't had time to really make a difference yet???
Closed Thread