Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #1081
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Better
You have to try them I still think about the french toast I had today made from them. KUTGW (keep up the good work) if you click on it it should show you what it means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
Congrats Reptogirl, michellewynos, & PauletticusJ: drops are always good eh?
Berta48: I never had much luck making RR with mayo. Did you buy a muffin top pan to make them in or r u just using a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam or something similar?
Reptogirl: the big 3 are potassium, magnesium & vitamin D3. Depending on who you listen & trust, amounts vary. Atkins did have a book about vitamins & minerals but I haven't seen it at any of the used bookstores.
Paleo
I make them and pile them up on parchment paper that is on a cookie sheet. You have to beat & beat those whites till they are stiff and when you turn the bowl upside down they stay inside. But make sure they are that stiff or they'll fall out on the floor "ask me how I know"

I add 1tsp cream of tarter as my recipe calls for 1/4tsp. Also add a bit of SF vanilla extract to the yolks and the sweetner I have even added coconut oil. Then beat the yolks really good and move part of the whites over to the side CAREFULLY then pour part of the yolks in and then use a spatula and FOLD into the whites.Be very gentle to mix the yolks in. Then do the same again with the rest of the yolks.Just keep folding from bottom of bowl over and up GENTLY. It probably won't get mixed in entirely, there may be a few whites showing but that's ok.

Then pour into six equal mounds on the prepared pan with parchment paper and press down a bit to form into the size of roll you want.They may look runny but they will bake up anyway.I also use 6tbs mayo to increase my fat.
It's also a VERY VERY good idea to have a cold bowl and beaters for the whites.

I hope this helps you get out a batch. Let me know

Last edited by Berta48; 04-24-2014 at 05:10 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #1082
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/168/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Ok, so, I am a scale hog!!!! Got on after taking a shower this morning and it was 205!!!!!!!!!! Lol, I got off, got back on, got off and got back on several times!!!! Just could not believe my eyes!!!! I am so loving it!!! That is 5lbs since I started again on Monday!!! And.....the lowest I was before I left for Florida was 206, so, I am officially smaller then I have been in YEARS!!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #1083
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
I make the rolls with 3 eggs, 3 tablespoons mayo, and I think 1/4 or 1/8 tsp cream of tarter. I made them once added a little parm and real bacon bits but I broke down the white trying to fold in everything, so it was runny so it ended up being just a cookie sheet full of batter, it still baked up just fine...and I'm thinking breaking down the whites like that could make an awesome pizza crust....use parchment paper, first time I just sprayed and they stuck, so much easier with the parchment paper
I might try more mayo next time like Berta, I hate the egg smell when they are baking but they are amazing dipped in melted butter that I spice up with some garlic powder and onion powder.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #1084
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
Ok, so, I am a scale hog!!!! Got on after taking a shower this morning and it was 205!!!!!!!!!! Lol, I got off, got back on, got off and got back on several times!!!! Just could not believe my eyes!!!! I am so loving it!!! That is 5lbs since I started again on Monday!!! And.....the lowest I was before I left for Florida was 206, so, I am officially smaller then I have been in YEARS!!!!
Michelle
CONGRATULATIONS
Makes you want to keep on doesn't it?? I'm still trying to figure out why I am gaining off and on? I am eating only meat and rev rolls. And a bit of lettuce from time to time but never more than what is alloted.
What are you eating??

Repto
That's how I make mine too,except for the bacon & cheese . I think OOpsie & Rev rolls are the same thing just some people use cream cheese or cottage cheese or like us MAYO!I also add a tad of SF vanilla and coconut oil.I use 1 tsp cream of tarter too.

Last edited by Berta48; 04-24-2014 at 08:03 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #1085
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Congrats to all the losers! I mean that in the very best sense, you are definitely winners!!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:09 PM   #1086
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Berta!! I eat 3 eggs in the morning, cooked in butter...sometimes with american cheese (which has 2 carbs per slice) and for lunch I usually am at work, so I will eat some bacon and sliced turkey and some provolone cheese (i work in a restaurant) and for dinner, usually I eat a huge hamburger with 2 slices of american cheese and 2 tbs of miracle whip. I drink Dt. Coke at work, and flavored water or sometimes I will buy a dt soda to bring home. That is pretty much my menu, everyday. Seems to be working, so, I think I will stick to it!!!

Feb 15, 2014....226
October, 25th 2014.....168
Goal......145

Made it to my half way point July 30...
Hit 50 lbs lost Sept. 30
Old 04-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #1087
Berta48

Quote:
Thanks Berta!! I eat 3 eggs in the morning, cooked in butter...sometimes with american cheese (which has 2 carbs per slice) and for lunch I usually am at work, so I will eat some bacon and sliced turkey and some provolone cheese (i work in a restaurant) and for dinner, usually I eat a huge hamburger with 2 slices of american cheese and 2 tbs of miracle whip. I drink Dt. Coke at work, and flavored water or sometimes I will buy a dt soda to bring home. That is pretty much my menu, everyday. Seems to be working, so, I think I will stick to it!!!
I have just been eating meat and flavored water but I like variety (except for my man)Maybe a bit of lettuce.And today I found a zero carb zero sugar or dextrose none of that stuff and it is really low carb 2TBS 1gm and 1gm sugar Vinegar & Oil dressing .I don't like alot fo dressing on my salads I never have just enough to taste!

What you are doing is working for you so don't stop.

When do you plan on adding some things back in or do you??

Last edited by Berta48; 04-24-2014 at 09:36 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 10:12 PM   #1088
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I am staying in induction til I reach my goal!!! I have been doing this for 3 months (almost, with my 2 week vacation in there) and I eat the same thing pretty much every day. It does not bother me at all. If I need some variety, I eat chicken, or tuna with miracle whip or deviled eggs. but, honestly, I am content with eating what I eat normally. My big problem is that I come from a family of social drinkers and when we get together we drink. I have gained and lost an extra 18 lbs because of this. But, I know that if I want to live with this WOE, I am going to have to accept the fact that I am going to drink and that I am going to gain weight back when I do. But, I am ok with that. It took me a few months to get this big (lol, like 52 months), and it will take me a few months to get small (hopefully not 52)! Also, when I gain the weight from drinking, it is not like my pants don't fit or my clothes get tighter. So, once again, I do not worry about it!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #1089
Senior LCF Member

Berta - I swear that number will move, my mom now is hitting a new low maybe once a week and the other days she bounces, sometimes going up for several days in a row before coming back down and then eventually hitting something new. It really should be looked as a sign of progress it's a sign that those fat cells are releasing fat and then grabbing hold of water as a survival tactic. She was sweating it at first, and I think I finally said it enough that it sunk in, she still weighs daily but she tells me the number and she forgets about it, I write it down and she doesn't think anymore about it. I have to tell her when she hits a new low number lol
Old 04-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #1090
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Berta - I swear that number will move, my mom now is hitting a new low maybe once a week and the other days she bounces, sometimes going up for several days in a row before coming back down and then eventually hitting something new. It really should be looked as a sign of progress it's a sign that those fat cells are releasing fat and then grabbing hold of water as a survival tactic. She was sweating it at first, and I think I finally said it enough that it sunk in, she still weighs daily but she tells me the number and she forgets about it, I write it down and she doesn't think anymore about it. I have to tell her when she hits a new low number lol
Thanks I sure hope so. I want to stay eating like this. Tonight i made a grilled cheese out of my REV ROLLs. It was okay but I think I will make some with no sweetner for the grilled cheese. I don't eat cheese alot but I like it once in awhile and for some reason tonight I was hungry and it's midnight.Hope it doesn't matter what time we eat?
All I had today prior was the rev.roll french toast and turkey bacon.So it was about time to get a little hungry maybe I should have just went to bed.But I am a night owl.

I am making oven baked chicken wings tomorrow night it is an Atkins recipe I found online. I'm making buffalo wings for DH.I am a whimp

Then Saturday night I am making parmesan encrusted baked catfishDH will have cornmeal on his. I wish I could as that is how I really like it!But alas carbs are evil
Also do you count net carbs? That is what I have been doing.I know Ihave read somewhere on here some of them don't.BUt I hav e been eating mostly meat and lettuce so it really shouldn't matter.I found some minimally processed no nitrite or nitrates and no msg lunch meat today too.

Michelle
I am trying to stay on induction and I am making different things to help me.
But I will have at last my lettuce or 2 cups of the approved veggies instead.
We all haave to find what works for us. I am happy for you!
We can do this

Last edited by Berta48; 04-24-2014 at 11:14 PM..
Old 04-25-2014, 12:28 AM   #1091
Senior LCF Member

No I personally don't go for the net carb business, there was no net carbs in atkins 72, some ppl can do it just fine, truthfully I don't keep a food log with carbs listed, I just know the things I am eating don't have carbs to start with...well okay basically everything has that hidden carb listed at zero, tonight I just did chicken in crockpot, it was okay I just never been a fan of much chicken beside Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant, but it was dinner for all 4 of us, and leftovers for grandma tomorrow.

I never have used a sweetener in the rev rolls, I figured why add a carb if I don't have to, but if I ever wanted a sweet version I know the option is there.

Is there any reason why you are using turkey bacon instead of some good fat loaded bacon?
Well we are off for some late night grocery shopping
Old 04-25-2014, 02:16 AM   #1092
Senior LCF Member

Okay hopefully I have all the vitamins/minerals I need now! Good sale at Kroger, combined with coupons!

Got magnesium 250 mg
Vitamin d3
Potassium gluconate 595 mg
One each of those a day?
And 2 of the complete multi vitamins/minerals a day
And a b complex everyday...

Should that be good or am I missing anything else essential?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:14 AM   #1093
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/188/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
You can go higher on magnesium if you want, if you are constipated. 1000-2000 is what is advised if you are constipated. I do 2 potassium because I tend to leg cramp at night.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #1094
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!!!

So, did my daily weigh in....still at 205, but, I am totally fine with that!! Staying the same is better then gaining!!!!

Berta- I love salads! Before I started this WOE, I would eat salads all the time. But, it seems to stall me right now. Also, I do not count net carbs. Tried that once before like 2 years ago. For one, it is really hard to understand, for me anyways!! And secondly, I only lost 7 lbs in a month. I gave up on it and then finally, 3 months ago, went back to the original Atkins. With awesome results, I might add!

So, I just wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a 42 year old single mom. I gave birth to 4 awesome, amazing children. 3 boys and 1 beautiful daughter. Their ages range from 24 to 9. My 2 oldest boys father and I were together for 10 years. it was a very bad and abusive relationship. He would beat me regularly and was a control freak. People, who have never been in an abusive relationship, always ask me why I did not just leave. When you are in that type of relationship, the abuser makes you feel like they are you only thing. They make sure you have no other friends and keep you away from your family. They belittle you every chance they can and make you feel worthless. But, after 10 years, I finally packed up my boys and left for good. We actually lived on the streets for a few nights, until I finally went to the womens shelter in our community.

Fast forward 5 years, I had an amazing little girl named Franchesca. I found out, when I was 4 months pregnant, that she had down syndrome and had congestive heart failure. Honestly, I hated her when I was pregnant with her. I had always wanted a daughter and now I was getting this "dis formed" daughter??? I talked to a lot of other parents with children with down syndrome and (luckily) learned that my reaction was a normal reaction. Well, the very instant she was born, at 4 lbs 15 oz, I fell in love with her!! She was my pride and joy and her brothers adored her!! She was in nicu for about 2 weeks and then came home with us. For a full year, she was a happy "healthy" baby girl. Right around her first birthday, she had her first open heart surgery to try to fix her heart. She was in the hospital for over a month for that one. Very hard for me.....now I was a single mom of 3, her hospital was 3 hours away from where we lived, and my boys had to go to school everyday. Those were hectic days!!! Get up early in the morning, drive 3 hours to get the boys to school, then when the boys were done, drive back the 3 hours to the hospital. Very stressful, but would do it again if I had to. Frankkie, as we called her, had a total of 11 open heart surgeries. She passed away at the age of 4, in 2004, from getting a lung infection during her final surgery.

My youngest son, Davyd, did get to meet his sister. He was 9 months old when she passed. He is a total joy!! His dad and I got married in 2002 and I am always going to be thankful to my ex husband for being there for me. Yes, ex, but we are still great friends. Davyd is the kindest child I have ever met!! He is always smiling and happy and just fun to be around.

Rewind- My oldest boys are Brian and Gage. Gage had aspergers and add and adhd...really really really bad. This poor boy was jumping out of his skin, constantly. He could not concentrate on anything. The longest I ever saw him sit still was when he was playing with his sister, who he ADORED!!! When she passed away, a little bit of my son dies with her. Before she died, he was a happy child, for the most part. But after she passed, he was just never the same. He moved to Michigan with his uncle when he was 14....not my choice...and when he turned 18, he decided to live on the streets of Indiana, Yes, he made the choice to be homeless. We all offered him a place to live, but he loved the freedom of the streets. Well, in 2012, I got a phone call from his father. Gage was hit by a train and killed instantly. I was devastated!! Why would a mother have to deal with losing 2 of her children?? I lived that year, 2012-2013, with a lot of hatred in my heart. I finally have learned to deal with it, and I am now past the anger stage of my grief, luckily.

Today, I have my 2 sons, Brian, who is 24 and Davyd, who is 9. I adore these two boys. They are my everything!! Brian is now engaged to a beautiful girl, who I call my daughter, Lauren. They are an awesome couple and they make each other whole. Brian lived thru everything I did, so I am so happy that he found happiness in this mess we call our lives.

Well, ok, that is me in a nut shell. My life has not been easy, but you make it good. Davyd is a well rounded super great kid. i want to keep him in a box to keep him safe, but I know I can not do that. He needs to be able to have a normal childhood.....but I am over protective of him!!

Today, I am fairly happy. Am single, again, and I just want to enjoy my time with my boys, family, and friends!!! Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my story!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #1095
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Lots and lots of hugs to you Michelle and thank you for sharing your story. I have a son with Aspergers and know the struggles and worries that come with them. I'm so sorry you lost your son and your beautiful little girl. I don't think we ever understand the losses and tragedies of life.

Quote:
Good Morning!!!

So, did my daily weigh in....still at 205, but, I am totally fine with that!! Staying the same is better then gaining!!!!

Berta- I love salads! Before I started this WOE, I would eat salads all the time. But, it seems to stall me right now. Also, I do not count net carbs. Tried that once before like 2 years ago. For one, it is really hard to understand, for me anyways!! And secondly, I only lost 7 lbs in a month. I gave up on it and then finally, 3 months ago, went back to the original Atkins. With awesome results, I might add!

So, I just wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a 42 year old single mom. I gave birth to 4 awesome, amazing children. 3 boys and 1 beautiful daughter. Their ages range from 24 to 9. My 2 oldest boys father and I were together for 10 years. it was a very bad and abusive relationship. He would beat me regularly and was a control freak. People, who have never been in an abusive relationship, always ask me why I did not just leave. When you are in that type of relationship, the abuser makes you feel like they are you only thing. They make sure you have no other friends and keep you away from your family. They belittle you every chance they can and make you feel worthless. But, after 10 years, I finally packed up my boys and left for good. We actually lived on the streets for a few nights, until I finally went to the womens shelter in our community.

Fast forward 5 years, I had an amazing little girl named Franchesca. I found out, when I was 4 months pregnant, that she had down syndrome and had congestive heart failure. Honestly, I hated her when I was pregnant with her. I had always wanted a daughter and now I was getting this "dis formed" daughter??? I talked to a lot of other parents with children with down syndrome and (luckily) learned that my reaction was a normal reaction. Well, the very instant she was born, at 4 lbs 15 oz, I fell in love with her!! She was my pride and joy and her brothers adored her!! She was in nicu for about 2 weeks and then came home with us. For a full year, she was a happy "healthy" baby girl. Right around her first birthday, she had her first open heart surgery to try to fix her heart. She was in the hospital for over a month for that one. Very hard for me.....now I was a single mom of 3, her hospital was 3 hours away from where we lived, and my boys had to go to school everyday. Those were hectic days!!! Get up early in the morning, drive 3 hours to get the boys to school, then when the boys were done, drive back the 3 hours to the hospital. Very stressful, but would do it again if I had to. Frankkie, as we called her, had a total of 11 open heart surgeries. She passed away at the age of 4, in 2004, from getting a lung infection during her final surgery.

My youngest son, Davyd, did get to meet his sister. He was 9 months old when she passed. He is a total joy!! His dad and I got married in 2002 and I am always going to be thankful to my ex husband for being there for me. Yes, ex, but we are still great friends. Davyd is the kindest child I have ever met!! He is always smiling and happy and just fun to be around.

Rewind- My oldest boys are Brian and Gage. Gage had aspergers and add and adhd...really really really bad. This poor boy was jumping out of his skin, constantly. He could not concentrate on anything. The longest I ever saw him sit still was when he was playing with his sister, who he ADORED!!! When she passed away, a little bit of my son dies with her. Before she died, he was a happy child, for the most part. But after she passed, he was just never the same. He moved to Michigan with his uncle when he was 14....not my choice...and when he turned 18, he decided to live on the streets of Indiana, Yes, he made the choice to be homeless. We all offered him a place to live, but he loved the freedom of the streets. Well, in 2012, I got a phone call from his father. Gage was hit by a train and killed instantly. I was devastated!! Why would a mother have to deal with losing 2 of her children?? I lived that year, 2012-2013, with a lot of hatred in my heart. I finally have learned to deal with it, and I am now past the anger stage of my grief, luckily.

Today, I have my 2 sons, Brian, who is 24 and Davyd, who is 9. I adore these two boys. They are my everything!! Brian is now engaged to a beautiful girl, who I call my daughter, Lauren. They are an awesome couple and they make each other whole. Brian lived thru everything I did, so I am so happy that he found happiness in this mess we call our lives.

Well, ok, that is me in a nut shell. My life has not been easy, but you make it good. Davyd is a well rounded super great kid. i want to keep him in a box to keep him safe, but I know I can not do that. He needs to be able to have a normal childhood.....but I am over protective of him!!

Today, I am fairly happy. Am single, again, and I just want to enjoy my time with my boys, family, and friends!!! Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my story!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #1096
Berta48

Quote:
No I personally don't go for the net carb business, there was no net carbs in atkins 72, some ppl can do it just fine, truthfully I don't keep a food log with carbs listed, I just know the things I am eating don't have carbs to start with...well okay basically everything has that hidden carb listed at zero, tonight I just did chicken in crockpot, it was okay I just never been a fan of much chicken beside Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant, but it was dinner for all 4 of us, and leftovers for grandma tomorrow.

I never have used a sweetener in the rev rolls, I figured why add a carb if I don't have to, but if I ever wanted a sweet version I know the option is there.

Is there any reason why you are using turkey bacon instead of some good fat loaded bacon?
Well we are off for some late night grocery shopping
Repto
Yes there is a reason I was out of reg. bacon but bought 5 or 6 pkgs yesterday I have not been eating anything with carbs except some lettuce every once in awhile the rest has been meat, rev rolls, eggs.butter. I am wondeirng if I am eating enough fat? Actually the only fat I get is what is in the meat but I do fry it in Canola Oil or Olive oil (cold pressed) or butter.
I tried coconut oil in coffee but couldn't stand that greasy feeling in my mouth
Also I use Liquid Sucralose there aren't any carbs in it.

Michelle
Sorry for all the sorrow in your life. I sorta understand.. my first 2 children were born dead. And The father ... my first husband was an womanizer and abuser.But that's neither here or there. Over and done with.I leave the past in the past since I've learned there's no room for a future until I let go of the past

It sounds as if your life is much better now.I am happy things have turned around for you.

I am taking yours and Reptos advice and when I start eating carbs I'm just doing the carbs and not net carbs. That will make a difference. But for right now I have been eating zero

Last edited by Berta48; 04-25-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #1097
Senior LCF Member

Michelle, thanks for sharing your story. I will do mine, too, once I get home and can replace my icon with a picture. You all are like family to me! and I'd love to get to know you better.

Berta, you could also try pork rinds (regular or bbq flavor) to "encrust" your fish. I did it for the family last week, and they all really liked it! (didn't tell them what it was until they tasted it, 'cuz one daughter thinks they sound really gross). I will try to look this up again, but I think I remember that women shouldn't have more than 80(?) grams of protein a day, or our body turns it into fat. That might be something to track.

I log in all my food on *********, and it has really been helpful to see my total counts and percentages, and it keeps me honest about what I'm really eating.

I'm still off of the scale, but have been doing strict '72 induction since Monday, and I swear my pants are looser! (it helps that the magnesium seems to be helping things "move" finally!). I've added some calories and fat to counteract the fatigue I've been feeling. Not sure that's what the trouble is, but I have to experiment.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #1098
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Michelle, thanks for sharing your story. I will do mine, too, once I get home and can replace my icon with a picture. You all are like family to me! and I'd love to get to know you better.

Berta, you could also try pork rinds (regular or bbq flavor) to "encrust" your fish. I did it for the family last week, and they all really liked it! (didn't tell them what it was until they tasted it, 'cuz one daughter thinks they sound really gross). I will try to look this up again, but I think I remember that women shouldn't have more than 80(?) grams of protein a day, or our body turns it into fat. That might be something to track.

I log in all my food on *********, and it has really been helpful to see my total counts and percentages, and it keeps me honest about what I'm really eating.

I'm still off of the scale, but have been doing strict '72 induction since Monday, and I swear my pants are looser! (it helps that the magnesium seems to be helping things "move" finally!). I've added some calories and fat to counteract the fatigue I've been feeling. Not sure that's what the trouble is, but I have to experiment.
I have used Pork Rinds but I am thinking to much salt since my losses have been so slow, cause I eat alot of them especially at night watching TV.(bad habit).But for my fish I use parmesan cheese and bake it in the oven till crispy I do my chicken that way too! I don't always use cheese other than that. I spread mayonnaise on the fish and then sprinkle the cheese on that.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #1099
Senior LCF Member

Protein: the info I found says take your body weight and divide by 3. That's the amount of grams of protein you can eat before your body will store the extra as fat.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #1100
Senior LCF Member

I used to eat a lot of pork rinds, too, until I realized how much protein I was consuming with them. It would put me way over my goal. So now I stop at 1/2 oz per day when I have them. I tend to make "cheese crisps" instead, and limit myself to microwaving one piece of cheese for that snack. I missed having something crunchy, and this gives me both fat and protein. (Cheese crisps: break up a piece of cheddar into 16 pieces, and microwave on parchment paper for 1 min)
Old 04-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #1101
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
I used to eat a lot of pork rinds, too, until I realized how much protein I was consuming with them. It would put me way over my goal. So now I stop at 1/2 oz per day when I have them. I tend to make "cheese crisps" instead, and limit myself to microwaving one piece of cheese for that snack. I missed having something crunchy, and this gives me both fat and protein. (Cheese crisps: break up a piece of cheddar into 16 pieces, and microwave on parchment paper for 1 min)
I have done that too love them . Sorta hard to stop with just a few
I buy the zero carb cheese in the pkg that is chunks.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #1102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Good Morning Everyone! Everyone is doing GREAT, but just a few hopefully helpful comments if anybody is interested ~

Miracle Whip isn't really induction friendly, it has sugar and things in it. You may want to consider Mayo

All cheese has carbs, regardless of what the label says. Usually figure about 1 carb per ounce

Eggs, Mayo, and all those things also have carbs. An egg is .6 carbs. Although the label may say zero carbs, it isn't, so we're eating Low Carb, but we're Not Zero Carb.

All the sweeteners, spices, and things like that can really add up to stall you. You want to keep those to a bare minimum during your induction phase. The simpler you can keep it, the better.

Don't starve yourself, and don't gorge yourself. Eat when you are hungry, and stop when you are not.

Just a few tips to throw out there that may or may not help.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #1103
Senior LCF Member

I will probably take double magnesium, will break it up into morning and night, read some about d3 and I am increasing that as well.and I will add one extra potassium to the mixture too..I just need to kick some of this sluggishness feeling I randomly get, and those muscle pains.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #1104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
[B]
I tried coconut oil in coffee but couldn't stand that greasy feeling in my mouth

Have you tried mixing the CO and hot coffee in a blender? It makes a huge difference and isn't oily at all. In fact, it gets a nice creamy, frothy top. I was surprised the first time to see the color of the coffee lighten just like when I add hwc. I add butter in mine too (bpc). So yummy!
Old 04-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #1105
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlaneyLynn View Post
Have you tried mixing the CO and hot coffee in a blender? It makes a huge difference and isn't oily at all. In fact, it gets a nice creamy, frothy top. I was surprised the first time to see the color of the coffee lighten just like when I add hwc. I add butter in mine too (bpc). So yummy!
No I haven't but I will.I'll go right now and try it. Thank you.I'll let you know what my palate thinks
Old 04-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #1106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terilynn77
Stats: 307/228/150
WOE: Atkins 72 ~ NK
Start Date: 2/10/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Miracle Whip isn't really induction friendly, it has sugar and things in it. You may want to consider Mayo
MtherGoos - when you say Mayo - is Kraft Real Mayo what you mean? That is what I use, but I'm not sure since sugar is listed in the ingredients? I can't stand Miracle Whip...so I'm good there!

Also you mentioned spices. I was looking through my spices just the other day and noticed that some spices list sugar as an ingredient. I had some Mrs Dash varieties and some of the ingredients surprised me on the list there too. I can't remember the exact names, but things that I would think would have a little carbs in them. I've just been sticking with salt and pepper, but would like to use some others, just afraid!

Thanks!
Teri
Old 04-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #1107
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terilynn77
Stats: 307/228/150
WOE: Atkins 72 ~ NK
Start Date: 2/10/14
Quote:
DlaneyLynn - I agree at first I didn't care for it, but now I miss it if I don't drink it this way. I switched to black coffee, but this is a nice change. I think the coconut oil adds a little bit of sweetness back to it. Yum!
Old 04-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #1108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Terilynn, yes, the real mayo is fine. I know it lists sugar, but it's such a minimal amount, that you're usually okay with it. Miracle Whip, on the other hand, has 2 Carbs per Tablespoon and that adds up really quickly. As far as your spices, it's a good idea to always count 1 carb per teaspoon for whatever you're using just to be safe. It's crazy how many spices add sugar, or variations of sugar by calling it other names.

So I'm just saying to use caution and account for what you're eating. A lot of things that I'm seeing people list on their daily menus are things that you want to be careful about.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #1109
Senior LCF Member

Berta I wanted to give u an example of the way my mom is losing to show how much she bounces around, just to let you know that you will get lower

4/13-249.2
4/14- 249.4-gain
4/15-249-gain
4/16-248.6-loss
4/17-247.2-loss
4/18-248.8-gain
4/19-249.2-gain
4/20-248-loss
4/21-245.8-loss
4/22-247.2-gain
4/23-247.8-gain
4/24-246.2-loss
4/25-245.6-loss

Like on the 17th she hit a new low-and then gained it right back, but on 21st had a nice whooshto a new low gained it back, and then a new low today.

Everyone looses different, she is so close to 17 pounds lost! She is losing pounds faster than me, it must be a hormone monthly cycle thing, because overall I would think I would lose quicker, as I weigh roughly 80 pounds more than her and nearly 30 years younger, I probably have her beat on inches, although she has noticed that her dresses are getting longer on her, I also have more muscle than her, if that makes a difference. She is 64 and I will be 35 in a few months.

Just keep truckin!
Old 04-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #1110
Berta48

Quote:
Quote:
Berta I wanted to give u an example of the way my mom is losing to show how much she bounces around, just to let you know that you will get lower

4/13-249.2
4/14- 249.4-gain
4/15-249-gain
4/16-248.6-loss
4/17-247.2-loss
4/18-248.8-gain
4/19-249.2-gain
4/20-248-loss
4/21-245.8-loss
4/22-247.2-gain
4/23-247.8-gain
4/24-246.2-loss
4/25-245.6-loss

Like on the 17th she hit a new low-and then gained it right back, but on 21st had a nice whooshto a new low gained it back, and then a new low today.

Everyone looses different, she is so close to 17 pounds lost! She is losing pounds faster than me, it must be a hormone monthly cycle thing, because overall I would think I would lose quicker, as I weigh roughly 80 pounds more than her and nearly 30 years younger, I probably have her beat on inches, although she has noticed that her dresses are getting longer on her, I also have more muscle than her, if that makes a difference. She is 64 and I will be 35 in a few months.

Just keep truckin!
Thanks
I know I just get in a hurry.After all this is only the 8th day on this plan so it will be slower and take more time than beng on the RXHCG plan. Actually I have lost 6.2 lbs in 8 days so that is good especially since I had been dieting before and had no water weight to loose.
Closed Thread