Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #1021
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
MtherGoos: I'm in stealth mode; seems you're the only one who's missed me

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #1022
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
No, PaleoGuy, I'm sure many people missed you! I think sometimes people just don't ask because we're afraid if someone is missing it's because they're off track. Glad to see you!
Old 04-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #1023
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
PaeloGuy - you are missed whenever we don't hear from you. I know personally that sometimes I come in and read some but don't post for days, either nothing to say (ha, ha!) or busy and don't want to take the time, just skim the threads and go!
Old 04-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #1024
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /148 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
No CPG, I missed you on the other thread. LOL.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #1025
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
MtherGoos: I'm in stealth mode; seems you're the only one who's missed me
AWWW I miss you when you don't post.I have been working all day .I work from home and I haven't worked the last 2 weeks and I had to get some hours in before I got fired Cheer up my friend you are loved
Old 04-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #1026
Berta48

I'm so frustrated.I only had .8 to be at my first mini goal and was up today geeeze. I didn't have but 3 gms of carbs yesterday???? What's up with that? Is this a normal thing on this plan?
Old 04-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #1027
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Yup Berta, very normal. The scale is an evil, lying witch. I know that any time I see a new low, I'm very likely going to bounce back up for a few days. It will eventually go back down, but sometimes it takes time.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #1028
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Yup Berta, very normal. The scale is an evil, lying witch. I know that any time I see a new low, I'm very likely going to bounce back up for a few days. It will eventually go back down, but sometimes it takes time.
Thank you.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #1029
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mogirlinnc
Stats: 198.5/171/135?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: back again - April 2014
Oh, Berta! MtherGoos is right about those scales. It will go down soon.

What kind of scale do you have that measures in tenths of a pound? Mine only does .5 increments.

Paleoguy - I haven't been around long enough to miss anyone, but I'm glad you are back! Where was your profile picture taken? Niagara escarpment, maybe?

I hope everyone had a good day of eating. I made oopsie rolls for the first time and had french dip sandwiches with the family instead of just the meat and cheese on a plate. I think there is a breakfast sandwich in my future.

Michele
Old 04-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #1030
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/182/145
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Way to go EVERYONE!!!!!!! I have been gone for about 2 weeks......went to Florida on vacation and then last week, just kinda messed around. I weighed myself the day I left to go to Florida, and I was 209 (my tom) and when I weighed myself yesterday, I only weighed 210........I FREAKED OUT!!!!!!!! I truly thought I was going to have to start all over.....thought I was going to be at least 226+, so I was truly relieved!!!!! Not sure how that happened, but I will take it!!! For the two weeks I have not been on here, I was not doing low carb...at all!! But, as of yesterday, I am back on track and ready to get my life started!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #1031
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogirlinnc View Post
Oh, Berta! MtherGoos is right about those scales. It will go down soon.

What kind of scale do you have that measures in tenths of a pound? Mine only does .5 increments.

Paleoguy - I haven't been around long enough to miss anyone, but I'm glad you are back! Where was your profile picture taken? Niagara escarpment, maybe?

I hope everyone had a good day of eating. I made oopsie rolls for the first time and had french dip sandwiches with the family instead of just the meat and cheese on a plate. I think there is a breakfast sandwich in my future.

Michele
MMMM not sure they brand new I would say .5. NICE TO MEET YOU!

MICHELLE

Last edited by Berta48; 04-22-2014 at 06:14 PM..
Old 04-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #1032
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PauletticusJ
Stats: 331/273/175
Start Date: 3/2/2014
I have not visited for a week or so, so I had to stop by and let everyone know that since I started the Atkins '72 on March 2 (I think), I have now lost 21 lbs!!! I am still basically following the induction with the addition of a little cream for my morning coffees, and I have some additional tomato once in a while (in my special Texas Chili, and occasionally in a salad). I try to keep my daily carbs under 10, and my calorie range under 1600. It seems to be working fine for me. My weight loss has slowed a bit, but is on a downward trend.

I will be staying with this arrangement indefinitely now, as I have absolutely no cravings, no hunger, and I am not missing a thing. If I can lose approx. 5 lbs a month, I will be very happy. Of course, more would be welcome

Since I have so very much to lose, I will not expect miracles to happen, but keep my focus on the vast improvements I have seen in my health since beginning the Atkins eating style: The huge drop in my blood sugar readings and their stability throughout the day, and my incredible drop in cholesterol readings from 3 months ago (they dropped by half!). My doctor has cut my insulin and cholesterol meds by half, also.

Another weird thing is happening and I wonder if anyone else has noticed this, or if it just me, but I seem to be noticing much less hair strands in my brush every morning. It seems like my hairs are just stronger, and staying on my head! It is definitely different. I have been tracking this for a couple weeks now. I am truly seeing less hair loss and breakage. I owe this to eating more natural, quality proteins every day.

I took some measurements and I have lost almost 8 total inches from various parts of my body - most noticeably from my thighs (weird). My hips and waist are stubborn, but I finally have registered 2" gone from my hips and 1" from my waist! So I am slowly melting after all. My face looks thinner, too, but I can't measure it

So that is how I have been doing. Still going strong on the old Atkins and loving it! That new swimsuit I bought before Christmas will now be too large for me come the 4th of July. It's a shame - because they are so expensive, but that is the last thing I am going to worry about!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #1033
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Pauletticus-sounds like you found your groove in this way of life congrats on weight loss so far-you are doing awesome

Mogirl-my scale does tenths, I bought it years ago at walmart, don't think I paid too much for it either

Michelle-welcome back!!! Glad the scales were kind to you during vacation!

Berta-the scale she bounces, like a hyped up rubber ball..mom had hit her low yesterday and bounced up a couple of pounds today, but what she bounced up to was her last week low.. You will blow that .8 out of water it will be but a distant memory soon enough
Old 04-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #1034
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Pauletticus-sounds like you found your groove in this way of life congrats on weight loss so far-you are doing awesome

Mogirl-my scale does tenths, I bought it years ago at walmart, don't think I paid too much for it either

Michelle-welcome back!!! Glad the scales were kind to you during vacation!

Berta-the scale she bounces, like a hyped up rubber ball..mom had hit her low yesterday and bounced up a couple of pounds today, but what she bounced up to was her last week low.. You will blow that .8 out of water it will be but a distant memory soon enough
OHHHH I sure hope so. 239.8 Was my last dose weight on RXHCG and after going into PH 3 I gained some. I don't remember how much but I want to get back down and beyond!One week this Thurs I started the 72 plan
What phase are you on? It is nice to have your mom doing this with you.Do you live together? I wish my husband would go on thus iwth me he really needs to loose too.But I thnk he will once he sees me shrinking
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletticusJ View Post
I have not visited for a week or so, so I had to stop by and let everyone know that since I started the Atkins '72 on March 2 (I think), I have now lost 21 lbs!!! I am still basically following the induction with the addition of a little cream for my morning coffees, and I have some additional tomato once in a while (in my special Texas Chili, and occasionally in a salad). I try to keep my daily carbs under 10, and my calorie range under 1600. It seems to be working fine for me. My weight loss has slowed a bit, but is on a downward trend.

I will be staying with this arrangement indefinitely now, as I have absolutely no cravings, no hunger, and I am not missing a thing. If I can lose approx. 5 lbs a month, I will be very happy. Of course, more would be welcome

Since I have so very much to lose, I will not expect miracles to happen, but keep my focus on the vast improvements I have seen in my health since beginning the Atkins eating style: The huge drop in my blood sugar readings and their stability throughout the day, and my incredible drop in cholesterol readings from 3 months ago (they dropped by half!). My doctor has cut my insulin and cholesterol meds by half, also.

Another weird thing is happening and I wonder if anyone else has noticed this, or if it just me, but I seem to be noticing much less hair strands in my brush every morning. It seems like my hairs are just stronger, and staying on my head! It is definitely different. I have been tracking this for a couple weeks now. I am truly seeing less hair loss and breakage. I owe this to eating more natural, quality proteins every day.

I took some measurements and I have lost almost 8 total inches from various parts of my body - most noticeably from my thighs (weird). My hips and waist are stubborn, but I finally have registered 2" gone from my hips and 1" from my waist! So I am slowly melting after all. My face looks thinner, too, but I can't measure it

So that is how I have been doing. Still going strong on the old Atkins and loving it! That new swimsuit I bought before Christmas will now be too large for me come the 4th of July. It's a shame - because they are so expensive, but that is the last thing I am going to worry about!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!
You can measure your neck that is part of your face. Nice to meet you!

Last edited by Berta48; 04-22-2014 at 09:33 PM..
Old 04-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #1035
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Hi! I've been a lurking, on this thread in particular, since about the first of the month. I find it inspirational and feel like I kind of know all of you so thought it only fair that I come out of the shadows and introduce myself. I'm 42 and a single mom to a 14 year old boy.

I've been heavy since about the time I hit puberty. My weight issues are without question emotionally based. I'm an addict and food is my drug of choice. I tried Atkins when I was about 25 and the weight just melted off. I didn't own a scale, but I think I probably dropped 35 pounds in three weeks. Then I met my son's father who took me out for pizza and the diet ended there. I've tried many diets over the years, but have learned that dieting only causes me to gain weight. I lose, and then regain what I lost plus some.

When I was about 36 I joined LA Weightloss. It was when they had brick and mortar clinics. I did so well on that diet. It was a very healthy and balanced approach and I learned so much about nutrition and how to eat right. It was a low carb plan although not nearly as low as Atkins. I lost about 80 pounds in nine months and was able to keep most of it off for about five years.

Life got really stressful. My son has Asperger's syndrome and we went through several really hard years. I gained about 50 of my 80 pounds back and here I am today.

Over the years I have studied a lot about holistic medicine, nutrition, natural remedies, energy work, etc. I have been a clean eater for years, but the carbs and quantity I was eating just kept me at a high weight. My focus is of course to lose weight, but more importantly, to develop healthy emotional habits. Losing the weight is only half the battle in my case.

Anyhow, enough about me. Thank you for the inspiration of the last few weeks.

DLaney
Old 04-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #1036
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
Hi DLaney. It sounds like you have a full plate to deal with. I wish you much success.

I am back...hopefully to stay. Today is my two year anniversary of LCing. It's the middle of the night but I will be weighing in the morning to see how much damage I've done over the last couple of months. Please send good thoughts my way as they are very much needed.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:08 AM   #1037
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
What phase are you on? It is nice to have your mom doing this with you.Do you live together? I wish my husband would go on thus iwth me he really needs to loose too.:
I am doing induction, yes we live together, makes it nice having someone doing it with me, helps cut down on bad foods although 2 other members of household doesn't do it
Old 04-23-2014, 04:01 AM   #1038
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Good Wednesday Morning, Everybody!

jblanken -- Net carbs aren't even recognized by the FDA -- I'm gonna say it and those that count 'em are gonna give me GRIEF, but I can handle it -- net carbs came about around 10-15 years ago so Atkins can sell it's prepacked food products.

Berta -- CONGRATS on the down 1 pound -- it's one pound closer to your goal. I hear you about the not getting paid but doing work on your own time. I'm a school teacher, they only pay us from bell to bell not the actual hours we put in... I can't complain really! I teach all of my hobbies and they PAY me for it.

Berta, if you're eating "clean" don't let the scale become your enemy -- you will see results!! My scale is ancient I've had it literally thru thick and thin I REFUSE to replace it...

reptogirl -- Was your mission successful on finding the fiend who said you could have spinach on Level 1 induction? Hey seriously it's not that bad, at least they didn't say: you can have Ben & Jerry's

Tell MOM congrats from me -- she really is doing so well!!

natosha -- Have salt from the day before? I take it you mean you had more salt than usual? That happens to me if I over indulge in pork rinds (my one guilty pleasure). If I have too many, I can expect a gain of 1 to 2 lbs the next day but I know it's water weight because I am eating "clean". So I don't worry about it at all -- I just keep my portion down to 1-2 oz.

mogirlinnc -- to our LC WOE Party!!
Congrats on your loss so far that is so awesome!!

CdnPaleoGuy -- I missed you too and ditto what MG said about being afraid to say something...

MtherGoos -- evil lying witch = scales!!

michellewynos -- Welcome back and congrats about only gaining 1 pound on your vaca!! Wow that's amazing esp since you went off plan. Good to hear that you are back on the LC WOE plan!!

Pauletticus -- Welcome back and HUGE CONGRATS on your weight loss!!! Wow you are rocking this thing!!
Keep up the good work! I'm over here cheering you on!!

Dlaney -- to our LC WOE Party! There are so many wonderful people here with many years of being successful at maintaining their weight loss on this LC WOE -- I will be counted among their number 'cause I REFUSE to REGAIN!!

cfine -- Welcome back!! Were the scales kind? (Keeping my fingers crossed for you -- makes it hard to type though. ) WOW -- Congrats on your 2nd anniversary. How much did you lose?

You all have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Jo =]

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Old 04-23-2014, 05:20 AM   #1039
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 7/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Good Wednesday Morning, Everybody!

jblanken -- Net carbs aren't even recognized by the FDA -- I'm gonna say it and those that count 'em are gonna give me GRIEF, but I can handle it -- net carbs came about around 10-15 years ago so Atkins can sell it's prepacked food products.
Good morning Just Joe - - I agree with you wholeheartedly... Net carbs do not work for me!! Maybe others it works for - caveat here...

Trying to get my friend to start this diet... 5'4" and 248lbs... She has already had a mild stroke so I worry about her... Thanks for the Atkins72 info you sent the other day... I am going to mail this to her as she doesn't do internet well either...

Oh and the best part, I drank gobs of water yesterday, took a walk and am down .8 today... yahoo...
Old 04-23-2014, 05:46 AM   #1040
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on everyone that saw losses today...
For those who stayed the same or was up a few...keep at it the scale will eventually go down!!! Don't forget to drink your water!! It helped me to see a downward change on the scale!

Last edited by jblanken; 04-23-2014 at 05:52 AM..
Old 04-23-2014, 05:51 AM   #1041
Senior LCF Member

DlaneyLynn and mogirlinnc
back !! CdnPaleoGuy, michellewynos & cfine
(sorry if I missed anyone )
Old 04-23-2014, 06:30 AM   #1042
Senior LCF Member

Oh how I love this way of life!!!! I am a weigh myself everyday kinda girl, so, of course I weighed this morning and am now down to 208!! This is amazing to me!!! I mean, really, what other woe can you lose 2lbs in a night??

reptogirl- You are so lucky to have someone to do this with!!! I think it would make it so much easier....to have your own little cheering section by your side all the time.....making sure neither one of you "cheat"......having someone to talk to about everything. You are both doing so well!! Congrats!!!!!

jblanken- You seem to be about the same size as me. At my highest weight, like 2 years ago, I was 246. Am now 208, but can not wait until I get down to where you are now!!! I am also 5'7, so pretty close there, too. How many sizes have you gone down? My biggest goal is to get into a single digit size......I have never been in that area, even as a high schooler!! Good job on all your loss and hard work!!!

DLaney- Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!!! This is an awesome group of people who really care about each other!! They are always encouraging!!!

MG- OMGoodness!!!!! 160 is totally amazing!!!!!

Berta- I just love you!! You are always there to say hi or give encouragement, or ask questions!!!!

PauletticusJ- 21lbs!!!!!!! Whoop Whoop!!! That is awesome!!!! Super big congrats!!!!!!!

Ok, I am outta here!! will certainly be back on here sometime today!! Love all your posts!!! Have a good low carb day, everyone!!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:47 AM   #1043
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
jblanken- You seem to be about the same size as me. At my highest weight, like 2 years ago, I was 246. Am now 208, but can not wait until I get down to where you are now!!! I am also 5'7, so pretty close there, too. How many sizes have you gone down? My biggest goal is to get into a single digit size......I have never been in that area, even as a high schooler!! Good job on all your loss and hard work!!!
At 248 and 5'6.5" in 2006, I was about 18 or 20 depending. I gain weight all over my body so fat back and arms yeah you get the picture.... My lowest was at 165 and I was a 10 and now about a 12... Still have my size 10 so need about 20 to feel real good in those again. Stick with this way of eating and you'll be down there soon. Don't forget to drink your water, this makes a large difference to me on the scales... Take a lot of trips to the BR, but I sit all day anyway...

What I really like about this WOE is I forget to eat and I am not hungry ....

A'72 believer

Julie

Last edited by jblanken; 04-23-2014 at 07:58 AM..
Old 04-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #1044
Senior LCF Member

Jblanken-I am the exact same way about the fat!!!! I swear, I can lose 25 lbs and not really notice to much!!!! I will lose lbs in my toes...lol!!!! I laugh at pictures of people who lose 20 lbs and are down 3 pant sizes!!!! I wish!!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #1045
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jblanken-I am the exact same way about the fat!!!! I swear, I can lose 25 lbs and not really notice to much!!!! I will lose lbs in my toes...lol!!!! I laugh at pictures of people who lose 20 lbs and are down 3 pant sizes!!!! I wish!!!!
My cousin carries all her weight in the hip and legs. I don't think she ever had a large waist, bare childbirth... lol
Old 04-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #1046
Berta48

Morning LC Buds
Well down .4 today so better than up! Geeeeeze I really was hoping to be on a downward spiral now. one week tomorrow doing Atkins 72 plan. But April 17th I was 247.6 today April 23rd I am 241.So I have lost 6.8. So that is pretty good I guess.
I am use to weighing every day from doing the RXHCG and I usually lost .8 -1lb a day. But didn't get much to eat either only 500 calories and very few veggies only 3.5oz of meat 2x a day could not eat breakfast and that is my favorite meal!.It was extremely limited and hard to stick with.Nothing hard about this plan.Is there an average loss per day or does everyone just vary with Atkins 72?

Michelle
I am a weigh everyday gal too. But I am considering once a week.It's a habit and hard to break.
Thank you for the compliment.Yes I definetely ask the questions don't I. But I figure if I don't know I should ask so I can do it the right way. Sometimes I get confused as the rules say one thing then people on the threads say something diferent.But so far I have been listening to the people!I TRY to encourage people as I need encouragement many times myself. I wish you the much success on this journey.

JBlanken
The same here, I don't get hungry, but I have to eat since I have diabetes2.Well I have to admit I was a bit hungry this a.m. as I only ate three boiled eggs & one pork chop yesterday all day long.

WELCOME DlaneyLynn,mogirlinnc& cfine

Nice to have you join us on this journey.The more the merrier!

Repto
Hope you are having great day & that the scales were good to you!. Our weather is sure crazy here.It was 80F Monday & today it is 45F.Don't know if I will ever get my tomato plants out, I have some canna bulbs and elepant ears to plant too!Maybe soon
I was going to measure and can not find my tape measures anywhere I have two and can't find them.I will buy anohter then I will find the other two and have three

Last edited by Berta48; 04-23-2014 at 09:54 AM..
Old 04-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #1047
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post

reptogirl -- to our WOE Party!!

Monday, 31 March will be week 39 since I've been on Induction Week 1 of A'72. I don't do more than 6-8 carbs daily (1100-1200 kcals) and I just upped the carbs to 8 on Monday.

Pork rinds are soooo legal on A'72. The only problem I have with them is they are high in salt and I retain water weight (up to 2 or 3 lbs) if I overindulge. So I limit mine to 1-2 oz several times a week.

Some people have problems with coffee and dt soda. I have no problem with either on this WOE. Since I also watch my kcal intake, I switched to International Delight Sugar free coffee Creamer which has 1 gram of carb per T and only 20 kcals. And I love the Davinci Sugar-free Syrups ZERO carbs or kcals (neither of which makes me stall or gain weight which is the BIG +).

About realistic on unrealistic weight loss goals. I suggest 10 lbs a month and you'll be amazed how each month you'll reach goal - IF you follow religiously this WOE!! On average I lost 3.3 lbs a week.

Spinach, raw = 30g (28.35g = 1 oz) 1 carb and 7 kcals -- I think the biggest thing with salad greens is what you dress it with. Be leary of those.

I personally love the bag 'o salads -- no excuse not to eat since you just pour and serve LOL!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Well this is the only thing I could find regarding my spinach question it wasn't a yes or no it was a beware of salad dressings.

No biggie either way, I only ate spinach a couple of times and that was my first week-it got soggy quick and had to toss it out and didn't want to waste money on more to get thrown out
Old 04-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #1048
Senior LCF Member

Berta-tomorrow is my actual weigh in day, I do every 5 days on plan, I really think I am one that will for awhile lose more inches than pounds..which I am completely fine with, actually prefer it. It's funny my stomach is so wonky right now where I have lost some on one side and other side hasn't caught up, I don't mind, and my muffin top area lost is the opposite of my stomach lol! Same with my upper arms, one side is showing more than other...I never did bother to do measurements when I started, I hate measuring, so I'm going just based on visual and by how my clothes are fitting, it was chilly here this morning and had to put on my jacket, and it was already much bigger on me than it was last time I wore it...I live in Midwest too, although I don't understand why we are part of "Midwest" I think my state just kinda got threw in there... I assume you aren't planting tasty fair variety of elephant ears hahA!! About weight loss-everyone is going to vary mom has lost more than me although we are eating the same foods
Old 04-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #1049
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Today is a good day. Low appetite and bad breath so I know I am in ketosis . I had added a minute muffin every day or so for the last week because the lack of fiber was taking a toll on me, but I think it stalled me. I'm not sure if a food can stall you without kicking you out of ketosis, but the fact is that I haven't lost this week and that's all I can attribute it to. Oh well, the muffins didn't help much anyway so I'm eliminating them.

Quote:

I totally understand what you two are saying. I can lose 25-30 pounds and not notice a size difference at all. I can also gain 20 pounds without feeling a difference too! Yikes. I don't think people expect to drop shoe sizes along with clothing sizes. I lost a shoe size and a half the last time I lost weight. Weird.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #1050
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/200/165
Start Date: Feb 2014
So nice to see all the activity today! You guys are my support group, and even if you don't have a lot to say, I love it when you check in!

michelle, congrats on keeping the weight low during your vacation! So glad you are back, and getting back on track with us

Pauletticus--sounds like you are doing great! I know, when we have a lot to lose, it just seems like it will take forever. But remember MG's line--a year from now, think where you will be! I keep telling myself to be content with whatever weight loss I have, because until I started this I was gaining, gaining, gaining!

DLaney, I am right there with you on the emotional eating! Even though I can eat as much low carb as I "want," I try to be very careful about whether I am "wanting" or I am actually hungry. This WOE is important to me not just for weight loss, but to learn more about me, my emotions, and where to turn when I am stressed. Turning to food has only gotten me fat and unhappy.

cfine--keeping fingers crossed for you as you check the scale. Two year anniversary! That's awesome!

Last10--just do your best where you are at. It's all we can do! Stay strong.

mo girl, glad to have you back again! This WOE really works for lowering the appetite, doesn't it?!

Tweeker-geek and PaleoGuy, even if you just check in and say hi and that you are doing ok, it is encouraging to know that there are others out there. Sometimes I feel so isolated doing this, and it helps to know I'm not alone.

reptogirl--I love your encouragement. It lifts me up!

Berta--I stayed off the scale this morning...will try to stay off as long as I can. The daily fluctuations are driving me crazy! and what really matters is that I'm staying on plan. The weight WILL come off!

jblanken--I know what you mean. I've lost over 20, but I doubt anyone notices it but me. It will be at least 40 lbs before anyone notices, if that!

Thanks to all of you for being here!!
Closed Thread