Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #1051
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
So nice to see all the activity today! You guys are my support group, and even if you don't have a lot to say, I love it when you check in!

michelle, congrats on keeping the weight low during your vacation! So glad you are back, and getting back on track with us

Pauletticus--sounds like you are doing great! I know, when we have a lot to lose, it just seems like it will take forever. But remember MG's line--a year from now, think where you will be! I keep telling myself to be content with whatever weight loss I have, because until I started this I was gaining, gaining, gaining!

DLaney, I am right there with you on the emotional eating! Even though I can eat as much low carb as I "want," I try to be very careful about whether I am "wanting" or I am actually hungry. This WOE is important to me not just for weight loss, but to learn more about me, my emotions, and where to turn when I am stressed. Turning to food has only gotten me fat and unhappy.

cfine--keeping fingers crossed for you as you check the scale. Two year anniversary! That's awesome!

Last10--just do your best where you are at. It's all we can do! Stay strong.

mo girl, glad to have you back again! This WOE really works for lowering the appetite, doesn't it?!

Tweeker-geek and PaleoGuy, even if you just check in and say hi and that you are doing ok, it is encouraging to know that there are others out there. Sometimes I feel so isolated doing this, and it helps to know I'm not alone.

reptogirl--I love your encouragement. It lifts me up!

Berta--I stayed off the scale this morning...will try to stay off as long as I can. The daily fluctuations are driving me crazy! and what really matters is that I'm staying on plan. The weight WILL come off!

jblanken--I know what you mean. I've lost over 20, but I doubt anyone notices it but me. It will be at least 40 lbs before anyone notices, if that!

Thanks to all of you for being here!!
You are absolutely right IT WILL COME OFF!!!! I am think I will TRY to stay off for a week. But I have a really bad habit of this every morning thingy! We are More North East MO. Maybe that is considered mid west ? I don't know
I have been staing right with it also and am sorta up and down here and there but I suppose that is to be expected.
Have ag rea tday! Be Blessed

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #1052
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
The scale does call to me too, so I will jump on but I don't record it, and I am usually fully clothed so it's no where near accurate..I just do it because it's there and I'm weak tomorrow will be my real weigh in.

Getting closer on getting our house, we wired the money today, we are supposed to close on Monday so that's pretty exciting, and then the real work begins.

Better-absolutely the weight will come off, although I enjoy a lower number I try hard not to let it be the deciding factor of my success because I know the inches are moving, and I guess that's common with low carb, something to do with protein and muscle mass
Old 04-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #1053
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimWithin26
Stats: Start 321.4/281.8/253.4/199
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: March 16, 2014
Good afternoon. I'm hoping you all can help me out.

Am I eating enough? This is my menu for the past 3 days….
Monday
B-2 chicken wings and 2 scrambled eggs with cheese
L-2 chicken wings and 1 scrambled egg with cheese
D-4 Pork Riblets
Regular water and flavored water

Tuesday
B-3 Pork riblets and 2 scrambled eggs with cheese
L- 2 pork riblets and 1 scrambled egg with cheese
D-4 chicken wings

Wednesday
B- Beef stir fry (without the veggies or soy sauce, so just the beef)
L-Left over “beef stir fry” from breakfast and 1.5 deviled eggs
D-5 oz ribeye steak

Just want to make sure I am not doing myself any harm. I have been losing about a
1/2-1 lb a day.

[COLOR=Purple]SlimWithin26[/COLOR]
Old 04-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #1054
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/181/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
DLaney- I also have the same problem about gaining the 20 lbs and not really noticing.....which can be a good thing, for clothes, but a very bad thing for the scale!!!!

So, my mini-goal, again, is to get into onederland by May!! Very doable, I think!!! Really want to get there before my TOM, because I gain weight then!!! I never get frustrated, cause I know it is gonna happen every month, but, come on!!! Body, just give me a break already!!! I remember the last time I did atkins.....I lost 60 lba in like 3 months....awe, how I wish my body did that again!! That was 10 years ago!!! And, I never felt like it was a way of life for me, but a diet. This time, it is coming off slower, but I am learning that I do not mind this way of eating, at all!! I must confess, tho, that I will be going down to the local ice cream shop at least once this summer!!! But, compared to last summer, that is amazing, since we went like 4 times a week!!! Just love that place!!!!

Ok, i am beginning to ramble, so I am outta here!!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #1055
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Ahhhh, I feel better now
mogirlinne: the picture is from Gatineau Quebec; great view.
Dloneylynn: aboard.
Just Jo: thanks for the greet.
Well, last night was interesting. Spent 11/2 hours listening to someone called Brad King author of Fat Wars talking about the current Diet Dilemma. I was especially pleased that he DIDN'T berate Aikins. Of course he had various potions for sale which I didn't buy but his book does have a few interesting tidbits. I'll have to do more than skim to see what his carb ceiling is.
Achilles tendon has been screaming at me all day; might be swim night. And the highlight of the day: the lady who keeps bringing baked goods to work asked me what I was doing.......so should I tell her about LC?
Old 04-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #1056
Senior LCF Member

Slim-low carb is a great appetite suppresent if you aren't going hungry you are eating enough, if you get hungry eat some more-there really is no minimum/maximum calorie, especially not at first
Old 04-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #1057
Senior LCF Member

I think I need magnesium , my muscles hurt and just feel weak, I have 2 multiples but apparently doesn't have enough in them. I also take a potassium, you guys think it's the mag, or could it be something else?
Old 04-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #1058
Senior LCF Member

If it is magnesium how much should I take?
Old 04-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #1059
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/200/165
Start Date: Feb 2014
Repto, I have been struggling with some fatigue. I'm taking both potassium and magnesium. I just upped my potassium to 2 doses the other day to see if that would help. 400mg is the RDA for Magnesium, so I would at least start with that. Atkins recommended a double dose of a multivitamin. I guess if you figure a multi is supposed to be taken by the general population, and with our limited veggies we are not getting all the vitamins, it makes sense to double the multi. I haven't done that, yet, but I'm thinking on it. I also read somewhere that if you are fatigued, you may need more fat. I will have to experiment.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #1060
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:

DLaney, I am right there with you on the emotional eating! Even though I can eat as much low carb as I "want," I try to be very careful about whether I am "wanting" or I am actually hungry. This WOE is important to me not just for weight loss, but to learn more about me, my emotions, and where to turn when I am stressed. Turning to food has only gotten me fat and unhappy.
Yes! Exactly I will go from not hungry at all to starving and I have to make a real effort to distinguish what I'm perceiving as hunger. Stress and anxiety literally feel the same as hunger to me. I think that's why I like this as a way of life rather than a diet because I'm not scale driven and have time to figure these things out.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #1061
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
DLaney- I also have the same problem about gaining the 20 lbs and not really noticing.....which can be a good thing, for clothes, but a very bad thing for the scale!!!!

So, my mini-goal, again, is to get into onederland by May!! Very doable, I think!!! Really want to get there before my TOM, because I gain weight then!!! I never get frustrated, cause I know it is gonna happen every month, but, come on!!! Body, just give me a break already!!! I remember the last time I did atkins.....I lost 60 lba in like 3 months....awe, how I wish my body did that again!! That was 10 years ago!!! And, I never felt like it was a way of life for me, but a diet. This time, it is coming off slower, but I am learning that I do not mind this way of eating, at all!! I must confess, tho, that I will be going down to the local ice cream shop at least once this summer!!! But, compared to last summer, that is amazing, since we went like 4 times a week!!! Just love that place!!!!

Ok, i am beginning to ramble, so I am outta here!!!!
Our experiences with Atkins sound very similar. I had heard somewhere that the first time doing low carb was kind of magical and the weight would drop off, but that subsequent tries would be harder and harder.

Losing slowly is better I think. It gives a chance to adapt our mindset to our new way of living.

Ice cream sounds like a nice summer treat. You don't think it will trip you up? It would me, but I'm a sugar addict. One bite and I'm done for.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #1062
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Repto, I have been struggling with some fatigue. I'm taking both potassium and magnesium. I just upped my potassium to 2 doses the other day to see if that would help. 400mg is the RDA for Magnesium, so I would at least start with that. Atkins recommended a double dose of a multivitamin. I guess if you figure a multi is supposed to be taken by the general population, and with our limited veggies we are not getting all the vitamins, it makes sense to double the multi. I haven't done that, yet, but I'm thinking on it. I also read somewhere that if you are fatigued, you may need more fat. I will have to experiment.

I think taking double multi's probably is a good idea, but I would think they should be taken separately - one in the am and one in the pm. Our bodies can only absorb so many vitamins at one time so I wonder if taking them at the same time would just create some vitamin rich urine.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #1063
Senior LCF Member

Yeah I have been doing the double multi vitamins/minerals maybe I should start taking them at separate times though it makes more sense, hoping I can get to store for some magnesium soon
Old 04-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #1064
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mogirlinnc
Stats: 198.5/171/135?
Start Date: back again - April 2014
Greeting Everyone!

I hope everyone has had a fabulous on plan day! I stayed under 10 carbs today, so I am feeling good about that!

My scale is stuck at 171.5. UGH! I know it will go down, but I want it to go down now!!!

Worked in the toddler room tonight at church. The fumes from the goldfish and animal crackers almost made me cave. I'm bringing jerky with me next time. LOL!

What do y'all think about minute muffins as a splurge? The 9 real carbs scare me. My family usually makes me breakfast on mother's day, and I love eggs benedict. I'm thinking the minute muffin would be a good English Muffin substitute. Does anyone have any suggestions for another substitute? Oopsies won't cut it for this - they do make a darn good egg sandwich, though.

Magnesium - I've been doing epsom salt lotion to up my levels, and I think it is working. I have been sleeping like a rock. You can buy the lotion, but it is kind of pricey. I just mix water based lotion with epsom salts. There are websites with exact measurement, but I just put about equal amounts together. It makes the lotion super watery, so start with thick lotion. I just put it on my feet (put socks on) and let it soak in. It is not a moisturizer! If I have any achy parts, I will rub it there too. It helps relax the muscles.

Have a good night everyone!

Michele
Old 04-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #1065
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/273/175
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/2/2014
This morning I woke up 2 lbs thinner. I really don't know where the lost fat goes. I don't remember peeing out that much, so I know it has to be fat loss. I weighed myself before bed, so it was just one of those miracle things!

Since I started doing Atkins '72, I have been seeing a slow and steady loss. But I was not prepared to see 2 lbs gone overnight. I am so close to being under 300 lbs I can TASTE it! Soon I will be in TWO-derland!!! lol
Old 04-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #1066
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
This morning I woke up 2 lbs thinner. I really don't know where the lost fat goes. I don't remember peeing out that much, so I know it has to be fat loss. I weighed myself before bed, so it was just one of those miracle things!

Since I started doing Atkins '72, I have been seeing a slow and steady loss. But I was not prepared to see 2 lbs gone overnight. I am so close to being under 300 lbs I can TASTE it! Soon I will be in TWO-derland!!! lol
CONGRATULATIONS KUTGW
Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #1067
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

What an awesome feeling to know that you will soon cross over to the 2ville,
To have a different first number!! Can't wait til I get there
Old 04-24-2014, 05:02 AM   #1068
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mogirlinnc
Stats: 198.5/171/135?
Start Date: back again - April 2014
Quote:
This morning I woke up 2 lbs thinner.
Good for you!!!! Isn't that a great feeling! The twos are coming!

I am so close to my next decade I can taste it, but that scale still isn't moving unless I pick it up! ARGH! It might be a good thing, though. DH and are will probably go out tonight and that stubborn scale will keep me reined in. LOL!
Old 04-24-2014, 05:34 AM   #1069
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 7/2014
up .5 today ... bummer
Yesterday it got so busy I forgot to drink all the water I wanted, kind of a stressful day really. Also forgot to bring in my HWC for my coffee at work so there was added carbs there. I did eat 300 less calories and didn't exercise...forgot about appointment during the allotted time for exercise...

Today I will just stay on plan, drink more water and exercise...

Hoping we all see losses today - - -
Old 04-24-2014, 06:23 AM   #1070
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

TWO-derland.... I love it Congrats on the HUGE 2 lb loss!!! I did that yesterday and totally is the best feeling in the world!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:51 AM   #1071
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Everyone!!! Hope all your days are super great today!!!

Woke up at 207.....1 more lb lighter!!!!!!!!!!!!! So super happy!!!

jblanken- sorry about your gain.......you will lose it again!!!!!

mogirl- just keep swimming, just keep swimming!!!! That weight will be off before you know it!!!

Dlaney-I guess we will see what the ice cream does to me!!! If it stalls me or makes me crave sugar.....then it will not happen to often!!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #1072
Berta48

Morning Gang
Well today is one week for starting 72 down 6.8 lbs.
But actually it's been two weeks since starting LC, but I got off on the wrong foot and gained 3lbs
But since starting 72 I have been doing alot better. HOWEVER I was up a lb today grrrrrr
But I am going to UP my fats if I have to sit and eat a whole stick of butter
I plan to follow Induction for at least another week before adding in anything.

I am making salmon patties and putting some cheese & a tad of minced onion and frying them up.The cheese holds them together so I don't need bread or cracker crumbs. If I do I might add a bit of Pork Rinds.

Michelle
How I wish I would see a 2lb drop When you get to where you can have a few berries & cottage cheese I have a recipe that you will enjoy.It ends up just like a soft serve ice cream and so easy to make.We were eating it before I started LC WOE .It is from George Stella recipes.

JBLANKEN
I was up a full lb today. But I also am going to measure.The book says the tape measure is better friend thean the scales. So maybe we are losing inches. It will come off!

Repto
I'm so looking forward the 220's that seems far enough away let alone the onederland

Mogirlinnc
When we eat out I just order steak or grilled chicken or ribs w/o sauce and sometimes grilled shrimp it is much easier eating out on this plan than on HCG WOE.Also I order the Ranch or vinegar & oil on the sider and dip the fork prongs in the dressing then pick up some salad. It works and saves carbs & calories

HELLO
Betterthanever,Paulletticus ,Delaney & Paleo GUY! You all KUTGW

Last edited by Berta48; 04-24-2014 at 08:23 AM..
Old 04-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #1073
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 7/2014
Thanks Berta & Michelle for the encouraging words !!
- - lets lose this weight together!!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #1074
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblanken View Post
Thanks Berta & Michelle for the encouraging words !!
- - lets lose this weight together!!
WITH YOUR HAND IN MY HAND TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE IT

By the way.... my keto sticks FINALLY showed trace last night after one week. Not much.... but better than nothing.!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #1075
Berta48

I had to post this. If anyone uses REV. rolls I just made the most incredible french toast. OH MY LANDS IT WAS DELICIOUS

I make them with mayo instead of cream cheese since I am doing induction.I rolled them in eggs and fried them in butter and poured SF syrup on them and ate bacon with it and it was soooooo good. I can not believe how good they were.
OH I sprinkled a bit of splenda on each one and some cinnamon too. I just put a tad betwen thumb and forefinger of Splenda so not much if any carbs in that entire meal. These are going to be an item on my menues from now on.YOU HAVE TO TRY IT.

If you do, let me knonw what you think PLEASE!

Last edited by Berta48; 04-24-2014 at 11:02 AM..
Old 04-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #1076
Senior LCF Member

Today was weigh in day 1.2 down, makes a total of 12.6 in 25 days on plan. I can live with a half a pound a day (and inches lost that I haven't measured) well I will be back later, I just wanted to report my weigh in day
Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #1077
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Today was weigh in day 1.2 down, makes a total of 12.6 in 25 days on plan. I can live with a half a pound a day (and inches lost that I haven't measured) well I will be back later, I just wanted to report my weigh in day
WHOOO HOOOO
Old 04-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #1078
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Congrats Reptogirl, michellewynos, & PauletticusJ: drops are always good eh?
Berta48: I never had much luck making RR with mayo. Did you buy a muffin top pan to make them in or r u just using a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam or something similar?
Reptogirl: the big 3 are potassium, magnesium & vitamin D3. Depending on who you listen & trust, amounts vary. Atkins did have a book about vitamins & minerals but I haven't seen it at any of the used bookstores.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #1079
Senior LCF Member

arghhh! new computer, and I've tried to reply twice already and I keep losing my post! So, I will make a series of shorter posts instead.

Re: Vit D I just added an extra dose of that, too. At first I was concerned about getting too much, since it's fat-soluble. But when I read up on it, I found certain groups advocating 1000's IU higher for the RDA than the current RDA. So I figured I could safely double the current RDA.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #1080
Senior LCF Member

Pauletticus/Michelle/Reptogirl, congrats on the weight loss! Woohoo! I am staying off the scale again, the daily weigh-ins were getting to me. But the rest of us--stay the course! We know the weight will come off when our silly fat cells finally believe us that WE MEAN IT. In the meantime, we are cementing a WOE that will help us for years to come.

Berta, thanks for the recipe. I haven't tried those rolls yet. Maybe Saturday when I have more time. I'm waiting to hear your answer to PaleoGuy's question about how you make them. By the way, what's "kutgw"?
Closed Thread