Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #991
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Good Saturday Evening, Everybody!

reptogirl -- 20 days doing this LC WOE journey!! That's awesome!! Remember everyday eating clean is one day closer to reaching your personal goal weight!! I'm over here cheering you on!!

CONGRATS on the .4lbs!!!

LOL @ the spaghetti sauce on the hand thingy -- Holy Hannah, I do the same thing -- now I wear gloves if I am going to prepare any type of carb. I baked a cake a couple of months ago and had the DH watch me the entire time, you know how BLCW (before LC WOE) you'd sample the batter etc -- I didn't wanna be tempted to do it. I made fudge this morning for Secretary's Day on Wednesday -- I don't like choc'late so that wasn't even a problem -- but I wore my gloves!!

jblanken -- I agree about the chemistry degree to decode the ingredients on a food label. And I'm not as noble as you about "no processed foods" gosh I love my diet sodas and my artificial sugar free Da Vinci Caramel Coffee flavoring...

betterthanever -- MG is our resident expert and she's losing without veggies and I can't live without my 6 oz of salad each day. Interesting how each of us metabolizes nutrients differently?? And the ability to tweak this WOE to work for you and get the results you want is amazing!! I'm cheering you on, girl!! We old ladies (I'm 55 too) have to stick together!!

These are the supplements I take:
2 multi-vitamins, Calcium (630 mg) + vitamin D (500 ID) its one tablet, Magnesium 250 mg and 2 Potassium 595 mg each (helped resolve the terrible leg cramps I’d get at night) - I did 1 potassium first, but that didn’t help so my doc increased it to 2.

MtherGoos -- That's what so amazing about this LC WOE, you don't have to exercise and in your case, it doesn't help at all. Me, I exercise like crazy cause it makes me feel AWESOME (almost as good as s.e.x!!)

Berta -- Congrats on just saying "no" to the carb laden foods -- it gets easier and easier. I'm glad you ate a little something before you went. My work place sounds like your social time with your friends, everything revolves around food. I avoid the teachers' lounge like the plague, just don't wanna get the cravings -- not that I would eat anything made of those poisonous, toxic killer carbs. But why put myself in that position.

Melsie52 -- to our LC WOE Party!! I love seafood -- all of it and eat it about 2 or 3 x a week (mostly Cod, Whiting or tuna). Berta posted the list of expectable seafood on A '72.

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys especially with all the Easter foods and goodies!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #992
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
Berta-here is the recipe the heroine chicken
4 lbs chicken wings
1/2 cup butter
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 T dried parsley
1 T dried oregano
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

Preheat oven to 350, cut chicken into drummettes

Combine grated cheese and seasoning

Line shallow baking pan with foil( says don't skip this step)

Melt butter, dip chicken in butter, roll into dry ingredients bake for 1 hour

Mine is gonna be a little different I don't have enough cheese and I bought drummettes to start with - on sale- and I'm not using oregano - chicken is thawed yet grrrrr so might be awhile
Thank you
I printed it off.
I switched my chicken menu tonight from rotissierie to fried/baked.
I washed the chicken cut it up into 8 pieces and rolled it in eggs then in pork rinds. Then I added thyme,rosemary garlic powder, salt, pepper and a tad like 1/4 c grated paarmesan cheese. then rolled each piece of chicken in the egg then in the pork rind mixture fried it until it was brown and then baked it the rest of the way in the oven.It was really good

Thanks JustJo
I hope it gets easier I am sorta getting tired of nothing but meat.I'm thinking after these 2 weeks I will ad back 1/2 ov LC veggies once in awhile. See How I do weight wise. But may change my mind by then too. Ya just never know.

Last edited by Berta48; 04-19-2014 at 06:17 PM..
Old 04-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #993
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Wow, I haven't had time to check in the past couple of days and I'm 3 pages behind - Cut it out, you guys, I need to catch up!!

I did scroll through though, so congratulations on your losses, Jo, MG, reptogirl and anyone else who posted a loss. I'm still maintaining the same weight, should be due for a loss pretty soon I'd think. My 2-week induction is up on Monday, I'm not planning to stray too far from that but I will probably start adding broccoli or green beans with my evening meal, I'm really missing a hot vegetable at dinnertime.

Welcome, Melsie52!

Hope you all have a Happy Easter and that we all manage to stay on plan. I'm going out and am planning on eating a sizable breakfast before I go and sticking to some ham and salad while there. Leftover chicken, probably will make chicken salad, for dinner tomorrow night.

Night all!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #994
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
I wasn't a huge fan of the chicken berta but I did not have enough mixture and had to make more, it seemed like there was just too much cheese on it -did I seriously just say too much cheese lol!!!! My sister really liked it so it wasn't a total waste.

Time to scour Pinterest for some more ideas!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:24 AM   #995
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Hi all I wonder if I could join and get your help to see if I'm doing this plan approach ok. I guess I'm more for atkins 72. However, In past did low carb different versions in my own way mainly like atkins 72, but pretty much more protein than my fat should be.. So today after going vegan losing weight and all I want to return to low carb but just to drop a few and maintain. Today I started with this type of breakfast as my birthday and easter breakfast.

Hoping its an ok look to this plan, went with instincts that it would be correct.

breakfast- splenda and black tea, 16oz water

2 eggs fried, 2 strips pork bacon, mushrooms 1 cup, 1 cup spinach, half avocado, pinch garlic and black pepper.

feel good and full and hoping that also taking some garcinia cambogia pills to help me stay full faster. However, I may be ok without since I do feel full, but they help me stay regular as well.

I hope this meal plan was right on or looks ok for this diet

Happy Easter All
Attached Images
File Type: jpg easter breakfast and birthday as well.jpg (38.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-20-2014, 05:34 AM   #996
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Easter (for those who observe it) Sunday, Everybody!

Berta -- That's the way this work, you add what you miss most, I'd suggest one type of veggie at a time for a week or two and see how that affects you. Dr. A posed questions like: are you still losing weight nicely, still feeling less hungry? Those were used to see if that particular food was affecting your ability to continue losing weight.

I love your attitude about "May change my mind by then too."

Tweaker -- I've missed ya & read faster!! Cool about your 2nd week of Induction ends Monday! Mine is on-going for the moment & I know MtherGoos does too! You gotta tweak this to work for you to get the results you want. And more importantly, that you can live with this WOE forEVER.

natosha120 -- to the LC WOE Party and !!

Wow your menu is interesting but looks nothing like A'72 -- must be a newer version of Atkins. Here is what A'72 veggies for the 1st week of Induction looks like:

Salads: Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus… green olives.

In A '72, and I quote: "During the first week on this WOE [I took out the word diet here and replaced with WOE], you cut your intake of carbohydrates down to what is biologically zero."

We also don't worry about nutrient ratios (i.e, % between fat, carbs and proteins) that's a newer Atkins thingy. We don't force liquids either. Eat and drink when you are hungry or thristy.

A '72 is the purest form of all the Atkins versions -- you eat simple foods and the results are AMAZING.

Hope this helped.

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys especially with the Easter lunches/dinners and GOODIES!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-20-2014, 05:49 AM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
4/1 off day
4/2 190.0
4/3 189.2
4/4 188.9
4/6 188.5
4/7 188.1
4/8 187.0
4/9 186.6
4/10 186.8
4/11 187.6 probably TOM
4/12 185.9
4/13 185.6
4/14 186.2
DNW succumbed to stress, had popcorn
4/19 188.2 started recumbent bike
4/20 186.2

Will try bike everyday or every other to see it makes a difference on scale...

Happy Easter - - stay on plan today....
Old 04-20-2014, 05:59 AM   #998
Senior LCF Member

oh cool so its really simple lol no numbers or anything just low low carb and enjoy whatever you like so if I wanted to just have hot wings.

Yea I must be thinking of the newer appraoch. Thanks for the clear up. I hope that didn't mess me up for starting tho lol.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #999
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
oh cool so its really simple lol no numbers or anything just low low carb and enjoy whatever you like so if I wanted to just have hot wings.
Well the number you would be most concerned about is the number of daily carbs -- not to be confused with net carbs, we A '72 purists don't do net carbs . Here's the Induction Phase of A '72:

Original Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution
NOTE: Bantam edition / September 1972 paperback

Not sixty grams of carbohydrate on this diet but zero grams. During the first week on this diet, you cut your intake of carbohydrates down to what is biologically zero.

This creates a unique chemical situation in the body, the one favorable to the fastest possible burning of your body’s stored fat. Ketones are excreted, and hunger disappears. You see, the first fuel your body burns for energy comes from the carbohydrates you eat and drink. If any carbohydrate is available, your body burns this rather than stored fat-and maintains its old metabolic pathways. But carbohydrates, as such, are not stored in the body beyond forty-eight hours. So when no carbohydrate is taken in, your body must draw upon the major reserve source of fuel-the stored fat.
It is forced to take a different metabolic pathway. In this process your body converts from being a carbohydrate-burning engine.

This is The Diet Revolution: the new chemical situation in which ketones are being thrown off-and so are those unwanted pounds, all without hunger. A gradual addition of carbohydrate to keep your body burning it’s fat as fuel. We must maintain this chemical situation if you’re to continue to lose without hunger. And if we add carbohydrate very gradually in tiny amounts-we can do just this… keep your body converted into a fat-burning engine. So that is just what we do. The second week you might add a few grams of carbohydrate to your diet.

Every week thereafter a little more carbohydrate (around five grams) may be returned to the diet.

The Diet Revolution Rules (Level One):

1. Don’t count calories
2. Eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to avoid hunger.
3. Don’t eat when you are not hungry.
4. Don’t feel you must finish everything on your plate just because it is there.
5. Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids… but it is not necessary to force them either.
6. Frequent small meals are preferable.
7. If weakness results from rapid weight loss, you may need salt.
8. Every day, take a high-strength multivitamin pill.
9. Read the labels on “low-calorie” drinks, syrups, desserts. Only those with no carbohydrate content are allowed.

The First Life-Changing Week, eat nothing that is not on the list:

Meat: Steaks, Corned beef, Lamb chops, tongue, Hamburgers, Bacon, Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”

Fowl: Duckling, Turkey, Chicken, Anything with wings, No stuffing

Desserts: Gelatin with artificial sweeteners

Condiments: Salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, vanilla, and other extracts; artificial sweeteners; any dry powdered spice that contains no sugar
Drinks: Water, Mineral water, Vichy, Club soda; Beef or Chicken broth, bouillon; Sugar free diet soda; coffee*, tea, decaffeinated coffee

*Special note on caffeine and Diet Cola. Because most heavy people have some hypoglycemia, coffee, tea and diet colas, which contain caffeine, should be limited to six servings a day (cups). If you know you have low blood sugar, better limit it to three.

Fish: All fish, including canned salmon, tuna; any kind of seafood, including oil-packed and smoked, except oysters, clams, mussels, scallops, and pickled fish

Eggs: Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, omelet – any style and without limitations

Salads: Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus… green olives.

Butter & Mayonnaise Fats: Butter, margarine (head New Diet Revolution & eat no margarine with trans-fat, oils, shortening (not such a great idea), lard & mayonnaise (fats have no carbohydrates).

Juice: Juice of one lemon or lime

Cheese: Four ounces a day of any hard aged cheese. No cream cheese or cheese spreads.
Heavy Cream: Four teaspoons a day. (Cream has less carbohydrate than milk – so don’t use milk)

Diet Revolution Salad Material: Celery, Chicory, Chinese cabbage, Chives, Cucumber, Endive, Escarole, Fennel, lettuce, Olives (Green or Black), Onions, Pickles (Sour or Dill), Parsley, Peppers, Radishes, Scallions, watercress.

What happens after the first week’s diet?
Most diets are fixed formulas and are therefore short-termed and self-limiting. This diet is fixed only for a week. After that – because it must be a lifetime diet, it is, as variable as are individual tastes. I’ve labeled the additions of carbohydrate that follow’ second level’, ‘third level’, ‘fourth level’, ‘fifth level’, but in fact the additions are interchangeable and flexible. You can make any of these additions any week that you choose. I am so committed to making this a livable lifetime diet that I am letting you select your own variations, within the rules set up by your biological rulebook.

Put back what you’ve missed the most: The idea is simply to gradually return to your diet first what you missed most. Custom-tailor the diet to suit your carbohydrate additions to suit your lifestyle. All that matters is that you add back to your diet a little carbohydrate at a time, and that you stop adding carbohydrate when you reach your CCL.

How to know when to put back a little carbohydrate: Ask yourself: Are the keto-stix still turning purple? Am I still un-hungry? Have I stopped eating at night? Do I have more energy? Am I still losing weight or inches nicely? Remember, your tape measure is a lot better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat (not just temporary water) losses this diet achieves.

The Second Level: Cheesecake for dessert? At each level, remember you add approximately five to eight grams of carbohydrate daily for a week and analyze the results. Most people agree the best way to handle the second level is to add cottage cheese…

The Diet Revolution Vegetables (not for level one): All of the above plus; Asparagus, Avocado, Bamboo Shoots, Bean Sprouts, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chard, Chinese Cabbage, eggplant, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions, Peppers, Pumpkins, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Snow Pea Pods, Spinach, String Beans, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Turnips, Water Chestnuts, Wax Beans, Zucchini Squash

.................................................. ...................................

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #1000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=Just Jo;16882776] Happy Easter (for those who observe it) Sunday, Everybody!

Tweaker -- I've missed ya & read faster!! Cool about your 2nd week of Induction ends Monday! Mine is on-going for the moment & I know MtherGoos does too! You gotta tweak this to work for you to get the results you want. And more importantly, that you can live with this WOE forEVER.(QUOTE)

Happy Easter to you too, Jo!

Aw, nice to know you missed me!

I will be eating this way forever, heck I've eaten this way for years anyway but just let myself get carried away and lured down the yellow brick road a few too many times! I knew better but did it anyway!

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 04-20-2014 at 02:56 PM..
Old 04-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #1001
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/188/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
survived!

Well, I survived Easter dinner just fine! I brought my spinach salad, which is SO yummy and has 4 carbs/cup, and had some meat and I was done. I ate slowly, and never gave the candy by my plate a second thought. I was impressed with myself! So now, I start on a clean induction (wasn't sure if spinach was on the induction list, and I see now it is not). Will do that for a week and see if that makes the scale start to move again.

So far I've not heard anyone does the huge amounts of Vit E, or the double dose of a multi-vitamin. Just interested to see if anyone did it, and felt it was important.

So glad to be on this journey, and not the journey up the scale that has been my life the last couple years! Thanks to all for walking along with me.https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/i.../hugs_2011.gif
Old 04-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #1002
Senior LCF Member

Better-I was told that I could have spinach instead of lettuce, spinach has some nutrients in it too

I do a double dose of multiple vitamins most days.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:11 AM   #1003
Major LCF Poster!

better,
Congrats on surviving Easter!! It does get easier the longer you follow this WOE. To stay focused, in the past I would ask myself if it's worth gaining weight to indulge in a few moments of "carb crap" as I call it. Funny how I haven't had that conversation with myself since I did a planned "cheat" over Thanksgiving holiday -- gained 9 lbs & took me 6 days to lose them.

Spinach has twice as many carbs as a leafy green lettuce (i.e., butterhead is my favorite) and not an Induction (Level 1) salad material.

Here are the supplements I take and they are all generic -- why waste the money:
2 multi-vitamins
Calcium (630 mg) + vitamin D (500 ID) its one tablet
Magnesium 250 mg and
2 Potassium 595 mg each (helped resolve the leg cramps I’d get at night) - I did 1 potassium first, but that didn’t help so my doc increased it to 2.

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-21-2014, 05:55 AM   #1004
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Well, I survived Easter dinner just fine![/url]
Congrats BTE...
MIL did not put the sugar glaze on the ham and SIL brought deviled eggs...
For some reason MIL watches me like a hawk, in regards to what goes on my plate...

JustJo - thanks for this information, net carbs do not work for me...so I am in the right group!!
"Well the number you would be most concerned about is the number of daily carbs -- not to be confused with net carbs, we A '72 purists don't do net carbs"

Hope all see losses on the scale...!

Last edited by jblanken; 04-21-2014 at 05:56 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 05:57 AM   #1005
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Jo - this is so wonderful, you are an inspiration!!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:52 AM   #1006
Berta48

Morning Everyone
I had a wonderful Easter and ate POP. We went to steak house I had a porterhouse steak and side salad ordered the dressing on the side (Ranch.)took out all carrots and croutons then dipped my fork prongs in the dressing and ate the salad thatway. Nothing the rest of the day.

Today I was down 1 lb. ...so far down five lbs. It will be a week Thursday since switching to Atkins 72.
I have to wokr today I am getting behind. I work fro home and don't get paid if I don;t work.SO I hope everyone had a great Easter and that all have sucess as Jo always says.

Last edited by Berta48; 04-21-2014 at 07:57 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #1007
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Way to go Berta! You've got it !
Old 04-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #1008
Senior LCF Member

I know someone on this thread told me I could have spinach....now I'm on a mission to find out who. Lol
Old 04-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #1009
Senior LCF Member

Berta-congrats you are rocking this!!!!

I have hopped on scale past two days and been up, but they don't count..and I was dressed which adds some, I have been trying to drink water too so I think my body might be keeping hold of the water.

Mom has spent the last week bouncing around the same couple of pounds, but I guess that's normal after losing nearly 15 pounds, I read somewhere that week 3-5 can be a little rough, that's probably why ppl give up after a month

Well I must make deviled eggs again today
Old 04-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #1010
Berta48

Quote:
Berta-congrats you are rocking this!!!!

I have hopped on scale past two days and been up, but they don't count..and I was dressed which adds some, I have been trying to drink water too so I think my body might be keeping hold of the water.

Mom has spent the last week bouncing around the same couple of pounds, but I guess that's normal after losing nearly 15 pounds, I read somewhere that week 3-5 can be a little rough, that's probably why ppl give up after a month

Well I must make deviled eggs again today
Repto
Thanks my friend.
We all make mistakes geeze look how I started out 3000 and bars & shakes

I found a site that has some wonderful LC recipes I am getting excited about this WOE .Rule on this thread is we can't post other threads and that's fine if we want to be here "and I do".We have to abide the rules.

You gain may be water weight it will come I pray the WHOOSH fairy visists us both.ALL OF US ACTUALLY

But one of them was bacon wrapped meatballs!I'm trying that one for certain

I am so hoping and praying I will have that .8 off tomorrow morning. Then I will change my goal to 229.8. I'm doing this ten lbs at a time seems less stressful!

Last edited by Berta48; 04-21-2014 at 11:29 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #1011
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/188/165
Start Date: Feb 2014
Mmm, Berta, bacon-wrapped meatballs sounds great! Can you post the recipe?

Reptogirl, I read and re-read a post you made on another thread about water weight and cells holding onto water. It was really helpful. I've been stuck for a bit, and getting frustrated and thinking I'm not doing things right. And, that may be so--I'm going to be very careful this week just to be sure. But, it may simply be that my cells are hoarding water and not wanting to shrink. I want to go back to how I was before I got my new scale--ignoring the scale, and trusting that the weight will come off as long as I stay the course. (but I'm having a hard time not stepping on that scale!)

Working outside today, and getting tired very quickly. Don't know if it's the Atkins, or the fact that I haven't done physical labor in almost 8 months, as I've been recovering from whiplash due to a car accident. I think I'm healed now, and am so eager to get back out and plant things.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #1012
Senior LCF Member

thank you for the information about the program very helpful. I wonder in opinion from not normally having salt to having more than the day before would be reason for raise in weight, even if its when starting off?
Old 04-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #1013
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Mmm, Berta, bacon-wrapped meatballs sounds great! Can you post the recipe?

Reptogirl, I read and re-read a post you made on another thread about water weight and cells holding onto water. It was really helpful. I've been stuck for a bit, and getting frustrated and thinking I'm not doing things right. And, that may be so--I'm going to be very careful this week just to be sure. But, it may simply be that my cells are hoarding water and not wanting to shrink. I want to go back to how I was before I got my new scale--ignoring the scale, and trusting that the weight will come off as long as I stay the course. (but I'm having a hard time not stepping on that scale!)

Working outside today, and getting tired very quickly. Don't know if it's the Atkins, or the fact that I haven't done physical labor in almost 8 months, as I've been recovering from whiplash due to a car accident. I think I'm healed now, and am so eager to get back out and plant things.
Hello Buddy
How was your Easter? Ours was fantastic!!

Here is the recipe for you. I'm trying it tomorrow.I have chicken legs I need to cook tonight!
A nice change on the traditional meatball.
Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
Ingredients
6 thick bacon slices
1/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese
2 tsps garlic powder
2 tsps chili powder
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 medium egg
1 lb ground beef

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil.
2.Mix all ingredients except bacon together in bowl.
3.Roll mix into 12 balls.
4.Cut bacon slices in half and then wrap each ball in bacon and place on baking sheet.
5.Cook for 35 minutes.
It says 12 servings but I say 2-3

Also I will add a bit of garlic powder

Here's another with no cheese...

Bacon Wrapped Meatballs II

Bacon wrapped meatballs without the cheese.
Ingredients
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1 medium egg
12 thin bacon slices
2 tsps chili powder
2 tsps garlic powder
1 lb ground beef

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil.
2.Mix all ingredients except bacon together in bowl.
3.Use melon baller (or similar) to create 12 medium sized meatballs.
4.Wrap each meatball in a slice of bacon.
5.Cook for 35 minutes.
6.Note: try squirting Cajun blast BBQ basting sauce or sprinkling bacon salt onto meatballs

Last edited by Berta48; 04-21-2014 at 02:08 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #1014
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations on the loss, Berta, you'll be changing that goal for sure!

I did ok for Easter but some of the veggies and deviled eggs I ate tasted salty and so did the ham. I feel kinda bloated today and I think it's from the salt/water retention. I've been drinking lots of water so hopefully I can flush it out!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #1015
Senior LCF Member

Berta I have been wanting meatballs, never something I ever ate before so why now I don't know it sounds delicious and I will be trying it out....soon!!!

Better-you can google why the scales lie, and squishy fat both should help you and if you are anything like me you will be forever poking around on fat to see if it's squishy

After I posted that mom had been bouncing around a few pounds...come to find out she hit a new low-she has lost 16.6 pounds now !!! I really think I am losing more inches than pounds, I notice new dents all the time...lol
Old 04-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #1016
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
Congratulations on the loss, Berta, you'll be changing that goal for sure!

I did ok for Easter but some of the veggies and deviled eggs I ate tasted salty and so did the ham. I feel kinda bloated today and I think it's from the salt/water retention. I've been drinking lots of water so hopefully I can flush it out!
Salt is probably than for oyu than sweets though.Drinl a bit exytra it will come off.
Quote:
Berta I have been wanting meatballs, never something I ever ate before so why now I don't know it sounds delicious and I will be trying it out....soon!!!

Better-you can google why the scales lie, and squishy fat both should help you and if you are anything like me you will be forever poking around on fat to see if it's squishy

After I posted that mom had been bouncing around a few pounds...come to find out she hit a new low-she has lost 16.6 pounds now !!! I really think I am losing more inches than pounds, I notice new dents all the time...lol
I think I read the tape measure is a better friend on this WOE than the scales? Which remindes me I still haven't measured yet
And I am happy you like the recipe.I haven't tried them so let me know how you like them?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #1017
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mogirlinnc
Stats: 198.5/171/135?
Start Date: back again - April 2014
Congrats on all the losses and getting through Easter!

Hi:

I've been reading through this thread and am so happy to see so many of you posting phenomenal losses and doing great with the holiday!

Easter dinner was not hard for me. We always grill lamb and usually have asparagus. I just skipped the potatoes and the dessert. I also have not touched the kids candy. It really hasn't been calling to me, though.

The recipes I have been seeing look great! I'm excited to try some.

I've gone through induction, and I was surprised how quickly I went into ketosis. My body has always responded to this WOE in the past, so I shouldn't be all that surprised! My induction loss was only 4 pounds, but I have been losing since February - just not low carb. I didn't have the water weight to flush out, so I'm pleased with that loss. I stayed under 10 carbs a day for most of induction and now have added in some veggies other than lettuce. So far so good!

Michele
Old 04-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #1018
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/146/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Those meatballs look terrific!

Congrats on finding your groove Berta! Be proud of yourself.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #1019
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last10 View Post
Those meatballs look terrific!

Congrats on finding your groove Berta! Be proud of yourself.
Thanks
Old 04-22-2014, 07:23 AM   #1020
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/146/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Day 2 back in the saddle. More newer version Atkins than 72 until I'm out of workshops on Thursday. I know the food today and tomorrow will be a carb Fest because of the woman planning breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'll be fine if I eat protein and veggies but the veggies will be my lifesaver. I find veggies to be a good transition food for me as I head back into fat burning mode. I just want to stay accountable!

Have a fun day everyone!
Closed Thread